November 21, 2014 | 1447 users online

Treatments (Face) - Tarte - Pure Maracuja Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2014 11:39:00 AM More reviews by Shelly128p

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

before using this my skin was dehydrated.
when i wash my face it gets tight/dry but when i put moisturizer on it's normal.
throughout the day it produces oil and breaks down my foundation.
this product is a great treatment. it's awesome. i'm not too worried about antiaging but it's a plus that it has great benefits.
i use this at night.
packaging is good. it's difficult to package oil. the glass bottle worries me bc i'm clumsy lol and the dropper is kind of odd but this is the best way to package oil.
it's pricey but a little goes a long way and it doesn't have any extra fillers which is great.

dont let the work oil scare you!!!
this is a different kind of oil than what your face produces.

it really locks in the moisture and sinks deep.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/20/2014 8:14:00 AM More reviews by yesdnilw

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Well the oil worked as far as re-moisturizing my hands and making them nice and soft against the cold and dry wind but I will pass on buying especially since this is refined and the price. That is a ridiculous amount of money for this product. I'll be looking for an unrefined maracuja oil when I run out of this stuff. Thanks ipsy!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2014 5:23:00 PM More reviews by evanlami

This product is fantastic! It leaves my skin super soft and radiant. I use it at night in combination with a light moisturizer and it works wonderfully. Contrary to popular belief, oils like this are actually very good for your skin and can even help better control the oil your skin produces. For a long time I made the mistake of trying to strip the oils from my face, in an attempt to both keep my skin less oily *and* control my acne. Big mistake! Our skin is smart and will notice the lack of oil and then try and overcompensate for that lack of oil by...you guessed it! Producing more oil. I am a big fan of using oils to both cleanse the skin and moisturize it. This product helps me do just that. You need very little oil to do this, so the bottle will last you a long time. Pair this with a light night moisturizer and you'll wake up with soft, radiant skin!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/14/2014 5:00:00 PM More reviews by giggles292

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Not a big fan of putting oil on my face as a moisturizer because it just doesn't feel right to me. Instead I mix 40% oil with 60% rose water and use it as a makeup remover, which I prefer over using makeup removers found in the store. So for the purpose of making a makeup remover with this oil it works out great, does not cause any breakouts or irritations but the price is just to steep for me and I would not repurchase unless it was priced half off. Instead I prefer to use jojoba oil over Tarte's maracuja due to the pricing difference.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/16/2014 10:34:00 PM More reviews by susubee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Maracuja Oil...the UNREFINED version that is. The packaging of Tarte's Maracuja oil is absolutely divine but it is way OVERPRICED and unfortunately REFINED. Pure UNREFINED Maracuja Oil has a very distinct scent. It's not a very pleasant scent but it dissipates quickly. The unrefined version is loaded with antioxidants and I found an Unrefined Maracuja Oil for more than HALF the price at www.oleinbeauty.com. I purchased 1 oz. for $20 and I apply it to my clean face in the evening before bed. This oil has worked wonders for my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2014 11:16:00 AM More reviews by phylalexan

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this product! I have tried a few other oils and I always go back to this one. I use it as a night time moisturizer after I apply serum and let it dry - then I add a couple drops of this and work it into my skin (almost massaging it - see Lisa Eldrige video on face massaging!) and in the morning -- I almost look forward to feeling how soft my skin feels. It works better than any moisturizer I have tried.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2014 7:40:00 PM More reviews by sjcgammon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got a deluxe sample from Sephora. I clean my face and put three drops (absorbs quickly for me) on that covers my entire face followed by CVS timeless renewal night cream. I wake up with my face nice and clean and feeling nice.

When it ran out I purchased the largest bottle from sephora and I transfer product as needed into the small bottle.

When I took a break from the oil I started having breakouts and dry patches.Within days two days of restarting my skin started clearing up. It has a smell that requires some adjustment but it does not last long.

While the price is high the longevity of the product makes it worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2014 12:19:00 AM More reviews by Law08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

LOOOVVVEEE!

i apply almost daily, saw improvement in face tone in just two weeks! soooo moisturizing! i even use it on my cuticles! makes dark under eye circles disappear! solo glad i tried this stuff! A+ for sure!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/20/2014 12:47:00 PM More reviews by gbianc

Meh! This product didn't really do anything. I didn't break out from it, which was nice, but it did nothing to improve the look of my skin, and with its really high price, I at least wanted to see some sort of improvement, anything would have been nice. The smell is a little off putting, almost like stale oil. You only use a few drops and it goes on smoothly, it does take a few moments for it to get absorbed in your skin. I can see people with dry skin benefiting from this, but I was really unimpressed. I use it in my night-time routine, only because it was so expensive and I refuse to let it go to waste. I gave it two stars because the bottle is pretty.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/18/2014 11:38:00 PM More reviews by dinodog

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It is overpriced refined (means chemically treated) maracuja oil. It is not natural oil. Why pay so much for it? The only one nice thing about that oil is nice bottle. If you ever saw and tried natural maracuja (passiionfuir seed oil - Passiflora edulis) you will know that natural oil is not almost clear (or very light yellow) and almost fragrance-free as Tarte Maracuja oil is. Also you may write to Tarte and confirm that info, as I did. Refined oils are cheaper than natural. There is no reason Tarte oil is so expensive, really save your money and buy this oil from cheaper sources. Refined version of oils are chemically treated, they are deodorized so they donít have strong fragrance, they are decolorized so they donít keep their natural color + they go through much more processes during which they lost a lot of precious active ingredients, including delicate essential fatty acids (omega-3, omega-6 etc.). If you want to try fully natural maracuja oil which has strong smell and yellow to light orange color you can find it for example here:

Yes, I did try the Tarte Maracuja oil in a small bottle. I kept the bottle and refiled it with real maracuja oil.
If you already have tarte oil use it, even refined oils still work as a good emollient, means they do moisture skin, but then try natural oil. It is still light, but much more effective (gives skin a lot of antioxidants).

11 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No