Clarins BB Skin Perfecting Cream SPF 25

3.7

on 4/11/2015 1:36:00 AM

Somehow this cream gives me a completely natural look, as if I am not,, wearing makeup. At the same time, it manages to even out the skin tone, hide imperfections and dark circles. At the moment, I use it appr. every other day, with the alternative being a foundation from Shiseido ("sheer" something). I find the two quite similar, but this is better with beauty flash,, shiseido with the Clarins primer in a red jar. With beauty flash I get a dewy look that stays all day without going oily or drying out my skin. I agree that the colour options aren't the best, but I can wear 01 (I have a had terrible results with Mac, but it seems to be an ok colour match: N? 30)if I make sure to blend properly and most importantly: blend onto the neck! Anyone is going to look fake and poorly made up without doing this... So, I will definitely be buying this again. It is absolutely the best BB-cream I've ever tried, and I love the naturally perfect results.

on 3/21/2015 8:00:00 AM

I loved this bb cream, though to me it felt more like a foundation than a bb. It's very lightweight, natural looking and surprisingly has good coverage. My skin is pretty good, but I get little patches of redness and the occasional blemish. I also have an oily t zone and dry cheeks. This made my skin look amazing and it lasted for the day. But, the shade range is dreadful and the price is too much. I frequently get travel size/generous samples of this from Clarins with other purchases. I've found I can only wear this when I have a tan (i. e. several uses of clarins liquid bronze on my face). Otherwise it is far too dark and orangey on my fair, cool toned skin. Lastly, I am happy to pay £30+ for a good foundation. Yet for some reason, I just feel like this is too much for something marketed as a bb cream (the packaging is evidently cheaper and less glam than what you would get for a foundation of this price too). Despite these cons, the finish and staying power really won me over. So I may purchase this for summer if my skin tone becomes too dark for my other foundations.

on 3/12/2015 10:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I really like Clarins BB cream. It provides great coverage and the scent is good. In order to get perfect skin color match I mix it with a bit of my own foundation before applying to the skin.

on 3/8/2015 4:32:00 PM

The 01 was too light for me and the 02 was too dark and ashy for my yellow medium tone skin. So disappointed that Clarins discontinued the Hydraquench tinted moisturizer. I used 02 Beige and it was perfect. I am on a mission to find a replacement -- maybe Smashbox or Laura Mercier.

on 2/3/2015 1:01:00 PM

This BB cream is superb - it delivers an amazing amount of coverage using a small amount of product, yet leaves the skin looking natural?? (don't ask me how that's possible, but it is.) Having been a Double Wear user for many years I have struggled to find a "foundation" that suits my now ageing face (and boy does that seem to creep up quickly!) I've tried the Korean BB creams which are good for coverage but not only are they hard to access in the UK, I find the tones make my skin ashy. This Clarins BB cream is by far the best out there IMHO. Be warned though, the shades are dark; I am a NW15-20 and use the shade 00 and just get away with it.

on 12/11/2014 3:06:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I typically use Tarte BB tinted moisturizer (used to be smooth operator) which I love and makes my skin looks so much better (overall not just when I am wearing it). This BB cream seems to be as good for my skin as Tarte, no breakouts, old marks are healing quickly, skin looks healthy and glowly even when not wearing this. I like that this has a bit more coverage than other BB creams, almost foundation like in coverage. The scent is great, no sunscreen smell. The only thing I don't like is that it is a little hard to blend, not as smooth to apply as I would like. And it's too expensive. Would repurchase.

on 12/6/2014 5:30:00 AM

I hate SPF in general and i do have sensitive skin. This is very light, i like the coverage and my skin is very happy with it ... Goes smoothly leaves no trace, gives seamless coverage daylong.

on 11/27/2014 5:59:00 AM

I wanted to love this product. I'm tired of using three products every morning - primer, sun protection and foundation - and thought this would be a shortcut to combining skincare with looking good. But no! As others have pointed out, the colour selection is just awful. I tried the "light", which is the lightest shade this comes in, and it was way too dark for me. My face didn't make my neck or my decollete, which was embarrassing. My kids asked me what on earth I'd done to my face! Definitely not the reaction I wanted. I looked like those news anchorwomen with orange faces, just ridiculous.

I think Clarins products are coloured for French complexions, which are darker than many English skins. I'm a natural light blonde, with porcelain skin and blue eyes, and this was made for someone much, much darker.

The texture was fine, though, and the coverage was good. It stayed matte and didn't rub off. I wish it came in better shades and then I'd definitely use it again. For now, though, I'm just about to wash it all off.

on 11/22/2014 6:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

First review I've ever written on any product I've ever tried and I have tried and tested many different brands in my 18 years experience as a beauty therapist. Clarins BB perfector is a great product, I find it evens out skin tone and minor skin imperfections beautifully without feeling heavy and suffocating. I very rarely go without makeup but since using this, i find its all I need. Provides moisture for normal combination skin, dry skin may need a moisturiser underneath. My skin is acne prone but I've never had a breakout from using it. I use the 02 shade and find it provides me with a healthy natural looking tan, with enough coverage and moisture. I have cut down my products from 3 to 1 after using this. Try it, I think you'll love it! highly underrated!!

I seem to be in the minority by liking this product. It is quite thick and creamy but goes on well and gives a lovely smooth finish. May not be suitable for those of you in hotter climates. It has quite a pleasant but strong fragrance but my sensitive skin isn't reacting. Overall I am happy with this and would repurchase although it is quite pricey.