August 21, 2014 | 1037 users online

Liquid - Lancome - Mat Miracle 24H Liquid Foundation

rated 1 of 5 on 6/29/2014 11:32:00 PM More reviews by afra

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

this is my first review cuz i feel i need to say something about this product. this is the worst foundation i ever used. its watery, dries fast, makes my pores enormous. i tried different primers, but none worked with it. i used fingers, brushes, all streaked. there is simply no way i could make it work. if i hadnt bought it from duty free at airport, i would think its fake cuz i still dont believe such a big brand has such awful product. i have never hated a makeup product so much

rated 3 of 5 on 3/15/2014 2:31:00 PM More reviews by stuipdfellow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I was dazzled by the beautiful packaging and bought this at sephora 1 month ago.

The product dries up extremely quickly on my hand and i normally need 3 pumps to finish covering my entire face. It flakes endlessly when I use it with my Loreal BaseMagique Primer. Since I have oily skin, I assume this product will be appropriate for me and give me long lasting wear. No, it didnt, there wasnt much left on my face by the time I come home at night. However, this product does give me an enviable glow for the first few hours and makes my skin look extremely silky. I dont like it though, especially for such a pricey cost.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2014 10:26:00 PM More reviews by charmainef

I have a combination-oil skin type, as with a number of fellow femmes residing in a sub-tropical humid environment. The shine factor has always been a concern for me and other liquid foundations didn't do much to solve that issue although they claimed to be mattifying. As such, I skipped liquid foundation altogether and stuck with powder-based foundations.

At the product's launch last year, I was drawn to the bold marketing promises - 24 hours of matte coverage and colours to match my skin type. I took up the promotional offer and claimed a complimentary sample at a Lancome counter close to my workplace. After testing 2 shades, the MUA advised my ideal shade (O-03).

The road-test: I brought the sample jar containing 2 - 3 pumps of foundation along to my vacation in April in Bangkok (yet another moist, humid climate!) - with a twist! It was Songkran, the country's New Year celebrations known for the week-long festivities of the nation-wide water-tossing at complete strangers as a sign of blessings showered. Would my foundation last in an equally humid weather, with heaps of water tossed at my face and body? Or, would I end up with carrot-y streaks of foundation down my clothes?

The result: the foundation made it. To be specific, the makeup faded as time went on. But, I had a dewy, not shiny complexion at the end of the day.

Truth be told, this does come at quite a pretty penny - but, it is well worth it in my opinion.

I'd say - get the sample, do a road-test (you can opt not to do such an extreme one like I did) before you consider getting it - it is, afterall, your second skin and you'd want it to feel comfortable!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/6/2014 2:24:00 AM More reviews by Peiyuppie2405

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Hey girls. For those of you who are having sensitive, acne-prone skin, don't ever apply this on your face!!! *WARNING*
I loved this foundation at first when I put it on for my customer (I'm a makeup artist). Her skin was absolutely flawless, only a bit dry and having uneven skin tone. But she was only 17 so at that point of time, no pimple or trouble showed up. What was my experience about this foundation when applied on her?
Pros:
- good texture, goes on smoothly with a flat brush. I don't recommend using finger as it leaves marks and is not even.
- it absorbs so quickly, sinks into the skin and makes her face look completely beautiful and natural. It was like "omg where's the foundation?"
- it stays put and lasts for quite sometime. When she got back from the club, her makeup was still on, still beautiful.
Well, it was so nice and beautiful enough to make me think " I want to replace my current foundation with this, because the finish is so natural". Who wants to look like a cake with full of powder on our face? Who doesn't want to look as natural as possible so no one finds out we are wearing makeup? This foundation doesn't appear oily as well.
BUT...
When I put it on my face, I saw the huge difference. Check it out my review for Clinique derma white bright c liquid foundation. I've been using it for more than 2 years and you know what, it brightened my complexion. The vitamin c makes my face looks luminous and fresh. But this Lancome foundation doesn't give me that fresh look.
Cons:
- it doesn't brighten your skin. (So Clinique foundation makes you look younger. However, that luminous look doesn't suit oily skin)
- it causes breakout. This is a huge disadvantage. Is there anyone out there want to risk her skin for a product? No, right? If you have normal skin and you are confident this won't give you any bad skin day then go ahead and good luck. It's a great foundation if you don't find any trouble with this. But if you are having sensitive, acne-prone, redness- prone, give it a miss.
However, my experience may not be the same as yours so do not afraid so much.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2013 10:40:00 AM More reviews by nana29

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have a really oily t-zone, especially on my nose. Have been searching high and low for a foundation that is oil-controlling! For me, i've tried using bb creams from faceshop, chanel's aqua vita lumiere foundation (which has very good coverage and texture! BUT a bit too heavy), but all doesn't control my oily skin well.

