September 30, 2014 | 1493 users online

Conditioner - L'Oreal - EverCurl Hydracharge Cleansing Conditioner

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2014 11:30:00 AM More reviews by owensrl77

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is one of my staple hair products. I have fine, yet thick curly hair that is really dry and frizzy. This product cleanses my hair without leaving it super dry. I use this product only on my roots and it does produce a small lather. I usually use about 8-10 pumps per wash. I will let it sit on my hair while I lather up in the shower. I do use other conditioners in my hair and use this soley as a cleanser. However, you can use it alone as it leaves your hair very soft and manageable. My only con is they should make this stuff in a larger bottle as I have to replenish often.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2014 12:00:00 PM More reviews by georgia21

My scalp is dry and sensitive. My hair is dry, short, curly, and color-treated. I wash my hair twice a week. I used this conditioner together with the matching shampoo and left it on my hair for two minutes, per instructions. It didn't leave my hair as moisturized as EverCreme Intense Conditioner, nor it make my hair curl better and it felt drying on my scalp.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2014 3:37:00 AM More reviews by antolin1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

L'Oreal haircare products are always a pleasant surprise - they work amazingly considering their low price point. This conditioner is one of their best.

I have thick dry curls. Its always hard to find the right conditioner - there is always something missing from them, be they high end or low. Actually the only drugstore conditioners I had ever liked were a few from the brand Organix prior to the release of these newer L'Oreal products. While these are all really good and hydrating, the Evercurl line is outstanding.

Right off the bat you get tons of slip. A little goes a long way, which is great. Its very moisturizing and I definately feel that my curls are more defined with this product - the proof of that is the fact I don't need to add a leave in conditioner or a definition cream after using this. The ingredient list is great as well and its sulfate free which of course is another plus. Oh and let me not forget to say this smells AMAZING!!!! Yeah, all that for abt $7 bucks?!

As far as a drugstore brand conditioner that keeps its promises to curly haired people this product deserves 5 stars, if not more. In comparison to really pricey high end products marketed for curls I would say this one is better than the majority of them - for sure I like this more than any conditioners marketed for curls from Redken, Devacurl, Ouidad, or Joico.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/10/2014 10:47:00 AM More reviews by northerndownpour

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

Last year I bought the evercreme and hated it. Mostly because it gave me weird bumps on my scalp and I couldn't stand the smell. I was hoping for different results from this cleansing conditioner. Oh how wrong I was. I enjoyed the smell of this product better. I love floral scents. My hair never felt "clean" after washing it and that was okay. It was still a nice texture for up dos and my bangs never looked greasy even after a few days. This time around I didn't develop the bumps, just an insanely itchy scalp. Also, it didn't do much for my curls. The first time I used it they looked great. After that they just looked heavy. I guess it's on to the next.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/18/2013 3:46:00 PM More reviews by JAMUA

I have used the EverCreme in the past (successfully), so I thought I'd give this a try for a change of pace.

The smell of it was gross, and lingered after the blow dry. If I had had time, I would have jumped back in the shower and re-shampooed. But I had to live with a smelly head of hair all night.

This bottle went right in the trash the next day.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2013 7:00:00 PM More reviews by annieannee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have naturally italian kinky curly hair that I blow out pretty often. I'm 34 years old and my hair started thinning this year. This cleansing conditioner leaves my hair super clean but soft and conditioned without weighing it down. I really think it is an excellent cleanser for curly or straight hair. The only negative thing I can say, which will not stop me from purchasing, is about the packaging. 1. I always have to purchase two bottles at a time because it only comes in one small size. Having said that, you don't need to purchase shampoo and conditioner since this product does both. Just lather into your scalp then comb through to the ends and let sit anywhere from 2-5 min and your hair is cleansed and conditioned. 2. Eight out of ten bottles I purchased had pumps that didnt work. Other than packaging which isn't a big deal at all I love, love, love this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/7/2013 12:16:00 PM More reviews by Sandylynwalker

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this because I have really dry (it suffered a rough bleaching/dying at the hands of my old hairdresser...), wavy hair, and this looked like it would be gentler than shampoo and really hydrating like conditioner, and good for enhancing my natural waves. For a few weeks it seemed to be an ok product, I didn't see any drastic change, my hair was still dry and brittle and became lifeless, which I blamed on a new hair oil at the time. But then I forgot it somewhere, so I used my old favorite (L'Oreal EverCreme Intense Nourishing Shampoo/Conditioner) and saw a HUGE difference! This product had continued to dry out my hair, didn't enhance my waves at all, and was leaving heavy residues on my hair! One use of my old stuff had my hair feeling softer, healthier, shinier, and lighter. Overall I don't recommend. Drying, leaves heavy residues, doesn't enhance natural texture, you ahve to pump it 8-10 times (like it says on the bottle, which is ridiculous already) to get enough product out, just not a good product.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/21/2013 1:26:00 PM More reviews by Rosse3685

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wanted to really love this product. I bought it because I'm going all natural with my hair- doing a lot of oiling, less washing, no harsh sulfates or silicones, and no heat. All of this because i am trying to grow out my hair. My hair is thin and on the more damaged and dry side. I bought this in the hopes that it would enhance my natural waves and be moisturizing, but I unfortunately had no such luck. I followed the instructions on the bottle (8 pumps a wash) and I ended up with limp, lifeless hair and no curls either! It also looked kind of stringy, kind of the way it looks when it's not very clean. I love a lot of L'Oreal's hair line, but not this one. The intense nourishing line and the Everstrong line is amazing!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2013 2:20:00 PM More reviews by plumper

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have very thin post-menopausal hair and will be on low dose chemo meds for life and have been looking for a kind shampoo for my hair. After scouring QVC, Sephora, Ulta etc. and most of the high end salons this is what I am down to and I love it. The trick is to wash your hair with plenty of it and leave it on for a minute or two, rub through again and then rinse thoroughly. It takes about 4-5 washes before you notice a difference and after that you may never buy anything else. I would suggest that after a month or so of build up that you shampoo with Nizoral and leave that on scalp for about 5 minutes to slough off any pore blockage. My hair is slowly starting to grow and improve and some of the sparse patches are filling in.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2013 1:20:00 PM More reviews by knganderson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff! It's very gently cleansing and conditioning--I don't use it if my hair is particularly dirty or I have a ton of styling products in it, but if you want something gentle and not stripping for days when you just want your hair to feel clean and moisturized this is excellent. I do still use a separate conditioner just on the tips of my hair.