Tarte Pure Maracuja Oil

3.8

Maracuja Oil

on 4/22/2015 6:46:00 PM

I really REALLY liked this product, however I don't know if the price tag justifies the purchase... I could see how this would last you a very long time because of how little product you actually need.. But there are very similar products out there that can be found a lot cheaper! I have used this product for the dry areas and flaking around my nose caused by my retinol (It usually takes just a few drops for my whole face). I apply it after my retinol but before my moisturizer and it really makes me skin look and feel great! However I don't think I would repurchase this particular brand when I can go to the Heath food store and pick up the same product for 8$ (and it's also certified organic etc.).. Didn't break me out, I didn't have any irritation and no perfume smells to this product! I just personally don't want to spend the money on this again when I know similar things exist for much less! I will definitely use this up tho!

on 4/14/2015 9:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Got a sample of this from Sephora and OMG I love this stuff, I just use at night bc too oily under makeup but has made my skin feel so soft and I saw improvements in just overall look of my skin after just a few nights. Bought a large bottle, I'll keep this in my routine from here on out. Will update if things change!

on 4/11/2015 9:57:00 AM

I've made a wrong turn for this product and worst 2 weeks agony in my life.

I bought this product three months ago from Sephora. At first, it gives my skin a healthy supple look. But within a week, my skin started to dry and itchy. Even worst, i had rashes all over my face and neck. It's like suffer from ringworms or yeast infection. Disgusting! And it gives me this burning sensation all over my face and meck. So i stopped using it including any products at that time in order for my skin to recover. Of course, i did went to the nearest hospital.

It took time for my skin to recover.

Yep, threw it away. Not going to buy it anymore.

I really don't see what is so special about this.. You can get coconut oil or other maracuja oil for MUCH cheaper at a grocery store or online and it does the same thing! Yea this was kinda nice but not worth it. Other cheaper treatments have worked a lot better for me. I've been using this for almost 3 weeks just to see what it's all about and it just made me oily. I didn't see any improvements till I went back to my regular products. I did keep me from breaking out or getting worse so I'll give it 2. I'd go 2.5 if I could but it's not quite worth 3 IMO due to price. Maracuja oil is good stuff, but this is like paying $30 for a 18oz bottle of water. Sorry Tarte!

on 4/8/2015 1:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I only use a 2-3 drops of this at night time because I find that my make up starts pilling if I use it in the morning, even if I wait up to half an hour before applying, so I don't know what's going on there but it's definitely this oil causing it.

It is fairly moisturising but I have to use a lot to get the level of hydration my dry skin needs and I don't like the texture it leaves on my skin while I wait for it to absorb, so I mix it in with my cream moisturiser as a booster which makes it much easier to spread and sink in. There is a noticeable softness to the skin once it absorbs and it leaves a temporary, pleasant glow.

I made the mistake off trying to remove eye makeup with it in a pinch when travelling, because most oils I've tried are multifunctional and can lift off makeup, but not this. It stings and just makes a huge mess. So I learned the hard way this isn't at all good for cleansing, stick to using it as a moisturiser or booster.

The smell is not at all nice but it dissipates quickly. The consistency is similar to argan oil, but results are not quite as amazing for me. The packaging is undeniably gorgeous, with the classy purple glass, squared off shape to avoid it rolling if knocked over, and functional dropper. For the price point it doesn't wow me enough to warrant a repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Works well when patted onto my dry skin after a shower or when a drop or 2 is mixed in with my foundation. My skin feels hydrated and soft, but after I stopped using this product, my skin was as dry as ever. Which means that this isn't a long-term treatment, it's just a short-term product for "in the moment" soothing.

on 4/3/2015 3:47:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

HG face moisturizer. I've tried a bunch of facial oils and this one is the best. It melts right into my skin and gives me a dewy look. A little goes a long way so it's worth the price. My skin is so soft and moistuized ever since I started using this months ago. This saved me during the winter. It didn't break me out and actually helped with blemishes. Give it a try- sample sizes available on Sephora.com

on 3/23/2015 11:18:00 AM

I am on the fence about this product. I love the softness that it gives my skin but the smell is horrible, almost rancid smelling. The first time I used it, it made me gag to have the product anywhere my nose, I did notice that the smell dissipates rather quickly, which is a very good thing.

I have been using this as a night-time moisturizer, and it works very well, as soon as the smell disappears. I really like the product, the only con is the smell. Granted, I don't want them to add fragrance or such but I just don't know if it's a deal breaker for me. My skin, thankfully, responds well to most moisturizing oils so I am just not sure that I would repurchase this one or move on to another.

on 3/8/2015 12:54:00 PM

I LOVE this oil. I have pretty oily skin, so I was very hesitant at first to try it, but now it is part of my daily routine. Instead of a moisturizer, I just use 4-5 drops of this after my toner. I've noticed my skin is far less oily throughout the day (weird right that an oil would make you LESS oily?!) and my skin tone is more even and bright. It's even helped diminish some acne scars that have been haunting me. I absolutely LOVE Tarte.

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

I received the Tart Maracuja Oil as a travel size in my Tarte advent calendar holiday set. At first, I didn't think much of it. It didn't seem to have a smell at all straight from the bottle but when I put it on my face, it had a strong greasy french fry smell. I'm not sure if this is just me or if this happens to other people too. I started using this product night after night with a very light moisturizer underneath. I got used to the smell and now I love it! I have to be honest and say I don't see much of a difference in my skin although it seems a bit more moisturized. I recommend using this only at night for it can make your skin look a tad oily if you don't blend well. I like to take the dropper and run it across the tips of my fingers and pat it over my face and neck.

Popular Treatments (Face)