January 31, 2015 | 2013 users online

Treatments (Face) - Tarte - Pure Maracuja Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2015 2:49:00 PM More reviews by DinsaBella

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

I was pleasantly surprised by how well this product works for me. I received it in a gift set that I treated myself to for Christmas which is why I gave the price category five lippies. In the gift set, I got a lot for my money so I thought it was a great deal. I understand that the price for this product alone is a little steep but in my opinion, I think it is well worth the price. You only need two or three drops of it so it lasts a long time, the packaging keeps the product stable, and the product's efficacy is pretty great.

I use several topical ointments from my dermatologist for various skin issues, including acne and rosacea. So I would say that my skin is a bit compromised. It is prone to dryness for a couple reasons: 1) I use two different acne products from my dermatologist that can by drying and 2) I live in a very cold climate--If I'm not outside in the cold, I'm in a building with drying heat that dulls my skin. Therefore, not any moisturizer would do for me.

This is the last product that I use during my nighttime beauty ritual. I take my makeup off, put the creams on from my dermatologist and then I put exactly three drops of this oil in the palm of my hand. The packaging is beautiful--purple and gold. On the top of it is a little button. Just press the button for each drop of oil that you want, unscrew it and push the button down once again to distribute the oil in your hand. Then I rub my hands together and massage the oil into my face, inhaling the delicious nutty scent as I go along. Honestly, this is something I look forward to. It's so relaxing and it's "me" time. It's my time to de-stress from the day, focus on my self, take a few deep breaths, etc. There is something about massaging an oil on your face that feels very elegant. This product has only one ingredient: Passiflora Edulis Seed Oil. Therefore I don't have to worry about it causing unnecessary irritation--the more ingredients a product has, the more likely it is to cause irritation.

When I massage it into my skin, I can feel my skin drink it up, so to speak. It absorbs fairly quickly and it doesn't leave my skin feeling greasy. After it absorbs, I will touch my cheek to make sure I put enough on and it always feels like a baby's bottom! It certainly makes my skin feel supple.

The first time I applied it, I woke up the next morning and my skin was glowing. The redness from my rosacea was mostly gone and my skin looked more hydrated and healthy. In fact it was so hydrated, that I didn't need any morning moisturizer. After a month or so of using it, I still find that that's mostly the case. This product has gotten rid of most of the dry/flaky spots on my skin. This past week, I've had a small dry spot on my chin from the dermatological cream I've had to put on, but I just use a very tiny amount of moisturizer on it before applying my foundation and it gets rid of it. Prior to me using the Tarte oil, the moisturizer I sometimes use in the morning wouldn't work. So I feel like putting this oil on my face at night, makes the products the next morning work better for me.

I also think it's important to note that it hasn't caused any breakouts.

Everyone's skin is different but if you are curious about this product and want to try it out, I highly recommend it! Hopefully it will work as well for you as it did for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2015 10:22:00 PM More reviews by LilyLovelyLily

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I use this product when I run out of high beam highlighter, and also to soften the skin in the cold winter months. It adds a subtle sheen to my skin that I love and makes my make up look and sit better on my skin. I'm from a place with cold winters, and my cheeks redden and burn in the cold air sometimes, and this makes them stay nice and supple with no irritation. I always have a bottle on hand in winter. It's expensive, but a little goes a long way.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2015 10:18:00 PM More reviews by Allybeee

Love this. My redness has gone down. And just like with normal things i did have a few breakouts at first. But it got alot better the more i stuck with it. I just put one drop in my clinique moistizer at night. And amazing

rated 3 of 5 on 12/18/2014 5:18:00 PM More reviews by snaket0ngue

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Like with all Tarte products, I was drawn in by the packaging. A cute little purple bottle with a wooden handle and golden embellishments, what's not to love? Well, after months of debate, I shelled out the $46 and bought it. That was about a month and a half ago, and I've been using this oil every day and every night since then. Contrary to Tarte's claims, this oil does NOTHING for me. It does absorb quick and takes away whatever momentary dryness I have. It does not, however, improve my skin's texture or tone nor does it control my oil production. If it wasn't for the ridiculous price, I would throw it away and stop using it. However, if you do want to try it, I recommend buying maracuja oil elsewhere. Many online health stores sell it for half the price and double the product, just without the attractive purple bottle.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2014 3:48:00 PM More reviews by HollyWould123

I wasn't completely sold on this at first and a bit wary because I have extremely oily skin these days. Also, this oil trend seems like another unnecessary step in my skincare regimen that can be skipped. After reading many positive reviews, I decided to purchase little value pack containing this inside it, among a few other items from the Maracuja line. I played around with different ways of using it such as using it as a serum underneath my moisturizer, as a moisturizer itself, and also mixed into the moisturizer. I found using it as a moisturizer to be my best bet and would wake up with my skin basically glowing, but somehow not greasy! I even began using this during the day before applying makeup. I'm amazed that despite this being in fact an oil it doesn't leave my skin oily and/or cause breakouts. I even went ahead and gave some to my boyfriend to calm razor burn on his face, and he was very impressed as well. The packaging is beautiful, which is always a plus. I would definitely repurchase since a little goes a long way and there are a few sizes available for purchase instead of just having to buy the huge $46 bottle. Definitely a pleasant surprise!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2014 12:00:00 PM More reviews by isabellayessi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Going more towards natural products for my skin type , I use this as my eye serum and 2 times weekly as only night oil . I had chin acne and cleared up using this two times in week . I suggest if you're new to oils start with once week and than add more days if you don't breakout . I use rosehip oil and frankincense organic oil . There both lighter is why I use tarte oil less because it's not my preferred . The smell is good but for certain skin types isn't great . I got mines from the ipsy subscription. I don't plan buying any future I rather buy the real deal organic oil for less and bigger bottle. For my hair is main reason and under eyes but for skin , not all time and very limits. I suggest anyone if you want Spend less than get it on eBay because in local store is expensive and rather use that for something you will enjoy.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/28/2014 1:16:00 PM More reviews by raqsih89

