September 22, 2014 | 1960 users online

Skincare - Face - Avene - Thermal Water

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2014 12:29:00 PM More reviews by sakurina

This mist is ONLY water.

Really helpful if you have a sunburn or an allergic reaction. Got a contact dermatitis some months ago and this mist saved my life!

I still have some left that I use after going to the gym or when it's hot in summer.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2014 7:54:00 AM More reviews by KrystineVu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Yes yes this one is my favourite facial mist since it soothes my skin and makes it feel refreshing and relaxing. I spray it on my face before makeup as a toner, after makeup to set the whole thing, whenever my skin feels irritating, when travelling, after workout, after exposing to sunlight... It is an all-in-one must-have! And its not expensive at all!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2014 2:31:00 PM More reviews by dotttB

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this in my Ipsy sample box. Basically, it is spring water in a spray can. I have used it twice so far, and I have had it for a few months. I do not feel the need to use this, ever. Im sure there are people and situations where this product is necessary, but to me it sits useless until I think of a real reason for it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2014 11:01:00 AM More reviews by mellouise

I use this as a morning cleanser - spray then dry with a towel. In the evenings l use it instead of toner. Spray on, wait, then massage in. It feels cooling and refreshing. It calms my skin, reducing redness and itchiness/irritation. It lessens the amount of small pimples l sometimes get. I love that it comes in many sizes, and is available from Boots. The small 50ml spray doesn't spray as effectively as the larger sizes. It's also fantastic for itchy hayfever eyes and when you are hot.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2014 8:06:00 PM More reviews by HollyWould123

This product was merely so-so. Yes, it is hydrating and soothing, somewhat. However, the packaging isn't effective in distributing enough product evenly. Definitely an overrated and overpriced product in which there are many inexpensive and more effective alternatives (ELF, Urban Decay, Make Up For Ever, etc.). Skip this one!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/10/2014 7:46:00 AM More reviews by annechais

Makes my skin dry and flaky. The spray isn't good either. Not all that tbh.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2014 4:10:00 PM More reviews by SummerGlow

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Correct use and understanding of Avene facial water spray......most people think of this spray incorrectly and use it incorrectly. Sometimes it's good to study up in depth on products.Where it comes from and why. Avene is a mineral water source in France.Minerals heal incredibly well. Although this is moisturizing some people spray it on after a cleanser that dries their face first. After you wash your face, pat dry, then spray Avene water on and immediately put your moisturizer on to seal in the moisture, wait for one minute for your skin to soak it in and seal and then mist your face one more time.lightly, to add extra moisture. You will glow with dewy skin doing this.You must find the right moisturizers and cleansers first.
I also use it as a treatment when watching tv or reading blogs etc. I spray this on my face every minute until I think my skin is very moisturized and then seal it in with a good cream.I also use this over makeup to make it look dewy. Many people think this will make your makeup stay on longer.No, it is a moisturizing healing water not a makeup setting spray.Try this spray again and use it like this and you'll loveit but it's not to be used in this manner with oily skin. With oily skin I would use it differently. I learned through my own trial and error. I even bought bottled water, put it in a spray bottle and used that but it is totally different. So water in general is the moisturizer you want to seal into your skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/30/2014 10:48:00 AM More reviews by syana99

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

1. Packaging
The spray doesn't give a fine mist to my face despite spraying it from a reasonable distance.

2. Impact
a. It doesn't moisturize my skin at all. In fact after spraying it on my bare face or after applying my skin care I get this very tight-pulled feel on my skin.
b. When sprayed after applying a full face makeup, it does however make my makeup look more natural. Much like the effect I get from Urban Decay All Nighter.

I bought the 50ml bottle just to try it after reading all the hypes about in online. But it doesn't work that well for me except for the setting makeup part.

I will no be repurchasing this. I'd prefer UD All Nighter to set my makeup because of the tight-pulled feel i get from using it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2014 4:08:00 PM More reviews by hippolyte93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

i cannot live without this...i have sun allergy and my face turns very red and irritated when i go out in the sun for sometime....so i use it to soothe the skin and get red of the itchy feeling...amazing product

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2014 12:42:00 AM More reviews by lucenaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

So. Let me tell you a story of why I buy a completely overpriced bottle of spray water and think it's worth it, and why this may or may not be the case for you. Sorry that it is a little long.

I live in the foot of the Rocky Mountains, and our water comes straight from glacier water that probably has thousands of years worth of dissolved minerals in it. Read: It's really hard water.

I never thought this was a problem, until I lived in Europe for a while. The first time, I was backpacking for six weeks and didn't bring my regular makeup or skincare supplies other than tinted moisturizer. I used 1-Euro face wash from the grocery store. Nonetheless, my skin cleared up. I attributed it to getting lucky with a bottle of cheap facewash (and maybe it still was?? Ha).

Anyway, the second time, I was living in Germany for four months and brought all my regular cleansing supplies with me. Face wash, makeup, routine, everything. My skin cleared up again. I started wondering if the water had something to do with it.

I came back and considered all the things that were different from here and Europe. I thought maybe I was just drying out my face from washing it too much - the air is way dryer here than it was where I lived. So I started just splashing my face with water in the mornings instead of just washing it. I did this for a while and it helped, but it still didn't have my "Europe skin" back.

Finally, after seeing all the reviews on here, and finding a little 50 ml bottle on sale, I decided to try it, because I still had a nagging feeling that the water was the final part of the equation.

At first, I spritzed this on after my normal evening wash, and lightly dabbed some of it off with cotton. In the mornings, instead of my regular face-splashing in the sink, spritzed my face again.

I don't know how or why this stuff works, but I was sold after a week and bought the full bottle. Especially in the mornings, my skin felt less dry (???) and more supple than just using tap water. I have no idea how to explain this. Now, it has been maybe 10 months now, and my Europe skin is back. I think this past spring my face was so clear that I didn't even have acne scars (my scars last weeks, sometimes months....).

Now, I've weaned off tap water on my face altogether, other than some inevitable splashes in the shower. I take off my makeup with micellar cleanser and spritz my face with this afterward. My face feels so much better, and is clear, supple, and happy :)

Of course, will not be the case for everyone. Maybe you are lucky enough to live in a place with perfectly soft water. It really depends.

One other thing. Probably 95% of the "soothing" properties of this comes from the bottle, not the water itself. There, I said it. If you're getting this for soothing properties, I'm not entirely convinced this is better than regular water (unless your water is disgusting). Regular water just doesn't have the luxury of an aerosol mist like this one.

Of course, it IS soothing and feels great on your face on a hot day, but if you can find another bottle of fine-mist aerosol water for cheaper it would probably be just as good.

Actually, maybe I will do that and try another brand of water - but for now this works wonderfully :). I will update on how this goes.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No