December 18, 2014 | 1847 users online

Concealers - Desert Essence - Blemish Touch Stick Concealer

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2013 2:19:00 PM More reviews by graciegracie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Like the reviewer below, I picked this up in a local health food store while on vacation. I've had bad skin for 15 years and have never found a concealer or foundation that I've really liked. Considering that I've bought mostly high-end brands, it's funny that I'd end up loving a product worth under $10!

I use this as both foundation and concealer, and the coverage and application is great. I have really sensitive/combo skin, and foundations usually make my skin flake off when applying, or just feel uncomfortable. This just kind of glides on without a problem and feels light-weight, but also covers blemishes. The color "Light" fits me perfectly; I have ivory skin with pink undertones (i.e. cool-toned skin. They only offer 3 color choices, so I lucked out.)

I'm very happy with the ingredients. I wish it didn't include Titanium or iron oxides, but it's virtually impossible to find makeup that doesn't include them. Overall, I love this product!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2012 11:56:00 PM More reviews by mo98103

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Desperate for some way to deal with a rouge zit while traveling, I walked 2 miles to the health food store nearest to my hotel. I almost never have an issue with acne, despite my oily skin and I had nothing to kill it. After about half and hour touching every single thing that had "blemish" or "acne" on the package, and every single concealer they had to offer, I found this gem. It was $9.99, the color "Light" is a great match for my skin, and the coverage is natural but build-able and can provide great camouflage. Tea tree does very little for me when it comes to blemishes, so I can't say if this helps a lot with the inflammation or healing, but I was just looking for something to cover the thing while my old standby, Nelson's Homeopathic Acne Gel, took care of that. The reason I settled on this is because I thought it could be diluted and used as a tinted moisturizer, and since it's designed to treat blemishes, it has no pore clogging ingredients (at least for me). I can use this on and around my nose (where I have some redness), and then I can use a finishing powder instead of my usual mineral foundation. Highly recommended and easy to find, I will continue to use this as needed.