August 1, 2014 | 965 users online

Concealers - Cover Girl - Covergirl & Olay Concealer Balm

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2014 3:19:00 PM More reviews by velenaherde

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Seeing as it's discontinued, I don't see how I would be able to repurchase, but I definitely would if I had the chance!

I tend to avoid stick concealers like the plague. I've only tried one before this one, and it was awful. Dry and cakey and just awful.
Anyway, after seeing some good reviews I ended up picking this up at CVS for $1.99 with a coupon and a 50% off deal they had going.
I got light, and the color is a BIT dark and orange, which really surprised me because I'm usually a light/medium with other products. Nothing a little blending can't fix.
I ended up really liking this concealer. It has nice coverage and isn't drying at all, so it's great for under eyes. I can use it as a spot correcter too for days when I feel like going without foundation, or even over foundation.
I do have to set it with powder on my combination skin, or it does get shiny after a few hours.
Overall, I am very sad it is discontinued because this could have been a favorite.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2014 5:05:00 PM More reviews by lashandbrow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

The reviewer below is correct --- it is discontinued. See cover girl's website. http://www.covergirl.com/beauty-products/discontinued-products

They replaced it with a covergirl + olay "depuffer" but it isn't the same formula & so far it has two bad reviews.

Sorry ladies, Covergirl is probably going to regret this one when nobody buys their replacement.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2014 9:22:00 PM More reviews by rgomez4

I have always jumped around with concealers because I can never find a concealer that truly covers my dark circles without giving me a cakey look. I decided to try this out and, oh my, it's a miracle! Here are some reasons why I love it:

- It doesn't cake and can be layered
- It covers EVERYTHING!
- It's soooo easy to blend and smooth
- The packaging is great and easy to take along
- It's a miracle worker

So overall, I absolutely love this product and would not change to any other concealer. I don't know if its just my area (Northern Minnesota) or what, but it seems that they are discontinuing this product. I hope I'm wrong, but I can't seem to find this in town anymore. If you find it, snatch it before its gone!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2014 4:40:00 PM More reviews by BarbieBrixton

This, used under Kat Von D's Lock It Tattoo concealer are a MIRACLE! It's moisturizing, long lasting and can make even 3-D cystic zits become invisible. I wish it came in a bigger stick. The price is great, and the minimal packaging makes the inner-hippie in me happy since it's less of a carbon foot-print. I do have the beginnings of crow's-feet as I am 29 but this doesn't sink in or crease. I get told I look 18 all of the time. I highly recommend and will continue to repurchase forever :)

rated 3 of 5 on 6/26/2014 1:24:00 PM More reviews by Krystal410

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this product for about a year now and this is the only concealer I use. It could be better, but this is the only 2nd concealer I've ever bought. I use this on my under eye circles, blemishes, and dark spots and gets the job done. It is hard to blend in sometimes so i end up using my Lucy Minerals Powder Foundation a bit over it to blend in more. It can get cakey under the eyes if you put to much and also can crease, but that's on rare occasions. I'm wearing this right now under my eyes, I don't have bags under them only dark circles, and it's creasing on me. When I was putting this on my blemishes today it wasn't working to well so i used my Lucy Minerals to help. I can't put this under my foundation because it will come off and it can also rub off easily. It is full coverage though.

Pros:
Full coverage
Covers dark spots and circles
Is light under the eyes
Can stay on all day as long as it's not touched
Little goes a long way

Cons
Can get cakey
Will attach to dry areas
Will crease
Rubs off easily
Cannot wear under foundation
Will not stay on scabs or scars (from pimples)

All around, This is a manageable product and I would buy this again, because I know how to use it

rated 3 of 5 on 5/4/2014 3:16:00 PM More reviews by Andisophiaquinn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a pretty ok concealer, but it doesn't soak into your skin at all. It looks cakey and doesnt blend that well, especially under my eyes. And everybody knows the struggle of covering those under eye circles, especially for a college student like me. Overall I'd say this is a dud, but works ok if you only need a little bit of coverage and it's not an area that will have lots of fine lines.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/26/2014 2:27:00 PM More reviews by aprice2017

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I found this concealer to be very disappointing. It doesn't cover ANYTHING, and if you have any dry patches it will cling to them and make them really stand out. It does nothing for my undereye circles, and barely covers even the tiniest blemishes. As someone with very pale skin and a cool undertone, I have also found that this changes to a weird orange color after a while on me. Definitely won't be buying again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2014 2:10:00 PM More reviews by GlossyGal05

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love, love, love!

This is my all time favorite concealer. I always have a difficult time finding concealers that match my skin tone because I have a darker complexion but the variety of shades are always too light or too dark and I'm right in between. I was at my local Kmart looking through their clearance and I came across two of these concealer balms for two dollars each - what a steal! Considering these are usually about eight to ten dollars the price was amazing. I only found two which were exactly my shade so I quickly snatched them up.

I really like how smooth this concealer is and it glides on wonderfully. I use this on top of my foundation to cover any imperfections I might see. I am teenager so I have a lot of dark spots from acne so this really helps to cover them up. It makes my face look so fresh and even.

I highly recommend this concealer balm, it does offer medium coverage but that's just enough for me. Will definitely repurchase even if I have to pay full price!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2014 3:13:00 AM More reviews by Lovelaura23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Please don't discontinue it because it blends like a dream n since I don't use much makeup this is all I use for tired eyes in the morning! I like the olay in it,

rated 3 of 5 on 2/27/2014 5:56:00 AM More reviews by lyrastar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am very acne prone and it's usually cystic in nature. Previous to using this concealer I was clear...
I have to admit that this is a very nice concealer. It is smooth and i can blend it well. I usually don't wear concealers because I'm afraid of putting too much makeup on & causing breakouts. Well, I should have listened to my inner voice. I started using this to cover some scars on my cheeks and my acne has flared up. I am so annoyed because it is a nice product.