October 25, 2014 | 1812 users online

Lipstick - Hourglass - Opaque Rouge Liquid Lipstick-Edition

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2014 3:35:00 PM More reviews by stimwink1

I've had this lippy in Icon for almost two years and just realized when I went to replace my tube that I've never reviewed this. This rich blue based ruby red is matte opaque and non-budge!
It is drying because it is a true matte. I exfoliate balm and use a lip liner before I do this lippy and I don't eat/drink anything for 30 minutes after I apply and I try not to smack my lips together either until this takes a firm hold and drys. It drys to a velvet hard look will wear if you eat oily based or greasy foods. I'm very careful about re applying this as you can get a flaky/cakey mess if you are not careful. so if I know I'm going to be noshing to any extent I'll pull another lippy. The COLOR is beautiful and a real statement to your makeup look. I'm not sure about the other colors they maybe much easier to put on and forget about it. But Icon is one of those yes you can do that to an extent but you need to be careful with eatting and drinking or you may have a red ring around your mouth. Bottom line yes I will re-buy

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2014 3:39:00 AM More reviews by fushiarose1

I bought the colour 'icon'. It's a beautiful blue-based red which reminds me of something Marilyn Monroe or Snow White would wear. I have heard some pretty negative reviews but I do enjoy this product. It usually lasts around 4-6 hrs on me, I can drink without messing up this lipstick but if I eat it goes everywhere! Also if I rub my lips together it does get patchy :( It feels very comfortable on my lips, it dosent really feel like you have anything on and it didn't dry out my lips either which was a nice surprise, I haven't had a matte lip product which didn't dry my lips out. I have to be honest, one the main reasons I brought this was because of the packaging, ITS GORGEOUS and I think quite durable and sleek. Also, if you live in Australia and can go to priceline I think the savvy ultra matte lip cream is a good dupe. Not alternative, dupe. This is because they are EXACTLY the same colour and look the same. In my opinion, the savvy one is even better than the hourglass because it lasts so long, I can eat with it on and it still looks freshly applied. The hourglass is also over 4 times the price of the savvy. While the hourglass is good, if I could go back in time I would just get the savvy, it's a fraction of the price and lasts so much longer.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2014 7:38:00 AM More reviews by RosB

Have seen these online for quite a while and then using a gift card took the plunge and ordered in colour Canvas. Wow, this stuff really stays the distance. Still going strong my mid afternoon, which is unheard of for me. A matte finish and the colour is own lips but better. I will definitely be checking out other colours in the range.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2013 2:13:00 AM More reviews by outdoorsgal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This review is for the Icon Opaque Rouge Liquid lipstick.
I love wearing this as a base and applying the Femme Rouge formula in the same colour for extra oomph and staying power. These two together are a lethal combination.

Like its traditional lipstick counterpart, the Opaque Rouge formula is a deep, rich, blue-based red. The liquid version can be a bit drying so definitely apply lip balm beforehand. As the colour wears off, it leaves behind a nice stain and I like to apply clear gloss or a lip balm on top for a softer look.

I wish the tube was larger given the price tag.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2013 6:30:00 PM More reviews by Halloqueen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my first Hourglass lippie. I saw the color "Edition" on some online swatches and purchased it based on that. This is a really nice lippie, as it should be for the price. On my complexion, it's a MLBB. It's a warm rosy pink that just punches up my inner lip color, and adds a bit of color to my face without looking overdone. The finish isn't really matte but not a full on shine like a gloss. It has very slight shimmer that makes it look "wet". It's not glittery or over the top, and the shimmer makes my lips look really full which is totally a plus. It comes in a lovely metal case, and the lippie itself has a chiseled tip. This makes application a breeze...no liner or brush needed, unless it's part of your routine. Lasting time is better than average. All in all, it's one of the better lippies in this price range.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2013 10:19:00 PM More reviews by ewhitelaw

Oh. My. God. This is the best lipstick i own. I'm slightly uncoordinated when it comes to lipsticks but this is so super easy to apply. It goes on perfectly! I put this on after I put on my foundation and didn't get even the slightest hint of bleeding around the lip line. I also didn't bother with lipliner as this just goes on perfectly and doesn't need it.

I have been wearing this now for 6 hours and it hasn't budged at all! I have eaten lunch, had two cups of tea and a coffee and my lips are still perfect.

I am also really excited to say that because of the formula I can smile without worrying that I'm going to get lipstick all over my teeth. Amazing. Truly amazing. Next pay I am going to stock up on a couple of other colours!

(P.S. I'm wearing this in Raven and it's super bright, eyecatching and marvelous!)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2012 12:07:00 AM More reviews by beautyjunkie2012

I purchased this in 'icon'. A nice deep but yet bright red. This is definitely a true must buy because the formula sticks with me for 10 hours plus it isnt drying after removal. Its best to apply a lip liner before application to use as an outline because this sets quite quickly and there is no room for mistakes. I'm an avid collector of red lippies and so this one is actually one I reach for quite often.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2012 7:55:00 AM More reviews by Nerrisa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I hadn't heard a lot of good things about this product, but since I like the idea of a nondrying, long lasting lipstick that doesn't need one of those icky topcoats, I picked up Edition.

The color is BEAUTIFUL. It's a medium warm pink with a tiny bit of gold shimmer. It's very flattering and lights up my face. The finish is matte, obviously, and the color is pretty much totally opaque. I put it on and it lasted a good eight hours without looking weird or needing much of a touch up. It applies almost like a stain-wet and creamy, and then dries down, and while I do find that it stains my lips, it's not drying like most stains.

I love the packaging-it's a little flat tube and will fit easily into almost any bag or even a pocket. That does mean, however, that you aren't getting much product for the $28 price tag, but you're still getting 0.1oz, which is about the same as any other lipstick. And I only have to apply it once or twice a day anyway. I really want to buy other colors!