August 23, 2014 | 1778 users online

Cleansers - Garnier - Radiance Renewer Cleansing Gelee

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2014 3:36:00 PM More reviews by mandagangsta20

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

OMYGOSH!! I LOVE THIS STUFF! So, I got this back in March at my drugstore on sale for THREE BUCKS!! So I grabbed two and started using it immediately. And let me tell you, I broke out so bad!! Like deep- seated pimples all over my cheeks!! But I told myself, "Stay calm. Remember, when you start a new skincare product (if it does its job), your skin WILL purge." So I cleansed and waited again and again. By the way, this was my worst breakout I have ever had AND it took forever to heal, two weeks forever! So after it cleared up, I took a good, long look at my skin and I noticed my skin was GLOWING!! My skin looked so healthy, even-toned, and my acne scars have even faded a little !! So the product itself has an amazing citrus scent, not overpowering, and the scent doesn't stay on your skin. It's super thick, so you don't need a lot, thus making this last longer! Your skin feels super clean and smooth after you use it and it doesn't burn my eyes! As for taking off my makeup, I think it does a good job if you're not wearing waterproof makeup. So this will probably last me till Christmas. Ummm...what else can I say....oh! This is great for oily or problematic skin types as it doesn't dry your skin out much! Hope this was helpful!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2014 8:47:00 PM More reviews by Bellefemmedefrance

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am about rebuy this product. When I find a good cleanser, I tend to be loyal. It is textured, unscented with a consistency I find pleasing on my skin. I have sensitive skin but I find that this product hits the sweet spot between cleansing my skin without drying or irritating it--quite hard to find. I feel like the texture of my skin has actually improved since I started using this product. I am going to buy my second bottle of it tonight.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2014 7:30:00 AM More reviews by nolabarbee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I picked up this cleanser randomly and Im glad I did. It's very refreshing, clean and gets off all my makeup with one wash. I have combination skin and it seems to be leaving my skin nice, not too dry but just right. I always have a glow right after. Very happy

rated 2 of 5 on 6/30/2014 9:21:00 PM More reviews by shellie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was very pleased with this product. It removed all makeup without leaving residue that breaks me out, wasn't drying, and did indeed appear to brighten up my skin. The brightening part is what got me interested. I have uneven skin tone due to sun exposure and birth control.

So I'm 3/4 of the way through the jar when I'm out at the pool (wearing spf 25) and my husband says to me, "oh wow why is your face so splotchy?" I know I have some light melasma, but nothing remarkable. So I went and looked in the mirror in the bathroom and sure enough, the brown mask was out in full force. I decided enough pool for the day and went in.

Now, I have been noticing my skin had been a bit uneven lately, but I figured it was just a phase. But this was too much. Why was my skin significantly different?

I thought about what I was using, and although I do use chemical exfoliants (BHA and AHA) I also use a well formulated sunscreen and things had been improving. Now they were getting worse. Why? The only new thing was this cleanser, so I quit it and went to a super calming oil cleansing method. I saw improvement in days. I can only guess that the citrus "extracts" in this cleanser must have somehow remained on the skin and increased photosensitivity. I've heard of that happening, and I know that Paula Begoun frequently cites them as a potentially dangerous ingredient. I figured it was no big deal because I wash it off, right? Maybe I was wrong.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2014 11:06:00 PM More reviews by sofaloaf

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I've tried a dozen different cleansers, and this one is my favorite by far. (cleansers I've tried include Cetaphil, Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Cleanser, Clinique Rinse Off Wash, Olay Foaming Face Wash, Lancome Creme Radiance, Clinique Liquid Facial Soap, Aveeno Clear complexion, and Biore Blemish Fighting Ice Cleanser)

The main thing I look for in a cleanser is the overall cleanliness of my face, I use it to take off my makeup. I "loosen" my makeup with warm water, lather the cleanser into a microfiber washcloth, rub it into my skin, let it sit, then rinse off. After that, I'll take off any residual makeup or dirt with grapeseed oil, and a ACV toner. A cleanser that actually gets my face clean is very important, I need one that can get off the maximum amount of my makeup and mascara. I only have to use a little of this cleanser, and it takes off far more of my makeup, making my skincare process shorter and more efficient.

It leaves my skin feeling very soft, and it really does feel radiant somehow. Unlike other cleansers, my skin doesn't feel tight afterwards, but feels firmer.
While washing, my eyes don't sting or burn, and it may be fragranced, but it is a really addictive, fresh, almost apply-citrusy Garnier smell that I love.
It is a clear, and yes, cushiony gel, and the pump dispenses the perfect amount. It feels like a very luxurious cleanser! In addition, it's pretty darn cheap, and you get a ton of it! Cleansers usually only last me a little over a month. But I'm only halfway through this bottle, and I've been using it for 3 months!

Overall, I'm very impressed and it's an HG for me! I highly recommend this product!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2014 9:18:00 PM More reviews by B3AUTyxEX0TiC

The only reason I bought this was because it was on sale at Target and I can see why it was in the clearance section. The pump was broken and stuck so I had to manually open it every time. While I do like the idea of trying gel (as I've never used a gel makeup remover), I had to take a whole bunch each time because less was not sufficient, and I don't even wear a lot of makeup! It feels like while lathering, but it doesn't take everything off, or even most of it. I have to cleanse my face a second time in the shower (with another cleanser) every night to make sure I get all the dirt off.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2014 9:32:00 PM More reviews by crystal105

I really like this cleanser. I think it's basically the same as the detoxifying gel cleanser they used to make, but I really liked that too! I have combo/congested skin, that is somewhat sensitive to products. This does not irritate my skin at all. I think it has helped with my skin congestion, but it has not improved it dramatically. This is a good cleanser for combo skin because it helps control my oily areas and has helped my dry areas as well. This removes makeup well, but I don't use it around my eyes. I LOVE the smell, and I love the feel of the cleanser. You don't need a lot to get a nice non-drying foamy lather. The lather itself feels soft, so it's very pampering to use. This is a good, basic cleanser, and I have noticed an improvement in my skin since I began using it about 3 months ago.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2014 10:46:00 PM More reviews by ohwrite

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great smell, cleans well. Does not leave a film or feel too dry. I can only find this on amazon.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/7/2014 1:04:00 PM More reviews by mdriggers09

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Not a bad cleanser, does an okay job of removing makeup and rinses clean off of my clarisonic BUT it broke me out horribly... still searching for my HG cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2014 8:29:00 PM More reviews by Kathy11

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This cleanser actually does what it says it will do!

The texture is something I've never seen before. It starts off as a gel but then turns to a foam. The scent is fresh, clean and beautiful. It removed all of my makeup without drying my skin which is hard to find. Usually if a cleanser removes makeup, it makes my skin tight and dry or if it is gentle, it doesn't clean my skin.

The radiance claims are also true. This cleanser removes my minor dry skin flakes which makes my skin look glowy and healthier.

I'm so glad I gave it a try!