Tarte Pure Maracuja Oil

3.8

Maracuja Oil

on 8/26/2015 7:34:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

A hydrating oil that's rather fluid, spreads and absorbs quickly, leaving skin with a dewy finish. It feels rather lightweight and fortunately has not led to any breakouts. Looking at the ingredients it's basically maracuja oil and vitamin E. I've only used this at night as per instructions. While I like it because it hydrates and my skin looks rather supple in the morning I don't love it because I haven't seen any remarkable difference in my skin. I've not found much informaton on maracuja apart from it being related to passion fruit and I'm not convinced of the touted benefits as described in Tarte's packaging. For example I haven't seen noticeable brightening on change in texture. Certainly not the next super oil/1 ingredient miracle like argan or coconut. Basically this functions just like a basic moisturizer for me and in order to benefit my skin I'd need a good serum to supplement.

on 8/15/2015 9:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I decided to give maracuja oil a shot as I have been diligently using Argan oil for years. Its just ok in my book. Nothing specular. The oil does absorb in quickly. Skin feels smooth in the morning. I can add a drop into my foundation for a more dewy finish. I just didn't see anything more than I do with my argan oil. The bottle is pretty, but the dropper is USELESS. I ended up pouring it into an empty argan oil bottle because I hated the dropper so much.

on 7/10/2015 12:10:00 PM

I got a small tester-sized bottle of this the last time I bought some Tarte products from Ulta and as I've used pure Argan oil on my face before, I was intrigued to try this to see how it compared (as I'd heard it's supposed to be better). The answer? It's... OK. I wouldn't say it's anything to write home about and after using it every night for the last 4-5 weeks, I can't say I've noticed a great deal of difference in the overall look of my skin.

One thing that really frustrates me is the bottle in comes in, particularly the little dispenser/dropper lid - it's so fiddly and annoying and NEVER dispenses enough product!! I've taken to just pouring a little bit into the palm of my hand and adding a bit more if I've not dispensed quite enough the first time. I can see why Tarte have designed the lid in this way - to ensure you get the 2-3 drops recommended - but it stands for nothing if it doesn't even dispense those drops in the first place.

Based on my experiences with it and the fact it costs $48.00 for 1.7 fl oz (around 30.00 for 48ml), I'll be going back to my tried and trusted Argan oil which I've definitely seen results from and which doesn't have any annoying packaging to contend with!

on 7/6/2015 3:27:00 AM

I love this oil so much! I have had a hard time trying to find a moisturizer for my skin, and i stumbled upon this product few months ago and decided to try it, i got the sample sized and it lasted for quite awhile (5 freaking months!)

The oil absorbs very well into my skin, i have 0 problem with the smell and what not. It doesnt feel oily, doesnt even make you look oily! So goooddd

My skin look visibly smoother after only 4 days of using it. I have bad stubbly acne on my forehead for 2 years and it decreases amazingly over time. The travel-sized bottle is way cheaper and could last you a year! I highly recommend this product.

(Though i still have tiny bumps on my forehead and i wonder how to get rid of them)

on 6/25/2015 2:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

i do like this oil, but not love it
It moisturizes my face yes, other than that i see nothing improvement
Already finish my bottle, no significant results, kinda tricky a bit when you use with other serum, sometimes it break me out, so a single use is prefer, too moist i think if use with other

on 6/21/2015 11:40:00 AM

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

This oil is the best i have tried so far. I have used renew and trilogy rose hip oil, they did not work so well.

This oil has healing effect, it is fast to absorb and doesnt look oily when apply properly. It is moisturizing. I could use this during the day without making myself look oily. It makes my skin smoother and softer. You can feel the effect on your hands immediately. It doesnt clog pores.

I will repurchase, but i am not sure if there is cheaper maracuja oil alternatives

on 6/19/2015 12:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I purchased the rollerball version of this oil at Ulta last year during my birthday month. So it has lasted me exactly 11 months. I didn't use it every night, but when I ran out of my nighttime moisturizer -- I figured I would use this every night to see what it truly does to my skin. Wow. This makes my skin bright each morning after I've put this all over my face at night. I was averse to using oil until I tried this out. Yes, it is pricey, the rollerball was only $17 and I used a $10 off coupon, which was a great deal for trying this out. I would purchase this again, but only on sale. Sometimes it is part of Ulta's Beauty Steals that they have a couple times a year.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

Price: I paid ~$5 for a "deluxe" sample bottle (Purchased in 2 different kits = 2 samples) of the Tarte maracuja oil. (YES - it is JUST cold-pressed passion fruit seed oil! and I intend to look for it at Sprout's market in the future. However, I purchased the kits for discounted bronzers/blushes after becoming a huge fan in late 2014. Prior to purchasing these kits I literally laughed at people when they told me to put oil on my face. I CLEARLY have noticeable cystic acne/scarring and I thought they were insane.)

Packaging: Cute! I found no issue with the squeeze-top dropper. You can't fill the dropper to the lid but you can get ~4 drops in.

Overall: Has significantly cleared my cystic acne and rescues my skin from chemical burns when I use too much/many prescription&OTC acne medications. I now use it on my hands, neck and legs and I have not had any problems with acne for folliculitis. My skin has completely changed from using this stuff. I feel like it reduces redness as well.

on 4/22/2015 6:46:00 PM

I really REALLY liked this product, however I don't know if the price tag justifies the purchase... I could see how this would last you a very long time because of how little product you actually need.. But there are very similar products out there that can be found a lot cheaper! I have used this product for the dry areas and flaking around my nose caused by my retinol (It usually takes just a few drops for my whole face). I apply it after my retinol but before my moisturizer and it really makes me skin look and feel great! However I don't think I would repurchase this particular brand when I can go to the Heath food store and pick up the same product for 8$ (and it's also certified organic etc.).. Didn't break me out, I didn't have any irritation and no perfume smells to this product! I just personally don't want to spend the money on this again when I know similar things exist for much less! I will definitely use this up tho!

on 4/14/2015 9:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Got a sample of this from Sephora and OMG I love this stuff, I just use at night bc too oily under makeup but has made my skin feel so soft and I saw improvements in just overall look of my skin after just a few nights. Bought a large bottle, I'll keep this in my routine from here on out. Will update if things change!

Popular Treatments (Face)