This product caused my skin to break out with huge sized pimples on my cheeks, nose and chin. I used it at night adding two drops to my night time lotion. I have acne prone skin but have not broke out in a long time using acne medication. I will not be using it like that anymore, however it works great as a night time eye cream. Also I have read that there are other cheaper brands that you can also get more product for all organic maracuja oil.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2014 5:40:00 AM More reviews by qlassik

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Got the deluxe sized bottle out of the Tarte Bon Voyage set, and completely dismissed it because, I mean, have you seen the palette??? Was playing with it for aaaages!

I only picked it up a couple of days later, and GOOD GOD I'M SO GLAD I DID. Honestly, I've not heard a single thing about this maracuja oil thingum. Didn't help that it came in an undescriptive bottle with a really odd dropper. The packaging of the set wasn't too helpful as well. So I had to take to the interwebz to find out more about the product. I basically found out that maracuja = passion fruit, which is hella packed with Vitamin C. And that people LOVE it.

My knowledge of oils isn't exactly vast, and I kinda just assumed that you'd use maracuja the same way as moroccan argan - on EVERYTHING. But before I put myself under a maracuja oil shower (that'd be PRICEY!!!), I decided to start small. As instructed, I patted 2 - 3 drops of the oil on my face before I went to bed. It had a nutty scent, and, surprisingly, had no trace of anything citrusy/fruity. And then I went to sleep.

I woke up the next day to MIRACLES!!!!!!!!

My skin was more evenly toned. I noticed the redness around my nose had subsided tremendously. And my dark circles were a little lighter.

My face looked really hydrated.
You've heard this over and over again: Don't be afraid of oils if you have oily skin. For the maracuja oil, it rings clear and true! I woke up with skin less oily than I'm used to, and it felt nice and plump. I looked well-rested.

This is one thing that I'm permanently incorporating into my night time regime. Would definitely be purchasing this again once I run out, although it doesn't look like that'll be happening anytime soon. A little goes a long way with this, and even when I do get to my last drop, I don't think there's going to be much between me and putting down moolah for a full-sized bottle of this magic.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2014 6:35:00 PM More reviews by antolin1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Confession 1: I already have and use so many face oils that I likely would have never bothered to purchase this at its hefty $46 price-point on my own. Confession 2: While shopping with my man for an extra moisturizing addition to his regime for winter, I convinced him to try this because I secretly wanted to see if it was worth he hype... And it is...but there's a VERY important caveat in that (see con's below)...

Pros:
As a major advocate for so many much more affordable facial oils, It kind of pains me to say this stuff is amazeballs. After just one nightime/overnight use my skin is as soft AND smooth as baby butt - no joke. After the second usage I got the same results but noticed that it "up'd the amp" on quite a few products in my arsenal in which on their own were just kind of "meh". Example: Now if I use my Clinique Redness Solutions Cleanser the morning after it has gone beyond simply a cream cleanser for dry skin and now performs more like a cleanser, serum, and light moisturizer. NOW I get the full effects/results toted by Clinique for this product where before I did not. Although Tarte's Maracuja Oil is not advertized as an exfoliator, some kind of miracle cell turnover is happening here. In less than a week my skin is brighter, smoother, softer, and extremely hydrated. For my dry and patchy skin, Maracuja Oil works much better than Argan or Rosehip (as well as my beloved Vitamin C serums). For my guy who has unbelievably dry skin year round as well as mild eczema, this is now his favorite "moisturizer" and he's also impressed by how it doesn't irritate his sensitive skin [For reference he uses Emo oil and Clinique for Men Maximum Hydrator $32 and the Maracuja oil beats those].

Cons:
After purchasing this miracle in a bottle I went home and did a little research on the ole wizard box. According to google, there are PLENTY of brands that sell "pure Maracuja oil" at a fraction of this price. Tarte's Maracuja oil cost us a whapping $46 bucks for 1.7 Oz. bottle; Tarte's version contains two ingredients: Passiflora Edulis Seed Oil (Maracuja) and Tocopherol (Vitamin E). .. LifeFlo's Pure Maracuja oil contains the exact same two ingredients as Tarte's BUT is $12 for 4 oz bottle (=$3 per oz). Humn... To be fair Tarte's may contain more Maracuja than LifeFlo's, HOWEVER, LF's version is 95.5% M.O and only 0.5% VE - I am no scientist but I don't see where the POSSIBLE difference in a 5 percent ration could be so extreme it justifies any 30 buck an oz price jump (give or take). So I definitely feel taken advantage of by Tarte - the con's of Tarte's product are literally just that IMO, as I feel con'd.

Maracuja oil is indeed a miracle worker for dry skin! Would I re-purchase? Absolutely! But not From Tarte. Next time I am gonna go the LifeFlo route at a fraction of the cost. Don't be like me and get suckered into pretty packaging (I am a sucker for shiny things), breaking the bank for absolutely no real reason. Do yourself a solid and go for a different more affordable brand with the very same ingredients.

13 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2014 3:06:00 PM More reviews by arsh86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Just to add to my reviews the little rollerball thing has lasted me since April. I don't use it everyday but most of the days and I have a plenty of it left