Well, i read about the Mat Miracle online and how it is designed for Asian skin. Decided to give it a try! Got a testing at the counter, the lady gave me like O-03 which was realllly yellow on me. Didnt buy the first time, thought it was too pricey. But after that i was always thinking about it, and went back the second time. This time i was matched to PO-03. Pink-ochre. Perfect colour!

Now, this product really works wonders. It is lightweight, a beautiful satin finish and medium coverage. When i say satin, its not oily/glowy, but a very natural tinge. Compared to other creams i used, this holds my oily-t zone well for about 4 hrs before i get a little oily. Even if my t-zone gets oily, its a minimal and natural looking shine. So, totally loving Mat Miracle! Doesn't break me out.

Plus factors: Bottle is elegant and has a pump! I was surprised it was: Made in Japan (Japan is long known for quality products)

rated 2 of 5 on 11/3/2013 8:25:00 AM More reviews by delllim

I fell in love with Lancome's Teint Idole Ultra 24h that I bought in the UK. It has amazing coverage, a luxurious texture, my skin looked hydrated and not oily, it kept me matte for a relatively decent amount of time, and looked really natural. When I moved to Singapore, I thought the Mat Miracle was similar since they don't carry the Teint Idole Ultra line here so I tried it when I finally ran out.

It felt like a watered down and didn't have the same amount of coverage. There was no miracle in keeping matte either, not for even half the time that Teint Idole Ultra 24h gave me. I have combination skin, I really hoped this would be a HG foundation for my skintype and this climate. I am a little disappointed, and will continue my search for that same quality I liked in Teint Idole.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2013 10:02:00 AM More reviews by Princesseren

I bought this last year and it did not quite worked for me... However, after moving to a humid city I rediscovered this product. It is great for combination skin and it works really well with Smashbox's primer. The product oxidizes a bit, so I would recommend buying a lighter shade (1 shade lighter). The product has great coverage (medium) and it is long-lasting.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/7/2013 9:30:00 AM More reviews by chupachupspc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

it broke me out! I was looking at something else to replace my estee lauder double wear light as it has not been very effective at controlling my oil. Attracted by the name of the product : matte miracle 24H, I had high hope for it since it's Lancome... The color selection is good and it can match asian skin quite well.. it has a silky feel that is totally different frm EL DWL but I was not too bothered by it since I was thinking of finding a better something out there. It felt good the first day using it, and I thought wow this is really 24H as it proclaimed. I felt that it can keep my skin matte for a longer time than DWL. So, I continued using it and disaster happened. The following days of use left me feeling no different than using DWL, it still get oily after like 4-6hrs.. it has lighter coverage than DWL imo, and this thing totally clogged my pores!! I had many white heads and clogged becuz of this foundation. Luckily I still have some DWL left and after switching back to it, no more clogged pores and I can totally conclude it was due to lancome. sigh.. it was pricey and it didn't suit me. Now the only way I can still expense my purchase is to blend some of it w my DWL so that I dont need to dump the whole bottle into dustbin.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/11/2013 11:59:00 AM More reviews by petitsmots

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I finally got a bottle of it after hearing the rave about lancome's liquid foundations. The reason for choosing mat miracle was because i have combination skin but my T-zone is ridiculously oily, not only so, I have very visible pores on my nose all the way to my forehead. Other than that, I do not usually have pimple or scar. The sephora girl also highly recomended me to give it a try because lancome is a very popular choice too.

I thought the coverage was pretty good when i tested it over the counter and got my perfect shade. So when I tried it the next day and just an hour after applying it with my sigma f80, my oily t zone started to grease and I could see streaks of the foundation wearing off already. That was just sad. It totally highlighted my over-secreting pores! Btw, I did set it with loose powder like i always did. though the rest of my face that wasnt oily was looks fine and satin-finished. the lines under my eye after 4 hours are starting to get visible too.

I guess, if you've really oily pores like me, this product wouldn't work the trick. Luckily, I also got lancome's Maqui blanc miracle out with me so i could touch up and it saved my day. I gave it to my mum because she has normal-dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2013 9:18:00 PM More reviews by thiebautrenata

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Finnaly. I have tried couple of foundations but some one them don't work very well on this hot and humid summer.
I have Mac studio fix (NC15) which I like, but it's heavy and the color doesn't really match my skin because I have pink undertone.
I have oily skin, few acnes. This foundation goes on smooth, leaves my skin very light and velvety. The coverage is OK, light to medium, I would say. It lasts during the day, so I don't need to reapply.
I found my HG for this super hot weather.