October 26, 2014 | 891 users online

BB Cream - Iman - Iman Skin Tone Evener BB Creme SPF15

rated 1 of 5 on 7/13/2014 10:15:00 AM More reviews by iShawnieee

It offers OK coverage, but isn't long-lasting and definitely does not hold. It leaves streak and looks caked on the skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/1/2013 9:37:00 AM More reviews by kaegrant

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was initially very pleased when I applied the BB cream, the shade was a match, it provided just enough coverage to even my skin tone, but at the same time, did not feel heavy. I thought these characteristics were great since I have very oily skin; however, within an hour my skin was like an oil slick gone bad. I had purchased the product for my sister at the same time that I had made the initial purchase for myself, since I knew that she used Iman products and when I asked her to comment on the product, she said, "she would try it again in the Winter when her skin needs more moisture to see if it would be a better fit but right now it was too oily." I am so sorry because I was excited to find the product since I have been unable to find BB or CC creams that provide a good color match.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2013 10:04:00 AM More reviews by shuaia3000

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

i LOVE, LOVE, LOVE iman's bb cream. i've replaced my regular foundation which usually breaks me out w/daily use w/this bb cream. my skin is pretty much normal & this bb cream is lightweight, build able & you don't need much. i like this for daily use because it doesn't break me out & i get to save my mac studio tech for when i go out & want more coverage. i do use a little of the mac pro longwear concealer under my eyes & cheeks & set it w/ben nye translucent powder in coco tan & my face stays matte & fresh looking all day. i don't know what women of color would do w/o iman looking out for us because the original bb cream craze forgot about women w/darker skin tones.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 4/10/2013 8:38:00 PM More reviews by vickermania

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't know why I purchased this, i'm oily. These sort of products are just asking for oil slick but...i'm stubborn. This was terrible for me, even with a primer my face was an oil slick within an hour, faded quickly, even with setting powder it just disappeared and had very sheer coverage despite the thickness of the product itself.

If you have dry to normal skin with few skin issues, i'd recommend it. Otherwise, i'd skip.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/10/2013 6:25:00 PM More reviews by janeblack

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ok! So I've read all the other comments and here is my take and I am another voice in the choir.

I have very sensitive skin. I'm also somewhat acne-prone, all depending on diet and time of month.

I put this BB cream on an hour ago. When I first put it on, I was like WOW! My skin was flawless and I have a discoloration issue that can be hard to cover up. Iman's BB cream knocked it right out. After about 15 to 30 minutes, I started to get that strange itchy feeling on my face that tells me something isn't right, so I came online and lo and behold - break out alert!!!

So ladies, the truth is this BB cream WORKS but at great peri to your skin.

Dear Iman, please perfect this product. The coverage is amazing and this BB cream is the answer to my prayers when it comes to coverage but you know I don't want to risk break outs. Also -- could you come up with an Earth medium-dark? That would suit me perfectly, I think. Thank you!

xoxo

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 2/22/2013 1:27:00 PM More reviews by DesMonae

Like many other women of color, I was excited about a BB creme for us but after using it for a week, I am disappointed. I ordered it offline so I used the color finder chart on the Iman website to pick my color. Well once I got the Clay Medium color in, i realized it was too light in color, lighter than what it appeared on the website. I have combination skin, with oily t-zones, I have some acne scaring/blemishes on cheeks from a previous breakout from a product. The product dried leaving a shiny sticky like residue on my face. Its a tinted moisturizer so I did not expect it to masks my blemishes. It dried my skin out in certain areas and left others shiny. I tried wearing it under makeup but eventually the shiny peeked through. Pros of the product is a little goes a long way so the $20 price tag is not bad, packaging is fine and the selection of colors are good enough where as though if they dont have your color, you can mix colors (if you have the time). I found this stuff to clog my pores as well. I will still use Iman products but this BB creme is going in trash, I dont even want it in my makeup case.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2013 6:36:00 PM More reviews by dawndie23

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

How disappointing! I got this in Earth 2 which is a little too dark for my complexion but the closest color they had to my skin tone. I have yet to find a true color match in Iman products for me.

Long story short, this BB Cream broke me out with the worst case of cystic acne I have ever suffered. I stuck with it for a week in order to really test out the longevity and wear.

First, the color was not a match for me, but I tried to work around it with my powder.

Second, while it applies very smoothly and evenly, it left me with a very shiny finish after 10 minutes. Even after applying my primer and powder, I was an oil slick with this BB Cream

Third, it broke me out so horribly. I'm not sure which ingredient set me off, but I opted to pitch this product rather than inflict it on someone else!

