December 20, 2014 | 954 users online

Powder - FLOWER Beauty - Powder Trip Pressed Powder Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2014 2:35:00 PM More reviews by berryparfait

I had been using Neutrogena powder foundation...and had used that for years. But decided to try something different.

Will not go back to Neutrogena...this works and lasts much much better. I use Yes to Carrots CC cream first, then the Flower primer, and then this and it all works great. The only thing I have considered is since this has worked so well...if to give the bb cream in this line a try (which is suppose to replace the cc cream/primer).

But over all, I love it and it works great. Doesn't bother my acne or dry/combination skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2014 3:50:00 PM More reviews by tsmith4

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I purchased the lightest shade available PP1 (nickname Casper) and it actually worked for me! The coverage was light however, I was able to add a little more to my problem areas. It provides a nice matte finish. I did not try the brush that came with it but used my own latex free cosmetic wedge.
Will be repurchasing at least two more of these soon one for makeup drawer and one to leave in purse for emergency hot man sightings. ;-)

rated 1 of 5 on 12/1/2014 11:35:00 PM More reviews by dall1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Sorry I just don't like this as a powder foundation--I have really good skin, so I do not need much coverage at all, but this didn't impress me. It just looks flat, and dull on my face, like a bad cheap powder-- also no mirror in the compact?? --what a pain, having to carry a extra mirror to touch up your face--don't know what the makers were thinking with that!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2014 9:37:00 PM More reviews by sarasupuhfly

I absolutely LOVE this product!! I had ran out of my MAC Studio Fix pressed powder and I was at Walmart and saw this product. I didn't recognize the brand but the price was decent and it looked like a good product so I decided to give it a try. I must say, I am replacing my MAC with this powder. With my MAC powder, I would have to touch up every few hours, but with this I notice I can go almost all day without fixing it! It doesn't get oily throughout the day, which I normally have a problem with. This powder is AMAZING, especially for the price!!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2014 10:57:00 PM More reviews by againagain

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a very nice powder, can be used as a foundation or as a pressed powder over foundation. I use it over CG's Ready, Set, Gorgeous and it looks beautiful. I apply the foundation with the SK stippling brush and the powder with Elf's powder brush. To use as a foundation just about any brush should work. Nice and light for summer. I'm NW20 and use 110 in the foundation and PP1 in the powder

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2013 12:27:00 AM More reviews by River3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have tried so many pressed powders including high end powder foundations. This has become my favorite go to pressed powder. I use it as a final step to set my other makeup. It has a gorgeous glow to it, but since it is, obviously a powder it does the job of mattifying an oily complexion but it does so without making you look dull. Flower's entire line seems to be mostly about keeping a glowy, dewy complexion, but you definitely need this product to keep "dewy" from turning to "oily" and it does a really great job.

Tip: don't think that your shade in the skincognito stick will necessarily match your shade in this powder. I am shade 4 in the stick but shade 3 in the powder. Interestingly enough, I am also shade 4 in the tinted moisturizer but I needed to go up to shade 3 for this product because when combined with the stick, the fourth shade really did turn too yellow. So you will have to play with it and experiment what combination of shades works best for your skin.

Tip number 2: for whatever reason, the powder LOOKS lighter in the pan than it does on your skin so be careful when choosing a shade.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 11/20/2013 12:20:00 AM More reviews by AmeriGirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't get the hype about this powder foundation from Flower Beauty. I usually use Prestige MultiTask Wet/Dry Powder Foundation but I ran out of it. I was at my local Wal-Mart the day I ran out and saw Flower's beautiful display, so I thought I will give it a try. I'm very fair and I picked the PP1 shade, which is a good match for me.

Overall, I didn't like this powder at all. When I first applied the powder in the morning the finish looked decent. Nothing great...just decent. As the day wore on, I would use it to touch up and it would cake up. It eventually gives a powdery mask look to my face that I don't like. It also feels heavy on my face that I couldn't wait to wash it off. The packaging is not practical because there is no mirror inside.

I had to return this powder at Wal-Mart the next day and went back to my favorite powder, Prestige MultiTask Wet/Dry Powder Foundation. I can touch up with it all day long and it never cakes up. The finish the powder gives is beautiful, light as air and flawless. I'm a makeup junkie and have tried a lot of powders foundations from cheap to expensive brands and Prestige is the best one I have found. I only have been able to find Prestige at Rite Aide but the quality is far superior for a drug store brand.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2013 1:03:00 PM More reviews by Sweetheart7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have never had such luck with drugstore powder in my life! I have always been afraid to get drugstore powder or foundation because it is so hard to get the right shade and also it could break you out or be a waste of money. But I was recommenced to this brand by a skin care person who I trust and I am so glad I got it.
I have shade PP3 and I just hit pan a few days ago. I use this every day over primer and I have to say, I am very pleased. I just swirl some onto my ECO Tools Retractable Kabuki brush, smooth it onto my face and go. I don't have the need to put foundation on or concealer with this. I do recommend using a primer since it is a powder and we do not want it fading or going onto your clothes. And it just helps it stay on longer without having to touch up.
It does look lighter in the pan then on the skin. I do not want to say that it oxidizes but after it goes on the skin, after a while it does get a tad darker. But a lot, it still looks fairly natural. I am definitely going to keep repurchasing this product and this is a definite staple to my everyday makeup routine. This product saves me so much time in the morning and doesn't look cakey or chalky all day.
The shade range isn't to large but there is at lease a couple powders for yellow undertones and a few for pink undertones. I like this product to much I want to try some more products in this line. Also if you do happen to not like it, it isn't like you spent $30 on it, its more like $8 or $9 so if it didn't work, it won't harm your wallet to much.

