Aveeno Clear Complexion BB Cream

2.9

Active Ingredients: Homosalate (5%, Sunscreen), Octinoxate (7.5%, Sunscreen), Octisalate (5%, Sunscreen), Oxybenzone (2%, Sunscreen) Inactive Ingredients: Water, PPG 3 Myristyl Ether Neoheptanoate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract, Butylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Palm Kernal Glycerides, Silica, PEG 100 Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Caprylyl Glycol, Isohexadecane, Bisabolol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Fragrance, Citric Acid, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Cetearyl Glucoside, Polysorbate 20, P Anisic Acid, Sodium C 14 16 Olefin Sulfonate, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides, Urea, Sodium PCA, Cetyl Hydroxyethylcellulose, Polysorbate 60, Xanthan Gum, Tetrasodium EDTA, Hexylene Glycol, Trehalose, Polyquaternium 51, Triacetin, Methylisothiazolinone, Sodium Hyaluronate, Titanium Dioxide, Mica, Iron Oxides

on 4/19/2015 8:10:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Really like the product. I work in a mine on 12 hour shifts (sweaty) and it stays great. My skin looks just at good as when I first applied it. I love the sunscreen aspect. Even if you just put it on with no other makeup you are glowing. My skin is also acne prone and I have no issues with the serum application (but you have to let it fully dry). Love how naturally flawless it looks. I get compliments on my skin all the time.

I love this product. I've been using it for about a year and a half now. It provides my acne-prone skin with a sheer coverage, light moisture, and sun-protection.

This product does what it says. The small "sparkles" in the moisturizer reflect light away from the skin, which helps to hide blemishes. Additionally, it doesn't absorb into my pores, so it doesn't cause blockages, and hence, no breakouts.

The breakouts I do get from this product are usually my own fault (applying on top of broken skin, leaving it on without reapplication for more than 8 hours).

Overall, I would recommend this product to someone with acne prone skin who isn't looking for heavy coverage. I should note that this product does not allow you to build coverage. The way it is formulated makes it so a single layer will "sit" nicely on your skin, it is not made to be layered with other liquids, including acne/facial serums and moisturizers (gel or cream).
If you do need to use serums and moisturizers (like I do), allow them to dry completely before trying to apply this product

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

My grandma bought me this, It is sheer coverage. Lightest shade is too dark, but it's sheer and isn't too obvious. I use this with a powder foundation instead of liquid foundation. My skin takes longer to get greasy, my skin is softer, and it hasn't caused me any new acne. I like this for daily wear. I do feel is has improved my skin, here in Canada it's been windy and cold which has dried out my skin. Using this in the morning healed it and I swear it almost protects my skin all day. I wish they had a lighter shade.

on 2/9/2015 5:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really wanted to like this bb cream because I heard such good things about Aveeno. But unfortunately the texture is very thick, hard to blend and gets streaky. Also, it broke me out. Would not repurchase.

on 12/28/2014 2:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This made my skin look SUPER shiny...and the texture was awful. the package says that it is supposed to hide imperfections but the product seemed to enhance them. Very disappointed because I used EVERYTHING Aveeno. Hated it...will not repurchase

on 12/10/2014 11:00:00 PM

I like this bb cream, its not life changing but its good enough for the cheap price. I wear probably around NC10-15 and it seems a tad too dark on me but not crazy noticable.

on 8/8/2014 7:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I've found this cream to be very light and blendable, and the fair/light shade works well with my pale skin without covering up freckles. I also find it doesn't take much to get basic coverage, but it doesn't seem to build; if I try to add more I just end up with more product on my fingers. The real dealbreaker for me is the pump, which tends to get clogged with product no matter how careful I am, meaning each pump tends to have a little dried clot of yesterday's creme in it. Not awful, but not really nice either.

on 7/29/2014 6:26:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I love this product. I have very acne prone skin and it has yet to break me out, and provides a nice amount of coverage. Whenever I wear it my skin has a dewy glow about it which I really like as well.

The downside: The light/fair shade of this product is still rather dark. I recently was in the south and became quite tan (well tan for a very fair skinned girl) and this product matches my skin beautifully. However, this is far too dark a product for the fall and winter seasons. I love it so much for the summertime though, I just wish I could wear it year round.

on 7/2/2014 11:44:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Because I have some discoloration/redness and scars from acne, I am always looking for a BB cream to serve as my "all-in-one" moisturizer/mark-fader/foundation. Most BB creams I have tried (Garnier, Clinique, Origins) are too watery and ultimately leave me greasy and/or broken out. This one from Aveeno is thicker, with a grey/beige hue that calms everything down and something else that brightens. It keeps my skin pretty matte but I have a huge allergy problem with it: when I first put it on I'm a little sniffly, and then I'm fine bustling around getting ready for work. But once I'm sitting down at my desk my nose stuffs up and my eyes feel a little itchy....I don't know if it's the SPF or the makeup scent or what, but something is irritating my senses, and I find that rather disturbing, especially coming from the supposedly sensitive skin-friendly Aveeno. I will be returning this product even though it looks fairly good.

on 6/13/2014 12:38:00 AM

So here is my story with this bb creme:
I wanted to try it out because I heard how amazing bb cremes are and I absolutely love aveeno. My skin has dark acne scars and I have acne on my forehead and chin, so I decided I needed something to smoothe out my skin while fighting acne. I first picked up the medium shade because I had been in the sun a lot lately, and I was getting darker. This shade was too dark for me, so I chose the next lightest shade and I mixed the two together and it's PERFECT for my skin tone. There is a very bad selection of shades, but if you mix them together, you can get the perfect shade.

This bb creme is very very light coverage and it's really shiny when you put it on, but with a little concealer and powder, all is fixed! My skin has REALLY cleared up ever since I started using this and I DEFINITELY reccomend!