October 21, 2014 | 1215 users online

BB Cream - Garnier - BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector for Combination to Oily Skin

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2014 5:09:00 PM More reviews by zzaj

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

absolute love this product it has way more coverage than my Mac foundation that I have been using. Plus way healthier for the skin its more natural looking but provides more coverage Controls my oily skin all day I've tried expensive BB cream and foundation but nothing is like this I'm so glad I found this product!!!!!!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2014 3:29:00 PM More reviews by Jennlw5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I received a generous sample size of this and decided to give it a try. First thing I noticed is it looked like more of a foundation, they only offer 2 shades, the lightest is light/medium and it is a tad too dark for my fair skin. It is lightweight and silky. I applied my Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse over top and it blended beautifully. My skin looked smooth, healthy and pore free. I also noticed I didn't have the shiny t-zone even after several hours. I like this better than their 5 Sec Blur which did nothing to minimize my pores.
Now the reason I won't buy it again is due to the high amount of alcohol in it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2014 5:18:00 PM More reviews by justshortofordinary

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My holy grail base product! (That is, until I find a new one :D)

It's best for a quick, everyday quick fix; it doesn't cake easily and blends really, really well. I've used brushes, a sponge and fingers, and there isn't that much of a variation in the final product. Coverage, I'd say is light-medium. It does the job, covering up minor blemishes and slight discolouration. Depending on how severe your undereye circles are, it can cover them too. (If it can't, it's nothing a little concealer can't sort out.)
The BB cream gives a semi-matte, almost satin-like finish; again, depending on how oily your skin is, it can start off as semi-matte, ending in a more dewy finish after a few hours (best bet is after 5-6)
If you do have oilier/very oily skin, I'd recommend a good mattifying powder and some blotting sheets. Also, the product claims to be non-comedogenic, which is great for people with sensitive skin that is also acne prone. I haven't broken out once since I've started using it. (Two months and counting.)
Lasting power is surprisingly great; I apply it at around 8 in the morning and take it off at four, when I get home from school, and it still looks somewhat close to fresh. Just a lot more dewy.
Finally, it has an SPF of 20, although it isn't the highest, it's up there alongside the Revlon Photoready BB. I don't see a problem with SPF 20, but it would be really good if Garnier made it UVA and/or UVB absorbing; though, I think that's asking for a little bit too much.
I have two main gripes with this product; in the UK, only two shades are available. A light that is quite light and a darker medium. I am aware in the US they have three or four, but it is beyond my imagination as to why they're only making two shades available over here. In the winter, when I get a little paler, I can mix a bit of the light with some medium, and I have a perfect shade. It's a bit of a hassle however, especially when you're in a rush. On the plus side, the BB cream doesn't lean towards the warm or cool side; it strikes me as being more neutral, so it's a lot more forgiving to my olive-tan skin than most other foundations or BB creams I know.
Another problem I have is that the formula is quite watery and runny; it's advisable to store it upside down, so that you don't get streams of the product flooding out. Yes, with very quick and easy blending comes a price.
The product really is for oily/combination skin, as there is quite a bit of alcohol in it (not a boatload, however). This may be a concern for some people, especially for those with sensitive noses due to there being a strong scent at first which thankfully doesn't linger throughout the day.
If you have dry skin, you could get away with using this, but moisturising is key, as well as exfoliating to get rid of any dry spots to prevent the product clinging to them
Finally, the product comes in a box, which I think adds a nice touch to it, seeing as how most other drugstore BB creams come without boxes. Additionally, due to its runny consistency, a pump would be very handy. (*cough* like Étude House's Precious Minerals BB *cough*)
I'd like to add that you will need to have a look in the skincare aisle for this.
I bought this at Boots for around £9.99, but it's around 2fl oz or 60ml, so it should be enough for a while (again, depending on how often you use it)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2014 4:44:00 AM More reviews by larosedechanel

Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector is my favorite BB cream; I wear it for everyday looks or days I don't want to wear anything too heavy. Some people do build it up to a medium finish, but I prefer a sheer coverage with this makeup. It really does even out my skin tone & it worked well with my oily skin. A lot of products made especially for combination to oily skin don't work as well as I need them to but this does that. I don't think this gave me a true matte finish, but the way it looks nice & natural on my skin is great.

