Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Foundation

3.9

Water, Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Polysilicone-11, Butylene Glycol, Isononyl Isononanoate, Silica Dimethicone Silylate, Dimer Dilinoleyl Dimer Dilinoleate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Glycerin, Isododecane, Sodium Chloride, Methicone, Glyceryl Caprylate, Calcium Carbonate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Trihydroxystearin, Potassium Sorbate, Methylpropanediol, Caprylhydroxamic Acid, Disodium Edta, Peg/Ppg-18/18 Dimethicone. May Contain (+/-):CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77492 (Iron Oxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxide), CI 77499 (Iron Oxide).

on 6/29/2015 7:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have extremely pale, oily skin. I also have acne scars.. this foundation did cover the acne scars but it feels like a paste that hardens. not the biggest fan, but if I need extreme coverage I use this.

The shade that lady at sephora recommended me was light 44 (WAY TO DARK FOR ME)
I look like I have a bad spray tan only on my face.

If you need heavy coverage than I recommend this foundation, but make sure you put this on your skin in store before you purchase.

on 6/29/2015 3:51:00 PM

This product has amazing coverage but I have very oily skin and EVEN with a good setting powder ( I use NYX ) it doesn't stay pretty and set for long on me. If you're looking for great coverage, this is for you. It is highly pigmented. If it had more staying power (as it claims to be 24 hour makeup) then I would've given it a better rating.
The price isn't too steep and it's overall a good product. But I think I will stick to my MAC Pro Long wear.

This is a really full coverage matte foundation, and I mean REALLY full coverage. Sometimes I forget I have acne marks or freckles when I wear this foundation. I brought it for $80NZD off of Ebay, as Kat Von D isn't exactly a common brand here in New Zealand. When applied with a beauty blender or flat top face brush it doesn't feel heavy or cakey. The first time I applied this foundation I used my fingers and hated the result but have since perfected my technique. Great foundation if you can handle the obvious make up look.

on 6/27/2015 8:53:00 PM

Okay here is the truth and honest review of this foundation. Yes, this foundation is the biggest rave right now. People absolutely are obsessed with it and others hate it so much. I bought this in Light45. They matched me pretty well! The packaging is awesome too I love it. Anyways this is a very thick, full coverage foundation. That being said, it does not feel thick on the face at all which is amazing. When I first tried it I've noticed it did look cakey, the way I applied it (using my bareminerals smoothing brush). I hated it and I was just about to take it back and try a different product. Well I've done my research and decided to give it another try!!! This foundation is absolutely stunning if you know what you are doing! It is best to apply with a beauty blender and/or a flat foundation brush. Use your fingers to dot the foundation all over then buff it with your sponge. For more coverage use a light layer with the flat brush and walaaaa!! You have that flawless powerless look everyone dies for. People give this product a thumbs down BC of how they applied it!!! Any product can make you look cakey without the correct application! Give this product a try and find the way the application works for you!! It's beautiful and has a matte finish. And wow it's just stunning I love this. It covers up EVERYTHING. If you are not into a full coverage foundation this isn't for you. :)

I have wanted to try this for ages and have seen samples being sold on ebay but the prices they are asking for 1ml is a rip off! I went on to Rose's beauty store and bought a sample on there for £1.45. I suffer with hot sweats so wanted something that would last and not slide off my face after 10 minutes. However for the price this foundation is absolute rubbish!! It did not cover very well and made my skin look dull. It did not last very well either. I use Max Factor face finity and that is pretty good, not perfect but I would rather pay £12.99 than £35.50 for Kat von D which in my opinion is worse than a lot of the cheap foundations. You are obviously just paying for the name.

on 6/24/2015 8:43:00 PM

I used M52 in this foundation, coverage was amazing but the foundation would emphasize my spots, which I didn't like. I would use a small amount and it would cover my entire face. Long lasting = yes! Would I repurchase? No. Only because of how it would emphasize my dry spots. I'm sure I can find a drugstore foundation that can get the job done.

on 6/24/2015 4:09:00 PM

I brought this in medium shade 53 which is a very yellow tone - too yellow for my olive skin. However I ordered some samples from roses beauty store and the shade 52 was too peachy and the 54 was a neutral tone. Strangly enough the sample pots, when the product settled, were better then in the bottle. Went patchy on my skin and bits came off x

on 6/22/2015 1:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I got a sample of this from Sephora and in the beginning I was kinda iffy. I only tried it because my friend bought it and she said I could get a free sample. Free was that key word. This has become my favorite foundation. Yes it is thick, yes you will have to know what you're doing, and yes you have to be very light handed with this. I use my same primer, concealer and moisturizer and it all works great together. Every single time I have worn this foundation I have gotten several compliments on how flawless my makeup is. So I will give this 2 thumbs up and will difinitely recommend this to others!!

on 6/21/2015 8:06:00 PM

This was NOT my foundation, but that doesn't mean it won't work for you! We all have different skin types. However as I have oily, acne prone skin it takes a lot of maintanaince to keep a healthy glow and flawless complexion. I need a buildable foundation that covers red marks and any discoloration. Now, this did just that BUT I made the mistake of using a primer underneath this because it is heavy and drys quickly. It was hard to blend and I'm a blending freak!!!! Since this foundation was so heavy I felt my pores feeling clogged and wanted to get it off my face after 6 or 7 hours. I use her eye primer and eye liner and LOVE LOVE them so much. This just wanted for me and my type of skin.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I received a generous sample of this from Sephora in shade 57 i agree with the sales girl that the golden based shades are limited with that said its about 105 here in Arizona summer and this foundation has help up. I usually wear bobbi brown shade 4.5 becca foundation in olive mac nc40-42ish. If its not golden enough for you I recommend using L.A girl Hd conclears in yellow and green to cut any pink or red tones. I also use ben nye banana powder or bobbi brown golden orange powder to yellow it up a little more. I don't have oily skin i have combo dry but for the summer or if you need a foundation to last all day with full to medium coverage this is a great one!! and you have a drier complexion I do recommend this i will purchase in the fall after my tan has faded a little bit I suspect i might the next yellow based shade down.

Video Reviews & Tutorials