September 1, 2014 | 1161 users online

Foundations - Clinique - Stay Matte

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2014 11:58:00 AM More reviews by ashmaaa

Could have been my fav foundation had it come in my shade. Maybe in the US they have like 20 shades or something but here in Sg, they hardly stock more than 6 shades. I got a sample in 09 which was too dark. But i really really loved the consistency, the matte-ness, the staying power, the comfort factor so i pushed myself to buy it in one shade lighter 07. Which was again too dark for me. 06 too pink. Such a pity. If u can get the right match and u have oily/combination skin do get it! One of the better matte foundations out there.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/5/2014 1:22:00 PM More reviews by galinda

Seemed quite heavy on my face. Did last all day though. I have combination skin & coverage was nice. Skin looked dull on a few days whilst wearing it though. Not sure I would re purchase

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2014 5:56:00 PM More reviews by Drinabambina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

First off the price for this stuff is not bad at all I think it's like 27$ Or something like that, however this is the makeup I wear to work and during the week i use it with the beauty blender it goes on smooth I do have oily skin so this makeup is good for me but it doesn't last all day it probably lasts about 6 hours

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2013 7:06:00 PM More reviews by xobeautylover1995

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was skeptical to try this product because it is $23.00. I am in the color 14 vanilla. This foundation kept me matte for about 12 hours, which for me is amazing!!! To give you an idea of how oily I am, revlon colorstay for oily skin doesn't keep me matte for more than 4 hours. I was really skeptical but now this is one of my holy grail foundations. I would definitely repurchase this. I like this because even though it is matte I still look natural. I am in love with this foundation!!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/31/2013 4:54:00 PM More reviews by AmyN24

It does give my skin a matte look and thats what i like about this product. However i would like to try a different foundation since this dries out my skin SO bad. After using this, my cheeks are rough and dry. I have blackheads on nose so when i put this on, it flakes off after a while, making my nose look patchy and uneven skin tone.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/20/2013 8:04:00 PM More reviews by jowqi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This foundation would be good for someone with combination skin or slightly oily skin. I tried this in hopes of it keeping my fairly oily skin matte. For reference, T-zone is pretty oily, especially my nose, and I usually have to blot about 3-4 times a day so it doesn't look too shiny.

I tried out this foundation and it looked fabulous for about 3 hours. My skin is about an NC20-25 depending on the time of the year and I tried this in the lightest shade, 01. It was a little too light for me but it was doable. It has about medium coverage with one layer of application without looking cakey which was great. Once I put it on I looked beautifully matte everywhere and I didn't have to do any touch ups within those few hours. However, my skin gets pretty oily it eats through most foundations, including this one. By another 2 hours my face looked terrible. The foundation totally disintegrated on my oily areas and it was patchy looking. What made it even worse was that while the bulk of the foundation had disappeared it left a powdery residue all over my face as what often happens to me with mattifying products that don't hold up. It looked as if I'd rubbed my face into a towel with this foundation on and that was all that was left. Staying power is extremely important to me and the result of only about 3-4 hours of tolerable wear is what really turned me off about this foundation.

I tried this with the intention of it working with my oily skin, since matte foundations are usually what you want when you're oily. This would probably work great with someone with only slightly oily or normal skin, but it would definitely be too drying for anyone with dry skin or patches. So anyone with skin that is either extreme, be it oily or dry, I'd look for a different foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/16/2013 12:50:00 AM More reviews by estellanutella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Rather drying -- which might be expected from a product made for oily skin but still, not a good thing, especially since it did literally NOTHING to control my oily skin. Had a very noticeable slick within 2 hours. Maybe it was so oily because it was so drying as I didn't use a primer but I never use a primer w/ powder foundation and don't have this problem. I gave it only 2 lippies because its result was so damn far from its selling point -- stay matte!!! good thing I got a sample!

Purchases successful at making my face stay matte: MUFE mat velvet (40), Tarte bb primer spf 30 in light (a lil light for me but IT WORKS so i deal).

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No