November 22, 2014 | 1708 users online

Fragrances - Carnival Wax - Black Amber

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2012 7:52:00 PM More reviews by MUJunky

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love Black Amber. It absolutely has patchouli, but not that cheap suffocating stuff. And of course there is the amber, but what exactly makes it so mysterious I have no idea. I love Carnival Wax in general because all of their frags have an edge to them and this is no exception. I have found that any CW on top of Black Amber is made that much better. Perfect on its own or layered. Long lasting love!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2012 1:17:00 PM More reviews by TaniaRides

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Black Amber is a heavy mix of patchouli and amber. And this is pretty much amber and patchouli at their worst for me. I love patchouli from brands like Reminiscence Paris & Thierry Mugler, but this is a heavy, headshoppy, cheap, mentholic, bitter sort of patchouli. It reminds me of motor oil and rotting wood. And I usually love amber, but this is a faint, powdery variety that isn't working for me either. The drydown is all patchouli all the time. It's a total scrubber for me. And at $90 for 10mls of this oil, a bottle from Reminiscence is actually cheaper.