November 27, 2014 | 1000 users online

Lip Gloss - Almay - Liquid Lip Balm (all colors)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2014 10:54:00 AM More reviews by Tanktanktank

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Omg you guys!!! This stuff is the best. I want them all now. I hate gloss to be honest, everything dries my lips out. Even some chap sticks. So it's been hard to find something that doesn't dry my lips out but look nice. Gloss always felt gross and sticky. Makes me think cheap automatically. But this gloss is so different. I got blooming and rosy lipped. The colors look so good on me. Even my fiancé said something. My lips aren't dry, as compared to some lippies that you like initially, then they end up drying your lips out. This stuff doesn't! It's awesome. I want to get every shade. And it's less than five bucks! I may just hand them out to friends as an added gift for Christmas. Love!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2014 6:18:00 PM More reviews by Heidness

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I've long disliked lip gloss, though lately, I'm finding I like the newer, non-glittery formulas better and I thought Apple a Day was such a pretty color that I'd take the plunge. I loved it so much I went and bought another shade, Rosy Lipped. And then another ... and another. Now I have six.
I definitely love this glossy balm. It's a bit stickier than a balm and not as slick as a gloss. The texture feels nice, and stays on the lips better than some slicker formulas. There isn't really a strong scent or flavor. With a few shades, I notice a faint, almost candy-like scent, but it's subtle and fades very fast. I don't pick up any real flavor with any of these.
The colors a very pretty, but none a super strong, but for gloss, I prefer that. I feel like it's less likely to have some color wander outside of lip lines.
My favorite is Apple a Day and my pale lips get a bit of color kick, but it's still very natural looking, but if I add more it gives a pretty rosy pink color that isn't too cool or too warm. It's quickly become one of my favorites.
Second favorite is Just Plum Good, which is a deeper shade than Apple A Day, but it's still subtle. I also have Pink Pout (it looks fairly bright pink in the tube but is subtle) and Blooming Balm, which looks like a cooler, amped-up nude. Rosy Lipped is another nude shade, but warmer. And last is Apricot Pucker, which a bright, orange-y coral that's buildable -- a small swipe adds a touch of color, but apply more for more impact.
One last observation: It isn't the longest lasting formula -- most glosses don't last that long anyways -- but it's easy enough to apply on the fly. But I do think it lasts a lot longer than the greasy, slicker formulas. Another fun thing: The colors are fun to play with. I added a touch of the Apricot to Blooming Balm and came up with a pretty nude. They definitely work well alone or together.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2014 5:43:00 PM More reviews by veectoria

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am in love with this lip gloss! I have Rosy Lipped and it suits my skin tone perfectly! It's a sheer wash of pinkish nude and the gloss is neither sticky or runny. The gloss doesn't last long but what gloss really does? Even after I eat it off (haha), my lips are softer than they were before I applied it. It's so fool proof, I apply it without using a mirror most times and it makes me look a lot more pulled together. A definite must buy!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2014 3:07:00 PM More reviews by Brittbritt963

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The most amazing lip gloss and moisturizing lip balm. I hated the baby lips and I like the eos a little better. I love a little tint and a lot of moisture. It's so amazing. Everyone needs this if your lips get dry so amazing.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2014 8:12:00 PM More reviews by jellybean709

I have this balm in several colors. I've had the red, the light pink (my very favorite), the brighter pink (Pink Pout, I believe), the peach, and the purple. Some of the more intense colors (purple and red) I find go on unevenly, largely because it's a gloss and not a lipstick. I wouldn't call this stuff a balm, it really is more comparable to a gloss. I find these look great and they are sheer enough for those of us who don't wear dramatic lip colors. I have been easing into colored glosses for a couple of years now, and these really are my very favorite. I do think they are priced high for such a small tube, but they really are my go-to lip colors.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2014 3:19:00 PM More reviews by felgoj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I didn't like these. My drugstore had a BOGO sale so I bought 4 colors: Rosy Lipped (nude pink), Cantaloupe Creme (peach), Apricot Pucker (coraly orange), & Just Plum Good (plums are generally my fave lip color). I didn't like any of them, with the exception of Rosy Lipped but I already have enough nudes that look like wet bare lips, don't need more. So I refunded them all the next day. The formula is too thin for my taste (I generally prefer thick or sticky glosses that last longer) & the applicator didn't hold enough product for a decent application. If I have to dip 2 or 3 times, I won't use it. The plum came out a nice rosy shade on me but the color faded into paleness too quickly, so not worth keeping. The coral orange shade was just too orange, not enough coral. And the peachy cantaloupe shade was too chalky looking. Didn't moisturize any better than glosses I already use (Maybelline Color Elixir is actually very nice, though I wish the colors were more sheer). Glad I got my money back on these, sorry I didn't like them. I like lip glosses & sheer colors, but these just didn't do it for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/10/2014 2:35:00 PM More reviews by jen5276

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wasn't impressed at all. I purchased the Rosy Lipped color...I feel it barely shows up on my lips and just looks blah. As someone else mentioned, also gets gloppy if you try to put more coats to get it to show up. It also wears off too fast, and you have to reapply constantly. Would not bother with any other colors. Smell is ok though, and packaging is cute. Overall, very disappointed though.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2014 9:51:00 PM More reviews by anonymousowl

this lipgloss moisturizes and adds a sheer colour but it can be added on to get a stronger colour by adding more gloss. It isn't sticky but it stays on for hours. It takes a couple minutesfor it to "sink" in to be a bit less sticky but it still is staying.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2014 11:23:00 AM More reviews by ShortAndProud

This is the most amazing lip gloss! For being such and anti-lipgloss person I think that these are great. Much better than the nyx butter glosses. I say that because those you really need a mirror and they are very streaky but these go right on perfectly. I only have it in just plum. It is so comfortable and this is the first time I have ever said that about a lip gloss! The pigmentation is somewhat sheer but that doesn't matter to me. Will be buying more soon!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2014 2:16:00 PM More reviews by beginingmakeupgirl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Hazel

I completely love this product. I have never tried any other Almay product so when I had a coupon for $4 off any Almay product I thought why not buy these Liquid Lip Balms. I fell in love with this product the minute I applied it to my lips. It has a nice smoothing application and the texture is not sticky, but has a little stick to it. The first color I bought happened to be Cantaloupe Creme. After purchasing this color for $5.99 and loving the color and pigmentation it left I went to Target and picked up two more shades, Blooming Balm and Apricot Pucker. First off, Cantaloupe Creme is a orange sort of coral color. In the bottle it looks very orange but when applied it is a light sheer wash of a nude. Blooming Balm is a pretty baby pink, when applied to the lips it is a sheer wash of sort of a frosty pink. Lastly Apricot Pucker is a red coral with some pink. Applied to my lips it just looks like a sheer red gloss covering my lips. Overall I really enjoy these liquid lip balms and look forward to buying the rest of the collection. Also there are 10 colors in the collection, of those 10 all are really nice Spring time colors.