The Body Shop All-In-One BB Cream

2.9

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 9/1/2015 8:28:00 AM

If you have fair skin stay away from this product!

The shades range is awful for pale skin, the product claims to match to your skin colour when blended in. I ordered the palest shade in the range from their website, and I used it ONCE before giving it away as it was just bright orange on me. For reference I am NW15-NW20 at MAC.

I could not make it work for me at all, and the coverage wasn't great either. I think this is just yet another brand trying to do a 'BB cream', but yet they are not compareable at all to the proper Asian BB creams which are usually fantastic.

After hearing many good reviews about this product, I decided to try it out- as my first BB Cream. The price is £12.00 for a 25ml tube, so I'm sure that you could find much better value on the high street. At first I loved it but then it made my skin go very orange toned- as if I've failed at using some fake tan. The formula is okay, there is very little coverage but perfect for those who have flawless skin and it feels very lightweight.

Pros:
- Lightweight
- Easy to apply
- Cruelty Free
- Handy Packaging, doesn't take up much room in your makeup bag

Cons:
- Very little coverage
- Shades are very orange, even the lightest 00.
- Not worth the price, £12.00 for a small tube
- Does very little

Overall I would not repurchase this as you can find much better value in other brands that are cheaper, and that would be more effective.

I decided to buy this product mainly because of the flashy packaging (I'm a sucker of anything shiny) and honestly this product just isn't for me.
The coverage is very light and personally I prefer a BB cream with a bit heavier coverage due to my acne but if your skin is very clear then this is the perfect product as it gently adapts to your skin tone to even out any discolouration.
Because I absolutely hate wasting products I try to use this with the body shop "all in one base" which gives a high coverage and it is the most AMAZING combination as it looks like natural skin but covers up any imperfections.
Overall I probably wouldn't repurchase this product because I have other BB creams that I prefer.

on 6/4/2015 10:51:00 PM

Turned orange on my skin and pilled when used in conjunction with other cosmetics. I did not care for the sticky consistency, either.

on 5/5/2015 7:26:00 AM

i bought this product out of pure curiosity, i'd never used a BB cream before. I'm pale as a ghost, so when the hispanic salesperson said she used the shade i was looking for.. i should have been suspicious. it was okay the first day! but the next time i used it a few days later, the consistency had completely changed, it was just pure liquid, made an awful mess. so i applied it to my face and i was so confused because i was turning ORANGE! seriously i looked ridiculous and it felt like i was slathering on sunscreen (i didn't use much). I immediately wiped it off and restarted my makeup routine without it.

on 5/1/2015 8:44:00 AM

This one is worth a try, but as you can see from the reviews is pretty divisive! I don't think it's my holy grail BB cream but now that I've been playing with it, it's a fun toy, worth a swatch.

I bought this back before Christmas in a BOGO or sale or something (buy two get 1? I don't even remember). I love dabbling in BB creams and liked the way it swatched on the back of my hand. Got it home and when I applied it with my fingertips, I didn't like the colour that developed. Put it to bed for a while, then pulled it back out the other day. I have discovered that I like the way it develops better if I dispense the product on the back of my hand and use a stippling brush to apply to my face. So if it develops too dark or orange or too anything if you are putting it on with your fingers, try a sponge or brush. This has turned out to be a decent daytime/office light coverage look for me. I'd buy it again in another sale, don't know if I would pay full price. Again, still looking for my HG BB cream but this one is worth a try if you are way into BB Cream and can afford to take a chance on it.

on 4/3/2015 4:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I have not liked BB creams before I came across this one. They were always too greasy, thick, too dark or too ashy. I have a good skin but my skin is very dry and it lacks the glow. I hate the ugly frosty and fake looking finish that powder highlighters give me. I wanted a natural looking shiny glow rather than frosty glow. This gives me an instant youthfull boost. I have a very fair slightly yellow toned skin. Shade 00 is a perfect match for me and the best of all the product does not have a fragrance. I only think it is bit expensive but to be honest not too bad.

on 3/17/2015 2:24:00 AM

first impression: lightweight, light coverage, skin matching bb cream. I have light medium skin tone but shade 00 matches me just fine. this evens out some sun spots I have gotten from my hs years when I didn't use SPF religiously yet. this doesn't have spf in it so I need to put something underneath with SPF before using this product. it seems to last all day but I have only been indoors while testing so I can't say how it holds up in summer weather. $20 for 1 oz tube, not expensive for a higher up brand but not cheap. will update after testing it when I wear it outdoors

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

It's a pretty good BB cream. It doesn't really have any noticeable coverage, though, it does wonders in evening out my skin tone! It gives my skin a natural and illuminating dewy finish. It might not be my favourite BB cream, but it's honestly a good one. Also, it's PERFECT for people with sensitive skin :)

on 2/22/2015 1:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This is basically a lotion with no spf... It provides a barely there coverage, even for a bb cream but i found it to be buildable in layers. This bb cream definately needs to be set no matter what skin type you have. One plus for this product is the color matching. The white beaded liquid transforms as you blend it into the skin and matches olive and yellow undertones amazingly but will not cover discoloration or redness very well. (Works best using you fingers to apply). It's perfect for people with already evenly toned skin going for a glowing look. If you have olive or yellow toned skin give it a try but otherwise i would pass..