Chanel Les Beiges - Healthy Glow Sheer Powder

3.5

Octinoxate (7), Titanium Dioxide (8); Inactive Ingredients: Talc, Nylon-12, Boron Nitride, Polyethylene, Silica, Stearic Acid, Aluminum Dimyristate, Alumina, Potassium Sorbate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Fragrance, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Chlorphenesin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Magnesium Myristate, Tin Oxide, Gossypium Arboreum (Cotton) Leaf Cell Extract, Rosa Alba Leaf Cell Extract, BHT, Citric Acid. May Contain: Ultramarines, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, Mica.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I feel the Les Beiges powder has been so underrated. And I guess one of the reasons is that reviews depend on how this product is being used. I love, love, LOVE this product, but I don't use it as an all-over-the face powder. I don't think I would have liked it much for that use either. I am NC25-30 in MAC, and I bought this in the No 40, which is ever so slightly darker than my normal skin tone. I gently apply this around the cheek, the jawline, a bit on the forehead (well, generally on those areas you would contour dark if you were contouring). I tend to use a very minimal amount, though you don't have to worry about overdoing it either, as this powder is so sheer. And that is what I really like about it. It is subtle, yet it does make a difference. In this sense, it can almost be used as a bronzer, without looking overdone or unnatural, as I have found many bronzers tend to do.

Without any hesitation, a 5 lippie for me!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

For reference, I have the shade N20 and am a NC15-20 for MAC. I like this product if I need to warm up my skin, as it makes foundation look more natural. It's not quite a bronzer, but not a generic face powder either. I use it in the summer when I have a tan, but it's not the best powder for mattifying. It looks very natural, and provides a kind of air-brushed/soft focus look to the skin (over foundation), though it doesn't provide any coverage. The powder itself is very soft and fine, I think even more than the Chanel poudre universelle, because it contains shea butter. The packaging is exquisite and the scent is uplifting.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

UGH these are SO beautiful!! I already bought these in two colors 10 and 20. I'm NC25 and use the 10 to set my under-eyes and the 20 to add more naturalness and depth around the face after foundation. These also give a very natural appearance when you want a "no makeup" look. I am rather new to Chanel makeup, but am completely addicted now. So glad to have discovered these, they are literally angel-skin perfect. I always see those automatic refill things on HE beauty websites and wonder how anyone could...this is on the level-- I will repurchase forever!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I've started using this as a finishing powder on top of liquid foundation, and I'm actually quite fond of it. I use the lightest shade, 10, which has pink undertones. I actually have fairly yellow undertones to my skin, but somehow this foundation kind of counteracts the heavy yellow undertones in my foundation and just neutralizes the color for a nice overall effect.

I prefer the look of this powder to other pressed and loose powders I've tried because I've found that it mattifies makeup without looking powdery, and I don't have to repowder as often as I have in the past. It doesn't quite set foundation like MUFE or Laura Mercier's finishing loose powders do, so I have to be careful touching or wiping my face, but it doesn't settle in my pores or fine lines. I hate the brush that comes with it and I use a really fluffy powder brush instead. It is heavily perfumed, and while I don't mind the scent, I could see it being very off-putting for some.

I use it after my NARS pure radiant tinted moisturiser. It is so difficult to get the product. Only flat kabuki brush works. Neither fluffy powder brush nor round kabuki brush could get any product off. It can cover the shine and leave a healthy glow on skin. However, there's hardly any coverage of it. There's perfume in it but it doesn't last long. The packaging is good, very nice-looking and compact. The idea of having a brush inside in good, however the bush is just so bad quality. There are loads of better compact powders on the market. I won't repurchase this.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I know people are a bit disappointed with the coverage, but I bought it without expecting any so was not let down in this regard. This is expensive for a powder, but I knew what I was getting into shopping at Chanel so there shouldn't be any surprises. My foundation shade is slightly too pale for me and a little too neutral so I use this as a setting/finishing powder in a shade slightly darker and it brings warmth back to my skin. It is quite sheer so would be fairly useless if you are looking for a powder foundation. I find that this does barely anything for oil control, but my foundation still lasts longer with this compared to without. If you are very oily this won't help unless you use another powder as well. What I really like about this powder is the finish. The finish is difficult for me to describe... Soft? It also covers over pores nicely, but mine aren't too severe. Although, sometimes I do use another more oil-absorbing powder just on my T-zone just because I can get so oily there! This is a splurge purchase for sure, but I haven't found another powder with as nice as a finish... as of yet. I also love the beige packaging, which is a nice change from standard Chanel black. I think I would buy again, but I would also be attempted to switch it up and try a different Chanel powder. If I had one thing to complain about is that the powder doesn't feel soft, silky and extremely fine like the poudre universelle compacte, which I haven't tried on the face, but have swatched before and was impressed by the texture. If you want a luxury purchase that comes with it all, maybe would be wise to choose a that instead of this. I do love this though and feel a little bit of excitement whenever I use it... Which is every day :)

It was a bit "too" light for the moderate coverage I was looking for. Was also very disappointed in how hard this powder became when it was only about 1/2 finished. At a certain point I had to pretty much start "grinding" it loose to get any on the brush. Doesn't do half as good a job as similar products half the price. Ended up just throwing it away.

Colour is OK however it lasts very little on your face, after 3-4 hours is all patchy. But worst of all is that perfume, it really stinks. I wouldn't repurchase and I don't even think I will finish it...shame...

I really like this powder - even the little brush works well for me. The texture is beautiful and fine. Eyeshadow slides on great over the top of this too. Great that it's got some spf too. The color works well with my skin tone - I started with a number 25 but changed it for a number 20. The only thing I dislike about this is that it has nano particles. I will keep using it till finished but unlikely to repurchase for this reason alone.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I really like this powder I chose the shade 30 instead of 40 because i wanted to use it as a all over powder, I recommend if you are shade 4.5-4.7 in Bobbi Brown or Nc40-Nc42ish get it in 30 for a all over shade and 40 if you want to use it as a bronzer or contour powder. its a good product. doesn't cake and has a slight non offensive perfume smell hasn't broken me out I heard that it has a tendency to crack so handle with care.