September 23, 2014 | 1850 users online

BB Cream - Holika Holika - Aqua Petit Jelly BB Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2014 5:34:00 PM More reviews by Devi83

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I tried this stuff after reading good reviews. Missha cho bo yang was my favorite bb cream, but the color match isn't perfect and I found it too heavy for warmer weather. I'm so happy I tried this because for my pale yellow toned skin, shade 1 is the most perfect color match I've found yet! I like the light jelly texture, it has good coverage, a nice light smell and dries to a matte finish without looking heavy or cakey. When set with a good powder it lasts all day and my skin doesn't look very oily at all when i wear this. I think it may be too matte for me to use in colder temperatures, but this will be my go to for warm humid weather, always!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2014 11:39:00 PM More reviews by ewon8413

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Starting off with the review, I'm just going to say this: I wear this every other day for the school year (not the summer as it's too heavy for anything other than CC cream).

CLAIMS:
*moisturization
*soft and jelly-like skin

Well, not a lot of claims really... but whatever! It does EXACTLY THAT, and makes my feel feel soft (not powdery, but not sticky/dewy either) like my REAL skin. And it's not drying either, so I guess that means it's moisturizing(?).

FIRST IMPRESSIONS:
*covering texture, application, etc etera.

FEELS: (eh) I tend to be more sensitive when it comes to the weight of a product, so this wasn't the best thing for me. But it's definitely not as heavy as your typical American BB cream.
SMELL: (love) for fragrance-sensitive folks, it's not for you, but for those who love the scent of lingering ROSES and such, then this is perfect for you!
TEXTURE: (love) watery like it suggest and kind of fun to play with xP
PIGMENTATION: (love) this covers EVERYTHING on my face and covers TOO MUCH to the point my face looks close to perfected (not the most attractive look)
FINISH: (eh) not a big fan of matte, but whatevs.

APPLICATION: (eh) doesn't tell you how to use it, but using a sponge is a BAD idea since this product absorbs really quickly into it.
MY APPLICATION PROCESS:
#1: Apply the spatula over the fingers.
#2: Apply where needed.

WEAR OF PRODUCT:

TIME: (love) lasts a VERY LONG time. No joke (12 hours) and without sebum build up (6 hours)
LOOKS: (eh) kind of can get around the fine lines if used too much, but if you use the PERFECT amount (which is about a small peck over my pinky finger) then it's BEAUTIFUL.
WEAR: (bad) rubs off onto my clothes, but without touching the face (which is hard since it's so matte and baby-soft), it lasts a very long time.
REACTION: (eh) with fragrance, it may react, but so far, no redness, no acne, no blackheads or pores, no nothing really.
REMOVAL: (love) it's really easy to cleanse off (oil).

THE PACKAGING:

TRAVEL: (bad) heavy and made of frosted glass.
SPECIFICS: (love) the spatula is so UNIQUE and the way it screws off it really nice. The frosted glass makes for a sight and I can see myself using the container in the future once I'm done with the product.
VANITY: (love) OMG. Frosted glass and is the shape of JELL-O?!? Thanks down, this is the cutest BB cream by far.

Price is okay, rounding around $13 dollars US.
It's your typical BB cream but if there was something they can improve are the properties of this BB cream since I really was like "xD well, what makes this BB cream different from others?" but the packaging definitely lured me to buy it.
For makeup: AMAZING.
For skincare: EH?
For dazzling up your vanity?: DEFINITELY.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2014 11:38:00 PM More reviews by kmichael

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I would have loved this had it not broken me out and had the packaging not been so annoying. The lightest color was perfect for me, the texture is heavenly and feels cooling and moist, and the coverage can be sheered out really nicely. Like all of my favorite BB creams, it sets slightly tacky and gives a fantastic almost-dewy look that isn't too outrageous but still looks fresh.

I generally don't break out from foundations, so whatever is in this stuff must have really irritated my skin. I ended up with clogged pores and -- the worst -- perioral dermatitis bumps, which take forever to go away. No thank you!

Also, I took a lippie off for packaging, because this is the singularly most terrible foundation bottle design I have ever come across. It's even worse than my hated Armani Maestro dropper, which is pretty much Satan. The mouth of the bottle is too fat to pour directly out of, and too skinny to see what you're scooping. The spatula delivery is the worst because I have to set the tiny annoying lid down to go find a clean disposable spatula and blah blah blah. You get the picture: more trouble than it's worth.

That said, I probably would have stuck with it in spite of the packaging had it not completely wrecked my skin. If you're not sensitive, it's worth a try.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2014 3:14:00 PM More reviews by jamboreeo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love how this BB cream is light weight, non-tacky and easy to spread. It feels like nothing on my skin and smells light. My skin still becomes greasy throughout the day but not as quickly with BB cream on. I apply it with a wet sponge or a face brush. I don't wear BB creams daily as I am afraid it will clog my sensitive acne prone skin. However, I do feel that it softens and smooths my skin after I wash my face. I only wish there were more variety in shades. I bought shade 2 which is still a bit light for me. It isn't a deal breaker since I do apply bronzer over the BB cream but I can see how this can be a problem for people with darker or tan skin tones. In the summer, I tan and this would not be as suitable for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2014 2:30:00 PM More reviews by PaperAlias

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased shade #2 (Aqua Neutral). I am around NC20-25, with yellow undertones, oily/acne-prone skin. This BB cream only comes in two shades (boooo).

