July 28, 2014 | 2056 users online

Conditioner - L'Oreal - EverCurl Hydracharge Cleansing Conditioner

rated 1 of 5 on 1/10/2014 10:47:00 AM More reviews by northerndownpour

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

Last year I bought the evercreme and hated it. Mostly because it gave me weird bumps on my scalp and I couldn't stand the smell. I was hoping for different results from this cleansing conditioner. Oh how wrong I was. I enjoyed the smell of this product better. I love floral scents. My hair never felt "clean" after washing it and that was okay. It was still a nice texture for up dos and my bangs never looked greasy even after a few days. This time around I didn't develop the bumps, just an insanely itchy scalp. Also, it didn't do much for my curls. The first time I used it they looked great. After that they just looked heavy. I guess it's on to the next.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/18/2013 3:46:00 PM More reviews by JAMUA

I have used the EverCreme in the past (successfully), so I thought I'd give this a try for a change of pace.

The smell of it was gross, and lingered after the blow dry. If I had had time, I would have jumped back in the shower and re-shampooed. But I had to live with a smelly head of hair all night.

This bottle went right in the trash the next day.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2013 7:00:00 PM More reviews by annieannee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have naturally italian kinky curly hair that I blow out pretty often. I'm 34 years old and my hair started thinning this year. This cleansing conditioner leaves my hair super clean but soft and conditioned without weighing it down. I really think it is an excellent cleanser for curly or straight hair. The only negative thing I can say, which will not stop me from purchasing, is about the packaging. 1. I always have to purchase two bottles at a time because it only comes in one small size. Having said that, you don't need to purchase shampoo and conditioner since this product does both. Just lather into your scalp then comb through to the ends and let sit anywhere from 2-5 min and your hair is cleansed and conditioned. 2. Eight out of ten bottles I purchased had pumps that didnt work. Other than packaging which isn't a big deal at all I love, love, love this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/7/2013 12:16:00 PM More reviews by Sandylynwalker

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this because I have really dry (it suffered a rough bleaching/dying at the hands of my old hairdresser...), wavy hair, and this looked like it would be gentler than shampoo and really hydrating like conditioner, and good for enhancing my natural waves. For a few weeks it seemed to be an ok product, I didn't see any drastic change, my hair was still dry and brittle and became lifeless, which I blamed on a new hair oil at the time. But then I forgot it somewhere, so I used my old favorite (L'Oreal EverCreme Intense Nourishing Shampoo/Conditioner) and saw a HUGE difference! This product had continued to dry out my hair, didn't enhance my waves at all, and was leaving heavy residues on my hair! One use of my old stuff had my hair feeling softer, healthier, shinier, and lighter. Overall I don't recommend. Drying, leaves heavy residues, doesn't enhance natural texture, you ahve to pump it 8-10 times (like it says on the bottle, which is ridiculous already) to get enough product out, just not a good product.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/21/2013 1:26:00 PM More reviews by Rosse3685

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wanted to really love this product. I bought it because I'm going all natural with my hair- doing a lot of oiling, less washing, no harsh sulfates or silicones, and no heat. All of this because i am trying to grow out my hair. My hair is thin and on the more damaged and dry side. I bought this in the hopes that it would enhance my natural waves and be moisturizing, but I unfortunately had no such luck. I followed the instructions on the bottle (8 pumps a wash) and I ended up with limp, lifeless hair and no curls either! It also looked kind of stringy, kind of the way it looks when it's not very clean. I love a lot of L'Oreal's hair line, but not this one. The intense nourishing line and the Everstrong line is amazing!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2013 2:20:00 PM More reviews by plumper

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have very thin post-menopausal hair and will be on low dose chemo meds for life and have been looking for a kind shampoo for my hair. After scouring QVC, Sephora, Ulta etc. and most of the high end salons this is what I am down to and I love it. The trick is to wash your hair with plenty of it and leave it on for a minute or two, rub through again and then rinse thoroughly. It takes about 4-5 washes before you notice a difference and after that you may never buy anything else. I would suggest that after a month or so of build up that you shampoo with Nizoral and leave that on scalp for about 5 minutes to slough off any pore blockage. My hair is slowly starting to grow and improve and some of the sparse patches are filling in.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2013 1:20:00 PM More reviews by knganderson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff! It's very gently cleansing and conditioning--I don't use it if my hair is particularly dirty or I have a ton of styling products in it, but if you want something gentle and not stripping for days when you just want your hair to feel clean and moisturized this is excellent. I do still use a separate conditioner just on the tips of my hair.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/19/2013 9:53:00 PM More reviews by koinie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Grey

I wanted to really like this conditioner, but I couldn't. My scalp has been more oily than usual this year and this stuff didn't help my hair out at all. The first day went pretty well, but my hair was pretty clean. Second time I used it my hair was a bit more oily and this didn't help. I felt residue in my hair when my hair dried.

What I also didn't like about this was the smell. It's a really strong smell and I find it a bit unpleasant to me. If this product worked better I would just suck it up, but I really hate this smell.

The price is pretty cheap even though you'll go through it like crazy since the bottle is kind of small. It also didn't strip out my purple in my hair so that was a nice plus too. As for the curl part? I didn't notice any different in my curls using this product. I was so hopeful too.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2013 9:01:00 PM More reviews by jhoff0

I love this cleansing conditioner! My hair feels so healthy and it is sulphate/silicone free which is great. I have used another cleansing conditioner that costs twice as much and I really do think l'oreal works just as well. I have used it with the leave in conditioner and my waves look great and frizz free even in the heat and humidity of summer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2013 4:56:00 PM More reviews by jenn8779

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have used the EverCreme cleansing conditioner in the past and liked its effect on my hair but the scent was really, really strong....a kinda of overly sweet, musky vanilla. That was fine in the Winter but not something I wanted for the warmer weather. I have naturally curly hair so I was excited to see the EverCurl line come out. I've also been trying to stay away from sulfates and alcohols since my hair is also long and I didn't to dry it out. The less damage the better! The EverCurl line has a scent that I can only describe as "beachy-fresh". Something in the scent reminds me of being on the beach near the ocean but its not a overly tropical, suntan lotion scent, if that makes sense. The product itself is very similar in feel, application and results to their EverCreme verson. I also work it into my hair in sections, really massage it into the scalp and then down the length of my hair and then use a wide tooth comb to comb it through. They say to leave it on for 1-2 minutes but I usually leave it on a bit longer. My hair is not only very long and very curly but its fine in texture even though I have a lot of it. This product, like the EverCreme, cleaned my hair and scalp without weighing it down and it definitely feels clean, soft and healthy after using it. My only real issue with this product and the EverCreme is the packaging. They should make larger bottles and they really need to work on the pump as it just doesn't give out enough product. Other than that, its great. One thing to pass along that I've noticed since switching to sulfate free- I used to get an itchy, irritated spot right on the top of my head that would give off a little dandruff. This has cleared up completely since I switched. My hairstylist also told me last visit that my ends are the healthiest she's seen them....and I tend to not get trims as regularly as I should. LOL

Edit- the pump on this product and its "sister" EverCreme are just awful and I had to take points off for that as its been driving me crazy lately...sigh

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No