January 26, 2015 | 1846 users online

Other - ipsy

rated 1 of 5 on 1/14/2015 2:54:00 PM More reviews by AngieHarris

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I never received my ipsy bags for December or this month. I jumped through all the hoops (free advertising and following) to get off the waiting list. I have been charged for two months, yet to no avail. I never got my bags, and when I told them, they refused a refund because it's "policy". So there's a policy covering them for STEALING my money? I don't want the damn bags anymore. Not good. No thanks. I'm still waiting on the e-mail that will let me cancel my subscription...

I also think it's ironic how two vague five-star reviews popped up after my bad one on Influenster on the same day. Definitely a red flag about following the reviews on that site. Unsubscribing is also not easy. It's been a day since I've tried to unsubscribe, and the e-mail isn't coming in. If there's another charge for a third invisible bag then we're going to have more problems. :/

rated 1 of 5 on 10/22/2014 1:13:00 PM More reviews by AdaSelm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's initially a really good service.....
Until you need support for a lost glam bag or other problem. They are unclear about the fact that when they send you a new one, it WON'T be the one you were promised, it will be a mix of stuff you have already gotten in a bag.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/16/2014 6:24:00 PM More reviews by nikkilinn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

They say on the web site that it is $30 worth of product for $10 a month. IT IS NOT! It's about $2 worth of product a $1 bag from china and a $5 fancy shipping envelope! It's a JIP! They give you samples they are most likely getting for free. Save your money. or Beautybox5 is better. Its 12 bucks a month but at least you get full size products.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2014 1:55:00 PM More reviews by trinidoodlebug

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm on the fence with the ipsy subscription service. I love the idea of trying new cosmetic/skin lines and absolutely think the contents (+ cosmetic bag) one receives every month is worth the $10/month fee. However, a lot of the brands they've been featuring, repeatedly, lately are very cheap quality. I've also taken their quiz several times, making it very clear I do not want certain items (nail polish, lip gloss, mascara) and I get those same items in my bag every single month. I know a lot of people put their unwanted items up for swap, but I don't want the bother. I wind up giving half of the stuff away. ipsy has also taken to censoring their online forum. I wrote a post saying how disappointed I was in some of the items I received. About 30 min later they deleted my post without explanation. There are a lot of other deleted posts, so I can't be the only one having problems.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/18/2014 7:06:00 PM More reviews by Raygirl007

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

It seems to me that the IPSY bags are getting progressively chinzier (is that a word?) as the months go by. A couple more months and I may cancel. The thing that really keeps me from doing it is the enclosed makeup bag each time (although some of them have been HORRID and I'd be embarrassed to give them to a 5 year old they are so tacky). If they ever get rid of the makeup bag, I'm out. Rarely are the samples "high end" and usually only 1 or 2 of the products each month are worth trying. That being said, it IS only ten bucks, which is pretty cheap considering that includes shipping. So, maybe I expect too much - I don't know.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2014 12:59:00 PM More reviews by HeidiF69

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was an Ipsy member from the beginning, and cancelled it a few months ago. When they stated as "MyGlam" they promised samples from upscale brands. This happened only a couple times. I got a tiny lipstick from Urban Decay once - and not everyone gets those in their bag. It was the most garish color of hot pink, it was unwearable. The rest of the time, they give you oddly awful brands you've never heard of (Starlooks, JCat) and you find that these things are either found at Kmart or the dollar store.
They have you fill out a lengthy questionaire so they can "customize" your bag. They don't. I believe they sent me at least five red lipsticks and three sets of false lashes. If they do offer any good samples, they have a very limited number, and the rest of the subscribers are stuck with a neon nail polish or dregs from prior bags. Many times, items arrive broken since they are just sent via bubble mailer. Sometimes they replace, other times they send you through an annoying circut of emails, never to do anything in the end. So not worth it. I'd prefer to take my $10 and buy myself something I've selected so that I know I'll use it.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2014 11:50:00 AM More reviews by rubykarina4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was skeptical about subscribing to get my first Ipsy bag, but all the products inside where so worth it. Products I wouldn't really go out to buy in the store were in my bag and I loved them all. Ipsy def gives you the opportunity to try things that you might have not tried on your own! Attached is my video review on my first Ipsy bag. Feel free to take a look at it and see what all the products look like.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2014 1:57:00 PM More reviews by bmclaugh

I am a current subscriber and I can say that this is 100% better than Birchbox. My bag always has stuff that is geared towards my taste, although some of the products I am not in love with it gives me a chance to try them out anyway.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2014 4:16:00 PM More reviews by candigirl4

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I am a recent subscriber to Ipsy and a subscriber to Birchbox also. I actually like Ipsy more because they tend to send the kind of things I like which are makeup items. Sometimes you get a hair product too and skin products but they lean a little more toward the makeup arena and that's fine with me. If you love makeup then you should like Ipsy very well. Jcat false lashes come inside the Ipsy bags frequently, Pop beauty lip gloss and lip crayons, Be A Bombshell cosmetics, NYX, Urban Decay, the Balm, Starlooks, etc. Nice variety and its totally worth the $10 and FREE shipping. No foil sample sizes. You get full size items which is worth the $10 a month and a different really cute makeup bag each month. Very nice. I feel like I get my moneys worth with Ipsy, unlike Birchbox. Birchbox tends to be a little off balance in their boxes. Too much tea, mini size sample candy bars and hair bands in Birchbox, and not enough makeup and minimal tiny sample size skin care items. So Ipsy is my favorite so far.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/15/2013 1:24:00 PM More reviews by Lipstickjunkie4

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I loved my ipsy subscription in the beginning, (yeah u read it right LOVED).. I ended up cancelling it though because it seems that they just dont care.. I paid for my subscription every month and enjoyed getting my goodies.. it was like christmas every month BUT it got really old when they would start sending me the previous months bags because they "RAN OUT". They did this to me 2 times which was 2 times too much! I was upset and contacted them and they basically brushed me off! I think that since they made us wait for an invitation for about a month until there was availability then this shouldnt be happening! I sent over referrals after I joined and they got added AFTER ME and were receiving their correct bags. I thought if the problem would be corrected, maybe I would have stayed but after the initial response I received after I first contacted them, I WILL NEVER GIVE THEM MY MONEY AGAIN!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No