February 27, 2015 | 931 users online

Skincare - Face - Avene - Thermal Water

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2015 9:28:00 PM More reviews by Jaynne

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I started with a small can - got as a GWP. Then I bought a small can in a set with a moisturizer. Then I bought the 300 ml can. It's been months and it's only just now getting to the end & I'm going out to buy more. I too was a scoffer of canned water - Evian comes to mind, as that has been around the longest in my memory. We used to laugh because Evian spelled backwards is Naive. I did try Evian once when I got it as GWP years ago - it's was ok. This stuff? I like it a lot, and this particular brand is the only one I'll buy. I live in the pacific northwest and our water is soft, clean, and very high quality. Never would have thought it. Me spending $$ for canned water to spritz on my face.

I have a big can on my desk at home and use it when I get hot flashes and redness, for winter-dry air or hot summer days - it's so refreshing and feels amazing. No problems with the nozzle. I use the small cans in my purse and always travel with one - great for combating dryness from air conditioned rooms, planes, desert air, and sunny beaches, and very soothing after being in the sun. I've not used it as part of my skin care regime like others, but I'm going to start trying different methods after reading some of the reviews here. I'm going to use it after my infrared sauna and tanning sessions I'm doing right now. Thanks for that suggestion! I won't pay full price - I wait for sales - I may be crazy but I'm not nuts!

BTW, this product is actually called Avene "Thermal Spring Water" or "Eau Thermale".

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2015 11:26:00 AM More reviews by ayevalen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

So I used to have acnes and oily skin which I found really annoying at that time. Reading a lot of articles, I decided to pound my skin with products that contained salicylic acid.

I don't know whether it's just because I age or it has something to do with the salicylic acid. Although I still got acnes, it was not as many. My skin indeed got clearer.... However I noticed that my skin got dull and I found that the skin on my forehead and sides of my cheek became really dry. My face lost its radiance like something just took the life out of it. I felt I look a lot older and wished to trade that face with the face that I used to have back when it was still very oily.

I figured out I needed something to give the life back into my skin. While searching for a remedy, I constantly reminded myself that I was still prone to acnes so I could carefully choose a product. And oh sorry for the long preface, I was curious about the avene thermal water spray. I was hesitant to buy the product because I thought it was just some water in a can and by the way it's sold ridiculously expensive in where I live. So I had to read a lot of reviews which I also got from this site and finally got intrigued to buy the smallest can.

I used this product twice a day after I washed and cleaned my face with a toner and continued to other face creams as usual. After two weeks, I finally noticed a difference. My skin gets more radiant and the dry area on the sides of my cheeks get smoother. At the end of the day, when I washed my face, i could feel that my fingers glide smoothly on the surface of my skin; I'm sure as hell it's not the residue of my night cream. Although it has not done anything with my acnes, I've certainly got what I expected from this product! I will tottally purchase the bigger can once it's ran out!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2015 5:29:00 PM More reviews by editanazaryan

I have and will always repurchase. This stuff is HG for me. I apply it throughout the day, right after I do my makeup and over a serum. Holy grail! Love what it does to my skin. This product completes my skincare routine.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2015 8:48:00 PM More reviews by Zuleykka

HG! i love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2015 1:37:00 PM More reviews by TnTcortex

It may be just water, bur for me has sone wonders: overall it has dramatically improved the condition of my skin and although I have not seen of felt it working I could notice the results within the first week of using it. It definitely provided me with a solution for skin-care and totally deserves a review from me. I am repurchasing this product and no matter what it's now one of my top must-have!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2015 9:00:00 PM More reviews by hersheysmiaka

Already finished three cans of this and still have a back- up large can at home. It greatly helped my skin during dry cold times because I'm mostly in an air- conditioned office environment and I get rashes because of the dryness even if I'm the oily- combination type. However, the hefty price here in our country discourages me from buying it again as I'm on a budget right now. Compared to Evia, which I used for the longest time, it is like triple the price here and I think the effect is just the same, which is refreshed and moisturized skin. I love to use it mainly for setting make- up so it won't look cakey.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/12/2015 4:43:00 AM More reviews by msyu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I bought this to spray on myself when standing outside, but later learned that you shouldn't spray water on skin in dry climates or you will get drier (I live in Las Vegas). So, I used it casually at home and realized it was only water, nothing special about it. I read on Paula's Choice that it was only water. I paid $20 for a bottle of water in an aerosol can. And the nozzle went bad and the water started to leak and the spray was not a fine mist but drippy drops. Don't buy this, but if you do need a aerosol spray filled with water, Aquafina and Evian make them for cheaper.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2015 10:24:00 AM More reviews by bebe_girl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

ahh ive finally bought and tried this product that has been raved a lot. my verdict: this avene eau thermale works at soothing the skin and reducing redness a bit and thats it. no moisturizing properties or anything. just water that tends to calm the skin. i can't say much about this product coz ive only tried this twice. will edit my review after using it a couple of times.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2014 4:10:00 PM More reviews by misscocktail

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Just discovered The magic of thermal water sprays. I'm hooked! It feels so soft and moisturising. You definitely feel a difference with this stuff. I will implement this in my daily skin care routine. Will keep purchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2014 10:48:00 PM More reviews by kjulia135

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Seems to be the most natural and pure mist I have used so far. It is not enough to be applied alone for my extra dry skin or when outside during fall and winter. Perhaps it's my skin but it dries up just a few minutes after and my skin's back to what it felt like before spraying it. But very clean.