Dove Purely Pampering in Coconut Milk With Jasmine Petals

4.5

on 5/17/2015 1:29:00 AM

The scent is so luxurious and soothing, you'd think it is a high end, pricey body wash. It completely lives up to its label of "purely pampering." The price (in Canada) is decent but you should consider that it contains less product than in other drugstore body washes, so I'd wait until they're on sale.

on 4/14/2015 6:05:00 PM

I looove this stuff. So creamy, and moisturizing, and the smell is lovely. It's a little expensive; $5.47 at my local Walmart, but luckily they make a generic for two bucks cheaper. This makes a great winter soap for my dry and sensitive skin. Will definitely repurchase!

on 2/27/2015 3:45:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I'm on my 3rd bottle of this divine soap. It's rich, creamy, foamy, oooo sooo lush! This formula doesn't leave my skin dry or itchy. It does what it promises. I can also use it for shaving my legs and armpits. The scent is soft and sweet. Even delicate! I love coconut and I love jasmin, so this combo is a winner for me. Even the bottle itself, with the pretty picture, is a nice item in my bathroom.

on 2/26/2015 10:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This product was deceptively horrible. Sure, it made my skin silky smooth, but it ended there. Somehow it didn't moisturize my skin much. It left residue on my skin, which I didn't like the feeling of. But most shockingly, it irritated the skin of my lady bits (for lack of a better word). Not like I was using it directly on them, but even with just rinsing, it still affected me pretty badly! I used to love Dove body washes, and used them for a long time. But something changed. Sure enough, I looked on the ingredients at the back, and they added tallow, which is soap, like real soap. Soap that has a PH that is way too alkaline (too high) for your skin. I actually think the dove bar soap is more mild than this body wash. I went back to the store and see that they added tallow to all of their body washes now, I don't know why, but now I'm on to St.Ives body wash, and thank goodness this doesn't irritate my delicate skin!

on 12/26/2014 1:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Another awesome soap from Dove! This stuff smells amazing - the perfect blend of sweet coconut and delicate jasmine, I wish they made a lotion or spray from this scent. Lathers well and leaves my skin feeling soft. However, I've noticed if I have something on my skin (i.e., rinsing off self-tanner after it has developed) this soap doesn't really get it off - it just kind of creams together and doesn't lather and rinse off as easily as I would like. I would buy again though!

on 10/29/2014 8:45:00 PM

I have this in the body wash. Its a super delicate soft scent that I love! It also lathers nicely and makes your skin soft. My boyfriend uses it too so it isn't too girly that a couple would need to buy separate soaps.

on 10/18/2014 2:10:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I have this in bar soap form, and I think it's one of the best beauty/hygiene products ever created. It somehow manages to be the perfect balance of cleasning and moisturizing for every way I want to use it. I can wash my face with it (even though Dove soap usually makes my facial skin break out). I can wash my body with it; it cleanses well even when I'm stinky, but doesn't dry out my skin. I can wash my *hair* with it - it doesn't bother my sensitive scalp or dry out my ends/exacerbate my flyaways, and detangling is easy as pie afterward, but it feels clean and never looks greasy afterwards. I can shave with it - I get a close shave without razor burn or irritation. I wish the scent was more coconut milk-y, but it is lovely - I would use the body mist and/or deodorant in this scent if they existed. It's quite a bit more expensive than other Dove bar soaps - I paid US$7 for a 6-pack of small bars, but it was totally worth it. My only real gripe is that I have to drive to a grocery store about 30 minutes away to get it. I fear this may be discontinued, since I've only ever seen it that one place.

on 5/28/2014 9:56:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Super moisturizing, love the smell. I wish it would last all day long though! It's almost like it fades immediately but it's ok because it doesn't override my perfume. It can complement anything because it's so subtle. May buy again in the winter if it's still available.

on 5/19/2013 11:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

I love the scent of this body wash. I don't detect any coconut scent in this which is fine because it still smells divine. I love the rich creamy formula and the soft clean floral scent. It lathers really well and It leaves my skin soft, smooth and moisturized. It's like a little daily luxury.

on 5/12/2013 7:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I adore the smell of this! It's so subtle and sweet, almost like a soap from Japan. The scent lasts all day. I hope they make this forever. It really cleanses and softens my skin, I barely even need to use lotion afterwards. It's thick enough to use in shaving, which saves me money in the long run. I'm stocking up on this, I am afraid it won't be that popular.