August 1, 2014 | 938 users online

BB Cream - The Body Shop - All-In-One BB Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2014 12:30:00 AM More reviews by Anonymousfox

When I first wanted to buy this bb creams, I read some reviews online, and a majority of people complaint on this product being a huge disappointment.. First of all, if u wanted something with a lot of coverage, u should have bought a foundation.. Not a bb cream. A bb cream is not supposed to cover up all ur blemishes. And there's something called a concealer. So After reading the reviews I too was quite doubtful on whether I should purchase this bb cream and try it out. I have never had any good experiences with bb creams and foundations as they never could perfectly match my skin tone. But the body shop all in one bb cream matched my skin tone beautifully!! It gave my skin a healthy looking glow!! Many people said tht it had a yellowish orange under tone, but I'm Asian so that yellowish undertone was probably why it matched me although my skin is still quite fair and white... Probably cause it had quite a sheer coverage.

Many people also said that the coverage if this bb cream was disappointing.. The minimal coverage wasn't really a problem for me .. It was actually a great factor in my opinion, cause I wanted to achieve an extremely natural look for my everyday makeup... I'm not a fan of products with medium to high coverage as they always hide my freckles, which I do not want to hide. I think that this product would be good for people with dry to normal skin as the product may start to "dissapear" after a few hours for people with more oily skin..

So far this bb cream is the only bb cream that matches my skin.. And the colour adaptation on this bb cream is amazing as I have also tried this on my friend with slightly darker skin than me, but falls in the same fair shade category. The colour did not appear like how it appeared on my face but it matched the colour of hers.. It matched both our skin tones. That's why I love this bb cream.

Although I am not a fan of the consistency and the smell, it is still a fantastic product. It blends beautifully and is perfect for people who are looking for a more natural looking product with minimal coverage..
I would definitely repurchase this product again.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/10/2014 10:36:00 AM More reviews by bunnyfaces

this is too pricey for a useless bb cream. it is almost liquid, no creamy. the tube is the worst. when i opened the tube and the bb cream fell down everywhere in the cover tube. i used shade no.2 and it gives reddish effect on my face and got easily oily after few hours. it covered lightly and looked a little cakey. no like it at all, wouldnt repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/10/2014 3:20:00 AM More reviews by groovygal

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really didn't like this BB cream AT ALL! I don't have very bad skin, but it is extremely discoloured with lots of red on my cheeks, an orangey/browny type chin/mouth area, and a more tanned t-zone. Since this product claimed to adjust to your skin colour, I was extremely drawn to it, as I wanted a BB cream that would even out my skin colour but not be too heavy, since I don't really need that much coverage.
I bought the colour 1, and the lady in the shop tested it on my hand and along my chin, and we both thought it looked really nice.
It's a very creamy consistency, and if I had oily skin everywhere on my face (I just have an oily nose!) I would have been wary, but I bought it anyway, since I wasn't planning on using too much on my nose.
However, when I got home, I blended it onto my hand a little bit then blended it on my face, and the colour was completely different to my skin tone... it was bright orange! I had to take it off straight away, and I was extremely disappointed. If the colours didn't change to match your skin, I think this would be an amazing product, but it matched terribly :(
I've tried it at least 4 times, blending it differently, but it still turns out orange in the end.
If you like The Body Shop's makeup products (like I do!), I would highly recommend the Vitamin E Cool BB cream ... it's one colour suits all, but it starts off a skin coloured brown and adapts to your skin colour a lot better and more accurately, plus there's way more in the package!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/9/2014 12:55:00 PM More reviews by Theofano

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have the 01 shade, the colour adapts well even it gives a slightly darker tone which I guess you could say is towards orange. The cream is very fluid, I've noticed that comes out on clothes/ telephones etc and it makes me feel conscious that my face touching anything.

I was very reluctant to buy it at first as the smell reminded me of something chemical but then again I never had problems with Body Shop products. It offers a good hydration which is satisfying for dry skins but I'm not sure how oily skins would react to that. When applying it gives the unpleasant feel of small grains which dissolve as applying. It has a sheer coverage that doesn't cover blemishes.

