December 22, 2014 | 1692 users online

BB Cream - Dr. Jart+ - Regenerating BB Beauty Balm

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2013 2:31:00 PM More reviews by melissapark196

I am a huge fan of BB CREAMS. This is a great winter one for when you skin is dryer, I have oily skin. very oily, and would not recommend this in the summer unless you have normal/dry skin, but in winter I use this blott with paper blotters about twice during the day and gives a beautiful medium coverage matches my NC15-20 nicely, and I wear BB creams pretty much daily because it is better for your skin. I recommend this, only could be better with oil control without being matte.
Natural dewy medium coverage 6-8 hour nice wear.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/24/2013 8:21:00 AM More reviews by rewound

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I found this BB very thick and cake-y. The coverage is similar to a heavy foundation, and visible if you're within speaking distance. The shade is very pale and grey-ish, although it did get a bit darker after a few minutes so it didn't look too kabuki. It is very shiny and emphasizes flaws so I usually used powder. I mainly used it for the SPF, but I'm not sure that it was effective, as usually the skin on my face is a bit paler than my neck, since I always use SPF on my face but less frequently on my neck, but after using this, my neck and face became a similar shade, although I used the product generously (only on my face).

The biggest issue I had with this is that after using it daily for a month or two, my fine lines got much worse and more widespread. Probably the powder contributed. After stopping using this, the fine lines have significantly diminished.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2013 4:10:00 PM More reviews by P83Wanad

Bought it as it was on offer in Boots, UK, down from 20 to 14 pounds. I got it as it promised to nourish the skin as well as covering redness, and I'm not disappointed. The tone suits my skin fairly well (a bit too pale perhaps) but you don't have to have a thick layer, even a sheer layer applied lightly with a brush provides a pretty decent coverage of red spots and it doesn't dry out or clings onto the dry patches, it definitely is a moisturiser as well as a foundation.

If it's too light for you, you can try and use less and blend it more, as well as using maybe some bronzing powder or a light coat of mineral foundation that suits your skin tone better to seal it. Bit of blush doesn't hurt either. It definitely provides the skin with brightness and moisture.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/18/2013 8:43:00 AM More reviews by Supersonic55

I was really excited about this product. it has a lot of good things about it. unfortunately for my skin type this made my face look grey and like i had painted white over brown skin - not a good look!

because it's expensive, I've tried to put a tiny amount into my regular cream but it still looks grey on my face.

If you have brown/olive tones think twice about this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/20/2013 10:09:00 AM More reviews by meru

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This doesn't break me out and has good coverage. However it oxidises on my face and makes my face look much darker after 4/5 hours of wear. However it does feel quite comfortable on the skin and gives a nice dewy finish.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2013 8:47:00 AM More reviews by Ancatje

I've got all 4 of the Dr Jart BB creams available in the UK and have been testing them all out for a while now.
The regenerist one is absolutely amazing and has saved me so much time in the morning!
I use this on its own, without putting a primer or moisturiser on first. You'll be glad to hear it gives very good coverage (almost medium, and can be built to medium!) - woohoo! I have redness and acne marks and other bits but with this, I can even skip concealer. I also put it under my eyes and skip concealer there as well, even though my dark circles are... well, dark. My dry-ish cheeks don't feel like they need more moisture after applying this on its own.
So this one product becomes my moisturiser, SPF (30 - perfect!), foundation, concealer and undereye concealer! So 5 in 1 !!! Not bad for a £20 product :) Not to say that that is cheap, but it's very good value for money.
The texture of this is a bit... sticky (for lack of a better word), as in, it's not runny like a foundation, but rather a bit thicker, almost like a primer. But if applied with your fingers (my preferred method), they'll warm up the product and ensure a smooth, even and non-cakey application. The finish is very natural and satiny, and even with the good coverage lets your natural skin shine through which means sometimes I even skip blush when I wear this and it still looks fine :)
It lasts all day on me, and while it doesn't control oil on my T-zone, it doesn't make it more oily than it is.
I'm glad to report the one shade they have matches my NC15 skin perfectly! (unlike their Water Fuse which is too dark)
All in all I'd buy this again and again!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/12/2013 6:18:00 AM More reviews by Debdeb123

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this when it was on offer at Boots. I don't hate it but I don't love it either.
I like that it has spf, and that it isn't too foundationy when I don't want a day of full make up but...
- It makes me pretty shiny so I have to put powder on, which I HATE!
- Once the powder is on (and I really try to use the bare minimum) I look older, duller, not so great.
- I still have to use a fair old bit of concealer on my spots when I use this.
- It says it doesn't rub off as easily as traditional cosmetics? I fell asleep on my boyfriends shoulder and it rubbed off onto his coat! I have never had that before!

So, no. I doubt I will buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2013 1:20:00 PM More reviews by prettycosmic

I purchased this during an 1/3 off offer at my local drug store. I'd been meaning to try a BB cream for a while, after seeing positive comments on Dr. Jart online, I thought this was the perfect time to take the plunge. I'm also a huge fan of asian beauty products, so I really wanted to try an actual asian BB cream, rather than a western one, which just seem to have "BB" slapped on them to try and ride the hype. Now I've never really been a foundation person, most just turn my combination skin into a patchy cakey flakey mess and even the palest shades offered are usually far too orange or pink for my super pale, neutral toned skin. I just generally don't like the feel or look of it on my face.

Taking all this into account, I do like this product, though it does miss the mark a tiny bit. The colour is perfect for my skin, with just the right amount of coverage to even up my skin tone, cover up any redness or blemishes, without looking caked and leaving tide marks. The SPF 30 is also a bonus, as I'm extremely rigorous when it comes to sun protection! The main thing I dislike about this product is it's not especially moisturising, it actually makes my skin a little tight and dry feeling. When I look closely in the mirror, the skin on my cheeks looks a little dry and wrinkled when I smile, something that doesn't happen when I have no product on! Wearing moisturiser under this helps with the feeling of dryness, but doesn't really help with the appearance, plus, I kind of thought one of the whole points of BB cream was being able to skip moisturiser? Ah well! One more negative point, at full price (£21) this is somewhat expensive, not as expensive as some other high end foundations, but still nothing to be sniffed at. The tube packaging is decent, nothing special, but does the job ok.

Having said all that, I believe this product has converted me into a "foundation person" (or a BB person at least) and I will probably continue to use this until I find a product I prefer.