April 20, 2014 | 1000 users online

Treatments - Tarte - Pure Maracuja Oil

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2014 12:29:00 AM More reviews by liviiflutelouu

I really really wanted to love this product, but after 3 weeks of using it day and night - I have found that it gives me very bad breakouts :( maybe in the future I will come back and try it again, but for now the rest of the bottle will go to my mom who wants to try it out! Hopefully it works on her skin type!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2014 12:41:00 AM More reviews by mistressaryann

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Before this i was using josie maran's 100% argan oil as my daily moisturizer. It did make my skin feel soft, and hydrated but didn't really have a long-term effect (skin radiance, etc)

I came across this baby right here because I did some research and it said that maracuja oil is a form of vitamin C. And vitamin C boosts skin's radiance and helps fade spots from previous acne break outs. I have the deluxe size of this oil, and i know it's going to last me a loooong time. I only need one drop during the day, focusing mainly on where i get dry patches. I use 2 drops during the evening to give my skin hydration. I wake up the next morning with such smooth and truly glowing skin! My spots definitely have not faded completely but they're not as dark as they used to be. I don't give all the credit to this oil but also to the fact that i wear sunscreen (Shiseido)

But all in all I do LOVE this oil and it's taken the place of my JM argan oil as my HG moisturizer c: I definitely recommend it for all skin types, it's just the matter of how much you put on.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2014 9:01:00 PM More reviews by ccarebear344

I am surprised at how much I like this oil! I have just begun dabbling in oil- I am hesitant because I have oily skin. This has not broken me out yet- and seems to be improving my skin tone. I bought a sample of this with the brighter eye cream at Sephora- I am not sure if I would splurge for the full sized bottle. The packaging is great! I love the little dropper that comes in the bottle.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2014 2:36:00 PM More reviews by Missy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've been using pure maracuja oil for years now, but I've always purchased other (cheaper) brands that are organic and unrefined. I've always wanted to purchase the Tarte version just for the bottle, thinking I could refill it on my own. Oddly, this is NOT like any maracuja oil I've tried. Real, unrefined maracuja oil (or passionfruit oil) has a slightly sweet aroma. It's not overpowering. You couldn't wear it as perfume, but you notice it. This one has absolutely no smell at all. If anything, it smells a bit plastic-like, similar to jojoba oil. When I use it, my skin develops a bumpy rash the next day. I believe this oil has either been refined so much that it barely resembles the real oil at all or that it's been cut (or diluted) with another oil, probably to use less and make a bigger profit. I won't be buying this brand again and it also discourages me from buying their other products as well.

Check out my review for REAL Passion fruit (Maracuja) oil, listed on 4/18/2011 under "Unlisted Brand". The real stuff is amazing!

7 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2014 12:58:00 AM More reviews by Kate50

When I'm using this, my complexion is noticeably smoother and brighter. I can definitely tell a huge difference when I'm not using it. I would only recommend using it at night, or if you aren't planning to put on a full face of makeup during the day.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2014 4:42:00 AM More reviews by gadgetgalz

Oil should make your skin sticky, not-in-a-good-way glow, and breaking out. But not this oil. In fact it absorbs well into my skin, moisturize nicely, and holds all day/night long. My face feels plumped up nicely and ready for my daily makeup routine.

I also use this oil to moisturize my eyelashes and it brings positive result. My eyelashes definitely getting longer, thicker and healthier.

And whenever my hair is getting dry, I use a small dab of this product at the end of my hair and leave it overnight. After shampooing in the morning, my hair is silky smooth and dryness reduced significantly.

Definetely worth to buy. It's an all-in-one HG product for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2014 10:26:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

This is so similar to normal Rosehip Seed Oil that I wouldn't go out and spend the money on this again. I love this product and it really works but it does do exactly the same thing. This is actually passionflower oil from the Amazon. I also use Argan Oil and it's all the same on my skin.

They all target aging, renewal, and have fatty acids. They are all great for the face, body, and hair. if you are looking for something less costly than Tarte's oil, try Rosehip Seed Oil. It runs about $6.99 or so for an ounce (cold pressed, organic, etc.). If you like the Josie Maran Argan Oil, get the actual Argan Oil for around $12 for an ounce. Just be sure it is organic and cold pressed, etc. I am huge into skincare and oils and natural products and this is a great oil and I would buy it again, it is just a little too expensive for how similar it is to the others.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2014 8:14:00 PM More reviews by ritables

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I too was underwhelmed by this product (holiday gift set) until i used it to help speed along the healing process during a Retin-A peel session...instead of three or more days it healed overnight. Wow.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2014 11:17:00 PM More reviews by Beautybystarlet

This is one of my holy grail items!!! I cannot go a day without it! I started using this oil in November of 2013 an was a little hesitant about putting oil on my combination skin. I have to say that it has been absolutely AMAZING and I have had no problems with it! I have pretty sensitive skin and was scared to try out oil on my skin. I have not had any problems with it and have recommended the Maracuja Oil to a lot of my friends who also love it! I will purchase and re purchase this item again :)

rated 1 of 5 on 2/24/2014 11:43:00 AM More reviews by Faelin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Dried my skin out over night with the first use. I decided to give it a bit more of a chance but it just got worse. I even tried putting my la Mer Creme over it after it sunk in and my skin was parched in the morning. The best part of the product is the packaging.