July 31, 2014 | 1030 users online

Styling Products - LUSH - Sea Spray

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2014 4:18:00 PM More reviews by wixter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got a small bottle of this from a friend. She didn't like it, so she gave it to me.

When I had longer hair, this wasn't my favorite. It gave my hair knots. Do not want! On my shoulder length hair, this works wonderful. I use this the day before I wash my hair. My hair by then is really flat. This revives my curls and gives my hair some volume.

I noticed that people were commenting on the scent. Although it is strong, it dissipated after an hour for me. I wore perfume with this and the two scents did not clash. The smell to me is of grapefruits. Lovely!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2013 10:08:00 AM More reviews by HeatherDiva

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The "gel" aspect of this product ended up being too heavy for my fine hair. Didn't really bring out the waves since it was weighing them down. I do like the scent, assertive as it is, but my quest for the perfect beach hair spray continues.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/9/2013 2:15:00 PM More reviews by J817net

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The LUSH salesperson sprayed and fluffed up my fine, straight hair with Sea Spray and the look was decent so I bought it. It was heavily scented, but I thought it would fade, or I would get used to it. Fast forward to the next day, when I sprayed it on my clean, wet hair and let it air dry. The scent was so powerful and unpleasant to me. I hoped it would dissipate more after my hair was fully dry. It barely faded, so I would say if you enjoy this grapefruit scent and want it to last, use this product. I could not stand the fragrance, and I returned it. I would try it again if it came in a different fragrance, or unscented.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2013 12:20:00 AM More reviews by poonamguinn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My hair will never love with our this product. If you have wavy curly hair get this. First apply Lush's R&B after you wash and condition, then apply this over it. It's perfect to keep in your bag to use freshen up your hair!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2013 5:51:00 PM More reviews by al218

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

because the guy chopped my hair off, I'm trying not to use heat products to it won't get damaged or break. this is great to just spray in and twirl my hair to make it wavy. now if it would only add the 2 inches back i'd be thrilled.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/13/2013 1:17:00 AM More reviews by Lewellenkelli

I have fine straight hair down to my lower back, so this didn't work for me. I didn't like the smell to much either. To floral. If you have short hair it would probably work better otherwise its a low hold spray.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2013 11:34:00 PM More reviews by JmeCass

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

LOVE the scent, reminds me of something but quite figure it out. It is more perfumey than some may like. I tend to not wear a perfume when I wear this since I don't want to overdo it. Not sure if this would do much for straight hair but my hair has a natural wave to it. I wave my hair, scrunch it with this stuff and spray some hairspray. Then if I need a pick me up midday I just use water and scrunch my hair. The nozzle is a bit direct, wish it was more of a mist but just a small thing really. I just hold it out further from my head. Great beachy look and scent.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/12/2013 7:29:00 PM More reviews by nickynicht

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really, really wanted to like this spray. I've been looking for a decent hair spray with an equally decent smell to it and this product seemed to fit the bill. The scent is sweet and fruity, and it has a good hold--you really don't need to use more than a spritz to keep hair in place. However, it leaves a weird, oily film and feels kind of greasy when you go to brush it out. My hair never looks particularly clean whenever I attempt to use it. Unfortunate, because I did fully enjoy the smell and thought it'd be perfect for spring and summer.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/29/2013 2:59:00 AM More reviews by cahall2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is supposed to replace The Big Tease, which they aren't making anymore. I'm sad. It just does not work for me as well as that product did. My hair is long, fine in texture but I have a lot of it, and it's wavy (but in a weird, uneven pattern) and it tends to frizz if I'm not careful.
This product smells good, but it just seems to exacerbate the frizz without giving me a lot in terms of helping to even out the wave pattern, or even really volume. It definitely adds texture, but just not really the texture I want.

I don't want to take it back, so I keep playing with it to figure out how it can work best; I always have to brush it out because it makes my hair sticky, but then after I brush it out it leaves some hold and the nice scent...so...I guess it's okay?

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2013 11:25:00 AM More reviews by LauraW74

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really, really like this stuff.

My hair is chest-length, and naturally relaxed and quite straight. I wouldn't use this on just my naturally dried hair, I don't think much would happen.

But when I go sleep with damp hair I separate it in four sections that I twist into buns, and then brush them out in the morning for big, fluffy waves. When I got this stuff I put it on day-old, pre-waved hair and it added some nice texture and hold, also helping some sections stay out of my face.

I also slept on it again that night (I don't wash my hair much), putting my dry hair into two buns, applying just a couple more sprays. The next day, my hair was so fluffy even though it had only been in two buns and was totally dry. It was so fluffy, volumized, and much more textured than usual! The SA told me it works best if you leave it in for a while before styling, like if you put your hair in braids and then comb them out. I used buns, but she was definitely right!

Last night I decided to try spraying this on my damp hair before putting it in the four buns... This did not work out. Volume overload, very poodle-y. Maybe I'll try again with two buns and wet hair, or four and dry hair. But two buns with dry hair definitely works! I guess my point with this is that you have to figure out what's right for you based on hair type.

I have a little criticism about the packaging, as I think the bottle spray is too direct, making it difficult to disperse evenly. But I use a boar's hair brush and I think that helps spread it out over my hair. Also I find the smell to be very bitter at first, but it fades after initially spraying it on, and it's definitely growing on me.

I know this is a long, thorough review - I hope it helps!

I think I'm going to be using this stuff up very quickly!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No