October 24, 2014 | 1511 users online

Concealers - Cover Girl - Covergirl & Olay Concealer Balm

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2014 8:09:00 PM More reviews by PaleInComparison

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I grabbed this while hauling a big bunch of Covergirl products on clearance, and I am SO glad I did. I got this in light/medium and was very happy to find how well it matched my skin tone- but more importantly how quickly and well it blended in. I also use Benefit Lemon-Aid and Covergirl Fresh Complexion, but this is the perfect mix between the two- cream meets liquid. I wish they had not discontinued this product!

Pros: Easy application, blends quickly, matches my pale skin perfectly, stays put once set, feels like butter and "melts" into blemishes. Very affordable and lasts. It set a new high bar for concealers.

Cons: The added Olay makes it creamy so it will slip and set into lines without powder. Stick formula can be ugly/unhygienic, but still preferable to wand applicators. Sadly I just read another review saying it was discontinued, I wish I had reviewed it sooner so I could grab some other ones!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2014 6:45:00 AM More reviews by Laura_J

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this concealer! It goes on smooth and is so moisturizing. It doesn't crease and it covers dark circles and my imperfections perfectly. Other concealers go on wonky under my eyes and I look like a mess but this one doesn't do that. Unfortunately CoverGirl discontinued this concealer. They seem to have a habit of discontinuing a good thing for some odd reason. It makes me not want to use anymore of their products. So I am currently trying out a concealer by L'Oreal and will give a review on that in a few days.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2014 9:27:00 PM More reviews by mssarebare

Seriously the best concealer I have tried. It is so creamy and blendable. I can use it under my eyes on days I need a bit of extra coverage and it works very well on blemishes as well. Although it isn't extremely pigmented and does not do an amazing job at concealing acne, paired with a green concealer it does a pretty good job. Also, it does a great job of covering hyperpigmentation. Although it isn't perfect, it has become a staple in my makeup routine and I am disappointed to hear that Cover Girl has discontinued it.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/8/2014 12:29:00 AM More reviews by doaaa

If you have any other type of skin besides dry or normal, do NOT purchase this product!! It looks cakey of you try to use more than one swipe, and a concealer is supposed to be that extra coverage to cover blemishes, acne scars, etc. It looks very greasy after only a few hours of wearing it. Definitely regret buying this.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2014 3:19:00 PM More reviews by velenaherde

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Seeing as it's discontinued, I don't see how I would be able to repurchase, but I definitely would if I had the chance!

I tend to avoid stick concealers like the plague. I've only tried one before this one, and it was awful. Dry and cakey and just awful.
Anyway, after seeing some good reviews I ended up picking this up at CVS for $1.99 with a coupon and a 50% off deal they had going.
I got light, and the color is a BIT dark and orange, which really surprised me because I'm usually a light/medium with other products. Nothing a little blending can't fix.
I ended up really liking this concealer. It has nice coverage and isn't drying at all, so it's great for under eyes. I can use it as a spot correcter too for days when I feel like going without foundation, or even over foundation.
I do have to set it with powder on my combination skin, or it does get shiny after a few hours.
Overall, I am very sad it is discontinued because this could have been a favorite.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2014 5:05:00 PM More reviews by lashandbrow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

The reviewer below is correct --- it is discontinued. See cover girl's website. http://www.covergirl.com/beauty-products/discontinued-products

They replaced it with a covergirl + olay "depuffer" but it isn't the same formula & so far it has two bad reviews.

Sorry ladies, Covergirl is probably going to regret this one when nobody buys their replacement.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2014 9:22:00 PM More reviews by rgomez4

I have always jumped around with concealers because I can never find a concealer that truly covers my dark circles without giving me a cakey look. I decided to try this out and, oh my, it's a miracle! Here are some reasons why I love it:

- It doesn't cake and can be layered
- It covers EVERYTHING!
- It's soooo easy to blend and smooth
- The packaging is great and easy to take along
- It's a miracle worker

So overall, I absolutely love this product and would not change to any other concealer. I don't know if its just my area (Northern Minnesota) or what, but it seems that they are discontinuing this product. I hope I'm wrong, but I can't seem to find this in town anymore. If you find it, snatch it before its gone!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2014 4:40:00 PM More reviews by BarbieBrixton

This, used under Kat Von D's Lock It Tattoo concealer are a MIRACLE! It's moisturizing, long lasting and can make even 3-D cystic zits become invisible. I wish it came in a bigger stick. The price is great, and the minimal packaging makes the inner-hippie in me happy since it's less of a carbon foot-print. I do have the beginnings of crow's-feet as I am 29 but this doesn't sink in or crease. I get told I look 18 all of the time. I highly recommend and will continue to repurchase forever :)

rated 3 of 5 on 6/26/2014 1:24:00 PM More reviews by Krystal410

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this product for about a year now and this is the only concealer I use. It could be better, but this is the only 2nd concealer I've ever bought. I use this on my under eye circles, blemishes, and dark spots and gets the job done. It is hard to blend in sometimes so i end up using my Lucy Minerals Powder Foundation a bit over it to blend in more. It can get cakey under the eyes if you put to much and also can crease, but that's on rare occasions. I'm wearing this right now under my eyes, I don't have bags under them only dark circles, and it's creasing on me. When I was putting this on my blemishes today it wasn't working to well so i used my Lucy Minerals to help. I can't put this under my foundation because it will come off and it can also rub off easily. It is full coverage though.

Pros:
Full coverage
Covers dark spots and circles
Is light under the eyes
Can stay on all day as long as it's not touched
Little goes a long way

Cons
Can get cakey
Will attach to dry areas
Will crease
Rubs off easily
Cannot wear under foundation
Will not stay on scabs or scars (from pimples)

All around, This is a manageable product and I would buy this again, because I know how to use it

rated 3 of 5 on 5/4/2014 3:16:00 PM More reviews by Andisophiaquinn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a pretty ok concealer, but it doesn't soak into your skin at all. It looks cakey and doesnt blend that well, especially under my eyes. And everybody knows the struggle of covering those under eye circles, especially for a college student like me. Overall I'd say this is a dud, but works ok if you only need a little bit of coverage and it's not an area that will have lots of fine lines.