2.9

on 8/1/2015 10:01:00 PM

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I just found out that have my package ship to Canada cost me 20 dollars, wow

on 7/13/2015 7:54:00 PM

I actually really like ipsy. They send me great products I wouldn't ordinarily try. The best part about it is their customer service. I've had a few issues but I contacted customer service and they immediately fix whatever problem I may be having. The downside to it is that I feel they don't listen to my beauty quiz. I get products that I just don't want and will never buy. But I also get products I never would have tried and surprisingly love.

on 6/23/2015 8:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Ipsy is for make-up lovers!!! I love make-up and love to try new and different products. I couldn't believe some of the reviews that I have read. So negative! You receive random makeup that is based off of your profile. Sometimes you will get random things that you cannot use. I give those things as a gift to someone for Christmas or their birthday. Only, of course, if I feel like they can use it and if I feel like they will like it. Either way, it always works out. I LOVE MY IPSY GLAM BAGS!!!!

on 5/20/2015 5:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I used to love ipsy for its cheap and wonderful idea. I especially love the makeup pouches, I see that 2015's bags are even cuter!

But that's the only thing I love about ipsy—the makeup bags. The stuff inside are crappy dollar-store makeup. True, the value you get for ipsy is incredible for $10 but I definitely wouldn't pay original price for ANY of these items. In fact they are worth the $10 total. $10CAD I mean. I paid $20CAD for this to come to Canada.

Okay some brands I am pretty happy receiving: Zoya, NYX, Pop Beauty, and high-end samples like Urban Decay Revolutionary Lipstick. But all in shades I would never use. We're talking about bright pink, unpopular* reds, overly glittery stuff.
*unpopular like... the ones that never sell

Often the makeup are not everyday colours. They're more "Let's play princesses at home!" kind of stuff.

I subscribed for half a year, loved and kept all the bags, and tossed away almost everything else. All eyeliners and mascara were terrible to the point they were unusable, eyeshadows are "ew I didn't know these colours existed", and skincare items have ingredients that would irritate any face. I kept a Zoya nail polish, a Starlooks lipliner, and the UD sample.

1 star for the lovely makeup bags
2nd star for the thrill of receiving this in the mailbox and its cheap price

I decided my $20 per month can be wisely spent somewhere else.

I'm in love with Ipsy! They have beauty quiz that lets them know what kind of products you like the most, which works for me .I have retaken the quiz and my bags contain has changed. Of course, nobody can guarantee you won't receive something you don't like, but it's absolutely normal, since it's still sample service. Their points system is great, I was able to get full size Benefit Cha Cha tint this month. Also they have this Sneak Peak thing, it feels like surprise every month, keeps you excited! They send a lot of full size products, sometimes it's high end, sometimes drug store (i don't see anything terrible in drug store brands). Plus products come with a cute cosmetic bag. So much fun! Whole concept is just awesome. If you do use all type of make up products, if you're open for trying different shades, if you do understand that it's a sample service you'll be happy with Ipsy as much as i am. $10 a month. It's totally worth it! Here if you're interested!

on 4/15/2015 1:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Cheap. Made in China Products with low grade ingredients.
Amazing Marking and Amazing Social Presence.
Would rather receive less products (2-3 items) made from better quality then 5 drug store brand talc infused cheap products.

but boy they know how to market and hook a customer! Just not keep one.
This brand is best for teenager and young adults.

I discontinued my membership.

Ipsy service is terrible. Advertises personalized bags but they are far from personalized. I got a bag that was far from personalized. I spent ten dollars and got nothing I could use. Colors are not for my coloring and skin type, they sent products I had stated I do not use (they sent mascara which I cannot use). When I complained, I was told "be happy, you got make up!" What use is getting make up if I can't use any of it? Big waste.

on 3/18/2015 11:45:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Many of the products are from brands I've never heard of and many of the products are garbage. Ususually get lipshades that are great if you are looking for a one night stand or want to relive the 80's. They just don't flatter any skin tone. There have been a couple good products tho. Problem living in Canada if you find something you do like, the ipsy discount code is useless to you because many of these companies don't deliver to Canada. With the current exchange rate, the cost of an ipsy subscription if you live in Canada currently is around $20! With my two daughters also getting ipsy, it just isn't worth it spending $60 on mystery samples I usually end up throwing in the garbage anyway. The only awesome thing about ipsy is the samples come in an adorable little makeup bag. Love those little bags, I find them so handy for the purse.

Ive tried ipsy, i dont get the hype, its a cool subscription but nothing i really need. i have a few others sample society, tomboxes and birchbox. i feel like ipsy is just good marketing compared to the others i get.

Its like a club only the cool girls get past the line quickly, get friends to signup and boom youre in

on 2/24/2015 12:01:00 AM

I love ipsy! For $10/month people shouldn't be complaining about it. It's a nice surprise in the mail and you get to try new products! It comes in an adorable pink bubble mailer and you get a cosmetics bag with 4-5 samples or full size products. This month (Feb 2015) the retail value of my bag was $73 and I only paid $10! I got to try several new brands that I have never heard of and ended up loving almost everything in my bag! If you don't love some of the items you get simply put them in a separate bin so if you ever need an little extra something for a gift or have a makeup emergency you are covered! If you want to sign up up follow my link! http://www.ipsy.com/r/2gvsf?sid=ipsypoints&cid=general

Popular Other Products