August 20, 2014 | 2020 users online

Lip Gloss - Jane Iredale - PureGloss - New formula

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2014 11:17:00 PM More reviews by hippodeem

this is for the new formula, soft peach and the tangerine are the nicest colors in my opinion. the new gloss doesnt taste the same or smell the same as the old formula. new formula is more berry, the old one is minty. i didnt like the minty so i am happy with the change. the lipgloss is not sticky when new, but when it is old, it gets sticky. still, very good natural ingredients. i am happy with. i wish it was cheaper to buy.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2013 7:02:00 PM More reviews by CarlaN

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this, in the shade Red Currant, in spring/summer 2013, so I *guess* I have the "new formula."

I find this to be a rather good gloss. It does have a fairly strong strawberry scent, but I actually find that pleasant. PureGloss is not a "goopy," thin, oily gloss, but it is still nicely emollient, and lasts well. It is not highly pigmented, so if you want a wear-alone gloss, this probably will not suit you. I like to wear Red Currant over red lipstick, to add a bit of moisture, shine, and [minimal] shimmer, without altering the lipstick's color.

I'm not a particular fan of the soft plastic tube or the very long, easily bendable doe-foot applicator, but I can deal with them.

PureGloss retails for $24, but I got mine on EBay for considerably less.

PureGloss is not a spectacular product, but it's a good gloss, from a cruelty-free company.

I'd buy it again, in Red Currant, or in one of the other many shades offered.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/8/2013 11:14:00 AM More reviews by facegal

The old formula of Jane Iredale PureGloss was my favorite lip gloss. Why oh why do companies reformulate when they have a winning product?!
The new PureGloss has a sickening sweet berry scent/flavor in place of the unobtrusive minty, tingly, coolness of the old gloss. The new gloss doesn't feel like it penetrates or moisturizes the lips, but rather feels as though it sits on top of the lips. The old gloss felt so moisturizing and soothing that I really looked forward to putting it on. The wand of the new gloss is much longer, therefore putting your hand a few inches further from your lips, which makes for a less-precise, harder to control application. The old tube was made of a pliable material which made it easy to squeeze, while the new tube is more rigid. The color I purchased is Beach Plum, which is lighter and more frosty than I expected. I don't care for anything about this new version of PureGloss and wish they hadn't changed a thing!