August 23, 2014 | 1426 users online

Powder - Chanel - Les Beiges - Healthy Glow Sheer Powder

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2014 1:53:00 PM More reviews by dragonflygirl7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have this in a darker shade to use as a bronzer and it is foolproof and very natural looking on my skin~ NC30/no.40. I use a duo fiber brush to sweep it on my cheekbones and the high points of my face. I often use MAC MSFN all over (alone or over a base) and this as a bronzer. On occasion, I will just use this all over for a little bit of color (to note, it has spf 15), and then bit of blush. I'm not sure I'd like this as a finishing powder, as the MAC is just right for that, but as a bronzer or for a bit of color an a casual day, it's lovely, and in a pretty compact with a usable brush.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/21/2014 12:55:00 PM More reviews by thepulptoyourfiction

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this expecting much more from Chanel.
In short, it's a waste of money. Does absolutely nothing.

The only pros are the fragrance (assuming it does not irritate your skin) and the packaging.

Honestly, I only keep this in my purse because it's the closest I'll ever be able to afford anything with a Chanel logo.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2014 11:55:00 AM More reviews by michiemichie

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I discovered this powder while visiting a Chanel counter. The lady applied this on me and I was completely hooked. They say it is invisible on the skin and hey it is. No powder look which I hate. The packaging is great too, comes in a beautiful compact. Would defo buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/5/2014 5:10:00 AM More reviews by Samdoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this powder hoping it would be good "dewy" powder for my dry skin for setting foundation and concealer. I am nc25ish/nars ceylan/Punjab, and bought no. 20 as a setting powder. Upon application it looked lovely - sheer, slightly sheen to give a luminous finish and there were no sparkles on the face as there is in the pan, so I was a happy bunny. However, after half an hour my face looked orange! It oxidised on me and my face didn't match my body anymore and it was terrible. Was very disappointed as it is almost £40 and the little compact was pretty enough to show off - but it's sitting in my drawer doing nothing now. I tried sleeks luminous pressed powder and got faar better results at a fraction of the price!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2014 11:31:00 AM More reviews by monchichi

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this product as a bronzer. For my moderately fair skin I doubted between 50 and 60. Eventually I took 60 because I think 50 is a bit muddy and therefore to contour. 60 is a dark brown, reddisch bronzer that works fantastic on my skin. The compact is very beautiful and the curved brush handy. I do not need to reapply it and it smells fantastic. I am not that into Chanel normally but the beautiful compact has won me over. It gives me a truly deep bronzed appearence which I love. Everyone thinks I have taken a holiday... Isn't that the best compliment a bronzer can give you? It contains extemely tiny golden speckles which can not be traced on the skin. It's the first bronzer that gives the skin a well treated surface... As a bronzer: A+++

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2014 6:58:00 PM More reviews by sweet_like_honey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I just bought this today and I LOOOVE IT, but I don't want to jinx it by giving it 5 stars just yet ;) The sales rep at Saks told me that most people use it as a bronzer or contour color, but I'm tan so I'm using it as an all-over face powder. I was looking for a powder with sunscreen to help give me extra sun protection throughout the day. I have oily skin so I'm constantly reapplying powder anyway- might as well reapply sunscreen while I'm at it, since the liquid sunscreen I put on in the morning wears off after a couple hours.

Anyway, when I got home, I was excited to try it as a setting powder, so I washed off my makeup and reapplied, just so I could see how it looked over fresh makeup. It looks GORGEOUS! I am between an NC35-40 and I bought this in 40. Just like the name says, it's sheer- so it doesn't look cakey or heavy. It looks amazing- not too matte, not too shiny, I'm just glowing!

This is my first Chanel beauty product and I love that the compact is so chic and comes with it's own little brush and velvet case. I also love that it has a decent size mirror inside- now I'm going to be whipping this thing out all the time haha :P

I'll update my review after a few more weeks of use, but so far I think I've hit the jackpot. If it doesn't break me out, I'll give it 5 stars. This product kills two birds with one stone- a gorgeous complexion plus sun protection. YAY!!!

