August 1, 2014 | 893 users online

Treatments (Face) - Tarte - Pure Maracuja Oil

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2014 1:56:00 AM More reviews by selenax

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Received this as part of a gift set so not too sure about the price (though the full size version seems rather pricey). However, I really enjoyed using the oil, it smelled really nice and you only need 1 or 2 drops to cover your entire face. I used it as a night moisturiser during the summer (in an albeit humid place) and woke up with soft, fresh skin. Not too sure how it would be during super dry winter but it acts well as a light moisturiser! I have sensitive oily skin and this definitely helped make my skin look better.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2014 12:43:00 PM More reviews by SammyDylan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product is incredible, BUT slight disclaimer -- I don't use it on my face! I tried using it on my face every night, but it never sank in and I can't stand that oily feeling so I found myself basically sleepwalking to the sink to rinse it off. I do use other oils for my face (dilo oil in the morning and midnight recovery at night).

However, I've always had a problem with keratosis pilaris on the back of my arms, and I've tried so many different things throughout the years that just haven't worked and/or made it worse. Even coconut oil (my absolute favorite body oil) didn't help it so I decided to try the maracuja oil since I already had it and wasn't using it on my face. I actually did a little experiment where I put maracuja oil on my left arm and argan oil on my right arm to see if either one made a difference. In just one week, my left arm was smooth and the redness was down by ~50%. My right arm hadn't changed at all so I switched to using maracuja oil on both arms and after 1 month, my arms are completely KP free! I seriously can't believe it and I find myself rubbing my arms all the time now because they feel so smooth.

My routine is simple - every night I just put about 4-5 drops of the maracuja oil on the back on my arms and massage it in. Then I wake up with smooth, KP-free arms. It's pretty amazing and I'm so glad I found this oil, even if I don't use it on my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2014 8:05:00 PM More reviews by x8Sophie

I have combination-oily skin so I was a bit worried about this product but since you are supposed to only use it at night I figured i'd be okay. When I apply this to my face it makes it very shiny and greasy feeling which is actually pretty uncomfortable but when I wake up in the morning my face is super smooth and brightened that the night of greasy face is a no biggie.

I do wish the bottle was bigger, but i'll take it either way. I highly recommend this to everyone because this product has been total heaven.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2014 12:11:00 PM More reviews by BBraeuer

This is the best face oil I have ever used. You put it on at night, and it hydrates your skin. It won't make you break out. Most interesting is that I have sebhoraic dermatitis which is characterized by peeling at the outer border of my face, between eyebrows and by my nostrils. I get a prescription from doctor, but this oil, seems to also treat it just fine, which is a big deal. Just a little bit goes a long way though. It comes with a dropper, and you'd need maybe just two drops to cover your face. The next morning your skin is soft. I have combination skin on the dry side. I would not know if it would cause breakouts on oily skin so beware. No fragrance.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2014 1:27:00 AM More reviews by crystalnoir

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my #1 product in my entire skin care regimen. Without it, I am lost like a sheep looking for its shepherd. To say this is my holy grail would be an understatement! Let me begin: I happened upon a deluxe sample of this oil from Sephora and used it every night until it ran out (about three months). Waking up in the morning after my first use, I noticed an improvement. My skin was soft, supple, and less red. After using it for a few weeks, I was not breaking out whatsoever. Even better, my acne scars were beginning to fade.

After running out of my deluxe sample, it only took two weeks or so for my skin to get back to its regular nonsense. I broke out for the first time, my skin felt drier in some places than others, and my skin tone was not as even as previous. I bought the full-sized bottle a few days ago and I'm so glad I did. The price is steep ($55 plus tax in Canada), but it's an investment. I am thinking this bottle will easily last me a year. Thank you, Tarte! Please never stop making this product!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2014 1:19:00 PM More reviews by devonnaire

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Very nice facial oil. Works really great in the winter on my combination skin, the skin on my cheeks tends to get very dry and flaky and this helps to balance it out. Leaves skin nicely hydrated. I gave it a 4 out of 5 because I haven't noticed any help with evening skin tone or any particular brightening or anything like that, I just like the way it moisturizes. Also its a bit expensive. I bought the huge $90 bottle so it should last me FOREVER, and I love the packaging. I also have a deluxe sample bottle ( its also glass, with the dropper, but tiny) that I refill using the large one since I'm afraid I'll drop the big bottle or drop and break it. But its so pretty!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2014 4:43:00 PM More reviews by Nataliegsno

The best beauty oil I've tried. I mostly use this on the dry areas on my face and only at night. When I wake up my skin is super hydrated to the point where my skin feels plump. This oil sinks into my skin right away and doesn't break me out. This is a staple for me in the winter months. I'll definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2014 8:11:00 PM More reviews by AprilShowas123

Definitely pricey, but worth it. All precious oils turn out to be God sends. Mix it with your favorite parfume for something magical, or a dry oil bronzer for super long lasting bronzey beautifulness. Use under/around the eyes to change up your eye routine, absorbs fast so great on lips, as a hand salve.. Great all around. Like I said it's just another precious oils, companies always find a new one to market to use and because all precious oils are, ahem, precious, they turn out to be great.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2014 7:47:00 PM More reviews by alison_k

I only wear this on a night and only apply a couple of drops onto bare skin. This oil just sits on my skin and doesn't ever stop being greasy. After a couple of hours it's like I have only just applied it, the greasiness never really fades away. On patches of very dry skin on my cheeks this did sink in fast but on the rest of my normal/combination skin this was sticky.

The packaging is cute and I do like the dropper. There is a slight nutty fragrance to the oil but it is not off putting, just a natural scent.

Haven't seen much of an improvement in my skin since I started using (and I have nearly finished the bottle) so I don't think I will be buying again. On the plus side though it hasn't made me break out or made my skin worse so that's something.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2014 7:59:00 AM More reviews by BreahPickles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the packaging. I'm a sucker for good packaging, and I was a sucker for this bottle.
Love the dark purple, the glass bottle, the faux wood dropper top. It looked so pretty sitting on my counter.

As a product, I purchased at full price because I read reviews saying it kept acne at bay, moisturized, and faded dark spots (which I need for old acne)

It does all of these things, sure - but once I finished my first bottle, I didn't want to buy anymore because I have other products that do the same thing, at the same rate of time, and they're a LOT cheaper.

I've been eying a certified organic pure maracuja oil on Amazon, that is half the price of Tarte's...