FLOWER Beauty Powder Trip Pressed Powder Foundation

Talc, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Dimethicone, Zinc Stearate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Zeolite, Sorbic Acid, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tocopheryl Acetate, Butylparaben, BHT, Panthenol. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Ultramarines, Manganese Violet, Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Carmine, Chromium Oxide Greens, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Red 6, Red 7 Lake, Red 28 Lake, Red 30 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake, Blue 1 Lake.

on 4/22/2015 6:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Another disappointing product. I'm a NC20-25 and i used the shade pp4 which has a wonderful yellow tone to it; something you don't see often in the drugstore. Although I am oily, I am always reluctant to buy powders because of my horrible ompa-lompa experience with L'Oreal True Match. Lets get into the review:

Pros:
1)Colour: Again, the yellow tone of the powder is something that is hard to come by, so I appreciate the effort put in.
2)Texture: This is creamier than most liquids that I've felt. I genuinely believe that this IS triple pressed. It's slightly creamier than the True Match powder (for reference) and doesn't crumble apart or go all over the place when you place a brush into it. Most powders end up more on the floor than my face because of how powdery and crumbly they are, but not this one.
3)Wear: It wears nice and evenly and doesn't take much to blend out. It lasted about 5 hours on my oily/combo skin and layered well on itself when I needed to reapply. I also found that the brush that comes with this compact works well...but I still like to use my own :) BUT, it's one of the best brushes I've seen come with a product.
Cons:
1)Claims: The claim of this powder is that it is a foundation, but I don't think someone with flawless skin would even get ANY coverage from this. It's an average powder, and a good one none the less, but maybe it needs to be renamed from "foundation" to JUST "powder"
2)Packaging: The packaging is beautiful: white and rose-gold with a magnetic closure. BUT, I don't need a brush with this product. It's a little bulky in my purse and I found that the magnetic closure kept opening. It could have been better; maybe just a standard 'snap' compact.
3)Price: I bought this for $9 CAD which doesn't sound bad...but someone else on makeupalley did the math on this in terms of grams (oz)/price and came up with the ACTUAL price of this product compared to others and it equalled about $80. (it was written by Meriel65...she's much more eloquent about it). So it's pricey...and I don't like that...who does?
Overall: I guess I don;t like being mislead by a product and I especially don't like wasting money...this product did both.
As a setting powder this is amazing and luxurious, so if that's what you are looking for this is a great buy.
I'm not planning on repurchasing but will use up the remainder of the product

on 3/24/2015 8:20:00 PM

I intended to use this as a foundation because that's what it's supposed to be...but the coverage is so,so light. Even if you have perfect skin, it wouldn't do much for you. Instead I use it as a finishing powder, which it is excellent for. Nice yellow undertones, very fine texture, controls shine decently.

on 12/16/2014 2:35:00 PM

I had been using Neutrogena powder foundation...and had used that for years. But decided to try something different.

Will not go back to Neutrogena...this works and lasts much much better. I use Yes to Carrots CC cream first, then the Flower primer, and then this and it all works great. The only thing I have considered is since this has worked so well...if to give the bb cream in this line a try (which is suppose to replace the cc cream/primer).

But over all, I love it and it works great. Doesn't bother my acne or dry/combination skin.

on 12/11/2014 3:50:00 PM

I purchased the lightest shade available PP1 (nickname Casper) and it actually worked for me! The coverage was light however, I was able to add a little more to my problem areas. It provides a nice matte finish. I did not try the brush that came with it but used my own latex free cosmetic wedge.
Will be repurchasing at least two more of these soon one for makeup drawer and one to leave in purse for emergency hot man sightings. ;-)

on 12/1/2014 11:35:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Sorry I just don't like this as a powder foundation--I have really good skin, so I do not need much coverage at all, but this didn't impress me. It just looks flat, and dull on my face, like a bad cheap powder-- also no mirror in the compact?? --what a pain, having to carry a extra mirror to touch up your face--don't know what the makers were thinking with that!!!

