December 22, 2014 | 1293 users online

Treatments (Face) - Tarte - Pure Maracuja Oil

rated 3 of 5 on 12/18/2014 5:18:00 PM More reviews by snaket0ngue

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

Like with all Tarte products, I was drawn in by the packaging. A cute little purple bottle with a wooden handle and golden embellishments, what's not to love? Well, after months of debate, I shelled out the $46 and bought it. That was about a month and a half ago, and I've been using this oil every day and every night since then. Contrary to Tarte's claims, this oil does NOTHING for me. It does absorb quick and takes away whatever momentary dryness I have. It does not, however, improve my skin's texture or tone nor does it control my oil production. If it wasn't for the ridiculous price, I would throw it away and stop using it. However, if you do want to try it, I recommend buying maracuja oil elsewhere. Many online health stores sell it for half the price and double the product, just without the attractive purple bottle.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2014 3:48:00 PM More reviews by HollyWould123

I wasn't completely sold on this at first and a bit wary because I have extremely oily skin these days. Also, this oil trend seems like another unnecessary step in my skincare regimen that can be skipped. After reading many positive reviews, I decided to purchase little value pack containing this inside it, among a few other items from the Maracuja line. I played around with different ways of using it such as using it as a serum underneath my moisturizer, as a moisturizer itself, and also mixed into the moisturizer. I found using it as a moisturizer to be my best bet and would wake up with my skin basically glowing, but somehow not greasy! I even began using this during the day before applying makeup. I'm amazed that despite this being in fact an oil it doesn't leave my skin oily and/or cause breakouts. I even went ahead and gave some to my boyfriend to calm razor burn on his face, and he was very impressed as well. The packaging is beautiful, which is always a plus. I would definitely repurchase since a little goes a long way and there are a few sizes available for purchase instead of just having to buy the huge $46 bottle. Definitely a pleasant surprise!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2014 12:00:00 PM More reviews by isabellayessi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Going more towards natural products for my skin type , I use this as my eye serum and 2 times weekly as only night oil . I had chin acne and cleared up using this two times in week . I suggest if you're new to oils start with once week and than add more days if you don't breakout . I use rosehip oil and frankincense organic oil . There both lighter is why I use tarte oil less because it's not my preferred . The smell is good but for certain skin types isn't great . I got mines from the ipsy subscription. I don't plan buying any future I rather buy the real deal organic oil for less and bigger bottle. For my hair is main reason and under eyes but for skin , not all time and very limits. I suggest anyone if you want Spend less than get it on eBay because in local store is expensive and rather use that for something you will enjoy.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/28/2014 1:16:00 PM More reviews by raqsih89

This product caused my skin to break out with huge sized pimples on my cheeks, nose and chin. I used it at night adding two drops to my night time lotion. I have acne prone skin but have not broke out in a long time using acne medication. I will not be using it like that anymore, however it works great as a night time eye cream. Also I have read that there are other cheaper brands that you can also get more product for all organic maracuja oil.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2014 5:40:00 AM More reviews by qlassik

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Got the deluxe sized bottle out of the Tarte Bon Voyage set, and completely dismissed it because, I mean, have you seen the palette??? Was playing with it for aaaages!

I only picked it up a couple of days later, and GOOD GOD I'M SO GLAD I DID. Honestly, I've not heard a single thing about this maracuja oil thingum. Didn't help that it came in an undescriptive bottle with a really odd dropper. The packaging of the set wasn't too helpful as well. So I had to take to the interwebz to find out more about the product. I basically found out that maracuja = passion fruit, which is hella packed with Vitamin C. And that people LOVE it.

My knowledge of oils isn't exactly vast, and I kinda just assumed that you'd use maracuja the same way as moroccan argan - on EVERYTHING. But before I put myself under a maracuja oil shower (that'd be PRICEY!!!), I decided to start small. As instructed, I patted 2 - 3 drops of the oil on my face before I went to bed. It had a nutty scent, and, surprisingly, had no trace of anything citrusy/fruity. And then I went to sleep.

I woke up the next day to MIRACLES!!!!!!!!

My skin was more evenly toned. I noticed the redness around my nose had subsided tremendously. And my dark circles were a little lighter.

My face looked really hydrated.
You've heard this over and over again: Don't be afraid of oils if you have oily skin. For the maracuja oil, it rings clear and true! I woke up with skin less oily than I'm used to, and it felt nice and plump. I looked well-rested.

This is one thing that I'm permanently incorporating into my night time regime. Would definitely be purchasing this again once I run out, although it doesn't look like that'll be happening anytime soon. A little goes a long way with this, and even when I do get to my last drop, I don't think there's going to be much between me and putting down moolah for a full-sized bottle of this magic.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2014 6:35:00 PM More reviews by antolin1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Confession 1: I already have and use so many face oils that I likely would have never bothered to purchase this at its hefty $46 price-point on my own. Confession 2: While shopping with my man for an extra moisturizing addition to his regime for winter, I convinced him to try this because I secretly wanted to see if it was worth he hype... And it is...but there's a VERY important caveat in that (see con's below)...

