Tarte Pure Maracuja Oil

3.8

Maracuja Oil

on 6/25/2015 2:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

i do like this oil, but not love it
It moisturizes my face yes, other than that i see nothing improvement
Already finish my bottle, no significant results, kinda tricky a bit when you use with other serum, sometimes it break me out, so a single use is prefer, too moist i think if use with other

on 6/21/2015 11:40:00 AM

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

This oil is the best i have tried so far. I have used renew and trilogy rose hip oil, they did not work so well.

This oil has healing effect, it is fast to absorb and doesnt look oily when apply properly. It is moisturizing. I could use this during the day without making myself look oily. It makes my skin smoother and softer. You can feel the effect on your hands immediately. It doesnt clog pores.

I will repurchase, but i am not sure if there is cheaper maracuja oil alternatives

on 6/19/2015 12:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I purchased the rollerball version of this oil at Ulta last year during my birthday month. So it has lasted me exactly 11 months. I didn't use it every night, but when I ran out of my nighttime moisturizer -- I figured I would use this every night to see what it truly does to my skin. Wow. This makes my skin bright each morning after I've put this all over my face at night. I was averse to using oil until I tried this out. Yes, it is pricey, the rollerball was only $17 and I used a $10 off coupon, which was a great deal for trying this out. I would purchase this again, but only on sale. Sometimes it is part of Ulta's Beauty Steals that they have a couple times a year.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Price: I paid ~$5 for a "deluxe" sample bottle (Purchased in 2 different kits = 2 samples) of the Tarte maracuja oil. (YES - it is JUST cold-pressed passion fruit seed oil! and I intend to look for it at Sprout's market in the future. However, I purchased the kits for discounted bronzers/blushes after becoming a huge fan in late 2014. Prior to purchasing these kits I literally laughed at people when they told me to put oil on my face. I CLEARLY have noticeable cystic acne/scarring and I thought they were insane.)

Packaging: Cute! I found no issue with the squeeze-top dropper. You can't fill the dropper to the lid but you can get ~4 drops in.

Overall: Has significantly cleared my cystic acne and rescues my skin from chemical burns when I use too much/many prescription&OTC acne medications. I now use it on my hands, neck and legs and I have not had any problems with acne for folliculitis. My skin has completely changed from using this stuff. I feel like it reduces redness as well.

on 4/22/2015 6:46:00 PM

I really REALLY liked this product, however I don't know if the price tag justifies the purchase... I could see how this would last you a very long time because of how little product you actually need.. But there are very similar products out there that can be found a lot cheaper! I have used this product for the dry areas and flaking around my nose caused by my retinol (It usually takes just a few drops for my whole face). I apply it after my retinol but before my moisturizer and it really makes me skin look and feel great! However I don't think I would repurchase this particular brand when I can go to the Heath food store and pick up the same product for 8$ (and it's also certified organic etc.).. Didn't break me out, I didn't have any irritation and no perfume smells to this product! I just personally don't want to spend the money on this again when I know similar things exist for much less! I will definitely use this up tho!

on 4/14/2015 9:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Got a sample of this from Sephora and OMG I love this stuff, I just use at night bc too oily under makeup but has made my skin feel so soft and I saw improvements in just overall look of my skin after just a few nights. Bought a large bottle, I'll keep this in my routine from here on out. Will update if things change!

on 4/11/2015 9:57:00 AM

I've made a wrong turn for this product and worst 2 weeks agony in my life.

I bought this product three months ago from Sephora. At first, it gives my skin a healthy supple look. But within a week, my skin started to dry and itchy. Even worst, i had rashes all over my face and neck. It's like suffer from ringworms or yeast infection. Disgusting! And it gives me this burning sensation all over my face and meck. So i stopped using it including any products at that time in order for my skin to recover. Of course, i did went to the nearest hospital.

It took time for my skin to recover.

Yep, threw it away. Not going to buy it anymore.

I really don't see what is so special about this.. You can get coconut oil or other maracuja oil for MUCH cheaper at a grocery store or online and it does the same thing! Yea this was kinda nice but not worth it. Other cheaper treatments have worked a lot better for me. I've been using this for almost 3 weeks just to see what it's all about and it just made me oily. I didn't see any improvements till I went back to my regular products. I did keep me from breaking out or getting worse so I'll give it 2. I'd go 2.5 if I could but it's not quite worth 3 IMO due to price. Maracuja oil is good stuff, but this is like paying $30 for a 18oz bottle of water. Sorry Tarte!

on 4/8/2015 1:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I only use a 2-3 drops of this at night time because I find that my make up starts pilling if I use it in the morning, even if I wait up to half an hour before applying, so I don't know what's going on there but it's definitely this oil causing it.

It is fairly moisturising but I have to use a lot to get the level of hydration my dry skin needs and I don't like the texture it leaves on my skin while I wait for it to absorb, so I mix it in with my cream moisturiser as a booster which makes it much easier to spread and sink in. There is a noticeable softness to the skin once it absorbs and it leaves a temporary, pleasant glow.

I made the mistake off trying to remove eye makeup with it in a pinch when travelling, because most oils I've tried are multifunctional and can lift off makeup, but not this. It stings and just makes a huge mess. So I learned the hard way this isn't at all good for cleansing, stick to using it as a moisturiser or booster.

The smell is not at all nice but it dissipates quickly. The consistency is similar to argan oil, but results are not quite as amazing for me. The packaging is undeniably gorgeous, with the classy purple glass, squared off shape to avoid it rolling if knocked over, and functional dropper. For the price point it doesn't wow me enough to warrant a repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Works well when patted onto my dry skin after a shower or when a drop or 2 is mixed in with my foundation. My skin feels hydrated and soft, but after I stopped using this product, my skin was as dry as ever. Which means that this isn't a long-term treatment, it's just a short-term product for "in the moment" soothing.