August 22, 2014 | 1930 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED Basics

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2014 3:58:00 PM More reviews by mtalla27

Love this palette!!!!!!! It was my first e/s palette and it is named perfectly. Everyone needs this in their collection. It works great for a matte eye look or in conjunction with other eyeshadows.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2014 2:24:00 PM More reviews by anndiee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

Perfect nude palette for me! I LOVE matte eyeshadows, and they are hard to find! I also love "neutrals", and tend to stick with lighter shades or taupes/tans for everyday wear, but love a good black for a dramatic smokey eye! Crave also works great as a liner shadow. The shadows are silky and well pigmented, and wear well throughout the day. I am normally a drugstore only makeup kinda gal, but I just wanted this palette for some reason, and I thought $29 wasn't terribly unreasonable for something I use every single day! Compact is sturdy and cute too!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2014 1:34:00 AM More reviews by marangi6

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This palette is the greatest answer to all those shimmer/glittery eyeshadow palettes that need moe depth in their looks. Looks great on my NC42 skin tone. Can't wait for Basics 2 at the end of the month!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2014 10:31:00 PM More reviews by heyloelitahey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I bought this palette for everyday use, as I tend towards neutral-brown smokey look for my grey eyes. Overall you can definitely tell these eyeshadows are more high-end then, say, a Coastal Scents or ELF palette--they're more buttery in texture and less chalky. Venus is the perfect browbone highlight shade for my pale skin; just lighter and a tiny bit of shimmer. Foxy is beautiful on the inner corner (on me at least, I find yellows to be more brightening for that part of the eye). WOS is a perfect nude on me, being about the same tone as my skin. I use it along with Naked 2 to blend out my lid color. Crave is a true, matte black which is long-lasting and lovely smudged along my lower lashline. Faint, however....the only shadow from this palette that I didn't like, and ironically the one I bought it for originally. I thought it would be a beautiful medium brown on my lid, perfect for a daytime smokey eye. However, it resists both blending and layering, becoming a bizarre taupe-y grey in little patches. But I wouldn't let one bad shadow out of five deter you from buying such an excellent neutral palette! 7.5/10.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2014 7:07:00 PM More reviews by Kami98

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a perfect everyday eye shadow palette and I have kept it my everyday makeup bag ever since I bought it.
For me one of the best things is the packaging. It is sleek and compact which is surprising when compared to the unneeded bulk of the other naked palettes. It can easily be fit into a makeup bag making it perfect for traveling which is a priority for me.
There are only 6 shadows making it the smallest of the naked palettes, however all of the shades save venus are completely matte. I prefer working with matte shadows but it is hard to find quality one that are chalky and urban decay delivers. I love all of the shadows however I find faint can be a bit patchy and difficult to work with.
My main complaint with this is price. Compared to other more expensive brands this isn't an expensive palette but I feel that when compared to other naked palettes it seems a bit pricey. At $28 naked basics is just over half the price of the other naked palettes which makes sense given it contains half the shadows. However with the bigger palettes you receive an extra such as a brush or eyeliner making those a better value.
Overall I recommend this palette to anyone who is looking for either a good neutral everyday palette or quality matte shadows. It will not disappoint.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2014 2:02:00 AM More reviews by koihimi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love it. I use it every day.

Packaging is sleek and tight and not matte. I use mirror for all my makeup routine as it opens wide all the way (not like hourglass ambient light palette). There's lots of product it it. Use it, close it, forget about it till the next time.

Eyeshadow quality is outstanding: highly pigmented, blends like heaven, applies smoothly and does not fall off of the brush even with the fluffiest brush. Can be applied wet (has the same color intensity as applied dry (!)). You get exaclty the color you see. Staying power is also very good. I have very oily eyelids and it does need a touch up during the day as all eteshadows do, so no miracles here.

Overall I am glad that I bought it. I use it for my eyes as well as for countouring and for my brows all the time. It's my go to palette. If you're looking for high quality product in excellent packaging for a reasonable price take Naked Basics!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/20/2014 1:02:00 PM More reviews by PreciousCharmer17

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm sorry for bringing this palette down but it really was a miss for me. This palette leans more cool than warm. The browns in this palette swatch very gray toned for me. Yes, they do come across brown but it leans more cool than it does warm. If you are into cool toned eyeshadows then this palette is perfect for you gals. But I tend to buy eyeshadows that lean more warm brown/neutrals than anything else. I wish this palette would take out the ugly gray browns and put some warm browns instead. Then OMG this palette would've rocked it for me...but sadly it was a return.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2014 11:32:00 PM More reviews by SarahLynn21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Perfect for travel with enough shades to create multiple different looks for either day or night. Highly pigmented quality eye shadow with neutral colors capable of producing natural looks or a great smokey eye.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2014 9:15:00 AM More reviews by breatheonbeat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

this is a staple for me. i use these colors in conjunction with a few others to create an everyday look. perfect for all over lid (wos), crease (the two browns). brows, highlight (venus)... those alone are amazing for me. i use wos, the brown colors, and venus everyday, and then usually do a liquid liner. when i vary my makeup, i do a different color blended into the crease. nice, basic, easy. foolproof for me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2014 8:53:00 AM More reviews by MAChostage

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This palette has its place and is not a bad thing, it just may not be the best thing, particularly for people of color. I find that I have to put in a little more work with this to pull off these shades, like using a white base/eye primer. It is truly a Naked "basic" palette. If you work a conservative gig or just want to use some really conservative colors, this palette would suit you well. I am a fan of UD across the board but, in hindsight, I could have left this one in the store. I rarely reach for it.