LUSH Sea Spray

3.4

I really like this product. The smell is different in the bottle than after it's used. In the bottle it has a more intense smell, but once it's on my hair it is light, floral, sweet, and slightly powdery. I love it. I've tried this on my hair both dry and wet, and I have to say that I prefer using it on my hair wet. I defines my natural waves (my hair is quite long and fine) beautifully and when it dries it doesn't give me that weird, gelled look a lot of products for waves or curls give. The result on my dry hair is similar, but using it while it's wet defines my waves better. I haven't experienced it making my hair look or feel greasy or heavy. It does require a couple sprays during the day for upkeep, but I don't mind at all because of the smell. :)

The only thing I really do not like about this product is how it functions in its packaging. With the seaweed extract in the spray, it seems to build up inside the spray tube and nozzle and pressure accumulates. I can get about three sprays before nothing else will come out, and the spray is more like a jet than a mist. I tried cleaning out the nozzle but to no avail. I used a spray cap from another product to finish my hair today, but the fact that I have to do that is really disappointing. Lush should make the tube and nozzle bigger somehow to avoid it gunking up so easily.

Despite the packaging, I still love this product and would absolutely buy it again. It works very well on my hair and doesn't make it feel dry and gross. Definitely worth the $12.95 for a kind of small bottle for what it does for my hair! :)

on 12/3/2014 9:17:00 AM

I use this spray to tame my baby hairs because I have fine, thin and natural curls at the lower part of my hair. And I almost always tie my hair into a sleek ponytail. When I sprayed it on my curls, I suddenly had big, wavy curls and everyone kept asking if it was digi permed. Then I started wearing my hair down on weekends or even after the workday when I unwind with friends. This sea salt spray is what I have been looking for. No dryness, no flaking and hair stays kempt but flexible still. Problem is, it always runs out in their stores. Next time I see one, I might just get at least 3 bottles to be sure.

on 11/14/2014 9:50:00 PM

I really love this sea salt spray. It's def the nicest one I've used. I also love Marc Anthony's version but I am obsessed with lush lol I just hateeeee the price because you don't really get much and I wanted to use it everyday but I knew I wouldn't be able to justify buying this so much for what it costs. (I think it's 12 or $13 for almost a smaller size than the small shampoo bottles) you don't need very much of this which is nice, and I felt as if I could reapply throughout the day without it getting to funky, though it does have gel in it so you can still overdo it.

on 9/17/2014 9:34:00 PM

LOVE this salt spray. My hair is fine and way too smooth, and this product allows it to grab and style without getting grungy. Besides, I would buy it for the smell alone.

on 8/7/2014 1:00:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This works really well for shaping my waves and also has some hold, but I've learned it's too....grimy....for everyday use. It builds up A LOT and my hair gets frizzy if I use it all the time. It's LUSH so the fragrance is strong. To me it's pretty much just neroli which always smells like old-school suntan lotion. I like it in the summer but it might be too much for winter.

on 1/22/2014 4:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I got a small bottle of this from a friend. She didn't like it, so she gave it to me.

When I had longer hair, this wasn't my favorite. It gave my hair knots. Do not want! On my shoulder length hair, this works wonderful. I use this the day before I wash my hair. My hair by then is really flat. This revives my curls and gives my hair some volume.

I noticed that people were commenting on the scent. Although it is strong, it dissipated after an hour for me. I wore perfume with this and the two scents did not clash. The smell to me is of grapefruits. Lovely!

on 12/30/2013 10:08:00 AM

The "gel" aspect of this product ended up being too heavy for my fine hair. Didn't really bring out the waves since it was weighing them down. I do like the scent, assertive as it is, but my quest for the perfect beach hair spray continues.

on 9/9/2013 2:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

The LUSH salesperson sprayed and fluffed up my fine, straight hair with Sea Spray and the look was decent so I bought it. It was heavily scented, but I thought it would fade, or I would get used to it. Fast forward to the next day, when I sprayed it on my clean, wet hair and let it air dry. The scent was so powerful and unpleasant to me. I hoped it would dissipate more after my hair was fully dry. It barely faded, so I would say if you enjoy this grapefruit scent and want it to last, use this product. I could not stand the fragrance, and I returned it. I would try it again if it came in a different fragrance, or unscented.

on 8/17/2013 12:20:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

My hair will never love with our this product. If you have wavy curly hair get this. First apply Lush's R&B after you wash and condition, then apply this over it. It's perfect to keep in your bag to use freshen up your hair!

on 7/1/2013 5:51:00 PM

because the guy chopped my hair off, I'm trying not to use heat products to it won't get damaged or break. this is great to just spray in and twirl my hair to make it wavy. now if it would only add the 2 inches back i'd be thrilled.

Top Rated LUSH Products