December 22, 2014 | 933 users online

Cleansers - Alba Botanica - Natural Hawaiian Facial Wash - Deep Cleansing Coconut Milk

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2013 9:27:00 PM More reviews by oilyteen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I actually use this as a body wash or just to freshen up, because it dose not clean my face that well, I find my self either double cleansing my face or using up 2 or 3 cotton balls worth of toner after using this for my face. But it's great as a body wash!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2013 11:08:00 AM More reviews by snoopy68

Wow! I really believe that this is a great facial cleanser! I do not like any kind of facial cleanser that foams, as I find them to be extremely drying and they strip my skin. I love the creamy, milky texture of this cleanser and it does not strip my skin nor leave me with a greasy film. It perfectly removes all of my makeup: Mascara, tinted moisturizer, lipstick, etc. I simply massage it into my face and wipe it off with a warm washcloth. It does not break me out either. It simply does the job. I love the fact that this is a primarily natural cleanser and that Alba Botanica does not test on animals. Two HUGE points in my book. It also has a fresh coconut fragrance. I only need one pump of the cleanser to thoroughly cleanse my face, so I would think that this will last me awhile.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2012 1:15:00 PM More reviews by jmp24

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is new. The bottle looks the same as their pineapple cleansing wash, though - so be sure to read the label. A wee bit pricey at $12.99 for 8oz - but that is at my local grocery, it may be cheaper elsewhere. I'm pretty sure Target sells this line.

The cleanser is very creamy and does not foam. It smells really good, like a sweet coconut. One pump from the bottle is plenty if you are not wearing makeup. It does not remove eye makeup well, so you might want to use a makeup remover first. I can't be bothered doing that, so I will probably just use this in the morning. I can't say it is very deep cleansing, but it does contain ginger and papaya enzymes, and aloe. After rinsing, I could feel a very slight film on my face, but my skin felt comfortable and not tight.
If you are looking for a gentle, creamy cleanser that smells like a day at a tropical beach, you may like this! As long as the bit left behind after rinsing does not cause me any breakouts, I will re-purchase.

Vegetarian, no animal testing, no parabens, no sodium laurel stuff.