The cream is a little watery in my opinion, but it does blend easily & matches my red skin tone so well. I do think it looks a little weird when I first put it on; I really like how it looks after my skin soaks it up—it looks less cakey after it sets. A lot of people complain about how it's a bit red & oxidizes orange & honestly, I like it because I do have redness in my face & it's hard for me to find dark foundation/BB creams that are red-toned. This does hold up throughout the day, & I am definitely a fan. Though there aren't many options if you have dark/black skin, if you're around the NW40 range, I'd try it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2014 2:21:00 AM More reviews by AnGKo1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Just tried this product for the first time today (bought medium/deep for $20+tax in Canada). I primed the left side of my face while leaving the right side bare to see which showed better results. The foundation went on smoothly however it was a tad bit too dark but not that noticeable. I did not apply any other make up (concealor, eye make up, etc) and went to work for 10 hours. I completely forgot that I was wearing makeup because it was that light (I work at a clinic so I had moments where I was running around sweating AND I rarely do wear makeup to work so it felt like a regular "no make up" day). At the end of my shift I noticed that my face was not oily but only my forehead was shiny. Surprisingly, without wearing makeup I usually have MORE oil on my face so this foundation acted as an oil control product. I can compare the foundation's texture to Urban Decay's Naked Skin Weightless Ultra Definition Liquid Makeup (my favourite foundation) but Garnier is 100x better because it produced no oil. The downside to the BB cream is that you only have 3 shades to choose from. Conclusion: because this foundation is so great I am willing to buy the lighter shade to mix with my current medium foundation. Also the foundation looks much better with primer and does NOT oxidize!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2014 1:44:00 AM More reviews by teenofchrist

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is amazing! It has great coverage and so affordable! Blends like a dream and feels light on the skin yet my skin looks flawless! Just bought this on a whim after hearing all the hype about it and I'm mad I didn't get this sooner! I never use my high end foundations anymore. HOLY GRAIL STATUS! My face looks like it's glowing yet still natural. I always get alot of compliments when I wear this BB cream. As if it couldn't get any better, you get 2.5 fl oz for only $12! That's a steal!!!!
*I am the shade Light/Medium and it matches me perfectly. I'm a MAC NC30 for reference

Pros
flawless, natural looking
long wearing
light weight
inexpensive
tons of product
SPF 15
blends like a dream

Cons
none

rated 2 of 5 on 7/16/2014 5:23:00 AM More reviews by PuffyT

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have combination skin; oily on my T-zone and dry cheeks. This bb cream does not break me out and smells fairly nice, however it oxidizes and makes my skin look orange. The consistency of the product is very runny so it applies smooth, but the packaging tends to make it leak, causing a very messy lid! After 2-3 hours of this on, it makes my face look greasy :( I wouldn't recommend this product to anyone with fair and oily skin. If you have a tan/medium skintone, maybe it'd work for you!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2014 1:56:00 AM More reviews by Jules0X

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

AMAZING. Love this stuff. Great coverage for a BB cream; I'd actually say this is more comparable to a foundation. It goes on flawlessly with just your fingers, and the staying power is quite decent. I'd recommend a good powder or blotter for later in the day, as it doesn't stay matte, but you will get a few hours. I prefer this to every foundation I've ever
tried.

Pros:
- Great coverage!
- Great finish (matte and not at all cakey)
- Good price
- A little goes a long way

Cons:
- not a wide colour range, although it does blend nicely
- can smudge or settle into pores if you sweat or get overly hot (but any product will do this too)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2014 6:29:00 PM More reviews by janekeen

Personally, I hate foundation. I just prefer BB Creams. I think I found my favorite!
I have combination / acne prone skin. This stuff makes my skin glow and feel healthier and best part is it covers my acne / acne marks fairly well! I'm so thrilled with this product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2014 2:06:00 PM More reviews by missn74

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have a lot of pigmentations on my skin from acne. I was looking for a concealer but I didn't just want to cover them up. I wanted to try a bb cream as it helps with marks and large pores. I got the shade medium/deep since the light/medium would be too light. The product is very watery and will leak. I applied it on and I notice that it was a little too dark and a bit reddish orange. This will work if you are very tanned otherwise you will look like an oompa loompa.
It does not mattify at all it feels slightly sticky on the skin. It doesn't minimizes pores only covers them? However it has great coverage for a bb cream and I find that the best way to apply is using a egg sponge.