2.9

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have been subbing for about a year now & I love me some Ipsy! I have quit a couple of bags (birch box & lip monthly, I still sub to boxycharm & ELF!), Ipsy is a fun little diversion ev month, like a little surprise gift for myself maybe not Xmas or bday coz when we do these we do them B-I-G but maybe a mini bday ;) it's just a gift I give myself, I'm always excited to rip it open as soon as I get it that cheerful hot pink bubble mailer package! I loved the balm Meet Matt Hughes in the past month, the Laura Gellar blush, Kardashian hair oil all kinda good stuff I end up using ev thing except the fake eye lashes which I'm blessed/lucky not to get often (coz I wear glasses/eye health issues). It takes me a long time to use up a full sized item so I'm happy w delux samples. There isn't anything other than false lashes I could recall disliking or not at least having fun trying to make it work. It's brands I am not normally exposed to/wouldn't come across but I do like the colors the bag w most garish colors hands down is lipmonthly! Ipsy colors are tame compared, I find them trendy not 80s not always colors I'd pick for myself but cmon step outta ur comfort zone peeps! This beats another box I got temp tattoos in lol try this box u may find it a pleasant surprise! I don't plan to unsub any time soon!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I love the idea of getting to try out new products that I otherwise wouldn't have come across and to receive brands that I heard or read about. I just received my 2nd glam bag. I was pretty happy with the first one. Good products, 3 out of the 5 I use regularly. Now today my disappointment is huge! I only got 4 products instead of the promised 5 (bb cream missing ). Also this time I only got tiny sample sizes! One is supposed to be a highlighter but it's as small as a fingernail! Speaking of.. I love nail polish and indicated that in their questionnaire and while my friends all got polishes, I didn't, not last time, not this time either. Bummer! Will wait for the next bag and may cancel ig it doesn't convince me.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I just cancelled my order after getting bags for four months.

I used two separate emails to make two accounts and answered my questions differently on a few, to get as wide a variety as possible. Some things I answered the same, such as not wanting nail polish or skin care stuff and loving tools/brushes.

What do I get? Lots of polishes. And one brush in 8 kits.

I'd recommend it for someone with darker skin tone than mine, and someone with warm/olive-toned skin as well. The shades of stuff they send don't go well with my coloring.

For a brown-eyed, medium to dark skin toned person with skin that isn't treated with BHAs, AHAs, retin-A, or any actives that may make it more sensitive, I think it's a good deal.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I love a few of the products I got in my Ipsy bags. Their customer service is ok at best, my bag always comes late and I never get a tracking number.

Overall, I like Ipsy but wish they would include more cruelty free products.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I had it for 3 months and in those 3 months I never got the "sought after" products. I got a bit jealous that others got the highlighters and cream blushes while I got very cheap hair "oil." I do feel like you get your 10 dollars worth but the items are not of great quality. I think people who like higher end makeup or already have a good sized makeup collection won't enjoy Ipsy. In all honesty products were too cheap for me, I felt like I was just collecting junk. But its good for those who arent too concerned about products being name brand or lower end. I did get a good quality liquid eyeliner and lipgloss & most makeup items are full size.

I *love* Ipsy. I've been a member for two months. for $10 per month ($20 total) I've received two zippered bags (one I love and one which is ok but not to my taste--the bag itself is the same for everyone ever month) 3 deluxe samples, one very nice eye shadow brush, and six full sized products. The total value of my $20 ipsy bags, not counting the two bags, is about $95. And everything I've received has been very high quality and tailored to my beauty quiz answers. I'm an ipsy convert, and I'll be keeping this subscription for a while!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This website is for very young adults who want to experiment with bright colors and gaudy/bold types of makeup--most of which is very cheap. Tipsy does NOT take into your account the personalization quiz whatsoever. In 2 months worth of bags, I only received one item that I would ever even CONSIDER using. After just receiving my 2nd glam bag, I canceled my subscription. The Birchbox people take your profile into high consideration and focus more on skincare (what I really care about). Also, the makeup bags that Ipsy uses to ship the items are tacky & cheap.

I have been a subscriber of ipsy for two years now. Ipsy has helped introduce me to a lot of great brands and products over that time and I now have an awesome selection of travel bags as well (you get one bag with each month's collection of sample products).

Ipsy offers a lot of value for the money (you pay $10 and every month the value of the bag far exceeds $10) and is customized to your needs and interests. Ipsy tends to give more makeup and hair products rather than skin care, body care, or fragrance products. Their quiz sometimes is hit or miss (there are certain products I would rather not receive like hair styling products that I continue to receive) and their color selection tends towards pinks in the lips department (sometimes garishly pink lip colors) and blue in the eye department (I hate blue eyeliner. Seriously, leave it in the 80s please).

I analyzed the last two years' worth of bags and discovered that I only really liked approximately one product per month on average that I would be willing to continue to purchase. While the point of Ipsy is to discover new brands and makeup items, I no longer think that this subscription box is for me, as I am more interested in quality products (over quantity) and also organic and cruelty free products.

That being said, there are many good things about ipsy, like the ability to redeem products after you have acquired a certain number of points from reviews, and the ability to sample so many different things is pretty awesome. I think this is good for those who are just figuring out what they want in terms of beauty products and those who like to experiment. For those who already have a clear picture, there are many great alternatives, especially for those of particular interests (a.k.a. organic products or vegan products).

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

The idea of IPSY is great- sampling items you normally wouldn't purchase for an affordable price. BUT that's where it ends- the idea. The products are definitely not tailored to your profile- very disappointing. The lipstick colors they send are just plain gaudy. But hey if you enjoy looking like a circus clown then go for it! I've gave it two tries ( two months) then ended my subscription. I'll be sticking with my Birchbox.

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium