Maybelline Lust for Blush Color Whisper

4.2

on 2/22/2015 7:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Very sad to hear that these are getting discontinued! I actually hated these the first time i tried them. They settle into the lines on your lips and don't last long. Once you start to use the lipstick up it does start to stop settling into lines. It is a very good moisurizer once it gets to that point. Maybe this is only with some colors. I LOVED shade 35.

on 2/22/2015 7:08:00 PM

Generally speaking, I love the Color Whispers and am sad to hear they are being discontinued.
That said, I did not care for this particular color.
This particular color, Lust for Blush, was immensely popular and often sold out. The color, for whatever reason, never really appealed to me, so I did not care that it was always sold out. Then one day it was in stock and being it is so affordable, i figured why not cave and try it. This really is the only Color Whisper I did not care for.

First off, it had little to no pigmentation on my lips (I am NC20 and not very pigmented lips, as you can imagine), and gave me that 'dead' look. Secondly, I do not know how, being it had little to no pigmentation, but it 'settled' in my lip lines and made them very visible, as in old-lady/grandma lips.

It does apply easily and feel soft on the lips and leaves the lips feeling soft while wearing it, but the lack of pigment and settling....no. These do have little to no scent, so that is/was always a plus in my book.

Sad that the Whispers are apparently being pushed away in favor of the matte lip trend. I would purchase other Color Whispers if they still made them, but not this particular shade. I even swiped-and-swiped-and-swiped and still had barely anything showing on my lips. Just not for me. Yes to Color Whispers (you can still find them on ebay and other online sites and occasionally in the discount-type stores), but no to this shade in my book.

on 12/24/2014 4:53:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

MLBB!! Pretty!! Not super light/dark/bright/vampy, I agree that this reminds me a little bit of MAC Cremè Cup but more like a lipbalm/gloss. These are a safe bet, a few of them actually look similar, I have about three quarters of the collection entirely & what I love about these is that they are conservative. I wouldn't call it non pigmented necessarily, it's just the formula. LFB is a pale pinky shade, may not show up on ladies w really darkly reddish pigmented lips. As a lipbalm, this is a nice color to have in your stash for when you are doing a smokey eye or conversely a no-makeup light handed look so it's very versatile. MLBB are up my alley (my ahem, makeup alley ha!), I own a lot of them & this is one I don't use as often as I should because simply I own too many lippies. I am going to break this out though, I had forgotten all about it. Yay shop my stash ;)

on 12/24/2014 1:14:00 AM

I love this lippie! I'm not a huge lipstick fan but this one I really like! Its such a beautiful colour and I think it looks beautiful on.

on 11/28/2014 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I wanted to love this colour so badly because I love the Colour Whisper range in general, but this shade didn't suit me. I have a medium skintone (about NC30) and quite pigmented lips. On me, the colour showed up looking almost purple instead of the mauvey pink like it does in the tube. The formula is very light-weight and comfortable to wear, with a moisturizing feel to the lips.

on 11/2/2014 3:17:00 PM

This is a very sheer product so if you want something pigmented, look in another direction. But I love this. On my lips Lust for Blush is just a little lighter than my lips. Almost a my lips but better shade. It's not matte and has some sparkle in it. I wanted a product that was easy to reapply without a mirror so I could just keep it in my bag at school. I also hate hate hate the feeling of sticky lip products. Lip sticks and glosses I usually end of just rubbing off after having it on for a minute or so but the color whisper is very comfortable on the lips. I'd buy more colors.

on 8/1/2014 9:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

The colour just doesn't work for me. The undertones seem off and it comes off a bit frosty. It can be kind of streaky looking and sticky. It's less sheer than I wanted. Wouldn't recommend or repurchase

I don't really "do" lipstick. I only own two and I only use them a few times a year. I like this one because it's the perfect subtle light pink next to my fair, cool-toned skin without being too pale, frosty, bubblegum-y, or chalky. It's semi-sheer and buildable, and the texture is pleasantly smooth. I don't find it very moisturizing, but it's not drying, either. It lasts for a few hours (unless you're eating or drinking), and is easy for even a clumsy makeup novice like me to reapply without a mirror. The only caveat: As another reviewer mentioned, it will pull every little bit of yellow in your teeth.

on 5/8/2014 8:34:00 PM

The perfect "pinky-nude" for fair-medium skin. You do have to reapply throughout the day which I don't mode because the texture is moisturizing as luxurious.

on 4/18/2014 4:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Dupe for MAC cremecup or UD revolution native but certainly not my HG pinky nude. Because its neither pink nor beige (what I equate nude to be) instead its a soft lavendar shade that would look stunning on fair skin, cool undertones. It wouldn't show on pigmented lips or darker skin at all. Im an NC20-25, warm undertones & this works when my teeth are whitened. Otherwise makes them look yellow :/ Its also quite sheer, I need 2-3 full swipes on each lip to get full color payoff & it has has poor staying power; 4 hr tops with no drinking/eating that is. At this rate I would use up a whole tube rather quick so becuase of that & the color itself its not HG. I do like the way it feels, very balm-y, smooth & the pricepoint so I'll use this one up.

Recommended for Medium Skin