September 18, 2014 | 1566 users online

Powder - Honeybee Gardens - Pressed Mineral Powder Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2014 More reviews by DJCupcakes

This is a nice pressed powder foundation. I like that you buy the product/pan separately from the compact. It does make the foundation a bit more expensive to purchase the first time around, but it saves money in the long run and cuts down on waste. (Also, the little bee on the compact is just charming.) You can buy samples cheaply from Honeybee Gardens's website ($0.50 each). The samples will come as a loose powder, however; not pressed. Each sample baggie will last for 3-5 applications, depending on how much you apply.

I have this in the color "Geisha," which is the lightest shade they have. I'm very fair and neutral-toned. This is a pretty good color match for me; it could stand to be a bit less pink but it's definitely workable. I think there are only 5 shades total, so they could do with a bit more color variety.

If you don't need lots of coverage, this works fine as a stand-alone product. I would say it has light to medium coverage that is somewhat buildable. If you need heavier coverage, it's best to pre-conceal problem areas first or use it over a liquid foundation. It won't give you a perfect, airbrushed-looking face, but it conceals redness and mild/moderate discoloration quite well. The finish is matte.

It applies very smoothly; no chalkiness at all. I think normal to slightly oily skins would be very happy with this. Drier skin might find it too drying unless they sufficiently moisturized beforehand. Very oily skins will want to set this with a fixing powder. (My skin is combination to oily. On days when I won't need my makeup to last too long, I can use it by itself, but if I want all-day wear, I set it with a silica powder.) It applies well with either a dense powder brush (I've used both a flat-top and a kabuki) or a flocked sponge. The sponge included in the compact is alright in a pinch, but it's very small and quite inflexible, so it's not ideal.

The one con I have to point out about this is that it does have a bit of a tendency to emphasize fine lines. I'm 25 and have minimal lines. From a slight distance, my skin looks great with this on, but up close, the fine lines under my eyes and next to my mouth are emphasized. A good primer would probably help this, but I don't wear primer.

This doesn't give me perfect, flawless skin, but it's a nice, solid powder foundation. The convenience really can't be beat and it's my go-to for days when I am just trying to throw something on my face to look a little better but can't be bothered with a long routine. It's rare for me to find an affordable, cruelty-free, *pressed* powder foundation in a decent color match, so I will definitely keep it around in my makeup kit from now on.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2014 11:40:00 PM More reviews by Monseter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I wasn't completely sure about this when I first purchased but it's totally grown on me. I bought it in the color "malibu" off iherb (I'm a MAC NC40/42). It doesn't break me out and it provides a little extra coverage when using my kiehls bb cream. It's very light-weight and provides decent coverage on it's own for people with minimal skin issues. Personally, I have a wrecked grill so I can't get away with wearing it alone but I definitely recommend. The oil control is amazing for those with combination skin.

My skin is extremely DRY at the moment and this didn't make my dry patches stand out.

I recommend it for sure, it's a great powder that's under 10 bucks!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2013 4:08:00 PM More reviews by Suzy100

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Was tired of paying a lot for Bare Minerals. Tried a good number brands of mineral makeup and finally found Honeybee Gardens powder which I purchased in the supernatural shade. No talc or parabens and vegan. Absolutely love it. It does not settle into wrinkles as did Bare Minerals. No matter what one puts on one's face, one will have wrinkles, but this is much, much better than Bare Minerals that really settled big time into wrinkles.The shade is just perfect for me. The only drawback is that one has to order it online since it is not sold in many brick and mortar stores in my area. I definitely would repurchase. Really love it!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/23/2013 2:42:00 AM More reviews by rodenbach

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this in Geisha. At first it looked alright, but after an hour it took on a grayish hue. I recoiled when I saw myself in the mirror. Plus my face looked oily. Very disappointing.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/30/2013 9:45:00 AM More reviews by midnightgardener

This powder is terrible. Very shimmery/shiny and accentuated every pore. I emailed to see if they had any application tips and never received a response.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2013 1:27:00 AM More reviews by ed8888

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Amazing stuff at an amazing price. I've tried all kinds of minerals - loose and pressed, and always like the idea of loose for portability. After reading reviews all over, mostly positive, I purchased the Supernatural (light neutral) and the Luminous (med neutral) with the compact, all items around $7-8 each on the Swanson health website. I am probably a NC30 or so, Asian toned skin but with a tiny bit of olive. Got the powders and have only yet tried the lighter one, which seems just right for winter toned skin. It applies smoothly and evenly with a brush, the color not noticeable but seems to cover nicely (I use a tinted moisturizer underneath everything). I'm impressed!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2012 7:48:00 PM More reviews by Missy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Talc-free, paraben-free and fragrance-free! I tried to find as many reviews as possible before ordering this. In the end, I just decided to take a chance. It's a great price. Retail is only about $10. but you can get it even cheaper at Vitacost, plus they always have coupons and such. Geisha matches me perfectly. I'm very fair and a bit pink. This has a bit of warmth to it without making me look yellow and the coverage is phenomenal. I use a kabuki to apply lightly and I don't need a separate concealer. The finish is nice and light and doesn't look cakey or powdery. It's very buildable coverage and It stays natural-looking all day long. Sometimes it even looks better by the end of the day. LOL The bad part? It makes me break out a little. Not horribly, but enough to make me leery of using it every day.

Ingredients: Mica, Kaolin, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Magnesium Carbonate, Zinc Stearate, Boron Nitride, Squalane, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Potassium Sorbate, Chlorphenesin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499)