Pros:
As a major advocate for so many much more affordable facial oils, It kind of pains me to say this stuff is amazeballs. After just one nightime/overnight use my skin is as soft AND smooth as baby butt - no joke. After the second usage I got the same results but noticed that it "up'd the amp" on quite a few products in my arsenal in which on their own were just kind of "meh". Example: Now if I use my Clinique Redness Solutions Cleanser the morning after it has gone beyond simply a cream cleanser for dry skin and now performs more like a cleanser, serum, and light moisturizer. NOW I get the full effects/results toted by Clinique for this product where before I did not. Although Tarte's Maracuja Oil is not advertized as an exfoliator, some kind of miracle cell turnover is happening here. In less than a week my skin is brighter, smoother, softer, and extremely hydrated. For my dry and patchy skin, Maracuja Oil works much better than Argan or Rosehip (as well as my beloved Vitamin C serums). For my guy who has unbelievably dry skin year round as well as mild eczema, this is now his favorite "moisturizer" and he's also impressed by how it doesn't irritate his sensitive skin [For reference he uses Emo oil and Clinique for Men Maximum Hydrator $32 and the Maracuja oil beats those].

Cons:
After purchasing this miracle in a bottle I went home and did a little research on the ole wizard box. According to google, there are PLENTY of brands that sell "pure Maracuja oil" at a fraction of this price. Tarte's Maracuja oil cost us a whapping $46 bucks for 1.7 Oz. bottle; Tarte's version contains two ingredients: Passiflora Edulis Seed Oil (Maracuja) and Tocopherol (Vitamin E). .. LifeFlo's Pure Maracuja oil contains the exact same two ingredients as Tarte's BUT is $12 for 4 oz bottle (=$3 per oz). Humn... To be fair Tarte's may contain more Maracuja than LifeFlo's, HOWEVER, LF's version is 95.5% M.O and only 0.5% VE - I am no scientist but I don't see where the POSSIBLE difference in a 5 percent ration could be so extreme it justifies any 30 buck an oz price jump (give or take). So I definitely feel taken advantage of by Tarte - the con's of Tarte's product are literally just that IMO, as I feel con'd.

Maracuja oil is indeed a miracle worker for dry skin! Would I re-purchase? Absolutely! But not From Tarte. Next time I am gonna go the LifeFlo route at a fraction of the cost. Don't be like me and get suckered into pretty packaging (I am a sucker for shiny things), breaking the bank for absolutely no real reason. Do yourself a solid and go for a different more affordable brand with the very same ingredients.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2014 3:06:00 PM More reviews by arsh86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Just to add to my reviews the little rollerball thing has lasted me since April. I don't use it everyday but most of the days and I have a plenty of it left

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2014 11:39:00 AM More reviews by Shelly128p

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

before using this my skin was dehydrated.
when i wash my face it gets tight/dry but when i put moisturizer on it's normal.
throughout the day it produces oil and breaks down my foundation.
this product is a great treatment. it's awesome. i'm not too worried about antiaging but it's a plus that it has great benefits.
i use this at night.
packaging is good. it's difficult to package oil. the glass bottle worries me bc i'm clumsy lol and the dropper is kind of odd but this is the best way to package oil.
it's pricey but a little goes a long way and it doesn't have any extra fillers which is great.

dont let the work oil scare you!!!
this is a different kind of oil than what your face produces.

it really locks in the moisture and sinks deep.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/20/2014 8:14:00 AM More reviews by yesdnilw

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Well the oil worked as far as re-moisturizing my hands and making them nice and soft against the cold and dry wind but I will pass on buying especially since this is refined and the price. That is a ridiculous amount of money for this product. I'll be looking for an unrefined maracuja oil when I run out of this stuff. Thanks ipsy!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2014 5:23:00 PM More reviews by evanlami

This product is fantastic! It leaves my skin super soft and radiant. I use it at night in combination with a light moisturizer and it works wonderfully. Contrary to popular belief, oils like this are actually very good for your skin and can even help better control the oil your skin produces. For a long time I made the mistake of trying to strip the oils from my face, in an attempt to both keep my skin less oily *and* control my acne. Big mistake! Our skin is smart and will notice the lack of oil and then try and overcompensate for that lack of oil by...you guessed it! Producing more oil. I am a big fan of using oils to both cleanse the skin and moisturize it. This product helps me do just that. You need very little oil to do this, so the bottle will last you a long time. Pair this with a light night moisturizer and you'll wake up with soft, radiant skin!