UPDATE 6/3/14: This ended up breaking me out on my chin and cheeks, probably from the Shea Butter. Sad because it looked great and made my skin feel really soft and smooth, but I guess it was just too occlusive for my skin. I'm putting it up for swap.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2014 4:12:00 PM More reviews by Jaimiedollar

Ladies are just not getting what this powder is actually all about! It is not a foundation nor a bronzer nor a setting powder. It is just to lightly dust over parts of your face to give a "healthy glow" i bought this & the kabuki to go with it & i love it! On my grey face days this perks me up & makes me look more human. I actually bought shade 40 & use it to contour my cheekbones & dust over areas the sun would hit naturally. Ended up buying 2 of the brushes as it is sooo soft but takes days to dry

rated 2 of 5 on 5/16/2014 8:54:00 PM More reviews by darkangel13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

In a way Les Beiges is a very suitable name for this product because it is very blah, boring, unremarkable, nothing to write home about... in other words beige. I was looking for a powder to wear in conjunction with my new Vitalumiere Aqua foundation (gorgeous foundation for spring/summer and actually worth the price). The lady at the Chanel counter suggested I try the Les Beiges powder because apparently it's supposed to be the perfect pairing for Chanel's more dewy foundations to maintain a luminous finish. Yeah, um... no. I understand the concept behind it because there's no point of wearing a glowy foundation if you're just going to mattify the crap out of it with powder but this product is a fail. It's uncomfortably reminiscent of those $6 Covergirl pressed powders at Walmart. My complexion upon application looked dirty and clogged. Kinda like when you fall asleep in your makeup and wake up the next morning and say " Fuck it" and head out the door lol. The shade selection was a bit off too but then again Chanel isn't famous for their fabulous shade range. MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural is 50x better than this and half the price. Sorry, Chanel.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 5/9/2014 1:29:00 PM More reviews by brownclown

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Edit:
Dropping this to a 2 since it broke me out in a rash and oxidized on my fair oily skin. Bummer.

The scent is way over the top and the price is a reflection of the hype, but regardless I enjoy this product. I would not consider this a foundation, it's just a powder with a bit more coverage than average. This is more of a handbag item for me, although I do dust it lightly over my sunscreen, concealer and silica "HD" powder a few times a week when I need to look more polished - my "lipstick days".
My skin is normally oily but I am using a retinol product (Verso) and have had to switch from my normal moisturizer to a heavier mineral only sunscreen with a very slight tint to protect my skin and help eliminate the mild dryness caused by the retinol. Any sort of foundation is just too heavy over sunscreen for me - normally I use all facial products lightly and prefer a more natural look - so far I do not have any fine lines or wrinkles and seldom have blemishes, so I get by with it most days.
The lightest color works well for my fair skin, and I do like my slight glow when used as an all-over setting powder. I can't imagine this would cover much unless you used a lot, which would be silly considering the fragrance, price and texture. There are so many compact powders out there with good coverage that diffuse light (LM, Dior, Hourglass, Guerlain, BB, Chantecaille, Kevyn Aucoin, Koh Gen Do, etc.),but this is not one of them and I'm not sure it's supposed to be...
As usual, if your expectations are realistic and you have the ability to test the product first, there are really no surprises. It's a powder in a pretty case. Although I answered "yes" to a repurchase, I would probably prefer Poudre Universelle.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/27/2014 10:42:00 AM More reviews by SelenaSerena

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have sensitive dry skin with mild rosacea. This powder cause irritation due to very strong lingering frangrance and who knows what else. Besides the effect is far from the claims. It does not fit my dry skin and makes the overall makeup look dirtier and too layered like a cake. I tried to use in right on moisturizer, on tinted moisturizer and on foundation. Neither worked out to be at least decent. Applied with an included brush, sponge, very soft brush, kabuki. Complete fail for me and very unimpressive. Case is lovely though but too heavy for a handbag. Sensitive skin ladies beware and try before buy.