September 21, 2014 | 1979 users online

Liquid - Proderma - Breathable Foundation

rated 4.0(1 review)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2013 12:19:00 PM More reviews by irishgrant

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this med - full coverage foundation. It's relatively new but the formula for Proderma Breathable Foundation has a long history at the bottom of this post for anyone who's tried and liked Dermacia aka Lycogel Camouflage or Oxygenetix.

The short of my review is this: Proderma Breathable Foundation is a relatively new, long-lasting (10-12 hours) non-transferrable, medium-full coverage liquid foundation with exceptionally natural looking coverage which can be used post-cosmetic procedures/laser or as a daily foundation with/without powder. It's not flat matte, but it's not dewy either which is probably one of the reasons it looks so natural.

I WILL DEFINITELY REPURCHASE despite pump problems (in Cons below which will hopefully be resolved), and I'd encourage anyone who values long-lasting natural coverage, gentleness & purity to give it a try - with the pump cautions in mind. If it came in a tube, it would be my HG med-full coverage foundation on the market.

PROS: Fully non-transferable; exceptionally natural looking and feeling, long-lasting coverage; so natural looking people think I'm not wearing foundation (this is a first!); blendable, buildable (I use a primer first); beneficial oxygenating properties; gentle even for post-laser treated skin; non-scented; and the company is very responsive (Prodermaskin.com). Price is reasonable compared to similar foundations: $49 for 1 oz.

CONS: Limited to online sales or through physicians so it's hard to select correct color(s) initially. I wish they offered sample sizes. Colors are limited & not identical to Lycogel so be warned. I'm posting a few pictures so you can see Ivory, Taupe and Honey. I'm neutral fair & I blend taupe or honey w/ ivory to get a neutral light tone, but I usually have to blend to get the correct color anyway. Biggest con (and I hope a temporary one): the airless pump doesn't work well. I've tried 3 different bottles, with the same problems. I have to hold the dispenser away from me in case it misfires. This is regrettable and the only reason I didn't give it 5.

HISTORY: After purchasing Dermacia aka Lycogel Camouflage foundation for a couple years and loving it, I was sad to learn it was discontinued. Oxygenetix was created by one individual formerly associated with Lycogel. Although that foundation was good, it wasn't great for me. I learned that a different individual formerly affiliated with Lycogel started his own company, Proderma.