Aveeno Clear Complexion BB Cream

2.9

Active Ingredients: Homosalate (5%, Sunscreen), Octinoxate (7.5%, Sunscreen), Octisalate (5%, Sunscreen), Oxybenzone (2%, Sunscreen) Inactive Ingredients: Water, PPG 3 Myristyl Ether Neoheptanoate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract, Butylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Palm Kernal Glycerides, Silica, PEG 100 Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Caprylyl Glycol, Isohexadecane, Bisabolol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Fragrance, Citric Acid, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Cetearyl Glucoside, Polysorbate 20, P Anisic Acid, Sodium C 14 16 Olefin Sulfonate, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides, Urea, Sodium PCA, Cetyl Hydroxyethylcellulose, Polysorbate 60, Xanthan Gum, Tetrasodium EDTA, Hexylene Glycol, Trehalose, Polyquaternium 51, Triacetin, Methylisothiazolinone, Sodium Hyaluronate, Titanium Dioxide, Mica, Iron Oxides

on 5/20/2015 2:30:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I have very oily, mature, skin and I suffer from mild to moderate acne.

I purchased this for cycle commuting. During the warmer months I cycle commute to work (16km/10mi each way), and I like something to even out my complexion a bit and add some SPF while on my bike.

My first impressions of the product were very ho-hum. I found it greasy and too shiny. It smelled okay, but it didn't go on really well with my fingers. It was very streaky. None-the-less, I figured it would offer some protection and was good enough for the ride to work.

Had I any idea what was about to come next I would have washed it off and used something else. About half way through my commute my eyes started to sting as if I had soap in them. I had started to perspire a bit, and the cream worked its way into my eyes. Fortunately I had water with me so I could wash the cream off my face and out of my eyes. My eyes felt as if they had an oily film in them for the rest of the ride in.

I do realize this isn't a "sport" cosmetic, and that it really wasn't suitable for the purpose I intended. But, a day out at the park with the family in August can result in much greater perspiration than my 5 am morning commute in May, so I have some pretty serious concerns about this product.

on 5/4/2015 3:52:00 PM

I've recently started to take a really close look at the ingredients that are in the makeup that I use. Though Aveeno isn't as natural as I'd like it to be, I really love this product. This BB cream is great for sensitive, acne prone skin, offering thorough sun protection as well as a couple of key ingredients that offer your skin a really lovely, healthy glow. My only discrepancy would be the fact that though the BB cream is offered in fair/light skin tone, it's still dark. I have very fair, almost porcelain skin and until blended well, appears to have a slight orange tint on my skin. Though this BB cream doesn't offer the very best in ultimate coverage, it's great for those of you that are trying to minimize the amount of cover up you're using. It's light, airy, pleasantly scented and very beneficial for acne prone skin.

on 4/19/2015 8:10:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Really like the product. I work in a mine on 12 hour shifts (sweaty) and it stays great. My skin looks just at good as when I first applied it. I love the sunscreen aspect. Even if you just put it on with no other makeup you are glowing. My skin is also acne prone and I have no issues with the serum application (but you have to let it fully dry). Love how naturally flawless it looks. I get compliments on my skin all the time.

I love this product. I've been using it for about a year and a half now. It provides my acne-prone skin with a sheer coverage, light moisture, and sun-protection.

This product does what it says. The small "sparkles" in the moisturizer reflect light away from the skin, which helps to hide blemishes. Additionally, it doesn't absorb into my pores, so it doesn't cause blockages, and hence, no breakouts.

The breakouts I do get from this product are usually my own fault (applying on top of broken skin, leaving it on without reapplication for more than 8 hours).

Overall, I would recommend this product to someone with acne prone skin who isn't looking for heavy coverage. I should note that this product does not allow you to build coverage. The way it is formulated makes it so a single layer will "sit" nicely on your skin, it is not made to be layered with other liquids, including acne/facial serums and moisturizers (gel or cream).
If you do need to use serums and moisturizers (like I do), allow them to dry completely before trying to apply this product

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

My grandma bought me this, It is sheer coverage. Lightest shade is too dark, but it's sheer and isn't too obvious. I use this with a powder foundation instead of liquid foundation. My skin takes longer to get greasy, my skin is softer, and it hasn't caused me any new acne. I like this for daily wear. I do feel is has improved my skin, here in Canada it's been windy and cold which has dried out my skin. Using this in the morning healed it and I swear it almost protects my skin all day. I wish they had a lighter shade.

on 2/9/2015 5:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really wanted to like this bb cream because I heard such good things about Aveeno. But unfortunately the texture is very thick, hard to blend and gets streaky. Also, it broke me out. Would not repurchase.

on 12/28/2014 2:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This made my skin look SUPER shiny...and the texture was awful. the package says that it is supposed to hide imperfections but the product seemed to enhance them. Very disappointed because I used EVERYTHING Aveeno. Hated it...will not repurchase

on 12/10/2014 11:00:00 PM

I like this bb cream, its not life changing but its good enough for the cheap price. I wear probably around NC10-15 and it seems a tad too dark on me but not crazy noticable.

on 8/8/2014 7:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I've found this cream to be very light and blendable, and the fair/light shade works well with my pale skin without covering up freckles. I also find it doesn't take much to get basic coverage, but it doesn't seem to build; if I try to add more I just end up with more product on my fingers. The real dealbreaker for me is the pump, which tends to get clogged with product no matter how careful I am, meaning each pump tends to have a little dried clot of yesterday's creme in it. Not terrible, but not nice either.

on 7/29/2014 6:26:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I love this product. I have very acne prone skin and it has yet to break me out, and provides a nice amount of coverage. Whenever I wear it my skin has a dewy glow about it which I really like as well.

The downside: The light/fair shade of this product is still rather dark. I recently was in the south and became quite tan (well tan for a very fair skinned girl) and this product matches my skin beautifully. However, this is far too dark a product for the fall and winter seasons. I love it so much for the summertime though, I just wish I could wear it year round.