January 29, 2015 | 1087 users online

Skincare - Face - Avene - Thermal Water

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2015 9:00:00 PM More reviews by hersheysmiaka

Already finished three cans of this and still have a back- up large can at home. It greatly helped my skin during dry cold times because I'm mostly in an air- conditioned office environment and I get rashes because of the dryness even if I'm the oily- combination type. However, the hefty price here in our country discourages me from buying it again as I'm on a budget right now. Compared to Evia, which I used for the longest time, it is like triple the price here and I think the effect is just the same, which is refreshed and moisturized skin. I love to use it mainly for setting make- up so it won't look cakey.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/12/2015 4:43:00 AM More reviews by msyu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I bought this to spray on myself when standing outside, but later learned that you shouldn't spray water on skin in dry climates or you will get drier (I live in Las Vegas). So, I used it casually at home and realized it was only water, nothing special about it. I read on Paula's Choice that it was only water. I paid $20 for a bottle of water in an aerosol can. And the nozzle went bad and the water started to leak and the spray was not a fine mist but drippy drops. Don't buy this, but if you do need a aerosol spray filled with water, Aquafina and Evian make them for cheaper.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2015 10:24:00 AM More reviews by bebe_girl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

ahh ive finally bought and tried this product that has been raved a lot. my verdict: this avene eau thermale works at soothing the skin and reducing redness a bit and thats it. no moisturizing properties or anything. just water that tends to calm the skin. i can't say much about this product coz ive only tried this twice. will edit my review after using it a couple of times.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2014 4:10:00 PM More reviews by misscocktail

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Just discovered The magic of thermal water sprays. I'm hooked! It feels so soft and moisturising. You definitely feel a difference with this stuff. I will implement this in my daily skin care routine. Will keep purchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2014 10:48:00 PM More reviews by kjulia135

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Seems to be the most natural and pure mist I have used so far. It is not enough to be applied alone for my extra dry skin or when outside during fall and winter. Perhaps it's my skin but it dries up just a few minutes after and my skin's back to what it felt like before spraying it. But very clean.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2014 12:15:00 AM More reviews by veraong88

its just water i know, but water is a really integral component of good skin. i feel that this has calmed down my redness and cooled down my skin in the hot humid climate i live in. less redness and bumps just using water, im sold.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/5/2014 8:40:00 AM More reviews by DonnaK857

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this yesterday because I was told it has wonderful healing properties, (i.e. for cuts, sunburn, rosacea, etc). As a matter of fact, my daughter had a cut and we sprayed this on it and within a few hours, the cut was pretty much healed. Amazing! I then sprayed this on my face because I have rosacea on my cheeks. The result was terrible. There must be something in this that my skin doesn't like because within minutes my face became red and highly irritated. It is still very red and sore this morning and I can't put anything on it except a really gentle moisturizer to help soothe it. I will keep this for scratches and cuts because it really works, but I won't spray this on my face ever again!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2014 1:31:00 AM More reviews by originalconfidence

i used up a whole bottle of this mist during the summer holidays while using nothing else because I started breaking out. It is natural for the skin I guess. But you can't really see a big difference. It did calm my acne though. But it was a good mist. Natural/gentle

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2014 12:40:00 AM More reviews by carllin87

Am about to open my second bottle.

Have to first confess that I thought it was rather stupid to pay so much money for water to spray over the face. But after I moved to a much colder, drier climate I experienced a total change in skin type. I went from oily-combo skin to really dry flaky skin. I didn't know what to do, and had to overhaul my skin care.

I decided one day this was on sale to give it a go, see what the hype was all about. It is indeed a very cooling, refreshing spray on the face. It does really well to tone, or to prep before putting on some masks. I use it to take off my avene hydrating mask, and it's been great. I do believe that the thin mist that the cannister is designed to deliver is part of why this is so good.

One added benefit - it really does add some dewy quality to matte makeup minus the grease.

I'll definitely be stocking up on avene products when I'm in paris :) Pity I don't think it's possible to carry cannisters of this water on flight so I will probably stick to just buying regular products.

just as a side note, I have the price point as 5 lippies because here it costs qute a bit for a 300mL cannister. So far I have only gotten mine when they are on sale or promo to dampen the pain a little. Would repurchase though, just hoping for more promos.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2014 4:41:00 PM More reviews by cherryme

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't get the hype. To me it is just some salty water that makes my pores look huge and dries my skin. Nothing soothing.