April 16, 2014 | 1616 users online

Palettes - Tarte - Aqualillies for Tarte Amazonian Clay Waterproof Eye And Cheek Palette

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2014 9:57:00 PM More reviews by ziebam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this palette when it came out along with the teal pot liner and coral gloss. Just love the colors. From Tarte's website, the palette includes 6 new eye shadows: hammock (chocolate brown), bikini (golden peach), barefoot (golden nude), parasol (champagne rose), sundeck (light brown). poolside (turquoise), a bronzer (park ave princess), highlighter (champagne) and blush in captivating (warm peach). Everything is excellent quality. Great summer beach palette when I look at the collection. Shadows glide on smoothly and most have excellent pigment. I found poolside and sun deck to be a little sheer but I think that's the "summery" vibe of this kit and the colors are buildable. With the exception of poolside I don't necessarily think the colors are that unique or special but they are all pretty. I wouldn't repurchase cause I don't reach for this that often and I find the large compact a bit cumbersome. But I do think the palette is gorgeous to look at and perfect for olive complexion nc30.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2014 10:20:00 AM More reviews by ninaeaster

I got this last summer and have been using it regularly ever since. I use every shade except the bronzer which is to dark for my pale skin.
Pros:
Champagne highlighter that gives a nice glow on the cheekbones
Buttery and pigmented eyeshadows in flattering colors
A coral blush that is pigmented and long lasting

Cons:
Bronzer to dark for my skin but I do not mind it.

I would repurchase if it ever ran out.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2013 1:19:00 AM More reviews by prettygirl22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I originally bought the UD NAKED matte palette and I was not impressed. I brought it back to Sephora within the same week of purchasing it. I wanted a palette that would allow me to have multiple uses for it and one that would be easy for travelling.

While browsing in Shoppers Drug Mart I saw the Tarte Aqualillies Summer Palette. I fell in LOVE with the packaging. It is so retro and eye catching and I had never tried Tarte before.

I liked the fact that six eye shadows, a blush, bronzer and highlighter were all included in a travel friendly case with a mirror.

This is probably one of my best makeup purchases! Seeings that Tarte Amazonian Clay blushes are $31 Canadian alone I thought this palette was well priced for what you got. I forget how much I paid for this palette. I think around $56 with tax, so it was affordable for what you got!

I love the highlighter but I find the blush doesn't show up on me very much and I'm very pale. When I have an event to go to I use the eye shadows and I always get complements on my eyes! There are four shimmer eye shadows and two matte ones. They are all very pigmented, so a little goes a long way. They last all day and really brighted up your eyes. I don't like blue eye shadows so the poolside one won't be used much but its still very pretty. The bronzer is a little dark for my pale skin but if I blend it in really well it looks nice.

I am so happy I purchased this palette!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/10/2013 9:50:00 AM More reviews by julinko

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stunningly beautiful palette was absolutely ...... just ok.
I had high hopes for this lovely palette and thought it would be a great opportunity to try out Tarte. I love the concealer from this line, but these colors just don't seem to work for me.
I have mature NW20 skin, blue eyes and auburn hair with blonde highlights.

Reading over the other reviews, Im going to give this another chance and will update if I can find a way for it to work for me.
The packaging is beautiful

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2013 5:39:00 PM More reviews by Scarlettrose36

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My absolute favorite! I use this everyday. The blush, highlighter, and bronzer are great. You can create so many different eye looks with the eyeshadows. I love it for traveling because it has everything I need all in one. Can create beautiful day and night looks. I got it at lest 3 months ago and using it everyday It still almost looks new.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2013 2:16:00 PM More reviews by BeautyJunkie1130

This is a great palette to invest in because it comes with almost everything you need: 6 eyeshadows, blush, bronzer, and a highlighter. the 6 shadows are amazing, the formula is excellent, they are buttery smooth, pigmented (all but 1), blendable and literally last all day long without creasing. the only one that was not as pigmented was poolside (blue shadow) but this can be used as a liner for a pop of color. the blush, bronzer and highlighter are all wonderful...the blush is a beautiful coral color that lasts all day long without budging, the bronzer is matte and is the perfect brown color that does not turn orange, and the highlight gives off a very natural glowy sheen when applied to the cheekbones, cupid's bow, and nose. Tarte claims that this palette is waterproof, I haven't tested that out yet but I don't doubt that it is. The packaging is adorable!! Reminds me of a mermaid's fin haha :) This product is limited edition so if you're interested in it, buy it now before it's too late!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2013 2:42:00 PM More reviews by jessface83

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I love this palette!!! I bought this because I thought the packaging was just so beautiful and summery! But the more I use it, the more I really enjoy it! It really is perfect for traveling and an all in one type product! All you need is mascara, lip gloss, moisturizer and your look is complete! My favorite item is the blush. I love Tarte's Amazonian Clay blushes and when I saw this shade I knew it had to be mine. I enjoy all the eyeshadows and while I agree that Poolside isn't the most pigmented....I like it like that because you can always build it up. Its a beautiful color and great for just that POP of color on your lids or lower lash line! I would reccommend this palette to anyone! But get it quick, it is Limited Edition!! For reference, my skin tone is NW35.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2013 7:33:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was somewhat on the fence about buying this palette. For starters, coral and peach blushes don't really suit me. I don't care if they're "the in shade" this season...for me, they're pretty much a "non-starter". Add to that the fact that, as an eye shadow addict and a neutrals addict at that, I probably have dupes of all the shadows AND the fact that I rarely bother with bronzer (I don't want to look tanned and contouring doesn't really work on my face) and it looked like I didn't really need this palette at all.