10 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2013 3:19:00 AM More reviews by CCR1021

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Wow! I was a little apprehensive, but I decided to try this after unsatisfied with Revlon colorstay powder. The Revlon powder gave me a great matte but I noticed I would have to reapply bc my face would get oily and shiny. With this Flower beauty powder, I don't have to worry about becoming oily and shiny all day! I use to to lock in my liquid foundation (Revlon colorstay for combination skin). I apply with a powder brush, not the rinky dink one that comes with it. Where the brush sits there's a gold color area which I use as a mirror if I don't have one. Sticking to this powder for sure! I tend to get sweaty and it lasts through my light-med sweaty spells. Don't know about full on sweating though, but I think at that point is just wash my face.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2013 2:56:00 PM More reviews by AndreaJunelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This powder is wonderful. I've experienced a few hits and a few misses so far with this "Flower" line at Walmart so didn't have my expectations too high when I bought this, but the Powder Trip Powder Fndtn has become my favorite FLOWER purchase to-date :)

For reference I'm almost 31y/o, my skin type is oily, my skin tone is fair (I would be between MAC SFF shades NC10 & NC15 ATM - I also wear shade # 15 in Makeup Forever Mat Velvet+ and Siberia in NARS) my undertones are mostly neutral but lean ever so slightly warm/yellow. Also I am very clog-prone (flesh colored bumps and blackheads) & semi acne prone.

I recently read that my beloved Maybelline PureStay Powder Foundation is soon getting discontinued so I began my hunt for a reasonably priced replacement. My first try was Milani MultiTasker and while I like it, it's not my holy grail of powder foundations. My next to try was this and after 2 wks of use now I can indeed say that I'm in love.
For me, foundations need to meet 3 criteria or they're getting returned back to the store or swapped away without a second chance:
1. No oxidizing or slipping/sliding off my oily skin/turning patchy
2. No causing clogs, breakouts, or blackheads
3. Needs to have a shade match light enough for my pale-ness

This meets and exceeds those "needs" :) Powder Trip isn't an oil controlling *gem* or anything, but keeps my oil in check for a fair amount of time without making me look ultra matte (not a good look for me lol).
It hasn't given me any issues with breakouts, and the lightest shade PT01 is a decent match. it does look like it leans a little pink when I look at it in the pan but on my skin it's more neutral. (For reference, I did notice in the store that the 2nd lightest shade appeared to be only a tiny tad darker but with very noticeable yellow undertones, perfect for those who are fair complected like me but need yellow toned products!).

The coverage is light-medium on me with every brush I've tried to-date (favorite brushes are Real Techniques Buffing & RiteAid Renewal Face Powder Brush) --but if I use my beauty blender or a regular 'ol wedge sponge I'm easily able to achieve full-on medium coverage, and with *zero* cakey-ness or powdery-ness. Awesome right?!

If you're someone who needs fullest of full coverage though then you will likely use this as a setting powder. (I've used it alone as well as over foundations/BB creams like a setting powder at this point and feel like it works very well both ways).

&The powder itself applies like a creamy dream. The talc is *very* finely milled and overall, it totally feels like it's worth more than $10 (which is approximately what I paid for it)
I only have two complaints for it and they're very, VERY minor - Of course the compact has no mirror, which sucks if you don't have a mirror on-hand to apply. &My other complaint is the brush it comes with, it's useless.. It works for dabbing a little powder on one spot, but is not realistic for using over ones entire face, in my personal opinion :) I'll probably keep the brush in there for a little while then replace it with a mini puff or sponge of sorts..

So far my favorite way of using this is either alone or applied lightly over Tarte's BB Primer. I've been applying with a large puff or beauty blender and can't believe that I look absolutely airbrushed (this is an amazing feat in itself with my jumbo sized pores lol) -It also *seems* to keep oil at bay longer when I dab it on with puffs/wedges/beautyblender.

So with all of that being said, if this were a high end powder sold at department stores I would easily pay more than $10 USD for it without giving a second thought. For me, it's been simply outstanding, a great value, and a powder I will not be going without!

I highly recommend and will absolutely repurchase :)

**edited to UPDATE October 10,2013**
I'm still obsessing over this powder. I use it daily, whether I use it alone or overtop of a light-medium coverage liquid to achieve full coverage.
I've hit the pan on my original compact, purchased my second, and am going to begin the new one any day now! :)
After using it for this long, I feel it's 100% safe for me to say that for me this does not irritate my skin or cause me any breakouts whatsoever (clogs, acne, or blackheads) -which makes me love it even more!
Overall, I still love it just as much as when I initially wrote my review (maybe more :D), would still highly recommend, &when I finish this new one that I recently purchased, I'll definitely purchase my third without hesitation. Holy Grail product alert for me! <3 <3

21 out of 22 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No