Giorgio Armani Maestro Eraser Concealer

3.9

This is a great concealer but the packaging leaves much to be desired. Shade 2 fits my fair cool toned skin perfectly. Coverage is buildable and looks very natural on. It doesn't settle in fine lines. Formula is very thin so you have to be careful about the product leaking or too much coming out at once.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Very lightweight and natural looking, but doesn't provide good coverage for dark circles. The product has a liquid and very thin texture, which is why it blends very easily on the under eye area. You don't need any tools for application as you can tap the concealer with fingers. I love the naturalness of the finish, since I look like I'm not wearing any concealer. The finish is also slightly radiant, the concealer makes my eyes look more bright. This concealer doesn't crease at all, which is a big plus.

The downside is that the result is way too sheer to cover any darkness. I have some darkness under my eyes, nothing major, but this concealer leaves my under eye area looking somewhat purple. In my opinion, if you have some darkness to hide, you need to use a separate corrector with this concealer. GA Master Corrector might work, but I find it too time consuming to use another product in early work mornings. I also think that a product of this price range should do the job in its own. The staying power is average, around 6-7 hours. The concealer isn't very versatile as it's too sheer to cover any blemishes or imperfections. However, this isn't really a flaw since the product is meant only for the under eye area.

I wouldn't buy Maestro Eraser again, but this might be a great option for someone who has little to hide and hates heavy concealers.

The high precision retouch is a much better concealer than this. This is thin but provides little coverage but it slips around way too much. The colours are no good unless you are a perfect match and the high precision retouch due to its reflective particles is a more flexible product. This just looks unatural and never dries so if you wear specs, this is a no-no. The tube leaks like crazy as well. If you want something that covers dark circles well, i like the EL double stay concealer or Revlon colour stay concealer, all both miles ahead of this. I recommend you try this a few times since its expensive as well.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I wanted to like this product. It does a very good job at concealing undereye dark circles w/o settling into fine lines. You have to trust a liquid that dark when squeezed from the tube will actually lighten enough to cover dark circles. It does not crease when used correctly. However, I happen to like the highlighter-type concealer over the Armani type, and I currently use By Terry Touche Veloutee which I really like. Plus Armani is owned by Loreal, which tests their products on animals, and that is a big reason why I won't purchase their products. Sorry, Armani.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Oh for the love of....this tube is a mess! Let's be clear: Armani is owned by L'Oreal and when I line this up with less expensive Concealers...I'm not seeing the $20-30 difference.

I like a liquidy concealer. I need a liquidy concealer because anything else just moves right into my fine lines even when it is a three inches away.

The shade (2) is okay. The texture is sheer and I cringe when women say, "well, it's not for blemishes or it's not for under eye."

Concealer is simply pigment in an emulsifier. It is not a magic potion. The label is meaningless. Use it wherever you want to use it.

It's just a meh for me. I don't have to worry, though. It won't be around for long - it will have run out of the top within a couple of weeks.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I am not a person to wear undereye concealers because they all get cakey and mucky on me after a few hours making it really obvious that i'm wearing makeup and making me look older. This however, was given to me as a present, and I have to say that this is THE BEST concealer out there in the market. It covers my dark circles beautifully and brightens my whole eye area wonderfully. It doesn't cake and applying this is a breeze (swipe on the spots i need concealing and then dab with fingers). I also do not need to apply powder on top to set it because it just looks like skin but better and lasts all day on me. The colour #1 is the perfect shade for my NC15/GA Luminous Silk #3/NARS Gobi skintone. I am in love with this!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I hate the packaging! You have to store it upside down. This is probably the lightest texture in a concealer I'd ever experienced. Its nice because it feel like you are wearing nothing. The coverage is surprising! I would say light - medium but I look noticeably less awful! It has a luminous finish but it does dry down (unlike tarte or stila). This is fantastic despite the packaging. I will keep using and buying this because its so good that I'll deal with the silly tube.

Coverage: Light to Medium (you can layer this really well)
Texture: Light, REALLY liquidy
Crease: No
Drying: No

This is a great product with really awful packaging. I love how lightweight, yet pigmented this concealer/brightener is, a little really goes a long way. It blends perfectly into the skin and looks completely natural. However, the big downside is the the fact that the product drips right out of the tube and gets kind of messy. I still love it though, would recommend!!

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

After about 12 years, I guess I'm breaking up with my YSL Touche Èclat. This under eye concealer works so well. I'm pretty familiar with GA products and also like the eyeshadow quad, liquid sheer, spot concealer, and mascara. So you could say I'm already a fan of this line. As with all of the other products, the texture and finish of this under eye concealer is flawless. It's a little runny out of the tube so I always make sure to hold the tube upright when I open it. I put a little dab (tiny, really) on the back of my hand and apply it to my under eye area (and a little to the pigmented spot between my eyes and my nose) with my pinky finger or ring finger. I tried using a concealer brush the first time, and it went on too heavily. This product is very layerable, even though it's so thin.

I'm of South Asian descent with warm, olive skin with a gold undertone. I would say that I'm on the lighter end of the "olive spectrum." But, through genetics and occasional late nights, my undereye area is quite pigmented no matter how much TLC I give myself. Unfortunately, now that I'm in my 30s, the area has become a bit darker. That's just life, I guess. What surprised me most about using this concealer was how much lighter my actual skintone is -- it's weird, but when I cover up the dark spots, I'm amazed by how much more "fair" my complexion looks in general. I guess I never realized that I had such dark undereye circles until I got a concealer that worked so well. Also, it lasts all night.

This stuff is expensive - I actually got it for my engagement party - but it's so easy to use that I'm just going to keep it for everyday. Recommended.

** Oh, and I have it in #4.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

I was madly in love with this when I first got it, I have it in shade 2. I'm not sure what other people mean about the wasteful packaging, I don't have that problem. However, my 13 year old daughter who knows everything about makeup ;-) has pointed out that rather than concealing my dark circles I've managed to turn them orange instead. I'm pretty sure she didn't mean that as a compliment so I started looking at other products! I have found something else I like much better, so my little love affair with this product is over.

Top Rated Giorgio Armani Products