But, weak-willed as I am once I read rave reviews and because this palette had just become my newest "must have it before it's gone" obsession, I broke down and bought it the other day.

HOLY COWS and HORSES but this palette is fabulous. For starters, the blush, which seemed really chalky when I swatched it on my fingers/hand in-store, is terrific. The texture on my cheeks is so silky and it gives a really natural glow that doesn't look orange at all; it seems to colour adjust once applied. I only have one other Tarte blush but I am thinking that something in the formula (perhaps the Amazonian clay) just makes these blushes "glow" once applied. The eye shadows are all so pigmented it is hard to believe. I expected the light shades all to be pretty much alike (hello, UD Naked Basics) and pretty much not show up but these light shadows really pack a PUNCH. Just touch your brush lightly to the surface and you have enough product for your entire lid and the brightness these light shades impart is unbelievable (MAC Shroom, UD Sin and similar shades can't hold a candle to these). Really - talk about pigmented and long-wearing. And I'm no spring chicken but the sheen in these is still very flattering on older lids. While the aqua shade isn't the most pigmented, in some ways that can be a good thing, since a shade like this, if really pigmented, can be a bit overwhelming to some of us. And this shade is buildable. I have brown eyes and it looks so nice under my lower lashes. The bronzer...well, it is a great colour and matte and I may actually try to use it on days when I'm not wearing BB Cream or mineral powder foundation, etc. The highlighter is beautiful too.

The eye shadow colours are: HAMMOCK - matte darker (but not too dark) brown; BIKINI - peachy nude with sheen; BAREFOOT - shimmery champagne beige and absolutely beautiful and eye-opening; PARASOL - a more white-beige shimmer that is still soft and not stark; SUNDECK - a wonderful matte dark beige/dark nude shade (perfect for the transition between a darker crease colour and a browbone highlight) and POOLSIDE, a teal/aqua with sheen. And they live up to the "waterproof" claim. After my first use, I was surprised to see BAREFOOT still glowing back at my after washing my face with my usual foaming cleanser! The palette also holds a really large mirror and comes with instructions for 2 looks (I think it's 2 - I haven't looked closely yet). There is a clear cellophane cover inside printed with the names of the shades. Great value (even though the price difference here in Canada is obscene) and great products. The more I try from Tarte, the more impressed I am by this company. ****I see this palette is now SOLD OUT on-line so if you can get it, hurry to the store. Also, I am so delighted with this palette that I went to see if any of the shades are available individually and was surprised to see that TARTE has very little in powder eye shadows and all of those are in palettes and none of these shades seem to be available at all, which is a real let-down.

My sole complaint is that the names of the shadows (and other products) aren't printed on the edges of the palette or even on the under-side. They're only on the clear cello disc that covers the surface and which has to be removed to use it (and hung onto somehow if you want to have any reference for the names)

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2013 3:15:00 PM More reviews by LaurelynRuth

I'm going to be honest, I bought this product based solely on the packaging. Its absolutely beautiful as well as solid and sturdy. I bought it online and was pleasantly surprised at how big the pallete actually was. It will be good for travel, as it has almost everything you need, but its a bit too big too throw in a purse. As for the actual makeup, I'm not disappointed in the least. The blush is a sweet coral with amazing colour payoff. The highlighter is one of my favorites. The eyeshadows are luxurious to the touch and are almost all very pigmented, except for the teal colour 'poolside', which is a shame, because I was very excited to try a more daring eye look. Unfortunately the colour comes off as very translucent and takes a good deal of build up to pop. The bronzer is a bit dark for my fair skin, and is highly pigmented, so even when using a light hand when applying it can end up looking much to heavy.
Ive seen some reviews complaining about the smell of the makeup so I gave my palette a good sniff and it just smells like makeup to me. If you're looking to buy the palette though I recommend buying it from a store that has a good return policy just in case.
Now, as for the makeup being waterproof, I believe its fairly good for that. I have a pool and while I don't make a habit of diving in and doing laps with a full face of makeup on, the times i have had a bit on and decided to go for a dip it hasnt run or dulled the colour. I didn't leave it on after though, so it might have ruined the lasting integrity of the makeup and i didn't wait long enough to see.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2013 12:30:00 AM More reviews by mmherman

I love this palette! The eyeshadows are very nice and blush is sweet. You can use the bronzer and highlighter as eyeshadows or as they were intended. I think this palette is very versatile and I will personally get a lot of use out of it. I am really excited to have this palette for a trip to Florida. I think it will be all I need to bring as far as eyeshadows are concerned. It is useful for some really cute, natural summer looks. The palette includes a cheater card that gives you some ideas for looks with the palette. I have personally never used it, but the looks seemed nice.

I think this is a good option for someone who likes neutral shadows and wants something that travels. All you would need with this is your foundation, eyeliner and mascara (possibly lipstick) and you are ready to go! I highly recommend this. It suits lots of women and has a nice variety of neutral shimmers and mattes. There is a nice aqua color too, which is great for summer. The blush is a sweet coral and adds a nice punch to the palette.

The packaging design is just awesome! I wish I could get a huge makeup bag with this design on it. It is just great! Love it! :)

Hope others like this palette as much as I do! This was my first experience with Tarte eyeshadows, but I will definitely be back to buy more palettes from them in the future! :)