November 23, 2014 | 1987 users online

Lipstick - Maybelline - Lust for Blush Color Whisper

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2014 3:17:00 PM More reviews by Makeuplove99

This is a very sheer product so if you want something pigmented, look in another direction. But I love this. On my lips Lust for Blush is just a little lighter than my lips. Almost a my lips but better shade. It's not matte and has some sparkle in it. I wanted a product that was easy to reapply without a mirror so I could just keep it in my bag at school. I also hate hate hate the feeling of sticky lip products. Lip sticks and glosses I usually end of just rubbing off after having it on for a minute or so but the color whisper is very comfortable on the lips. I'd buy more colors.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/1/2014 9:42:00 PM More reviews by adavi0140

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

The colour just doesn't work for me. The undertones seem off and it comes off a bit frosty. It can be kind of streaky looking and sticky. It's less sheer than I wanted. Wouldn't recommend or repurchase

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2014 11:35:00 AM More reviews by MyZombie8YourVampire

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I don't really "do" lipstick. I only own two and I only use them a few times a year. I like this one because it's the perfect subtle light pink next to my fair, cool-toned skin without being too pale, frosty, bubblegum-y, or chalky. It's semi-sheer and buildable, and the texture is pleasantly smooth. I don't find it very moisturizing, but it's not drying, either. It lasts for a few hours (unless you're eating or drinking), and is easy for even a clumsy makeup novice like me to reapply without a mirror. The only caveat: As another reviewer mentioned, it will pull every little bit of yellow in your teeth.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2014 8:34:00 PM More reviews by Oliviabland

The perfect "pinky-nude" for fair-medium skin. You do have to reapply throughout the day which I don't mode because the texture is moisturizing as luxurious.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2014 4:07:00 PM More reviews by glamstep

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Dupe for MAC cremecup or UD revolution native but certainly not my HG pinky nude. Because its neither pink nor beige (what I equate nude to be) instead its a soft lavendar shade that would look stunning on fair skin, cool undertones. It wouldn't show on pigmented lips or darker skin at all. Im an NC20-25, warm undertones & this works when my teeth are whitened. Otherwise makes them look yellow :/ Its also quite sheer, I need 2-3 full swipes on each lip to get full color payoff & it has has poor staying power; 4 hr tops with no drinking/eating that is. At this rate I would use up a whole tube rather quick so becuase of that & the color itself its not HG. I do like the way it feels, very balm-y, smooth & the pricepoint so I'll use this one up.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2014 9:27:00 PM More reviews by Halloqueen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Really nice product. The perfect sheer pink on my fair complexion...sheer, but it still adds just enough color. It's also a little glossy, which helps make my lips look fuller. For a drugstore item, this stuff is pretty good, and at the price point (on sale at Ulta right now) you can afford to get 3 or 4. It doesn't last forever, but I don't mind reapplying, like I do with most lip products. I didn't notice any drying of my lips while using this, but I don't think it added much moisture either. All in all, this is my favorite color of the line. I can see these working for everyone due to the sheerness, which will work with any complexion.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2014 9:17:00 AM More reviews by nickit123

I have wanted this shade for so so long and I was putting off buying it because I was scared that it wouldn't look good with my light skin tone. I am very glad that I bit the bullet because this color is so pretty. Its not too light at all and it is perfect for this coming spring. I love the formula as well. Its marketed as a lip butter, but I feel like its almost more of a sheer lipstick in the way it feels on my lips and in the staying power. I also go the one in pin up peach, which is also a wonderful, spring color. I like these more then the loreal ones also. I feel like those are more of a glossy texure, where the Maybelline ones are more smooth and lipstick like!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2014 3:15:00 AM More reviews by zaynaz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This is a lovely, mauvy pink nude on me. It's semi-opaque and I find it lasts quite well given the light colour (around three hours if I don't eat anything). The packaging epitomises nice drugstore packaging, and I feel the price is very reasonable. This has become a handbag staple, and I'll definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2014 6:17:00 PM More reviews by Micropixel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've recently been shopping through my stash of neglected lipsticks and figured that I would do a review of this one. I forgot how much I love this one, it gives a sheer wash of color that is very pretty and work appropriate. The formula on this one is great, it doesn't dry out lips nor does it emphasize lines and dryness. I would describe the color on this one to be a soft, blue based, pale pink.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2014 1:44:00 PM More reviews by timothybcat

The first time I laid eyes on Lust For Blush I thought, That's looks like MAC Angel. Now I never cared much for Angel, as MAC's frosts just don't lay well on my lips and Angel winds up looking chalky. I think if you already have full lips it's great on you, but unfortunately my genes did not bestow that gift upon me. Thankfully, Angel's "frostiness" never really jumps out, which keeps it from looking 80s. Along with the neutral pink color, I think the is finish why it's so wearable for so many people. It's just that the texture never worked for me.

The Color Whispers just lay down better for me, so this is like my go-to neutral pale pink when I do, say, a smoky eye. It's very, very creamy, so it glides over and fills in my little lines. I also find the Color Whispers to be extremely comfy to wear. The main down side is that none of the three I have last long, and transfer as you would expect a creamy lipstick to. The pigmentation is nice, but with a color as close to my lips as Lust For Blush, you really can't tell there's color left once I drink or eat something. So this is one you really have to reapply.

Nonetheless, I always liked the color of Angel, so I'm glad to find a very close dupe that has a better texture (IMHO). It's cheaper, so that's a big plus, and it's definitely more moisturizing. I just love the formula of the Color Whispers: they're creamy, comfortable, smooth, pigmented, and the colors I have are just gorgeous. So the only reason I can't give this a 5 is the staying power. Still worth whatever I paid for it at Target.