on 10/29/2014 9:37:00 PM

I absolutely LOVE this product!! I had ran out of my MAC Studio Fix pressed powder and I was at Walmart and saw this product. I didn't recognize the brand but the price was decent and it looked like a good product so I decided to give it a try. I must say, I am replacing my MAC with this powder. With my MAC powder, I would have to touch up every few hours, but with this I notice I can go almost all day without fixing it! It doesn't get oily throughout the day, which I normally have a problem with. This powder is AMAZING, especially for the price!!

on 8/19/2014 10:57:00 PM

This is a very nice powder, can be used as a foundation or as a pressed powder over foundation. I use it over CG's Ready, Set, Gorgeous and it looks beautiful. I apply the foundation with the SK stippling brush and the powder with Elf's powder brush. To use as a foundation just about any brush should work. Nice and light for summer. I'm NW20 and use 110 in the foundation and PP1 in the powder

on 12/9/2013 12:27:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I have tried so many pressed powders including high end powder foundations. This has become my favorite go to pressed powder. I use it as a final step to set my other makeup. It has a gorgeous glow to it, but since it is, obviously a powder it does the job of mattifying an oily complexion but it does so without making you look dull. Flower's entire line seems to be mostly about keeping a glowy, dewy complexion, but you definitely need this product to keep "dewy" from turning to "oily" and it does a really great job.

Tip: don't think that your shade in the skincognito stick will necessarily match your shade in this powder. I am shade 4 in the stick but shade 3 in the powder. Interestingly enough, I am also shade 4 in the tinted moisturizer but I needed to go up to shade 3 for this product because when combined with the stick, the fourth shade really did turn too yellow. So you will have to play with it and experiment what combination of shades works best for your skin.

Tip number 2: for whatever reason, the powder LOOKS lighter in the pan than it does on your skin so be careful when choosing a shade.

on 11/20/2013 12:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I don't get the hype about this powder foundation from Flower Beauty. I usually use Prestige MultiTask Wet/Dry Powder Foundation but I ran out of it. I was at my local Wal-Mart the day I ran out and saw Flower's beautiful display, so I thought I will give it a try. I'm very fair and I picked the PP1 shade, which is a good match for me.

Overall, I didn't like this powder at all. When I first applied the powder in the morning the finish looked decent. Nothing great...just decent. As the day wore on, I would use it to touch up and it would cake up. It eventually gives a powdery mask look to my face that I don't like. It also feels heavy on my face that I couldn't wait to wash it off. The packaging is not practical because there is no mirror inside.

I had to return this powder at Wal-Mart the next day and went back to my favorite powder, Prestige MultiTask Wet/Dry Powder Foundation. I can touch up with it all day long and it never cakes up. The finish the powder gives is beautiful, light as air and flawless. I'm a makeup junkie and have tried a lot of powders foundations from cheap to expensive brands and Prestige is the best one I have found. I only have been able to find Prestige at Rite Aide but the quality is far superior for a drug store brand.

on 9/1/2013 1:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have never had such luck with drugstore powder in my life! I have always been afraid to get drugstore powder or foundation because it is so hard to get the right shade and also it could break you out or be a waste of money. But I was recommenced to this brand by a skin care person who I trust and I am so glad I got it.
I have shade PP3 and I just hit pan a few days ago. I use this every day over primer and I have to say, I am very pleased. I just swirl some onto my ECO Tools Retractable Kabuki brush, smooth it onto my face and go. I don't have the need to put foundation on or concealer with this. I do recommend using a primer since it is a powder and we do not want it fading or going onto your clothes. And it just helps it stay on longer without having to touch up.
It does look lighter in the pan then on the skin. I do not want to say that it oxidizes but after it goes on the skin, after a while it does get a tad darker. But a lot, it still looks fairly natural. I am definitely going to keep repurchasing this product and this is a definite staple to my everyday makeup routine. This product saves me so much time in the morning and doesn't look cakey or chalky all day.
The shade range isn't to large but there is at lease a couple powders for yellow undertones and a few for pink undertones. I like this product to much I want to try some more products in this line. Also if you do happen to not like it, it isn't like you spent $30 on it, its more like $8 or $9 so if it didn't work, it won't harm your wallet to much.