April 19, 2014 | 1265 users online

Sunscreen - Badger - Damascus Rose Face Sunscreen SPF 16

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2013 9:13:00 AM More reviews by wonderbuy

As much as I had wanted to love this, this is still too heavy for my normal skin. Best wore alone and when layered with serum, it just made everything slide around too much. The formula is great, smells great, absorbs immediately with no residue but just felt like a layer too much on my skin. I would say great for the body and great for dry skins. I also did not like the pump since it stopped working after the first week, its not economical and leaves about 25% inaccessible at the end; a squeeze tube would make a world of difference.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2013 9:52:00 PM More reviews by luineumaiel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pros
- Great packaging that dispenses just the amount of product you need.
- Goes on extremely smooth without leaving a white cast
- Mattifying yet doesn't dry your skin out (I have dry/combination skin)
- Does irritate sensitive skin. The Zinc Oxide in the product has really helped in calming down my acne and drying it out.

Cons
- The smell takes some getting used to, but if you don't mind it, it wears out in about 30 minutes. I hope Badger does something about it.

SPF 16 blocks out 93% of the suns rays. I feel this is good enough for those who spend most of their day in an office environment like I do.

--EDIT--
Been 1 year since I started using it. Would have been HG status had it not solidified in the bottle. And I live in country that experiences tropical climate (30 deg cel +) all round the year. :|

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2013 9:36:00 PM More reviews by Marenita

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I couldn't agree more with the other reviewers, this sunscreen is the BEST one I have ever tried, and I tried a lot! Every chemical one made me break out or caused irritation on my super sensitive, dehydrated face and this one never does. Most importantly, after having tried mineral make up, Marie Veronique, Real Purity, Kimberly Sayer ( loved that one for years until they added benzyl alcohol as a preservative--dermatitis ensued and red, itchy bumps ensued) and what not, I found that every other sunscreen messed with the lipid layer of the skin and eventually made for dry, rough skin. Well, not this one, I wear a light Raspberry oil underneath as have extremely sensitive skin and for once, it keeps skin moist, dewy as other reviewers have reported and doesn't break one out. Have I mentioned that I love, love, love the scent? Well, I do, it's just gorgeous as is the bottle, good for mother Earth plus looks elegant and classy. Another thing I really appreciated was the excellent, transparent information on Badger's website with videos and charts about zinc and other minerals, explaining in detail why their zinc used in this formulation is of the highest quality. Many other companies don't even declare the zinc content, whether it's nano, micronized, coated or uncoated and one wastes precious time write to them to get the most basic information. This is just fabulous all around and I will definitely repurchase!

Update: fast forward a few weeks and as much as I love, love, love the scent, gorgeous bottle and Badger in general, accentuated pores and didn't protect of the sun enough, going back, I burned easily a few times and had to constantly reapply. Back to Kimberley Sayer's SPF 25 I have used for years and years, if I wear a moisturizing serum underneath, doesn't irritate. I wanted something with just zinc oxide but must say the KS one lasts all day without reapplication in scorching sun and never makes my sensitive skin burn, despite preferring rose smell to lavender.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2013 9:10:00 PM More reviews by chrishy74

EDIT: I stopped using it as it seemed to clog my pores. Boo.
***************************
Love this stuff! Its very light, and I am surprized at how great this is! I thought OK this is good - but assumed in a few hours I would get all greasy or it would migrate my make-up but it didn't! It feels like a lighter moisturizer and did not feel 'sunscreen like' at all. Zinc also won't break down like all those chemical sunscreens so I can go out at lunch and not worry about reapplying (although it says I should - I think that is a standard blurb) And for those who are concerned with the low SPF rating. Some food for thought -

SPF 2 blocks 50%
SPF 15 blocks 93%
SPF 30 blocks 97%
SPF 50 blocks 98%
SPF 70 blocks 98.6%
SPF 90 blocks 98.9%

ref: http://www.myhealthbeijing.com/children/is-your-sunscreen-spf-50-dont-waste-your-money/

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2013 2:59:00 AM More reviews by Cas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This gives me a nice dewy finish - I use two pumps and apply generously on my face, and it feels like I've got on a nice rich moisturiser, not like the typical tacky feeling of a sunscreen product. It has a relatively low percentage of zinc oxide and SPF level, but the light texture means I can apply this liberally and get the full range of protection this product offers, which is a fair trade-off to me. No point in buying a SPF50 product and using it only on some days because of the oily texture and smell (Avene mineral sunscreen, I'm looking at you) and only applying teeny goops and getting maybe 25% of the actual protection, or less. I even applied this sunscreen all over my eyelids and undereye and there was no stinging or tearing whatsoever.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2012 10:48:00 PM More reviews by Mielahh

The most perfect sunscreen I have ever tried. Previously, I had such poor luck with sunscreen that I had stopped using it altogether. I do not like to use chemical sunscreen, and the natural ones that I have tried tend to be too greasy and heavy.
Badger Damascus Rose is flawless. Goes on like velvet, no white residue, no greasiness, doesn't make me break out. It layers well, and I've also mixed it with my liquid foundation to create a DIY tinted moisturizer. It is really more than a sunscreen, it's a great moisturizer. The first two ingredients are aloe vera and extra virgin olive oil. The packaging is adorable as well, I love that it comes in a high quality glass bottle with a pump so you always get the right amount.
Best natural sunscreen out there!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2012 12:46:00 PM More reviews by shannonannagins

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Update: Over time, this dried out my skin slightly and gave me some flaky patches. It's not a bad sunscreen, in fact it's very good. Just not amazing. Keep in mind that my skin has been damaged by chemical peels, and so is very sensitive to many ordinary ingredients that are fine for most people. I'm currently trying out Pratima Rose Sunscreen, which seems to be working better for me and has a higher SPF (30).

Original Review: This is HG for me. It's the first facial sunscreen I've been able to use in years. I've tried everything from super clean organic brands (Kabana Green Screen, Aubrey Saving Face) to drugstore brands (L'Oreal, Banana Boat, Coppertone, Neutrogena, Ocean Potion) to higher end brands (Mac, Clinique, Kiehls, Chanel, La Rosche Posay) and even Japanese brands (Shiseido, Kanebo, Biore). Kabana made me look like a ghost and irritated my skin because of emulsified vege wax, Aubrey made me look like I'd rubbed butter on my face. The drugstore brands all caused reactions for me because of the Avobenzone, to which I'm allergic. Mac made me break out, as did Kiehls and Clinique. Chanel and La Rosche Posay gave me blackheads and blocked pores. The Japanese brands were the best bet for me, although I often found my skin felt itchy, probably because of either fragrance or alcohol content.

So basically, I had very low expectation for this sunscreen and I am so glad to say I was wrong. Because it's a lower SPF, it doesn't leave me white at all. It applies white, but immediately blends in to a dewy but NOT greasy finish. I have not experienced any clogged pores, very minimal blackheads, if any. NO irritation, at all. And it smells lovely! It contains rose otto, which is steam distilled rose oil, a really great skin care ingredient. Also, contains antioxidants and plant oils, which are great for dry, oily, and sensitive skin.

The price is steep ($16 for a little less than an ounce) but it will last a while. I apply in the morning (two pumps), then again around noon if I'm going to be outside during the afternoon. I've had it two weeks and have barely made a dent in the bottle.

The best thing about this is that it's Zinc Oxide, which means it's not only going to prevent you from burning, but from cellular damage, as well. This will effectively screen you from UVA damage, which causes skin aging and cancer.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No