Almay Liquid Lip Balm (all colors)

4.3

on 2/15/2015 1:19:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I absolutely love these. I know a lot of people aren't super wowed by them, but I sure am. I have the colors "Rose Lipped" and "Lilac Love". The latter is a gorgeous soft pink with purple tones I like to wear by itself or over lipstick and the former is a beautiful neutral shade that I love to use over lipsticks. The formula of these is really thick, but not tacky or sticky in any way. It is also unbelievably moisturizing, comfortable, smooth, and creamy. If you have dry lips, this is the lipgloss for you. I have horribly dry lips and skin due to chronic medical conditions and whenever I wear this my lips feel so much better. This is also the gloss for you if you hate the typical gloss because it feels just like a lip balm but offers color. I love this gloss and feel that even if you aren't over the moon for it like me, there's no way you can dislike it. It's lovely and I think everyone should try it.

on 1/19/2015 6:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I only have one color (Cantaloupe Cream, which is quite subtle, but pretty) so I can't speak for the vibrancy/opacity of the other shades, but oh my goodness, I LOVE this stuff. First of all, it smells like Oreos. I love how the applicator is so small--it gives me more control in application, so much so that I don't need to use a mirror when applying. And the texture is absolutely gorgeous. I feel that it's genuinely moisturizing, but it's also very lightweight and, best of all, completely lacking in stickiness (which is the #1 reason why I steer clear of lip glosses in general). Looking forward to trying new shades when I get a good coupon/sale.

on 12/29/2014 4:48:00 PM

What a neat product! I would never have put Almay on my list of top drugstore lip product brands, but here we are!

I bought the colour Just Plum Good and wow, it's exactly what I wanted. It's not sticky, the wash of colour is beautiful and my lips feel moisturized once it fades. I honestly can't remember a lip gloss that has ever felt this good and benefited my lips in a noticeable way. I would say it definitely lives up to it's name, a lip balm but in a liquid gloss format.

However! It fades rather quickly. Now I don't care because it's such a fantastic product, but if you like lip glosses that are sticky enough to stay put for a while, this might disappoint you. I love it though, with simple polished eye make up and a dewy foundation, this gloss just makes you feel naturally beautiful. The colour is quite natural and just plummy enough, makes my skin glowy and teeth look whiter. It's effortless.

on 12/28/2014 8:43:00 PM

I received this as a gift and love it! I have the color pink rose, which looks almost fuschia like. It doesn't go on that dark or bright, but gives me great touch of color. Its very hydrating and not sticky at all. It goes on very shiny. You will need to reapply every couple hours. It doesn't stink either, I hate glosses that smell horrible. The packaging is very simple and works fine. I don't have anything bad to say about this gloss/balm.

on 11/18/2014 10:54:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Omg you guys!!! This stuff is the best. I want them all now. I hate gloss to be honest, everything dries my lips out. Even some chap sticks. So it's been hard to find something that doesn't dry my lips out but look nice. Gloss always felt gross and sticky. Makes me think cheap automatically. But this gloss is so different. I got blooming and rosy lipped. The colors look so good on me. Even my fiancé said something. My lips aren't dry, as compared to some lippies that you like initially, then they end up drying your lips out. This stuff doesn't! It's awesome. I want to get every shade. And it's less than five bucks! I may just hand them out to friends as an added gift for Christmas. Love!

on 11/15/2014 6:18:00 PM

I've long disliked lip gloss, though lately, I'm finding I like the newer, non-glittery formulas better and I thought Apple a Day was such a pretty color that I'd take the plunge. I loved it so much I went and bought another shade, Rosy Lipped. And then another ... and another. Now I have six.
I definitely love this glossy balm. It's a bit stickier than a balm and not as slick as a gloss. The texture feels nice, and stays on the lips better than some slicker formulas. There isn't really a strong scent or flavor. With a few shades, I notice a faint, almost candy-like scent, but it's subtle and fades very fast. I don't pick up any real flavor with any of these.
The colors a very pretty, but none a super strong, but for gloss, I prefer that. I feel like it's less likely to have some color wander outside of lip lines.
My favorite is Apple a Day and my pale lips get a bit of color kick, but it's still very natural looking, but if I add more it gives a pretty rosy pink color that isn't too cool or too warm. It's quickly become one of my favorites.
Second favorite is Just Plum Good, which is a deeper shade than Apple A Day, but it's still subtle. I also have Pink Pout (it looks fairly bright pink in the tube but is subtle) and Blooming Balm, which looks like a cooler, amped-up nude. Rosy Lipped is another nude shade, but warmer. And last is Apricot Pucker, which a bright, orange-y coral that's buildable -- a small swipe adds a touch of color, but apply more for more impact.
One last observation: It isn't the longest lasting formula -- most glosses don't last that long anyways -- but it's easy enough to apply on the fly. But I do think it lasts a lot longer than the greasy, slicker formulas. Another fun thing: The colors are fun to play with. I added a touch of the Apricot to Blooming Balm and came up with a pretty nude. They definitely work well alone or together.

on 11/5/2014 5:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I am in love with this lip gloss! I have Rosy Lipped and it suits my skin tone perfectly! It's a sheer wash of pinkish nude and the gloss is neither sticky or runny. The gloss doesn't last long but what gloss really does? Even after I eat it off (haha), my lips are softer than they were before I applied it. It's so fool proof, I apply it without using a mirror most times and it makes me look a lot more pulled together. A definite must buy!

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

The most amazing lip gloss and moisturizing lip balm. I hated the baby lips and I like the eos a little better. I love a little tint and a lot of moisture. It's so amazing. Everyone needs this if your lips get dry so amazing.

on 9/29/2014 8:12:00 PM

I have this balm in several colors. I've had the red, the light pink (my very favorite), the brighter pink (Pink Pout, I believe), the peach, and the purple. Some of the more intense colors (purple and red) I find go on unevenly, largely because it's a gloss and not a lipstick. I wouldn't call this stuff a balm, it really is more comparable to a gloss. I find these look great and they are sheer enough for those of us who don't wear dramatic lip colors. I have been easing into colored glosses for a couple of years now, and these really are my very favorite. I do think they are priced high for such a small tube, but they really are my go-to lip colors.

on 9/17/2014 3:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I didn't like these. My drugstore had a BOGO sale so I bought 4 colors: Rosy Lipped (nude pink), Cantaloupe Creme (peach), Apricot Pucker (coraly orange), & Just Plum Good (plums are generally my fave lip color). I didn't like any of them, with the exception of Rosy Lipped but I already have enough nudes that look like wet bare lips, don't need more. So I refunded them all the next day. The formula is too thin for my taste (I generally prefer thick or sticky glosses that last longer) & the applicator didn't hold enough product for a decent application. If I have to dip 2 or 3 times, I won't use it. The plum came out a nice rosy shade on me but the color faded into paleness too quickly, so not worth keeping. The coral orange shade was just too orange, not enough coral. And the peachy cantaloupe shade was too chalky looking. Didn't moisturize any better than glosses I already use (Maybelline Color Elixir is actually very nice, though I wish the colors were more sheer). Glad I got my money back on these, sorry I didn't like them. I like lip glosses & sheer colors, but these just didn't do it for me.

Video Reviews & Tutorials