July 25, 2014 | 1811 users online

Powder - FLOWER Beauty - Powder Trip Pressed Powder Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2013 12:27:00 AM More reviews by River3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have tried so many pressed powders including high end powder foundations. This has become my favorite go to pressed powder. I use it as a final step to set my other makeup. It has a gorgeous glow to it, but since it is, obviously a powder it does the job of mattifying an oily complexion but it does so without making you look dull. Flower's entire line seems to be mostly about keeping a glowy, dewy complexion, but you definitely need this product to keep "dewy" from turning to "oily" and it does a really great job.

Tip: don't think that your shade in the skincognito stick will necessarily match your shade in this powder. I am shade 4 in the stick but shade 3 in the powder. Interestingly enough, I am also shade 4 in the tinted moisturizer but I needed to go up to shade 3 for this product because when combined with the stick, the fourth shade really did turn too yellow. So you will have to play with it and experiment what combination of shades works best for your skin.

Tip number 2: for whatever reason, the powder LOOKS lighter in the pan than it does on your skin so be careful when choosing a shade.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/20/2013 12:20:00 AM More reviews by AmeriGirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't get the hype about this powder foundation from Flower Beauty. I usually use Prestige MultiTask Wet/Dry Powder Foundation but I ran out of it. I was at my local Wal-Mart the day I ran out and saw Flower's beautiful display, so I thought I will give it a try. I'm very fair and I picked the PP1 shade, which is a good match for me.

Overall, I didn't like this powder at all. When I first applied the powder in the morning the finish looked decent. Nothing great...just decent. As the day wore on, I would use it to touch up and it would cake up. It eventually gives a powdery mask look to my face that I don't like. It also feels heavy on my face that I couldn't wait to wash it off. The packaging is not practical because there is no mirror inside.

I had to return this powder at Wal-Mart the next day and went back to my favorite powder, Prestige MultiTask Wet/Dry Powder Foundation. I can touch up with it all day long and it never cakes up. The finish the powder gives is beautiful, light as air and flawless. I'm a makeup junkie and have tried a lot of powders foundations from cheap to expensive brands and Prestige is the best one I have found. I only have been able to find Prestige at Rite Aide but the quality is far superior for a drug store brand.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2013 1:03:00 PM More reviews by Sweetheart7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have never had such luck with drugstore powder in my life! I have always been afraid to get drugstore powder or foundation because it is so hard to get the right shade and also it could break you out or be a waste of money. But I was recommenced to this brand by a skin care person who I trust and I am so glad I got it.
I have shade PP3 and I just hit pan a few days ago. I use this every day over primer and I have to say, I am very pleased. I just swirl some onto my ECO Tools Retractable Kabuki brush, smooth it onto my face and go. I don't have the need to put foundation on or concealer with this. I do recommend using a primer since it is a powder and we do not want it fading or going onto your clothes. And it just helps it stay on longer without having to touch up.
It does look lighter in the pan then on the skin. I do not want to say that it oxidizes but after it goes on the skin, after a while it does get a tad darker. But a lot, it still looks fairly natural. I am definitely going to keep repurchasing this product and this is a definite staple to my everyday makeup routine. This product saves me so much time in the morning and doesn't look cakey or chalky all day.
The shade range isn't to large but there is at lease a couple powders for yellow undertones and a few for pink undertones. I like this product to much I want to try some more products in this line. Also if you do happen to not like it, it isn't like you spent $30 on it, its more like $8 or $9 so if it didn't work, it won't harm your wallet to much.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2013 3:19:00 AM More reviews by CCR1021

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Wow! I was a little apprehensive, but I decided to try this after unsatisfied with Revlon colorstay powder. The Revlon powder gave me a great matte but I noticed I would have to reapply bc my face would get oily and shiny. With this Flower beauty powder, I don't have to worry about becoming oily and shiny all day! I use to to lock in my liquid foundation (Revlon colorstay for combination skin). I apply with a powder brush, not the rinky dink one that comes with it. Where the brush sits there's a gold color area which I use as a mirror if I don't have one. Sticking to this powder for sure! I tend to get sweaty and it lasts through my light-med sweaty spells. Don't know about full on sweating though, but I think at that point is just wash my face.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2013 2:56:00 PM More reviews by AndreaJunelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This powder is wonderful. I've experienced a few hits and a few misses so far with this "Flower" line at Walmart so didn't have my expectations too high when I bought this, but the Powder Trip Powder Fndtn has become my favorite FLOWER purchase to-date :)

For reference I'm almost 31y/o, my skin type is oily, my skin tone is fair (I would be between MAC SFF shades NC10 & NC15 ATM - I also wear shade # 15 in Makeup Forever Mat Velvet+ and Siberia in NARS) my undertones are mostly neutral but lean ever so slightly warm/yellow. Also I am very clog-prone (flesh colored bumps and blackheads) & semi acne prone.