Finally, I had to order this online. Iman products are difficult to find in my area and the online color matching system didn't work very well for me. I also found the price to be a bit high.

I was really bummed out, even though I always strike out with Iman's foundations, I do like a lot of her products and love supporting her company. Alas, I will stick with my Smashbox and Maybelline BB Creams. Smashbox is the best for my oily t-zone and Maybelline is perfect for me in the fall and winter when I'm a little drier.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/10/2013 2:19:00 PM More reviews by carling

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really love this product and I'm a bit surprised by the low rating. I bought this BB cream because I like having a little something-something on my face when I go to the gym, but I don't like working out in foundation. The Iman BB cream (my shade is medium deep) has wonderful coverage and a natural, dewy finish, but beauty balms are basically tint moisturizers. Tint moisturizers are intended for those who DON'T want full coverage.

I think this is a great product, but you have to have realistic expectations. If you have very dark spots, blemishes, or acne marks, a tinted moisturizer simply cannot be expected to cover all that. Foundation or mineral make up would probably be a better choice if you're looking to cover serious imperfections. However, if you are blessed with good skin like me, the Iman BB cream will give you LIFE!

I rarely review products, so please know that you can count on me to be fair and honest when I do. I did not give this product a 5-rating ONLY because it does have a scent that some may find is a bit off-putting and the $20 price.

I do not believe $20 for a high-end BB cream is out of line, not when MAC charges $16 for a tube of lipstick! However, I do understand that others might find it pricey in comparison to other BB creams on the market. Personally, I am grateful to Iman for developing a BB cream specifically with women of color in mind when many other cosmetic companies did not include us in their sales and marketing equations.

***** UPDATE FEB 12, 2013 *****
I wore my BB cream to work out, but definitely will NOT do so again. When I left the gym, I could see sweat tracks running down my face in the BB cream (hope that makes sense). Iman BB cream is a great product and my previous review stands, but like other tinted moisturizers I have used, it did not pass the sweat test.

***** UPDATE TWO - FEB 24, 2013 *****
I love Iman,both the brand and the woman, but I cannot tell a lie. I had to return the BB cream because it broke me out too, and I NEVER have breakouts. As I stated in my initial review, I have very good skin, so when I got a nasty pimple right between the eyes, you better believe Miss Iman went back to Sears quick, fast, and in a hurry! I also dislike the BB cream's scent. After a while, it really bothered me.

Iman Cosmetics has many great products, but unfortunately the BB cream is not one of them. I will always support this wonderful brand, but proceed with caution on this one. I have changed my overall rating from 4 to 2 and I will DEFINITELY NOT buy Iman BB Cream again.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 2/10/2013 12:20:00 PM More reviews by DallasCowgirl

I was really excited when iman came out with a bb cream because her second to none luminous powder foundation is my holy grail....but I was very disappointed in this I couldn't find a color match and it was very very oily immediately. Also after having it on for 15 mins my skin started to burn even when I washed it off my skin was still burning. So if you have sensitive oily skin proceed with caution...I will stick with other iman products....

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2013 11:03:00 AM More reviews by happynappy1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

Edit: Just as I suspected it would, this broke me out and still didn't provide enough "oomph" to my complexion. A real disappointment.

This is a preliminary review after using this product for only four days.

I know everyone is happy because Iman launched a BB cream for women of color but to me, the whole BB cream craze is so out of control. It's nothing special. So far:

Pros: Great packaging. Simple. No fuss.
The color range is nice. I'm Earth 7 in Iman's stick foundation and the darkest BB cream shade (Earth Deep) is perfect for me.
You need very little to cover your whole face.

Now on to the cons, which are many:

It is just too thick. I know BB creams are supposed to be multi-purpose so there are a lot of ingredients but this is just like .... spackle
2. Despite it's thickness, it really doesn't cover the darkest hyperpigmentation, which is a primary concern for many women of color. I am 42 so I don't mind not having perfect skin but I think many women are going to be disappointed by this product's lack of coverage.
3. It's not very hydrating. I am wearing it today and even though I applied a moisturizer before the BB cream, my skin still feels dry and tight ... My skin is combo/dry.
4. The ingredients are going to be problematic for those with sensitive/acne-prone skin. At least one of the ingredients rates a 4 on the comedogenicity scale and all those botanicals can be irritating.
5. Price --- So much more expensive than other drugstore BB creams.

I haven't used it long enough to determine if any of the ingredients will help with dark spots but it's so drying that I doubt I could wear it every day or often enough to see any noticeable skin changes.

Overall, this is OK under some pigmented powder but I'm not wowed by it ... Which is pretty much my impression of Iman's entire line. For the price, it just doesn't offer much. Very disappointing.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No