Aveeno Clear Complexion BB Cream

2.8

Active Ingredients: Homosalate (5%, Sunscreen), Octinoxate (7.5%, Sunscreen), Octisalate (5%, Sunscreen), Oxybenzone (2%, Sunscreen) Inactive Ingredients: Water, PPG 3 Myristyl Ether Neoheptanoate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract, Butylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Palm Kernal Glycerides, Silica, PEG 100 Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Caprylyl Glycol, Isohexadecane, Bisabolol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Fragrance, Citric Acid, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Cetearyl Glucoside, Polysorbate 20, P Anisic Acid, Sodium C 14 16 Olefin Sulfonate, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides, Urea, Sodium PCA, Cetyl Hydroxyethylcellulose, Polysorbate 60, Xanthan Gum, Tetrasodium EDTA, Hexylene Glycol, Trehalose, Polyquaternium 51, Triacetin, Methylisothiazolinone, Sodium Hyaluronate, Titanium Dioxide, Mica, Iron Oxides

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Too dark for my skin, for reference, I match L'Oreal True Match N1, and Revlon Colorstay Buff. This is hard to blend, and it clumps up. Unnatural finish...I have oily skin and this makes my face look too shiny from the start. I even tried mixing it with my moisturizer and it didn't work out. Parts of it sit on the skin. Poor formulation!

After trying several BB creams, I keep coming back to this one. It is not perfect but it does the job. I may or may not buy another bottle, and I may switch to the tinted moisturizer from Aveeno. On days when I am just running a quick errand, or when I go for an early morning run, or when I'm not going to really leave my house, this is what I wear. I also wear it under foundation and other makeup. It provides better coverage than some BB creams, like Maybelline, though less than a couple of higher end ones (Becca, IT Cosmetics) that I have gotten to try. It doesn't break me out, cause redness, or make me greasy. The color I use, fair/light, is a touch darker than my skin tone, making for good coverage for minor blemishes. It makes my skin look more even overall. I like that it moisturizes slightly, and it seems to provide a good base for makeup application. It looks weird and sparkly when you first apply it in sunlight, but I let mine soak in for 5-15 minutes and it is fine. I wish it came in a greater range of colors. The bottle is small enough to fly with but it still lasts forever because of how little you need at each application, and the pump top is great. I do occasionally have it "roll up" when I apply it over Neutrogena's moisturizer with AHA, but that is the only time. I can see why a lot of people wouldn't like it, it is a thick texture and it is very limited in the color options.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I may have liked this when I was 13 but this no good for me now. Way too orange and way too many sparkles in it. Big sparkles. They highlight every large pore I have so I look luminous,... like the moon! Garnier's BB cream with salicylic acid is much much better.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

First I want to point out that, for the price, you're getting over twice the amount of most foundations.
Secondly, for a bb cream, this has great coverage, some days I don't even need concealer.
This would work better for people with dry skin but I have oily skin and I love it. I just buff in some powder after and I stays.
As for this being shimmery or orange: It does have a dewey finish, but can be changed with powder, and does look spatkly on your hands, but doesn't at all sparkle on he skin. It is more warm toned and the light/medium probably wouldn't suit extremely pale people. Although it is slightly off in color, it's not noticeable and, in my opinion, makes you look healthier.
Overall, amazing product. My skin used to be extremely acne prone and this did not break me out at all. It does have SPF (no flashback) and doubles as a moisturizer, which is great.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I actually thought I would hate this, and the first time I used it I did. My hands were orange and covered in heavy shimmer - by the end of the night my face was a bright red oily mess. But... I can't use foundation as a rule because they look cakey so I persevered. The key is... Use a primer. I know it defeats the object of using a BB cream, as I hoped to skip the primer step, but it prevents it from oxidizing and getting greasy. Although I do have oily skin, I've changed my cleanser and moisturizer and my skin is a lot more balanced so this doesn't make me oilier, but I don't expect it would work on very oily skin. Bonus, it hasn't set my acne off either, no breakouts. It is however sheer, despite being thick consistency, so I still need concealer. Overall, not bad for the $20 I paid in Shoppers.

I have combination, acne-prone skin that needs some coverage. I wanted a product that would moisturize the dry areas and not break out the oily areas while providing some coverage. This product didn't fill the bill. The coverage was not bad but not great either. It left my face very shiny and tacky after applying it. I figured that I'd leave it on awhile before I finished getting ready to see if it would dry a bit. It stayed tacky. I tried to apply some powder to cover the shine which was a big mistake as the powder stuck in the tacky mix and looked very cakey and unnatural. It felt sticky and I was afraid it would come off on my clothing.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Straight, Coarse

I purchased this about six months ago, stuck it way back on the shelf, found it the other day, and decided to give it another try. And I still really don't like it. It's oil free, but it is so incredibly greasy, and that's the last thing I want to put on my oily skin. It goes on somewhat thick, very greasy, is tough to blend in, offers minimal coverage (which I expected) and leaves me shining like a beacon in the night. I have to apply concealer afterward, and it's hard to get it to "stick" because the surface below it is so slick. I top it off with a dusting of baby powder, and before I've finished the rest of my face, the shiny glow is breaking through. So, this is a huge NO for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

If you are wearing this product now, I would highly advise you to not stand in the middle of traffic, as drivers may mistake you as a pylon. Seriously, this stuff is orange, like umpa lumpa orange (from the old Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, yeah it's that bad.) Plus, the actual formulation is bad. It is thick, and smells almost like paint, but more chalky. It takes a long time to blend over the face and sticks to dry spots. This is a very light coverage bb cream, all of my acne is visible through a orange cast. The only things that I like are, the bottle, the pump still hasn't broke, but that might be because of how rarely I use it. Also, there is a decent amount of SPF (30). I would not buy this product again, and would only recommend it to orange extraterrestrial beings from far away galaxies.

I really wanted to love this product. I am going camping and doing some travelling this summer, so I was looking for a good all in one product to take along, rather than 3 to 5 different products to cart around. This isn't an awful product, and it doesn't make me break out, which is great! However, the coverage is much to sheer for me. When I first put it on, it looks great! My skin is even, the colour is great, it's not too shiny. Then about an hour later, all the uneven patches of skin on my face (mostly acne scars) show through. I am contemplating mixing a little of my foundation into the BB cream for fuller coverage. I will report back on this.
I don't really regret buying this, even though it was a little pricey ($18 at Walmart in Alberta!) and it's not exactly what I am looking for. I will use it all again, but not likely to repurchase.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I have very oily, mature, skin and I suffer from mild to moderate acne.

I purchased this for cycle commuting. During the warmer months I cycle commute to work (16km/10mi each way), and I like something to even out my complexion a bit and add some SPF while on my bike.

My first impressions of the product were very ho-hum. I found it greasy and too shiny. It smelled okay, but it didn't go on really well with my fingers. It was very streaky. None-the-less, I figured it would offer some protection and was good enough for the ride to work.

Had I any idea what was about to come next I would have washed it off and used something else. About half way through my commute my eyes started to sting as if I had soap in them. I had started to perspire a bit, and the cream worked its way into my eyes. Fortunately I had water with me so I could wash the cream off my face and out of my eyes. My eyes felt as if they had an oily film in them for the rest of the ride in.

I do realize this isn't a "sport" cosmetic, and that it really wasn't suitable for the purpose I intended. But, a day out at the park with the family in August can result in much greater perspiration than my 5 am morning commute in May, so I have some pretty serious concerns about this product.