December 18, 2014 | 848 users online

Treatments (Face) - Earth Science - Active Age Defense A/B Hydroxy Night Rejuvenator

rated 5.0(1 review)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2012 1:01:00 PM More reviews by secondadonna

I also saw this called 10% AHA/BHA; I'm assuming the percentage is approximately 8% AHA, 2% BHA, but the label isn't clear.

I added this AHA/BHA moisturizer to my routine a few weeks ago to resolve some dryness, dullness, and flaking, and it really seems to be effective. I'm acne-prone, but I've had NO breakouts or clogs I would attribute to this. It definitely leaves me with softer, smoother, glowy skin, and when I make sure to apply over the flaky areas, they're smooth and fresh the next morning. A few discoloured areas from past breakouts have faded much more quickly than usual since I started using it, as well. The lotion base is lightweight and easy to apply, with NO noticeable scent. I was a little worried about all the botanicals but I've had no bad reactions.

It does prickle a bit shortly after application, which I've found with all effective AHA products. I've applied on my neck as well as face occasionally, but I think it's slightly strong for that; I wouldn't recommend using this in the eye area.

The glass bottle & pump are quite nice and the price is about half that of other comparable AHA treatments (like $45+ NeoStrata or similar). A really great find. Many health food stores, including Whole Foods, carry the brand.