April 24, 2014 | 975 users online

Lip Gloss - Almay - Liquid Lip Balm (all colors)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2014 8:24:00 AM More reviews by inthemindsofangels

Short review: These glosses are fantastic! They're affordable, feel light and moisturizing, and provide a sheer wash of color for your lips, perfect for everyday or natural looks.

They caught my eye right away at the store with their simple, yet elegant packaging. The color selection is diverse; you can find anything from a light pink to a peachy coral to a blue-tone sheer red. I applied this gloss in Blooming as soon as I brought it home, without balm or anything underneath, and it moisturized my lips and the color gave me a pretty pink without emphasizing the icky dry parts as typical with some lip colors. As I mentioned above, the color selection isn't extremely large, but diverse enough to find a few shades perfect for your preferred everyday use. Definitely worth the $4! It's a very high quality product for such a cheap price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2014 8:20:00 AM More reviews by MegE

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

These remind me of Laura Mercier Lip Glaces, but for 1/5th the price! Although the Almay feels more balmy less glossy, and the LM feels more glossy less balmy. They are both super moisturizing and have a sweet creme brule scent with no taste. Packaging is somewhat similar (one round, one square) and both have a doe foot applicator.

The current Almay shades are all very sheer, while LM has a variety of sheer to moderately pigmented shades. I picked up Rosy Lipped (nude pink/beige) and Blooming Balm (pale cool pink) in the Almay. They impart just a hint of color and glossy non-sticky shine. They feel very smooth and comfortable and don't cling to dry patches. I'm hoping that Almay will expand the color selection in the near future and introduce a few slightly more pigmented shades.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2014 3:24:00 PM More reviews by lb134060

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I can't see how anyone could NOT love these things. I bought three colors- apple a day, apricot pucker, and just plum. I can't decide which is my favorite- I love them all! They are not highly pigmented which makes it natural looking. They feel conditioning and while a bit sticky, not overly so. I want all the shades! Even shades I would not normally try, I feel like these would be fine since they are pretty sheer. Packaging is perfect

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2014 7:22:00 PM More reviews by Msumpter119161

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I actually love this products smell. The nude-y pinky shade is VERY flattering and lovely for olive shades. It doesn't last too long because it is not a very sticky gloss. It feels moisturizing and is just a joy to wear. I enjoy re-applying gloss so i overall love this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2014 10:37:00 PM More reviews by sherrybird

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Watch my review here

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2014 2:51:00 AM More reviews by Eyeshadowsaremydrug0076

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Anybody NOT love these? My gosh!! These are so excellent!! I do 90% Of my shopping at my Walmart whom only had two shades in stock, but I picked up this lip balm thinking it was s lip gloss and enjoyed the shade of 900 Apricot, when I got home I realized what it was, I was shocked because I am a huge lip balm junky!!! This has a sheer color that still adds that pop of gloss and color to your lips while being good and moisturizing for them.. I do plan to get the whole collection!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2014 11:11:00 PM More reviews by Kadyhorn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this! It is good to use for a lip moisturizer and adds a little bit of color. Not too much color, and just enough moisture!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2014 8:58:00 PM More reviews by Drawmeapainting

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I have this in two shades: Blooming and Cantaloupe. Blooming is your run-of-the-mill light-medium pink. It adds the sheerest bit of color to lips and a nice sheen. Cantaloupe is a light, creamy orange shade. The name is very fitting to the shade. It gives lips a nice coral flush and has the same qualities of Blooming.
This product is quite comfortable on the lips. It is lightweight and moisturizing. They don't accentuate lines or grab on dryness unless my lips are excessively dry and chapped. They add a little something to my every day makeup without being too full on and keeps my lips hydrated. I really do quite enjoy the formula and might purchase more after my Project 10 Pan is finished and I clear some space out of my stash.
The wear time is a little short but nothing I can't deal with. Since these products are sheer, I don't need a mirror to reapply on the go. The formula is thinner but I like that as I mush my lips together compulsively and don't like sticky glosses.
For the price I recommend you pick one up and keep in your purse, even to just apply after the day's lipstick has worn off for a little pick-me-up. Keeps your lips hydrated with a sheer application of color.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2014 7:41:00 PM More reviews by aquaprincess

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was my very first Almay product and I am very satisfied! I bought two colors: rosy lipped and just plum good. Rosy lipped is like a pink nude color while just good plum is like a berry plummy red color. I am very picky with lipglosses so I am very suprised that I like them so much. I got them at CVS for 5.99 bogo 50% off. Good price from drugstore, a lot of drugstore cosmetics are getting over priced these days. Anyways, onto the review! The Pros: light vanilla scent (Yum), sheer wash of color (buildable), not sticky at all! (is like a thick lipbalm), shiny, moisturizing, nice packaging (I like the doe foot applicator, picks up just the right amount of product and is small so it is precise. I have small lips so it works good for me :). Cons: Nothing! I am very impressed, I have never gave any other lip gloss 5 stars except the NYX butter gloss and the Revlon super lustrous lipgloss (new one in round tube). I love these and would totally repurchase! If lip gloss didn't expire, I would stock up like crazy!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2014 2:11:00 PM More reviews by Mivina

This has so much product in it! 7.1 ml!! That's two times as much as the revlon glosses! Revlon glosses are glittery and bad tasting! My favorite glosses in the world! Going to buy all of them!!