I purchased this on eBay for just under USD$13 (40 mL) with free shipping. It came in a box with an oval wedge sponge.

This shade has a neutral undertone but still suits me very well. It has a thin gel-cream consistency (almost reminds me of MUFE Face & Body). It has a light, cool perfume scent, which I don't find overwhelming. I apply this using my fingers, and it is very easy to blend. I would describe the finish as semi-matte, and the coverage is light to medium, but buildable. Even when I layer over twice in some spots, it still doesn't look cakey or settle into lines. This BB cream contains peppermint extract, so it actually feels quite cooling upon application, which is really nice during warm weather. I have to set it with a powder to keep it lasting throughout the day on my oily face (as with pretty much any base makeup I use).

The packaging is very attractive (resembles a jello mold -- cuuuute) but it's not very practical. It's made of frosted glass, so it is breakable. The cap contains a spatula but it does not reach the bottom if the jar, so it may be difficult to scrape any remaining product out. A squeeze bottle would have been perfect, in my opinion.

I've used this BB cream over the past month and it has never broken me out. It won't control oil by itself and It doesn't do much to hide enlarged pores without a primer, but it gives me such a nice, natural-looking finish. It does not oxidize on me either. It has SPF20 PA++ (a little lower than my preferred 30 but better than nothing). It feels a little bit moisturizing, so I can even skip my moisturizer if I wear this.

Aside from the packaging issue, I am a fan of this BB cream. It's relatively affordable compared to other high-quality Asian BB creams. It feels light and comfortable to wear while providing decent buildable coverage, and it has not clogged my pores. I would recommend (if you're lucky enough to fall within the very narrow shade range) and I would repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2014 7:28:00 AM More reviews by BriddaBella

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have bought this because Michlle Phan was raving about it and overall it seemed to have pretty good reviews.

I love the cute packaging. It comes in an adorable looking jar along with an applicator sponge. I am not a sponge fan when it comes to makeup, so I don't really use it.

This particular BB Cream has a jelly type consistency and comes in 2 different shades.
I am currently using #02 and it gives sheer to medium coverage making your skin looks naturally radiant, however it does have a slight whitening property like most Korean BB Creams. It can also oxidise and make your skin look a litte patchy and orange if you don't apply it properly.

However overall this is a very affordable BB Cream that I can highly recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2014 4:12:00 AM More reviews by ljwdynyse

one of the best BB cream I have ever used! its very moisturising and your skin just absorbs all the moisture in the cream. Light coverage so very good to work with if u have relatively good skin (although the coverage is build able). rather dewy finish. only sad thing is that it does not really cover up pores, so you might have to put some pore cover first. otherwise than this, this is a really great product. will recommend it to everyone.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2014 3:34:00 AM More reviews by noisewar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

the BEST BB cream ive ever used. makes your skin looks radiant and spreads evenly. the smell is light and does not bother me. other BB cream ive used were either too thick or enhances my pores/whiteheads in a disgusting way but this, after using a few days, i fell in love with it and no longer looking at other BB cream. oil control is good as well. minus one lippie as i wish it had spf 30 so i wont need to use another sunscreen underneath. i have this in shade 01 and fits my asian yellow skin well :)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2014 7:48:00 PM More reviews by nyenisu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i think this bb cream was supposed to be around $15, correct? however, the place i bought it at priced it at $26. it was extremely overpriced. (pacific mall, btw) the packaging was very cute, and came with a sponge as well.

i have an oily t-zone and dry cheeks/some parts of my forehead. my skin is mostly clear. i was VERY afraid that i would breakout or have some kind of reaction, but i didn't, so yay!
anyway, i bought the lightest shade because the salesperson said it matched me better. however, when i put it on my face, it was a tad lighter than my real skin colour, but thankfully it blended to match my skin tone after a few minutes, which was surprising! i applied a very light layer to my face. after leaving it on for around 6 hours, i noticed that my skin started to get oily as usual, but this did not affect the product. i felt like i didn't even have the bb cream on! it has a very light coverage, and doesn't look fake, like some of the heavy coverage bb creams. removing it was very easy. i didn't have makeup remover at that time, so i just used my aveeno cleanser, and it seemed to do the job! my sister + some friends said i looked paler and my skin looked clearer, which was what i was aiming for.

now for the negative points..
i didn't really like the bottle/spatula. it's pretty heavy and i'm not sure what to do when i'm almost out of the bb cream and i can't scoop it out with the spatula, which is attached to the lid. some of the ingredients made me hesitant to buy it, because it contained sodium benzoate and parabens. there is not enough research to prove that parabens are carcinogens, but i think it's best not to use too many products with parabens. you never know.
overall, i think the pros outweigh the cons, and i would buy this again, ONLY if i seriously needed it everyday (which i doubt) and found out a little more on parabenzenes. i bought this jar as a tester for skin sensitivity, and occasional usage. i would recommend it to everyone, but i would recommend everyone to look over the ingredient list of not just this product, but for all products as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2014 12:42:00 PM More reviews by Vievy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

The overall feel after applied is good. I have combination of oily over the t zone area and extremely dry over my cheek. This BB cream does not makes my skin overly dry or oily. I only apply a thin layer and it stays throughout the day till evening!

Nice texture and pleasant feel after application. You will not look very white like what most of the BB cream in the market does.

Downside : It will be perfect if they came out something similar with a higher SPF.