April 23, 2014 | 927 users online

Fragrances - Bond No.9 - Manhattan

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2013 5:24:00 PM More reviews by zeynepd

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the second Bond after Coney Island that is actually a mess on my skin. On paper, I should fall in love with it all the lovely autumnal notes. nutmeg and saffron... coriander...peach...plum, chocolate, gingerbread. OK., maybe some jasmin. On my skin, however, I find this one challenging scent far from the cozy, enveloping character of gourmands.

For one thing, Manhattan's spices turn into something nasty on me. Normally I don't have a problem with saffron. Serge Lutens's saffron and orange blossom is a favourite combination of mine. But here, the spicy aspect of the fragrance gives me one huge dirty armpit... accompanied with some watery flowers with crushed stems. I can get a clear chocolate note - the main reason why I kept on sampling Manhattan. Unfortunately, it's very flat. The drydown reminds me of that of Equistrius.

I wish it worked on me, but it doesn't.

Low sillage but good lasting power.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2013 9:51:00 PM More reviews by aditijain

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I absolutely LOVE this fragrance! I was on a quest to find a sexy, mysterious scent that everyone doesn't have. I tried on a million (okay, atleast 30 fragrances) before I found one that both my husband and I liked on me. The lasting power is great. On me it smells like a deep, smokey-sweet, enchanting scent. Its definitely unusual, but not as out there like L'artisan's Timbuktu. Every time I wear it, I feel like I can conquer the world. It is more of a fall/ winter scent. But I wore it a couple of days ago and it just makes me happy! But, definitely try it on before you buy, and see how the fragrance reacts with your body chemistry. Some Bond fragrances smell like complete duds on me (ahem, Chinatown), but this one was a definite winner.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/7/2013 6:38:00 PM More reviews by lurketylurk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Bond No 9 Manhattan is officially classified as an oriental gourmand and I think that it fits that category well. This is a spicy/borderline foody scent that is more dry than sweet. In that sense, I find it interesting and different. Manhattan opens with nutmeg and saffron. The saffron is actually a bit harsh to my nose in the opening. This is one of those scents where the drydown is where it starts to shine. There is a touch of cocoa and lots of gingerbread men as Manhattan dries down. Little gingerbread men all laid out on the kitchen counter awaiting their icing – that’s what comes to mind. Later into the drydown, it morphs into a dry patchouli. I detect neither the peach nor jasmine Bond claims should be in here. This is pure dry woods and spices to my nose.
I do like this. But it’s not for me because I’m just not a patch kinda girl, and this strikes me as rather masculine with the predominant dry spices and woody drydown. I’m too much a girly girl to wear it. One of the most interesting Bond offerings in quite a while though, and I encourage others to sample.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/19/2013 4:35:00 AM More reviews by YoHarajuku

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

A nice clean, but sharp fragrance. A little to heady for me but I recommend to others.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2012 1:28:00 PM More reviews by EmbalmerBabe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Bond's new fragrance for Fall/Winter 2012 "Manhattan" has a lovely bottle...a gorgeous shimmering royal blue with red Bond stamps scattered all over.Saks description:

Notes of fresh coriander, corsican immortelle, spicy nutmeg, juicy Italian bergamot, gold saffron, gourmand gingerbread, cashmere wood, french genet, provence star jasmine, cistus flower, gourmand red plum, breches honey, rare agarwood, oriental musk, creamy sandalwood and suede.

I really wanted to love this as the notes seemed incredible, esp. the gingerbread. However I cannot get past a cigarette smoke type smell. A sales person from Saks also picked up the same thing I was detecting. It's really confusing and does not seem to last long on my skin either. On to try other Bond's!