Maybelline Color Whisper in Petal Rebel

3.6

on 1/24/2015 2:36:00 PM

The color whispers are a lip product I am sad to see u go. The formula is smooth and creamy and doesnt settle into fine lines. I almost never finish a lip product and i finished this last summer. I would not repurchase because I have so many pink lip products.

I like this lipstick it pretty good. it feels good but doesn't last long but I do like the color. it looks good on me.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

The color of this lipstick is great. It does not work for me in the winter when I am pale but in the summer, this cool toned light pink looks good with my tanned skin. The thing that absolutely sucks about this lipstick is its lasting power. It lasts less then an hour and even if I am not doing anything the color just magically wipes off.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

i like the texture of the lipstick. very silky. i like how it adds a little shine to the lips. but its a lipstick, its supposed to give color!! i am not a really big fan of the color.

I didn't like this product. It didn't layer well and wasn't enough color to me. I know that's the idea but still. I ended up not loving it. I definitely like it somewhat better with liner on with it tho. wouldn't repurchase and overall don't like the Whisper products or the Revlon butters. :/

on 5/21/2013 3:32:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This is me second color whisper (Lust for Blush was my first) and I have to say I like Petal Rebel about as much as Lust for Blush. On me, Petal Rebel provides a soft pop of cool toned pink without being loud or garish like other pinks of the same color family. I feel comfortable wearing it with no other makeup and likewise with a full face of makeup (although not perhaps a very deep smokey eye - I prefer a lighter pink like Lust for Blush for that). The only downside is that I noticed that like the L'Oreal color riche caresse lip colors, the color whispers tend to settle slightly into lip lines.

on 5/21/2013 1:50:00 AM

The reviewer before me couldn't have described it better. I have several colors from this line now, and just recently picked up Petal Rebel and wonder why I didn't swipe it up sooner. It is that perfect pink, not opaque, and honestly gives your face that glowy look. I can't say enough about this color! Lust For Blush is also on the top of the list for me...but all of the others are close behind. The texture of this line is wonderful. The only thing that would make this the perfect lip product for me would be lasting power, but I enjoy applying it; it's not a chore, it feels good gliding on. Highly recommend this line! Perfect for summer.

on 5/18/2013 10:06:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is the shade and formula that I've been searching for. Petal Rebel is the ultimate "my lips but better" lipstick. Even though it is a light blue-based pink, it is NOT opaque...and that is what I love about this shade! It's not at all frosty and is extremely comfortable on my lips. It's not greasy, sticky or heavy. This has become my go-to lippie because it imparts the prettiest pink glow on my lips.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

I have five of these and this is one of my favorites. It's a light cool toned bright baby pink. So gorgeous. I wear this as an every day pink and sometimes line my lips with Jordana's baby berry lip liner. The formula is easy to apply, feels glossy on the lips, not drying (not moisturizing either), buildable and pigmented. It is bright though, so be warned.

In this picture, left to right is MAC creme cup for reference, Lust for blush, petal rebel, pink possibilities, rose of attraction, and coral ambition. The swatches are very true to color.

Full Size Image

on 2/28/2013 8:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Petal Rebel was my first foray into the Color Whisper line. This color has been featured on the Maybelline model in magazine advertising. I do like it, but the color is much more sheer than on the model. I wasn't able to build it to the color in the ads. Just OK for a light, sheer wash of color that feels moisturizing.

Popular Lipsticks