I recently read that my beloved Maybelline PureStay Powder Foundation is soon getting discontinued so I began my hunt for a reasonably priced replacement. My first try was Milani MultiTasker and while I like it, it's not my holy grail of powder foundations. My next to try was this and after 2 wks of use now I can indeed say that I'm in love.
For me, foundations need to meet 3 criteria or they're getting returned back to the store or swapped away without a second chance:
1. No oxidizing or slipping/sliding off my oily skin/turning patchy
2. No causing clogs, breakouts, or blackheads
3. Needs to have a shade match light enough for my pale-ness

This meets and exceeds those "needs" :) Powder Trip isn't an oil controlling *gem* or anything, but keeps my oil in check for a fair amount of time without making me look ultra matte (not a good look for me lol).
It hasn't given me any issues with breakouts, and the lightest shade PT01 is a decent match. it does look like it leans a little pink when I look at it in the pan but on my skin it's more neutral. (For reference, I did notice in the store that the 2nd lightest shade appeared to be only a tiny tad darker but with very noticeable yellow undertones, perfect for those who are fair complected like me but need yellow toned products!).

The coverage is light-medium on me with every brush I've tried to-date (favorite brushes are Real Techniques Buffing & RiteAid Renewal Face Powder Brush) --but if I use my beauty blender or a regular 'ol wedge sponge I'm easily able to achieve full-on medium coverage, and with *zero* cakey-ness or powdery-ness. Awesome right?!

If you're someone who needs fullest of full coverage though then you will likely use this as a setting powder. (I've used it alone as well as over foundations/BB creams like a setting powder at this point and feel like it works very well both ways).

&The powder itself applies like a creamy dream. The talc is *very* finely milled and overall, it totally feels like it's worth more than $10 (which is approximately what I paid for it)
I only have two complaints for it and they're very, VERY minor - Of course the compact has no mirror, which sucks if you don't have a mirror on-hand to apply. &My other complaint is the brush it comes with, it's useless.. It works for dabbing a little powder on one spot, but is not realistic for using over ones entire face, in my personal opinion :) I'll probably keep the brush in there for a little while then replace it with a mini puff or sponge of sorts..

So far my favorite way of using this is either alone or applied lightly over Tarte's BB Primer. I've been applying with a large puff or beauty blender and can't believe that I look absolutely airbrushed (this is an amazing feat in itself with my jumbo sized pores lol) -It also *seems* to keep oil at bay longer when I dab it on with puffs/wedges/beautyblender.

So with all of that being said, if this were a high end powder sold at department stores I would easily pay more than $10 USD for it without giving a second thought. For me, it's been simply outstanding, a great value, and a powder I will not be going without!

I highly recommend and will absolutely repurchase :)

**edited to UPDATE October 10,2013**
I'm still obsessing over this powder. I use it daily, whether I use it alone or overtop of a light-medium coverage liquid to achieve full coverage.
I've hit the pan on my original compact, purchased my second, and am going to begin the new one any day now! :)
After using it for this long, I feel it's 100% safe for me to say that for me this does not irritate my skin or cause me any breakouts whatsoever (clogs, acne, or blackheads) -which makes me love it even more!
Overall, I still love it just as much as when I initially wrote my review (maybe more :D), would still highly recommend, &when I finish this new one that I recently purchased, I'll definitely purchase my third without hesitation. Holy Grail product alert for me! <3 <3

18 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2013 9:21:00 PM More reviews by CookieMonstersHoor

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've been looking for a more reasonably priced powder foundation with which to replace Target's NP Set. This is probably it for me. The shade match is dead on for me. I'm a MAC C4 and found a good match in this line. The coverage is better than NP Set or most DS powder foundations, although it's not heavy coverage. It has a finish that isn't powdery dry or one that gets oily looking quickly. I find it way better than anything else in the drugstore and, at about $10, it's a deal.
If there's one thing I don't like about this product, it's the compact, but that's really minor. It's bulky and dated looking. Also, I would never apply powder foundation with a brush like the one that's included (which is more of a blush brush). I replaced it with a cosmetic sponge.
While I really don't like some of the products from this line (especially the lip butter), this one's a keeper.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2013 6:03:00 PM More reviews by uraznbabygurl

I took off 1 lippie because it really isn't a powder foundation. I achieved sheer-light coverage even when I applied this with a flat top powder brush. If you can accept that this is really a setting powder, then I think you may like this product. I'm really impressed with the texture. It is very soft and finely milled, which is something that I hardly experience with drugstore powders. I have oily skin and bought both this powder and the loose powder within the brand. I find that this kept my face fresh-looking for longer than the loose powder. Needless to say, I'm keeping this one and returning the loose powder.

As with the rest of the Flower line, the packaging is very pretty. The brush is also functional. I use it to lightly dust the powder after applying the liquid foundation. I know that there were some complaints that this doesn't have a mirror. However, there is a reflective surface right under the brush compartment. It does give a golden tinge compared to what you see in a normal mirror, but it works just fine to see where you're applying the powder.

For reference, I'm about NC25/27, NARS Fiji, Flower About Face in LP4. I bought PP3, and it seems to blend in with my skintone just fine. I'm thinking that I could probably get away with PP4 as well, since the product is so sheer.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No