July 22, 2014 | 1948 users online

BB Cream - FairyDrops - Candybar BB Cream

rated 2 of 5 on 12/21/2013 11:20:00 PM More reviews by KatieJareau

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

After first trying this product, I was like, WOW, this covers really well and doesn't look crap in photos.

But then as hours flew, I was like, WOW, this is so not worth the hype and it is shit for my pores.

The coverage is good but it does feel heavy and will look cakey on me, personally. It's fantastic for photos.

I have had a lot of experience with BB Creams and while FairyDrops DOES produce quite a good one compared to the rest, it's just not SO good that the price would be this expensive. Also, there's not even a lot in the container so why bother with the price if it's going to be so minimal?

Lastly, the sponge. Oh my CHRIST do I hate the sponge. DO NOT use this sponge over and over unless you're going to wash it because it collects dirt and bacteria. Just store it somewhere else. Etude made a BB Cream with similar packaging last year and I broke out because I was just a noob who didn't know that sponge applicators like that are evil.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/12/2013 6:15:00 PM More reviews by Fluffysealion

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't understand the hype about this product. I purchased this BB cream because everyone was recommending it for photos (since there is no SPF). After trying it out, I was completely disappointed that I had spent so much money on this. The texture of this BB cream is not smooth, and actually makes pores look worse! I tried applying with brush, fingers, and the sponge applicator and all three looked bad. The BB cream also looked really cakey on my face and made me feel uncomfortable. I just couldn't wear this BB cream out.

Don't waste your money on this product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2013 2:17:00 PM More reviews by ZebraPrints

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really wish this product would have worked for me. I purchased the shade in light ochre, and when I first swatched it and seemed a little dark, but when I applied to my face it matched perfectly. Sad thing is it doesn't give me full coverage. The packaging is super cute and the sponge tip applicator is a must have.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/2/2013 7:36:00 PM More reviews by Jasmine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I got this after seeing all the hype on youtube and beauty blogs. Only 2 colors are available and I got the lightest color. It's a 35g tube that has a sponge applicator which i used just once since I felt that the application was not even and product tends to get wasted. It gives medium coverage but the thing I don't like is that it feels slightly heavy on my skin -- like I just plopped on a heavy moisturizer. Not good when you're oily skinned and live a in a tropical country.. :(

The texture is somewhat thick and not runny at all so I find that I tend to use a lot for one application. I rated it as somewhat expensive because of this aspect.

For those times that you get your photo taken a lot, I think this would be a good face base since it does not contain SPF (which gives a white cast in photos). Overall, I think it's okay but I wouldn't buy this again. I think I would get better value for money and coverage with the Etude House or Missha BB creams.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/7/2012 12:11:00 AM More reviews by amandakat3

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Way too over rated. Nice coverage for about an hour or so. Not for oily skinned girls. Gets cakey and accentuates the smallest wrinkles and pores. Had high hopes for this product. More of a foundation. I would not consider this BB Cream. Don't waste your money on this. Will be sending it back.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2012 1:16:00 PM More reviews by Chloeclover

On Pretty and Cute Website:
Fairydrops Candy Bar BB Cream was produced by Mayumi Yasutomo, a newscaster, who desired to have a product that made her skin look flawless while on camera. This shine-free, oil-free and waterproof product was the perfect solution. The product itself is a lightweight formula allowing you to apply the amount of layer you would like without feeling like your skin is being weighed down. Micro- gold pearl hides scars and freckles. Soft focus powder uses light diffusion not to show wrinkles and makes skin smooth. Cover with thin film, and protect from dry and rough skin.

This is probably my favorite BB cream ever. The only drawback is the ingredient list, included are parabens, petroleum, and aluminum hydroxide (very bad chemicals.. causes cancer and etc). There are only two colors available, light ochre and ochre. Most BB creams from Asia are more suited for fair Asian skin. They both have a yellow undertone. I would recommend this for oily skinned girls with yellow undertones!!

Pros:
Matte finish
Long-lasting
Acts like a foundation
No SPF, can be worn for night time and for photographs
Flawless finish without looking cakey
Good for oily skin (I don't get oily for 5-6 hours, looks dewey more than oily)

Cons:
No SPF (doesn't bother me, more versatile because can put sunscreen on)
Bad chemicals (parabens, petroleum, and aluminum)
Only two colors available
Expensive for the amount ($30-40 + shipping... online shops)
Hard to get (Japanese brand)

Would I re-purchase?

Although it comes in a small tube about with about 35g, I have had this BB cream for over a year and I still have quite a bit left (half) because a little goes a long way. I didn't like the tube packaging and actually put it in more of a jar and I use a foundation brush and a dense brush to blend it out instead of using the sponge that comes with the BB cream.. Sponges tend to soak up more product... I would definitely re-purchase even though it is really pricey. This BB cream is perfect for photographs and special occasions. I try not to wear this daily because its sooo beautiful!!!

I didn't give it a full 5 stars because of the chemicals and how expensive it is for just 35g...

UPDATE: After trying the newer foundations in the drugstore and the department store, there are wayyy better foundations for photography and etc than this. This isnt even essentially a "BB Cream" more like a foundation. I would'nt repurchase again because it is pricey and there are better foundations out there.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No