April 16, 2014 | 1570 users online

BB Cream - Aveeno - Clear Complexion BB Cream

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2014 1:05:00 PM More reviews by niveous

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Usually I love Aveeno products - I've been a loyal user of Aveeno sunscreens and cleansing products for years - but this was a disappointment. It's my first experience using a BB cream, so I suppose part of my expectations is a contributing factor, but I was not expecting this to look, work, and feel so much like liquid foundation. The product is very pigmented and does not go on lightly. Be careful to blend in all spots and corners or else you're left with orange streaks on your face. Plus, I understand the concept of a brightening cream, but the mica used could have been much finer and more subtle. Girls who have oily or combo sons, like me, beware - it's only been 3 hours since my application, but my face is already greasy and shiny (the brightening mica isn't helping, I'm sure). The only thing this has going for it is the light scent, characteristic of Aveeno products. I wanted so much to like this, but unfortunately it's going back to the store.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2014 1:39:00 PM More reviews by patootiecutie1988

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this product! This is my first experience with a BB cream and OMG did I mention that I love this?? My skin looks radiant, and not cakey like with 90% of the foundations that I've used. I did however use my Smashbox green face primer under it (I have a lot of redness in my face) and needed concealer for my pimples (yes eww) and under my eyes to hide the bags but other than that its great! Suits my complexion perfectly, not sure why this has gotten bad reviews!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/9/2014 4:11:00 PM More reviews by AAisheretowrite

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Pros:
light coverage
nice pump
somewhat moisturizing
spf

Cons:
a little does NOT go a long way (impossible to blend)
SUPER oily
sticky

I will not re purchase

rated 2 of 5 on 4/6/2014 5:34:00 PM More reviews by jenmoyen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This made my skin EXTREMELY oilyyyy, and it oxidized into my skin and made it look orange! This is a horrible bb cream, and I'll never repurchase it. If you have normal to combination skin, i would definitely stay away from this.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2014 8:07:00 PM More reviews by asmolkin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This has an spf 30 and won a chatelaine award. It does not say it is broad spectrum so I would not use it in the summer/spring . I have been working hard to take care of my skin after a massive sun exposure of tannning beds and carribean vacay (though I did limit the exposure to my face) from late 2012- valentines day 2013 by trying to really sun protect that face to get it back in its perfect shape it was before.

the cast is gray but it somehow works since it is a sunscreen and crates a glowy cast, the grey tone balances it. I wear it under makeup at all times even at night when I go to work. It is really thick. I dont love it under makeup but I figure its a bb cream and gives me some benefits, so I will use it up. Unless I am going somewhere special, I will skip this and opt for a lighter weight sunscreen. the key is to apply it like a lotion. the second you treat it remotely like a foundation (you know beauty blender, spounge, stipple, that sort of thing) you can bet this bb cream will look cakey. Even though coverage is light (since it is a bb cream), it will still look like light coverage and cakey, if you understand what I mean. Never a good look. so treat it like a lotion as akward as it may seem, since it is so thick. I don't know...I have jumped on the whole bb cream bandwagon, and since this is considered a blemish balm, even better for my skin type. But I don't know...it doesnt contain acne fighting ingredients like the clear complexion moisturizer cleanser and pads...so I dont like their tall claim that is really a blemish balm. I think it is good for blemish prone skin since it won't make it worse, but it certainly does not treat it, like the rest of the line does do (I cannot use the cleanser but the moisturizer is gorgeous and I took it with me on my so-called honeymoon cruise)...but anyway I digress

good product...my favorite time to use this is on the weekend in the morning rushing out to run a short errand....I slab this on, and then I add dabs of clinique universal primer over top, to sort of calm down the over sun protected look and make it look more neutalized...perfect skin, and out the door.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/13/2014 10:31:00 AM More reviews by jessicapereira1691

I really wanted to like this product, I have the Aveeno Clear Complexion Cleanser and Moisturizer and absolutely love love them. I do not have fair skin, I have light/medium skin, and this BB cream just made my face look orange it was bad. Also I have acne and it made it look very cakey which was a shock because I have used BB Creams and that has never happened only with foundations. Overall very disappointing.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2014 10:52:00 PM More reviews by miamc12321

Becore I found Garnier B.B. I bought this one first. I didn't switch to Garnier because I didn't like Aveeno. Far from it. I liked this product very much in fact. It gave my skin a nice feel and glow. The coverage honestly surprised me. I didn't expect it to cover my acne so well. All in all I was very pleased with this product. The only thing I didn't love about this product was the price. I switched to Garnier because it's cheaper and I honestly like both products the same. Both are wonderful.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/5/2014 10:55:00 PM More reviews by ReinaBlue

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This BB cream really didn't work out for me at all. I got the lightest shade and it still gave my pale face an ORANGE TINT, and it went on TOO THICK. It's like wearing foundation. The worst thing is probably the REALLY STRONG SUNSCREEN SMELL that wouldn't go away until my day was almost over. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone who is just looking for light, natural looking coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2014 11:49:00 PM More reviews by jcarte18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I recently purchased my second bottle of this product and I love it. I noticed that a lot of other reviewers have said it feels cakey/oily on their skin, but I have to wonder if they're using it properly. With this BB cream (as with any BB cream), a little goes a long way. If you use too much, it will definitely feel like too much. Just dab a *very* small amount onto the back of your hand and then apply it to your cheeks/forehead/chin and massage it in. Gives me great coverage and feels great.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2013 2:12:00 PM More reviews by SusieLouise

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I was surprised to see how many people wrote bad reviews for this product! I will start out by saying that it isn't the best thing that ever happened to me, but I am not at all disappointed by it. I noticed a lot of people said it went on oily and cakey and stayed greasy for them; this was not the case for me. I found it to be very creamy and have a nice, matte finish. I tend to have drier skin rather than oily, so perhaps that helped. I also noticed a lot of reviewers complain that this cream is too orange, and this was not the case for me either. I have fair skin with yellow undertones, and this bb did not turn orange on me at all. However, that isn't to say it perfectly matches my skin tone, because it doesn't. When I am in my bathroom, it looks great, but when I'm in natural light or fluorescent lighting, the coloring is a bit off. There are only two shade options, so that is a real bummer. If I use a lighter coat, and blend it well, followed by my mineral powder, it looks just fine. I have discovered that applying more than one layer is not an option with this bb, as that makes it look much more discolored on my skin. But the real thing that I love about this bb despite its flaws, is what it's been doing for my skin. I've only been using it for a few days, and already my skin looks so much more even and my blemish marks from past breakouts are fading really well. And no new eruptions since I've started using it! The name "Clear Complexion" really seems to be the truth! I have acne-prone skin, but its normally not too crazy and I can keep it under control. But for some reason, ever since about August, my skin has been a NON-STOP ANGRY VOLCANIC NIGHTMARE that I couldn't fix no matter what I tried >_< So this product has been a blessing for me! Aaaah sweet relief! Overall, I am very pleased with this product, I just wish they would make more shades!