Revlon Luxurious ColorSilk Buttercream

3.8

on 4/10/2015 7:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I was once a red head. Like many women of a certain age, I was told go lighter and blonder. Red is aging. I know from experience red color on gray hair does scary things. I used the dark blond and 1/2 a bottle of med. auburn. Left it on for 30 min. Have natural looking red hair, and people tell me I don't look tired. (Polite euphemism for old) I also cropped my hair pretty short so I had enough color. I also use a brush to start at the roots. I wish they included more conditioner, but for the price, I'll buy conditioner. It smells okay too. Some products either smell too bad jasmine perfumy or like strong floor cleaner. I think Revlon does a great job with color. I usually use colorsilk, but this stuff was on sale. It was probably sheer dumb luck that the colors mixed well and I didn't come out with a color that only exists in bottles or cartoons like Science Fiction Gold or Bozo the Clown Red. I am sure I'll have to do a gloss treatment cause red hair fades, but this diy worked and beats arguing with a colorist about going blonder and paying a small fortune. Life is too short not to wear bright orange with red hair.

on 4/10/2015 1:29:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I normally use the regular Colorsilk which I do like but I saw this one that was supposed to be moisturizing so I tried it out. I purchased the color black but I noticed this black is not as dark as the regular Colorsilk. Ironically this actually dried out my hair. It has been about four years since I last dyed my hair it was healthy so I have no idea why that happened. I had to deep condition for weeks. The regular colorsilk is probably more moisturizing. Also, itís been about 3 weeks and the color has completely faded. Iím NEVER buying this again!

on 4/3/2015 11:53:00 AM

Reading the reviews while at HEB I had made the decision to try it. Even without this fictional coupon everyone keeps telling me about. The Pro's: it did an amazing job at coloring my hair. I mean, flat out fantastic. It did not damage my hair. I accidentally left it on for almost an hour because I lost track of time. My hair is super soft. I nice natural cinnamon color. It made my roots even with the rest of my hair, which is amazing because some parts where natural, some parts were dyed and some parts were bleached then dyed. So now my hair is a pretty, dark cinnamon red. The cons: everyone is right the bottles and conditioning treatments are small. I'm growing out a pixie so right now I'm between a pixie and a bob. It would be stretching it if I had shoulder length hair. Anything longer will need two packages. I love the conditioner but not enough.

on 2/25/2015 6:59:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Just used this product in 30N - Dark Brown. I left it on only 20 minutes, as my hair takes color fast. IT turned out to be a delicious dark brown color, which did completely cover my gray hairs and left it shiny and quite silky. The only drawbacks would be the generic gloves and the small containers of after color conditioner. I will use this again, as I did get the color I wanted and it feels terrific.

on 2/15/2015 4:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

After my hair color faded from using L'Oreal Superior Preference Paris Lumiere in Black Sapphire 2BL, I used Revlon Buttercream in Soft Black 11WN. According to haircolor.wikia.com, soft black hair is level 3. The color was a light black and neutral tone. I loved the color and my hair did not feel stripped or dry after dying. It took a while for the color to fade (which is a plus for Revlon). Overall, my hair came out a pretty jet black and shiny. I recommend it.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought the Light Golden Brown shade. I color my medium brown color hair because I have pesky first grays coming in at 42 years old. I usually go to a salon to have my hair colored, but I've havent had the time to make it to one. I had a coupon for this hair color, did my homework on MUA and saw Revlon Color Silk Hair color was a review favorite.

The packaging? Standard for box color. Its fine. Tube of color, developer and conditioner...fine too although I admit I use a bowl and color brush to apply my hair color vs the bottle. The only think I thought was a little sub par was the gloves, come Revlon, can you give us one that has a more substantial feel to them? The ones that came with the kit were so flimsy.

The smell of the Hair Color once mixed with the developer was actually nice. Not stinky, although I'm attributing the fact this formulation is ammonia free. The consistency is a little runny, like egg batter. But still very usable. It spread nicely.

After using, it covered all my grays nicely. It didn't leave my hair with patchy color spots or weird roots (but I suspect it also has to do with the fact I apply this carefully and slowly-no slapping it on if I want good, even results). The conditioner that came with conditioned my hair nicely, it was 3 butters in it, Shea, Mango and Argan (?).

I would definitely buy this again. Now I know why this is a MUA fave and it garners such high praise. It does what it says it claims to do and its a very affordable price. It's a keeper for sure.

on 1/18/2015 9:35:00 PM

Okay, I'll make this short.. my hair went from a soft, full bounce, to a frizzy, dry mess!! I want to cry! I want to cry! I lost about a handful of hair, it just kept falling out as I was washing it out. I'm disgusted, and I am mad at myself for buying it. Do not buy this product!

on 1/6/2015 4:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I'm quite impressed with this box dye. I've been trying to find the perfect light ash brown but haven't been successful til now. I usually buy loreal from Sally's & have been experimenting but haven't had much success. My hair always pulls red which is not near my natural color. I used this with 20vol developer from Sally's. I don't trust box dye developer. Lol. I started from the back, avoiding the roots. Left it for abou 20min, then did my roots & left it for another 20min. It came out exactly like the model on the box. No smells & it came out to about $3 on sale at cvs with a coupon. Definitely using again.

on 10/17/2014 12:04:00 PM

Color used:
Revlon Luxurious Colorsilk Buttercream 50A- Light Ash Brown

A little back story:
My natural hair is medium to light brown but I have been getting highlights for about a year so my hair was mostly blonde (highlights were bleach with toner).
I let my roots grow out and dyed my entire head with a dark blonde shade (not Revlon). Which only covered the highlights temporarily before fading, also made my roots turn slightly red, making them look light red blonde/brown.

About the product:
Easy to follow instructions, came with the peel off gloves, but I always use my own gloves. Same as traditional hair colors as far as mixing and application. I really enjoyed that the product smelled really good. Didn't have that harsh chemical smell most have. Followed the instructions and left as directed in my hair for 25 minutes.

Results:
After rinsing my hair out I applied the conditioner provided, but it wasn't enough conditioner for my hair. Luckily I always use two boxes to dye my hair and used both conditioner packets.
My initial thought was that the color was a bit darker than the photo on the box, but it is a really beautiful color. I will use the same color again when needed. It left my hair feeling a little dry, but my hair wasn't in the greatest condition to begin with. I would best describe this color as medium/light brown with no hints of red. My previously highlighted hair makes the color look golden in the sunlight and I absolutely love that!

on 8/23/2014 10:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Worst hair dye ever! I got this in 73N which is medium natural blonde. I usually use revlon color silk and decided to try this because I've been bleaching and dying more often I thought with all the good reviews it would be good for my hair. Unfortunately it's no where near medium blonde. It's like grey. Or an ash! I do not pull off cool colors at all. After washing it a bit it might lighten up. But for now it looks awful. Also while dying it's super runny and got everywhere. It also turned my hair red while dying so I guess I should be "lucky" it turned out ash blonde/ gray. Haha. Whatever. Don't buy.

Popular Hair Color Products