October 1, 2014 | 1246 users online

Treatments (Face) - Tarte - Pure Maracuja Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2014 12:19:00 AM More reviews by Law08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

LOOOVVVEEE!

i apply almost daily, saw improvement in face tone in just two weeks! soooo moisturizing! i even use it on my cuticles! makes dark under eye circles disappear! solo glad i tried this stuff! A+ for sure!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/20/2014 12:47:00 PM More reviews by gbianc

Meh! This product didn't really do anything. I didn't break out from it, which was nice, but it did nothing to improve the look of my skin, and with its really high price, I at least wanted to see some sort of improvement, anything would have been nice. The smell is a little off putting, almost like stale oil. You only use a few drops and it goes on smoothly, it does take a few moments for it to get absorbed in your skin. I can see people with dry skin benefiting from this, but I was really unimpressed. I use it in my night-time routine, only because it was so expensive and I refuse to let it go to waste. I gave it two stars because the bottle is pretty.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/18/2014 11:38:00 PM More reviews by dinodog

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It is overpriced refined (means chemically treated) maracuja oil. It is not natural oil. Why pay so much for it? The only one nice thing about that oil is nice bottle. If you ever saw and tried natural maracuja (passiionfuir seed oil - Passiflora edulis) you will know that natural oil is not almost clear (or very light yellow) and almost fragrance-free as Tarte Maracuja oil is. Also you may write to Tarte and confirm that info, as I did. Refined oils are cheaper than natural. There is no reason Tarte oil is so expensive, really save your money and buy this oil from cheaper sources. Refined version of oils are chemically treated, they are deodorized so they donít have strong fragrance, they are decolorized so they donít keep their natural color + they go through much more processes during which they lost a lot of precious active ingredients, including delicate essential fatty acids (omega-3, omega-6 etc.). If you want to try fully natural maracuja oil which has strong smell and yellow to light orange color you can find it for example here:

Yes, I did try the Tarte Maracuja oil in a small bottle. I kept the bottle and refiled it with real maracuja oil.
If you already have tarte oil use it, even refined oils still work as a good emollient, means they do moisture skin, but then try natural oil. It is still light, but much more effective (gives skin a lot of antioxidants).

7 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2014 7:49:00 PM More reviews by VleVine05

I purchased the roller-ball at Sephora and that night I put it on instead of my usual Josie Maran Argan Oil Light and I woke up to brighter, glowy, less-red skin. I have been using this for over a month now and I can honestly say I only get a pimple every so often. I have actually dropped the argan oil because I don't need it and I am saving up for the full sized. It will dry up my piggy bank but I don't care! I love this oil and I don't know what I would do without it. I have ver sensitive acne-prone combination/oily skin that is very pale and used to be bright red and irritated. There are also drh patches from applying acne treatments to my simples and small scars from picking at my face. After using this product, I am not as oily as I was before, I have only a few small pimples that are very easy to treat, my redness is much less, my dry spots are healing as are my scars, and overall my skin is radiant. I also love the nutty smell this gives off- I feel exotic whenever I put it on! My only problem is the cost but I will find a way to come with the cash some way......

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2014 1:56:00 AM More reviews by selenax

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Received this as part of a gift set so not too sure about the price (though the full size version seems rather pricey). However, I really enjoyed using the oil, it smelled really nice and you only need 1 or 2 drops to cover your entire face. I used it as a night moisturiser during the summer (in an albeit humid place) and woke up with soft, fresh skin. Not too sure how it would be during super dry winter but it acts well as a light moisturiser! I have sensitive oily skin and this definitely helped make my skin look better.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2014 12:43:00 PM More reviews by SammyDylan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product is incredible, BUT slight disclaimer -- I don't use it on my face! I tried using it on my face every night, but it never sank in and I can't stand that oily feeling so I found myself basically sleepwalking to the sink to rinse it off. I do use other oils for my face (dilo oil in the morning and midnight recovery at night).

However, I've always had a problem with keratosis pilaris on the back of my arms, and I've tried so many different things throughout the years that just haven't worked and/or made it worse. Even coconut oil (my absolute favorite body oil) didn't help it so I decided to try the maracuja oil since I already had it and wasn't using it on my face. I actually did a little experiment where I put maracuja oil on my left arm and argan oil on my right arm to see if either one made a difference. In just one week, my left arm was smooth and the redness was down by ~50%. My right arm hadn't changed at all so I switched to using maracuja oil on both arms and after 1 month, my arms are completely KP free! I seriously can't believe it and I find myself rubbing my arms all the time now because they feel so smooth.

My routine is simple - every night I just put about 4-5 drops of the maracuja oil on the back on my arms and massage it in. Then I wake up with smooth, KP-free arms. It's pretty amazing and I'm so glad I found this oil, even if I don't use it on my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2014 8:05:00 PM More reviews by x8Sophie

I have combination-oily skin so I was a bit worried about this product but since you are supposed to only use it at night I figured i'd be okay. When I apply this to my face it makes it very shiny and greasy feeling which is actually pretty uncomfortable but when I wake up in the morning my face is super smooth and brightened that the night of greasy face is a no biggie.

I do wish the bottle was bigger, but i'll take it either way. I highly recommend this to everyone because this product has been total heaven.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2014 12:11:00 PM More reviews by BBraeuer

This is the best face oil I have ever used. You put it on at night, and it hydrates your skin. It won't make you break out. Most interesting is that I have sebhoraic dermatitis which is characterized by peeling at the outer border of my face, between eyebrows and by my nostrils. I get a prescription from doctor, but this oil, seems to also treat it just fine, which is a big deal. Just a little bit goes a long way though. It comes with a dropper, and you'd need maybe just two drops to cover your face. The next morning your skin is soft. I have combination skin on the dry side. I would not know if it would cause breakouts on oily skin so beware. No fragrance.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2014 1:27:00 AM More reviews by crystalnoir

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my #1 product in my entire skin care regimen. Without it, I am lost like a sheep looking for its shepherd. To say this is my holy grail would be an understatement! Let me begin: I happened upon a deluxe sample of this oil from Sephora and used it every night until it ran out (about three months). Waking up in the morning after my first use, I noticed an improvement. My skin was soft, supple, and less red. After using it for a few weeks, I was not breaking out whatsoever. Even better, my acne scars were beginning to fade.

After running out of my deluxe sample, it only took two weeks or so for my skin to get back to its regular nonsense. I broke out for the first time, my skin felt drier in some places than others, and my skin tone was not as even as previous. I bought the full-sized bottle a few days ago and I'm so glad I did. The price is steep ($55 plus tax in Canada), but it's an investment. I am thinking this bottle will easily last me a year. Thank you, Tarte! Please never stop making this product!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2014 1:19:00 PM More reviews by devonnaire

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Very nice facial oil. Works really great in the winter on my combination skin, the skin on my cheeks tends to get very dry and flaky and this helps to balance it out. Leaves skin nicely hydrated. I gave it a 4 out of 5 because I haven't noticed any help with evening skin tone or any particular brightening or anything like that, I just like the way it moisturizes. Also its a bit expensive. I bought the huge $90 bottle so it should last me FOREVER, and I love the packaging. I also have a deluxe sample bottle ( its also glass, with the dropper, but tiny) that I refill using the large one since I'm afraid I'll drop the big bottle or drop and break it. But its so pretty!