April 17, 2014 | 1938 users online

Lipstick - Maybelline - Vivids Hot Plum

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2014 5:54:00 AM More reviews by Heyheytaytay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was very skeptical at buying this lippy. I don't know why is absolutely amazing! Formula can feel a little drying but that's all for the staying power. The best hue of purple I have ever come across...

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2014 5:02:00 AM More reviews by AB188

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love it! Seems better than Mac or Nars. I had Nars Schiap which was too barbie and Mac GAT was not vivid enough; this is bright but because of the blue it isnt trashy. Lasts well and has a nice sheen.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2014 2:28:00 AM More reviews by staciarose22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have been wearing Hot Plum more lately because I need a little spring in my life. This color brightens your whole face and lifts your mood. I don't think it's like MAC Girl About Town, more like Quick Sizzle (only not as opaque). You do need a lip liner for this to last more than a few hours, but for $5 it's a rare shade in the drugstore.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2013 10:10:00 PM More reviews by ccorticchia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I LOVE LOvE LOVE this lipstick ! The color is so beautiful and I think it's beautiful for summer and even the wintry holiday months! It is so long lasting that I barely have to reapply!! The only drawback is that it can be a bit drying but nothing a little Chapstick won't solve !

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2013 4:19:00 PM More reviews by mrsb622

I own 3 of the colors from the vivids line. Vivid Rose Brazen Berry (my fav) & Hot Plum. I really like hot plum! I paired it with Nyx lip liner in plum and I'm in love!!!! I went back and bought back-ups just in case they're LE!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2013 12:15:00 AM More reviews by leighcfish

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

Amazing in every way.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2013 3:12:00 PM More reviews by lightgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is almost an exact dupe for Girl About Town MAC!!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2013 12:37:00 AM More reviews by shoewhore

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have to agree with the review below! This vivid line ROCKS!
Hot plum is a bright purply pink color, more intense than Brazen Berry (my fave!)
IMO, Hot Plum is the brightest of the colors I've bought from the Vivids Line.

I have these in Brazen Berry, Pink Pop, Fuscia Flash, & Hot Plum. I think Pink Pop is the most "tame" of these ( in comparison to the other colors) & Hot Plum is the brightest.

If you're afraid of that much color, you can dab it on with your finger & make a nice stain.

I adore the Vivid Line. Someone said it was limited edition, not sure if its true. I sure hope not. Why do makeup manufacturers like to torture us by doing LE lines? :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2013 4:55:00 PM More reviews by glowing500

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

O.K. Maybelline....get cracking and make the entire Vivid line PERMANENT!!! These colors are way too gorgeous to be limited edition.

Hot Plum is a gorgeous blue toned pink with sheen to it. When I think "plum", I think of a dark color and this is not dark at all...it's a super bright, happy color! It feels smooth on the lips and not overly drying or slick. I'm not sure why they peeps at Maybelline thought that this is a "plum" color. To me it's straight up PINK!

The color itself is super saturated, so much so that it you swipe it on your hand, a slight stain will be left when you to wipe it off.

The quality of these lippies on par with MAC, at a less than half the price. Maybelline and Revlon = GAME OVER as far as drugstore lippies are concerned. They are the BEST!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2013 7:48:00 PM More reviews by figgityfly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This color is so beautiful! It reminds me of a lipstick version of MAC's lipliner, Magenta. It is smooth and creamy on the lips and it does not have that weird, waxy smell (thank goodness). This lipstick compares to many of my high end ones for a third of the price. If you love bright purple/fuschia lip colors, pick this one up!