September 19, 2014 | 2010 users online

Styling Products - LUSH - Dirty Hair Styling Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2014 3:44:00 PM More reviews by emmmav

This product is amazing. I have fine, thin-ish long hair that is always lacking volume. I bought this based off the reviews here and I am not disappointed! I just put a little on my fingertips and run through my roots (from underneath). My hair has tons of volume all day, looks thick and amazing.
It actually makes me not hate my hair for once.

Will for sure buy again and again!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2014 11:36:00 AM More reviews by Stasea

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I LOVE Lush facial cleansers, creams, scrubs - everything! But I had never tried their hair products. I tested this styling cream by using it to twist a tiny section of my natural 4-type tightly coiled, but super-duper fine hair and let it marinate while I browsed the store. When I unraveled the twist I had MAJOR definition, smooth strands and softness. I was really shocked! And instantly infatuated. It has a very mild fragrance that I can't even explain, kind of rosy floral, musky - not my fave, and it lingers, but it's subtle so it's tolerable - and as with all Lush products a dab really does go a long way. The cream is not water based so it's effective battling frizzy pieces and it's pretty heavy - it's not heavy in the tub/doesn't seem heavy on your fingers, but once you apply it to your hair it goes to work! You can see it working immediately to give that firm but soft, matte, hold. It also makes your hair pretty humidity resistant. Here in Houston that is a PLUS! This cream gives your hair a very textured feel, almost sticky but not, pliable, supplies a smooth and firm hold, and it very effective for slicking down edges, smoothing frizzy flyaways and defining curls!!! Amen for a product that does everything it claims to do. My hair laughs at most gels and creamy styling products, as they are just not heavy enough to hold or keep frizzies at bay whatsoever. This is my new favorite heavy duty styler and slicker! I still love my HG Giovanni Wicked Wax which gives a lighter hold with tons of moisture and shine, but I love that this cream is not greasy and shiny. For super fine straight hair this product may be too heavy, but my coils LOVE it :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2014 7:32:00 PM More reviews by bcardwell

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love love love! Easy to manipulate in hair, smells wonderful, and good for the hair!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2013 3:51:00 PM More reviews by SuMak

I have long, fine, thin hair and am always looking to boost my volume. Not only does this product give me volume at the roots but also that perfect, sexy bedhead look. To style, I first take about two fingertips worth of product and rub my hands together before working it into my roots. Then I use the excess (or take a little bit more) to sort of scrunch my hair, twisting it as I go and fluffing it up. The style holds but remains flexible which I like since I mess with my hair a lot. A little goes a long way and I can liven up the style throughout the day by flipping my head upside down and just playing with it again. After I tried a sample of this stuff, I threw out all of my other useless products and I bought the full-size (they even gave me another sample of their Roots hair treatment). Attractive, no nonsense packaging, not tested on animals, smells incredible and is hand-made. Very much worth the cost and they give you a lot of product.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2013 5:06:00 PM More reviews by Lewellenkelli

Iv only used this on my waist long hair a couple times it keeps fly always down but it's nothin special really. I bought this product tho for my son, a two year old with a cute little Mohawk. When we first got his hair cut my husband pick up some Walmart gel that was loaded with chemicals and made his hair stiff and flaky. After the third day of using it I threw it out and looked for alternatives. While on vacation I visited the local lush store to pick up the must have I'd been missing since I live 3 hrs away from an actual store and saw this product. Iv used the dirty soap before and like the minty smell very much so I asked for a sample before leaving. The sample pot lasted my son about a week because I only need about a dime size. It's had a medium hold IMO. It holds his Mohawk very well but if he lays down or rolls on it, it will smush. But you can remold it back into shape quick and easy. When I got home I ordered a full size pot and have been using it ever since. The dirty hair gel doesn't smell like the soap IMO it has the minty smell but it has this clean laundry smell with it. He smells like a guy lol. It doesn't make his hair stiff or flaky and has hardly any chemicals it in. Two thumbs up to lush

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2013 8:45:00 AM More reviews by Dengail

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have medium length wavy hair. I usually gel it when wet to define waves and battle frizz. No more gobs of expensive hair gel for me! With Dirty I just flip my head over, apply a finger amt to my palm, rub hands together and lightly run through hair, then scrunch it up a few times. Beautiful wavy volume. The pot will last me a long time...it doesn't take much! Smell is heaven. My hubby uses it too once in awhile for a non-fly away day if its breezy out. Brushes out great for nice smooth locks too. Love it!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2013 2:08:00 AM More reviews by blushie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I used my boyfriend's sample pot he got for Christmas in a pinch and never looked back. I don't like my hair to look like it has stacks of products in, I prefer a natural, matte-ish (not dull) look. My hair is long, and although I have quite a bit, the hair strands are very fine and often get weighed down with hair products. This cream leaves my hair looking natural, but gives it volume and "weight". It seems to brush out ok, because I can brush my hair and add a bit more and it still looks good. I just take a little bit, just a little dab on my finger tip, then rub my hands together then use it to puff up my hair in the roots, running any extra onto the ends. It smells so delicious too, a nice, fresh minty scent. I do wish it would last longer, it seems to "reactivate" a bit if I scrunch my hair again, but it's a bit annoying. But it's still the best hair styling product I've ever used.

Also, my boyfriend loves this too and recently purchased a full size pot when the sample pot finished. The sample lasted from Christmas to May, with me using it on occasion, which gives you an idea about how little is needed.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2013 10:22:00 PM More reviews by Arachne

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Nothing works better. Smells incredible, has a salty minty, slightly beachy smell that lingers in my hair. This stuff is fabulous. I have tried so many curl creams - I actually have a shopping bag full of unloved creams but this one is excellent. Doesn't leave my hair crunchy, nor does it feel sticky, even in humid weather. Doesn't leave my fine hair greasy either. I love that it creates soft waves, even encourages curls, instead of weighing them down. Gives so much body and leave my hair semi-matte (not too shiny, which I prefer). It has a very light hold. Small amount is needed (nickel). I finish off with a couple of sprays of Bumble & Bumble surf spray and my hair is soft, smooth and moisturized. LOVE.