Clinique Stay Matte

3.3

on 7/2/2015 10:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I bought this foundation when I was going through my oily skin phase. This foundation really does keep you matte! However the downside is that it emphasizes little dry patches like nobody's business. I understand it's formulated for oily skin but I never expected it to completely dry out and bring out those little dry patches. Other than that it's ideal for the summer and is not too expensive for a department store brand.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

So this one the lightest shade is just a bit too dark. And it doesn't stay matte on me even with powder and setting spray. Coverage is a solid medium to full. But it doesn't really set. I feel "meh" about this one. I'm giving it to a friend.

on 2/24/2015 1:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I put a "yes" for repurchasing since this isn't a bad product. However since I have a ~holy grail~ foundation (Rimmel Stay Matte liquid mousse) I can't see myself ever having to switch again.

Background on my skin: NC10 (very pale, neutral leaning yellow), very oily, acne prone, rosacea.

If you like this foundation, you should check out the cheaper dupe - Loreal Pro Matte Infallible. I honestly notice no difference between the two.

I bought the palest shade Linen. It's a mustard yellow, probably best suited for someone Asian in between NC15-NC20. This foundation isn't full coverage. I'd describe it as somewhere between light/medium coverage. It looks pretty natural but I'd prefer a more matte finish. The oil absorbing properties worked for about 4 hours. That's not good enough for me.

on 12/18/2014 3:57:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Love this product because you only need a tiny bit for full coverage. Helps with my oily skin a lot, I NEVER blot. I've had the same bottle for a full year now, really helps if you DON'T apply with your hands. Just makes the skin more oily. I live by this product!!!

on 9/23/2014 1:09:00 AM

This foundation is my absolute HG!
I have spent years after years searching for a foundation that will not leave my face looking like an oil slick by the end of the day. I grew tired of getting home and looking in the mirror and realising I had spent most of the day looking like an oil painting not dried. It was becoming super annoying as well as endless purchases of oil blotting papers. A friend recommended this to me and I have not looked back.
This foundation lasts all day! It's creamy and easy to apply, and does not leave skin feeling clogged. I never have to use oil blotting papers again after switching to this foundation. It's a bit more on the pricey side so I buy this product online as I do most of my makeup and can usually buy it for $15 dollars less than retail. I have tried many foundations in the oily skin range from MAC, Clarins, Covergirl, Maybelline, Shiseido and the list goes on. Nothing compares to this one.
Matched with the Clinique Stay Matte powder, it's an absolute winner!

on 3/13/2014 11:58:00 AM

Could have been my fav foundation had it come in my shade. Maybe in the US they have like 20 shades or something but here in Sg, they hardly stock more than 6 shades. I got a sample in 09 which was too dark. But i really really loved the consistency, the matte-ness, the staying power, the comfort factor so i pushed myself to buy it in one shade lighter 07. Which was again too dark for me. 06 too pink. Such a pity. If u can get the right match and u have oily/combination skin do get it! One of the better matte foundations out there.

on 2/5/2014 1:22:00 PM

Seemed quite heavy on my face. Did last all day though. I have combination skin & coverage was nice. Skin looked dull on a few days whilst wearing it though. Not sure I would re purchase

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

First off the price for this stuff is not bad at all I think it's like 27$ Or something like that, however this is the makeup I wear to work and during the week i use it with the beauty blender it goes on smooth I do have oily skin so this makeup is good for me but it doesn't last all day it probably lasts about 6 hours

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I was skeptical to try this product because it is $23.00. I am in the color 14 vanilla. This foundation kept me matte for about 12 hours, which for me is amazing!!! To give you an idea of how oily I am, revlon colorstay for oily skin doesn't keep me matte for more than 4 hours. I was really skeptical but now this is one of my holy grail foundations. I would definitely repurchase this. I like this because even though it is matte I still look natural. I am in love with this foundation!!

on 10/31/2013 4:54:00 PM

It does give my skin a matte look and thats what i like about this product. However i would like to try a different foundation since this dries out my skin SO bad. After using this, my cheeks are rough and dry. I have blackheads on nose so when i put this on, it flakes off after a while, making my nose look patchy and uneven skin tone.