Tarte Pure Maracuja Oil

3.8

Maracuja Oil

I'm a huge fan of oils for EVERYTHING: tea tree for scalp and acne, vitamin E and coconut for body and face, and Maracuja for when my face is super dry. This helps when my skin is feeling parched and tight. A few drops does the trick. I have eczema prone skin and haven't had a negative reaction to this oil yet. Oh, and I prefer this over Josie Maran's Argan products!

I got this a WHILE ago as a free sample at Sephora. I was hesitant because I thought that this would make me break out (I have combination skin- normal to a little dry skin sometimes with an oily t-zone). Over time and to my pleasant surprise, it did not break me out and it was moisturizing. But even better is I noticed this started to fade red acne scars- please bear in mind though that my acne scars were light to moderate. This faded it so much for me though and I was hooked. This is expensive so I was recommended to buy the passion fruit oil from garden of wisdom because it's apparently the same thing. Make no mistake: while the garden of wisdom oil is nice and I use it as a moisturizer, it did not contain the benefit of the Tarte maracuja oil for me which is reducing acne scarring. While my skin is clear now, I am prone to blemishes here and there that still scar for no reason sometimes. 🙄

This is a HG item for me and I find it is worth the money. Once my passion seed oil is finished, I'll be buying Tarte again. I also love it's drip top :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I got this in a mini size for some promotion but was really surprised at how small the mini size was for the pricetag. As always, gorgeous packaging, but I don't know about the hype behind this one?

This does make a nice primer, but you really have to follow with a series of non-oily foundations. I've been raving about Epic Mineral Beauty because my skin is so sensitive, and those products go well over this when used as a primer. Do not get it too close to the eyes if wearing during the day though - after taking a test and having to look down a lot, my mascara was everywhere because I'd unfortunately put this too close to my eyelashes.

I read somewhere that this oil needs to be packaged in purple, as weird as that sounds, so it's nice to see that the brand knows the nuances like that and also really adds some elegant twists to the packaging. I think this is one of their more pure products- they do carry a slew of products I wouldn't buy because in the "natural makeup world" they're really not all that natural. Would I buy this again? Probably just stick to coconut or jojoba oil, but it has some pluses too. So, eh, consider it, especially if you are like me and love good packaging...

Nope. Not a fan of things that make me break out. This was pretty bad, i think it's be good for dry skin that isn't sensitive, but my combination super sensitive skin freaked out.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Is this worth the price tag? I think yes! Granted it is expensive and I run through this stuff but it has done wonders for my complexion. After about of using this I didn't even want to put on foundation because my skin was glowing! Granted I don't really have sensitive skin, acne or skin issues to cover up. I even bring some down my neck. I love this stuff!!

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Acne-prone people be aware. This contains tocopherol (vitamin e) which is comedogenic and can cause breakouts in some people. I cannot use any products with it as it will clog my skin. Maracuja oil (passionfruit seed oil) is otherwise a great dry oil that absorbs quickly and nourishes the skin. I love Tarte's packaging but the added vitamin e as a preservative is just a no go for me. You can find cheaper alternatives on Amazon that is pure 100% maracuja oil. I can't justify paying so much for a subpar formula for just the cute bottle.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

.I had been saving a big trial size bottle of this for quite a bit (I must have not liked it initially which is why I stored it) but I had no rich moisturizers and decided to give this oil a whirl. First I'm going to write about what I found out through my research under "maracuja oil" because I love when MUAER's write factual information about the product they review which allows me to make an educated decision and then second, I will share my experience. When I first received my nice size sample, I was curious as to the name "WTH is maracuja oil!"

This oil derives from passionfruit plant or seeds of passionfruit (make sure you don't have allergies to this). It is known to be an excellent emollient and is best advised for use on dry skin. It is one of the best resources for linoleic acid which is actually a fat and is best used after harsh skincare products because of its healing properties and it reduces scars/scarring. A common myth of maracuja oil is that it helps acne but frankly this "myth" didn't apply to me (i will go into detail later on in my review). Apparently there is not enough evidence to link the two together. Actually a side effect that has been documented is that some people do in fact breakout. In my case my breakouts were lighter. Another benefit of this oil is that's it is used for treating sun damaged skin.

So now for my experience with this Tarte product. I had used a peel and my skin was super flaky so I was looking around my room for something very hydrating since my normal moisturizer wasn't helping one tiny bit.. Keep in mind I have combo skin so I rarely ever use rich moisturizers.After using it 2 nights my skin was back to normal and was supple for the first time in a while.These are huge changes in such a short time so I was excited to continue using it and felt this was ironic because one of the uses listed was as a post peel skincare treatmnet! After over a month of using it (2 to 3 nights a week) I didn't get any breakouts other than my monthly breakout. In fact my acne was less and I didn't get any super giant ones :p This is the only thing I added to my skin regimen which is why I strongly believe that this oil should be given credit for helping my acne (I was also using a a different Vit. C for a few of those days so maybe the new C had also done something???) Note that i haven't ran into any products including prescribed ones that were able relieve my acne (my retin A just stopped responding after a year) I am very pleasantly surprised that an oil was able to do this. I've heard that facial oils don't clog pores and have favorable traits towards the face when using them properly. I'm thrilled to say that I've reaped the benefits of this oil. I've tried other ones (rose hip, squalene (not the shark oil) which I'm still currently using but haven't notice any changes in my skin) The packaging is great. It's in a luxury looking dropper bottle (with a wooden top), which I will definitely stash once I'm done with it. It was an absolute delight to try out this product. I just don't know if I'd go out and purchase this product. The price is steep but my skin benefits from it. Hoping I can find another oil for a fraction of the price. Sidenote: I wish all trial sizes were this big and packaged beautifully.

Because I have oily skin I was SUPER skeptical to buy this product specifically because it's an "oil". Oily skin and adding oil? Just didn't sound right.. But everything I read said try it. I ended up getting a bottle as a splurge and let me just say... Wow! Very first night I tried it I woke up the next morning and I swear my skin was soft and super refreshed! Like I gave my face a dose of vitamins the night before.. I love it! You only need a tiny bit (a little goes a long way) I literally PRESS the product into my skin and use the excess on the back of my hands.. Now my hands are looking fabulous :) I want to use it everywhere :)

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I used a sample size bottle as a facial oil (I use argan oil on a regular basis). This was the only product in my life that made me break out. It was terrible. As soon as I stopped using it my skin cleared up. I used the rest on my legs and that was fine but I would never repurchase.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

saw it on qvc and they said it would give you a "glow" not true, it took it back
argan oil is better