LUSH Sea Spray

3.6

on 5/2/2015 5:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have extremely fine/thin hair (type 2a, wavy hair!), so, too much product = zero volume.
I like this. If I wash my hair as per usual, and spray this into my hair when damp + dry, it makes my hair wavier/curlier! it is expensive though, and much product is required.
My method for more curls, including this product:
1: schampoo+condition as usual
2: Get out of shower and scrunch ALOT
3: plunking my hair with a long-sleeve shirt for more volume and waves.
4: when damp, apply seaspray
5: When dry, apply seaspray if needed.
Done!

on 4/21/2015 11:38:00 AM

I purchased this product in the hope that it would tame my curly/wavy/frizzy hair. It did do this which is great however I did find downfalls with it. I have to say that I generally straighten my hair but sometimes I just can't be bothered with the effort that takes to wanted this product to use on the days that I can't be bothered.

I would wash my hair and then towel dry it and get as much water out of it as possible, i would then spray this product into my hair and leave my hair to air dry (mainly over night). When I wake up my hair is generally tamed and is curly. I do find that I have to use other products to tame my baby hairs when I tie my hair up. So the product did what I wanted it to do.

However, the packaging is not great, the bottle itself is great, not to big and not to small and is easy to hold, but the spray in the bottle is awful. Instead of spraying it just squirts out in one line so does not spray over your hair. Im not sure if this is due to the design on the bottle or the bottle being blocked (although I have washed the spray part out and it works with water). Therefore to use this product I used to spray it into my hands and then scrunch it through my hair but not I pour a small amount into a different spray bottle and use this that way.

The main complaint that I have with the product is the smell. On the bottle is says about smelling of fruits etc but mine doesn't, and smells like savelon cream. (If any knows that this cream smells like you will know its not a smell you want for your hair). I almost stopped using this product due to the smell and feel that it does leave the smell in your hair until you wash it again. I have got round this be using other products on my hair at the same time to counter act the smell.

Overall I like this product for what it does to my hair but the smell has out me off repurchasing it again.

I have a video review of this product which you can watch here.

on 4/12/2015 8:43:00 PM

I just tried this spray and I love love love it!!! I used this with the Lush Curly Wurly shampoo and I love them both. I find normally when I apply curl creams, sprays or mousse and air dry my hair, it usually gets frizzy and I end up with mediocre waves that are flat by the next day. Normally my hair feels dirty because theirs so much product. With this though I'm surprised that I don't have any frizz and the spray is so light, it doesn't feel dirty. It also smells really nice. Will definitely buy again, just wish they had bigger bottles.

on 3/4/2015 8:13:00 PM

This stuff is amazing for achieving beach waves when u get out of the shower towel dry hair to get out excess moisture and put a leave in conditioner at the ends of your hair spray this sea spray scrunch your hair and braid and you wake up with beautiful beach waves

I really like this product. The smell is different in the bottle than after it's used. In the bottle it has a more intense smell, but once it's on my hair it is light, floral, sweet, and slightly powdery. I love it. I've tried this on my hair both dry and wet, and I have to say that I prefer using it on my hair wet. I defines my natural waves (my hair is quite long and fine) beautifully and when it dries it doesn't give me that weird, gelled look a lot of products for waves or curls give. The result on my dry hair is similar, but using it while it's wet defines my waves better. I haven't experienced it making my hair look or feel greasy or heavy. It does require a couple sprays during the day for upkeep, but I don't mind at all because of the smell. :)

The only thing I really do not like about this product is how it functions in its packaging. With the seaweed extract in the spray, it seems to build up inside the spray tube and nozzle and pressure accumulates. I can get about three sprays before nothing else will come out, and the spray is more like a jet than a mist. I tried cleaning out the nozzle but to no avail. I used a spray cap from another product to finish my hair today, but the fact that I have to do that is really disappointing. Lush should make the tube and nozzle bigger somehow to avoid it gunking up so easily.

Despite the packaging, I still love this product and would absolutely buy it again. It works very well on my hair and doesn't make it feel dry and gross. Definitely worth the $12.95 for a kind of small bottle for what it does for my hair! :)

on 12/3/2014 9:17:00 AM

I use this spray to tame my baby hairs because I have fine, thin and natural curls at the lower part of my hair. And I almost always tie my hair into a sleek ponytail. When I sprayed it on my curls, I suddenly had big, wavy curls and everyone kept asking if it was digi permed. Then I started wearing my hair down on weekends or even after the workday when I unwind with friends. This sea salt spray is what I have been looking for. No dryness, no flaking and hair stays kempt but flexible still. Problem is, it always runs out in their stores. Next time I see one, I might just get at least 3 bottles to be sure.

on 11/14/2014 9:50:00 PM

I really love this sea salt spray. It's def the nicest one I've used. I also love Marc Anthony's version but I am obsessed with lush lol I just hateeeee the price because you don't really get much and I wanted to use it everyday but I knew I wouldn't be able to justify buying this so much for what it costs. (I think it's 12 or $13 for almost a smaller size than the small shampoo bottles) you don't need very much of this which is nice, and I felt as if I could reapply throughout the day without it getting to funky, though it does have gel in it so you can still overdo it.

on 9/17/2014 9:34:00 PM

LOVE this salt spray. My hair is fine and way too smooth, and this product allows it to grab and style without getting grungy. Besides, I would buy it for the smell alone.

on 8/7/2014 1:00:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This works really well for shaping my waves and also has some hold, but I've learned it's too....grimy....for everyday use. It builds up A LOT and my hair gets frizzy if I use it all the time. It's LUSH so the fragrance is strong. To me it's pretty much just neroli which always smells like old-school suntan lotion. I like it in the summer but it might be too much for winter.

on 1/22/2014 4:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I got a small bottle of this from a friend. She didn't like it, so she gave it to me.

When I had longer hair, this wasn't my favorite. It gave my hair knots. Do not want! On my shoulder length hair, this works wonderful. I use this the day before I wash my hair. My hair by then is really flat. This revives my curls and gives my hair some volume.

I noticed that people were commenting on the scent. Although it is strong, it dissipated after an hour for me. I wore perfume with this and the two scents did not clash. The smell to me is of grapefruits. Lovely!

Video Reviews & Tutorials