I'm not really happy with this product, I have it over two years and just looking forward to finish it.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/17/2014 3:36:00 AM More reviews by jolicorne

I'm using it more than one products because I haven't find the right one for me and this product is okay. And because I believe in the bodyshop that much. But honestly this product isn't that good, like everyone says it is too sheer for a bb cream and sometimes the cream doesn't really blend inside the packaging.
And after 2 hours of using you can already see oil in some area of your face.
But this is okay to keep my face moisturized.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2014 2:30:00 PM More reviews by Autumngirl75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Its a very nice BB cream for me i think because reading peoples review i can see that not so many are satisfied with the result and color changing of product,i have medium-olive skin tone and warm may be too but the lady who works at body shop recommend( shade 03) for me and i have realised it was the darkest color.when i came back home i have tried it on and it looked nice not bad really.made my skin all looks very nice,soft with one even skin tone color,healthy, but i think i should have gone for( shade 02).may be next time im going to purchase shade 02 after i will run off shade 03. i still like shade 03..

P.S i never like using foundation on my skin because i always feel it something too heavy for me to use,but with this BB Cream im so happy that i got it.light texture and so lovely.

Thanks

rated 3 of 5 on 5/19/2014 4:23:00 PM More reviews by syber32

I've only recently obtained this product, I have it in 01. I'm glad I got 01 as 00 would have been way to light and I have fair/medium skin. it comes out of the tube white and has odd flecks in it, it looks a little vanilla ice cream. it also smelt quite strong, I didn't think it was a nice smell, I putmy normal moisturiser on and proceeded to apply the bb cream - big mistake my skin felt like it was on fire, I washed it off straight away. I decided to give it another go the following day and this time put a primer underneath, no stinging, went on well, very light coverage though and a little shiny, but that could be the primer, a little dusting of powder and it was actually quite nice. seemed to stay the same color all day and photographed okay too. will probably buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2014 5:52:00 AM More reviews by oosez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I am really torn about this product, because as much as I love it, I can also see that a lot of complaints from other reviews are quite legitimate. I'll start with the reasons why I love this bb cream. I've been using this since the start of the year.

I have tried Missha, Etude House, Innisfree, theFACEshop, Nature Republic, It's Skin BabySkin, Garnier... quite a few bb creams. I'm very drawn to the idea of a natural finish product that combines the properties of a moisturiser, sunscreen, mild colour corrector and light foundation in one, that I can just slap on over the weekends for a lunch with the girls.

I love this one the most out of all the bb creams I have tried! For one, it's an easy and cute silver squeeze tube. I prefer squeeze tubes to pumps, and the worst dispenser I've tried is on theFACEshop's circular centre pump B.S. The product is quite fluid and applies smoothly and doesn't require much blending in. It smells quite nice for a cosmetic. The colour beads (I got 02, the second darkest shade out of 00-03) matches me really well. I am like extreme yellow undertones, so I didn't find it orangey on me, but I can see it doing that for someone of a less mustard skin complexion than I am, haha. Also, it's the first colour-bead technology that I found to actually work and match my skin. Seriously. The Innisfree one and theFACEshop ones I use are pink in tone, and give me a very whitish/grey cast. The finish is beautifully healthy, dewy and glowing. It's moisturising. The coverage is only sheer, but it's enough to negate the redness around my nose and any splotchiness. I really, really like this. It just works on me, and really well at that.

To be fair, I will also go through the cons of this product. Some of them are things that apply to me, and some are things that I can see grating on others. For one, it can be quite yellow and orangey. It fits me, but I don't know if it would fit a lot of other people, and I didn't notice any pink toned shades in the range. It's a dewy finish and so it would probably slide right off someone who has oily skin. Case in point: ME. I have to powder it down quite a bit, which negates the dewy effect. Also even with primer and powder, it does get a little patchy around the corners of my nose in Summer. It's Winter right now though, and it adheres great. I only use a primer and mineral powder in Summer anyhoo. Maybe it would be more reliable and consistent on normal or dry skin. It doesn't have sunscreen, which for me isn't bad, since I wear moisturiser with high SPF, but definitely does not make it ALL-IN-ONE as it claims to be. It has lower coverage than my Etude House and Baby Skin, which to some people might already be too light coverage. It has a pretty high price point, compared to other brands. I got this for AUD$29.95 for 25mL (it's now $21.95), which I don't think would last a long time if you used it daily and could get pricey in the long run.

So although I did have an extensive list of actual/potential negatives, I'm going to give it a five star rating because it's my favourite bb cream, and one I willingly and happily turn to on a regular basis. I really, really love it. Honestly, I love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2014 5:23:00 PM More reviews by mariasj

Really good coverage, especially if you have redness!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2014 11:09:00 AM More reviews by littlemj

NC25 yellow toned Chinese, acne marks to cover.

The 01 color oxidized orange on me. Sheer coverage.