September 30, 2014 | 1703 users online

Powder - Chanel - Les Beiges - Healthy Glow Sheer Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2014 7:31:00 AM More reviews by buytoomuchmakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this powder to set my Vitalumiere Aqua foundation since that was what the lady at the counter advised me to do and for that purpose it works extremely well. My Vitalumiere lasts for up to 8 hours looking like freshly applied when set with this powder.
However I (obviously) don't always wear one of my Chanel foundations, when I try to set another foundation with this powder it feels like it takes away some of the coverage. I don't know if that's just me or if the powder just does that.
However this works beautifully with any Chanel foundation, not so well with a not-chanel foundation. I'd still repurchase cause it makes my skin look so glowy and healthy.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2014 9:25:00 PM More reviews by pink_jasmine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This review is for shade No. 70 which I have been using as a contour. My foundation shade is Chanel Beige 40. I have an even mix of cool and warm undertones so you can say that my skin is truly neutral. I have had trouble find a good contour product that is not too shimmery, too orange or too pink. This suits my skin perfectly. I use it to contour my cheekbones, chin, forehead and nose. The texture of the powder is really soft and blendable. I prefer to use the Chanel #7 stippling brush to apply it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2014 1:49:00 AM More reviews by Nurhidayah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Bought this mainly because of the packaging. It would look good in my purse and when I whip this out for touch ups ;)

PRODUCT: This powder smells divine it has a slight floral sweet smell to it and I feel fancy when I apply this product. Does not keep my shine away. Mainly use this for touch ups. Adds a bit of coverage if you want to set your makeup in place but do not expect the coverage of a powder foundation.

PRICE: Expensive but it is afterall Chanel.

PACKAGING: Plastic. It comes with a brush inside as well but I do not use the brush. Top is white with the chanel logo in black.

I would repurchase this again if the price is slightly cheaper. I repurchase if the price is 1/4 lesser. But I am going to enjoy this powder as long as I still have it!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2014 7:52:00 AM More reviews by classicfrench

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this on a whim as I was looking for a product I could use for bronzing and contouring. I'd heard great things about the Chanel Les Beiges so thought I'd give it a try - and I wasn't disappointed. Despite being pretty expensive I love this product and use it every day - and I only use a little each day for really great, noticeable results so the product is lasting really well. The packaging is obviously lovely (it's Chanel!) and the product is really easy to apply - a little goes a long way. I would buy it again for sure - but hopefully I won't have to any time soon ;)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2014 1:53:00 PM More reviews by dragonflygirl7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have this in a darker shade to use as a bronzer and it is foolproof and very natural looking on my skin~ NC30/no.40. I use a duo fiber brush to sweep it on my cheekbones and the high points of my face. I often use MAC MSFN all over (alone or over a base) and this as a bronzer. On occasion, I will just use this all over for a little bit of color (to note, it has spf 15), and then bit of blush. I'm not sure I'd like this as a finishing powder, as the MAC is just right for that, but as a bronzer or for a bit of color an a casual day, it's lovely, and in a pretty compact with a usable brush.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/21/2014 12:55:00 PM More reviews by thepulptoyourfiction

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this expecting much more from Chanel.
In short, it's a waste of money. Does absolutely nothing.

The only pros are the fragrance (assuming it does not irritate your skin) and the packaging.

Honestly, I only keep this in my purse because it's the closest I'll ever be able to afford anything with a Chanel logo.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2014 11:55:00 AM More reviews by michiemichie

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I discovered this powder while visiting a Chanel counter. The lady applied this on me and I was completely hooked. They say it is invisible on the skin and hey it is. No powder look which I hate. The packaging is great too, comes in a beautiful compact. Would defo buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/5/2014 5:10:00 AM More reviews by Samdoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this powder hoping it would be good "dewy" powder for my dry skin for setting foundation and concealer. I am nc25ish/nars ceylan/Punjab, and bought no. 20 as a setting powder. Upon application it looked lovely - sheer, slightly sheen to give a luminous finish and there were no sparkles on the face as there is in the pan, so I was a happy bunny. However, after half an hour my face looked orange! It oxidised on me and my face didn't match my body anymore and it was terrible. Was very disappointed as it is almost £40 and the little compact was pretty enough to show off - but it's sitting in my drawer doing nothing now. I tried sleeks luminous pressed powder and got faar better results at a fraction of the price!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2014 11:31:00 AM More reviews by monchichi

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this product as a bronzer. For my moderately fair skin I doubted between 50 and 60. Eventually I took 60 because I think 50 is a bit muddy and therefore to contour. 60 is a dark brown, reddisch bronzer that works fantastic on my skin. The compact is very beautiful and the curved brush handy. I do not need to reapply it and it smells fantastic. I am not that into Chanel normally but the beautiful compact has won me over. It gives me a truly deep bronzed appearence which I love. Everyone thinks I have taken a holiday... Isn't that the best compliment a bronzer can give you? It contains extemely tiny golden speckles which can not be traced on the skin. It's the first bronzer that gives the skin a well treated surface... As a bronzer: A+++

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2014 6:58:00 PM More reviews by sweet_like_honey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I just bought this today and I LOOOVE IT, but I don't want to jinx it by giving it 5 stars just yet ;) The sales rep at Saks told me that most people use it as a bronzer or contour color, but I'm tan so I'm using it as an all-over face powder. I was looking for a powder with sunscreen to help give me extra sun protection throughout the day. I have oily skin so I'm constantly reapplying powder anyway- might as well reapply sunscreen while I'm at it, since the liquid sunscreen I put on in the morning wears off after a couple hours.

Anyway, when I got home, I was excited to try it as a setting powder, so I washed off my makeup and reapplied, just so I could see how it looked over fresh makeup. It looks GORGEOUS! I am between an NC35-40 and I bought this in 40. Just like the name says, it's sheer- so it doesn't look cakey or heavy. It looks amazing- not too matte, not too shiny, I'm just glowing!

This is my first Chanel beauty product and I love that the compact is so chic and comes with it's own little brush and velvet case. I also love that it has a decent size mirror inside- now I'm going to be whipping this thing out all the time haha :P

I'll update my review after a few more weeks of use, but so far I think I've hit the jackpot. If it doesn't break me out, I'll give it 5 stars. This product kills two birds with one stone- a gorgeous complexion plus sun protection. YAY!!!

UPDATE 6/3/14: This ended up breaking me out on my chin and cheeks, probably from the Shea Butter. Sad because it looked great and made my skin feel really soft and smooth, but I guess it was just too occlusive for my skin. I'm putting it up for swap.