Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Foundation

3.9

Water, Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Polysilicone-11, Butylene Glycol, Isononyl Isononanoate, Silica Dimethicone Silylate, Dimer Dilinoleyl Dimer Dilinoleate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Glycerin, Isododecane, Sodium Chloride, Methicone, Glyceryl Caprylate, Calcium Carbonate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Trihydroxystearin, Potassium Sorbate, Methylpropanediol, Caprylhydroxamic Acid, Disodium Edta, Peg/Ppg-18/18 Dimethicone. May Contain (+/-):CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77492 (Iron Oxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxide), CI 77499 (Iron Oxide).

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

The coverage this foundation gives is amazing. I'm a super oily girl and this foundation really helped control my oil. I also love the fact that its WOC friendly (my color in this foundation is Deep 66). I see many people had problems using a primer and had problems with the application. I experienced none of those issues. I used MAC natural radiance primer underneath and I applied with a damp beauty blender and it worked perfectly. If your interested, go pick up a sample! I swear I sampled this foundation for like 6 months before I bought it. LOL.

on 8/31/2015 4:09:00 PM

I've found my new HG foundation when I'm going for a full coverage look. I love the way this looks. It provides a flawless canvas that lasts all day. It never breaks me out unlike the Revlon photoready, which is the closest foundation I can think of. It smells a little funny, kind of like paint. I'm sure that's something that makes it long lasting as the photoready smells the exact same way. A little goes a long way. The shade range is great for me, a quite pale chick. I'm actually not the palest. I actually picked up "Light 48" which states it's for medium complexions with a beige undertone. I do have a little color right now, but I'm normally lighter than NW15. NW15 would probably be just right actually.
As for negatives, $35.00 is a little pricey for me. My previous HG was Maybelline Dream Matte Cream. So quite a difference. The packaging is a pump that dispenses a nice amount of product, however product does accumulate. I kept the disposable plug cover that came in the box to solve this problem.

love this stuff. i have oily skin in the t zone and normal/dry on my cheeks. This stuff lasts all day and doesnt budge. after about 10 hours of wear some oil might start showing up but not much. the shades are awesome. i like that they have yellow, pink, and neutral options. it IS a thick heavy full coverage foundation. my HG foundation for sure. the bottle is awesome too because you can tell when you are getting low and it pumps the foundation up to the top so you know you're getting every last drop. plus its not messy. and even better? cruelty-free!

on 8/14/2015 10:21:00 PM

Ladies!!! If you have oily skin and love full coverage this is it. I use it with my becca ever matte primer and use a wet beauty blender. Afterwards put some mac powder on some parts of the t zone and finish it off with the Laura mercier translucent powder and it won't budge! 14 hrs later no oil nothing and I don't feel like I wanna rip my face off after awhile. One of my HG foundations for sure!!!

on 8/10/2015 6:13:00 PM

The only thing i like on this foundation is the package i did everything to try not to look cakey I exfoliate i use a good moisturizer i only use one lil pump for all my face but is always the same ... Everytime i use this particular foundation my husband says i have to much make up on ughh the worst

I bought this and tried it a couple of times with and without primer. I moisturize my face. And nothing helps. It looks to dry on my skin. Every pore and wrinkle looks worse with this on. But on a good note it does stay all day.

on 8/5/2015 7:20:00 PM

I have to give this 4 out of 5 because it does exactly what it claims to do. This was the first high end foundation I ever bought, and because it was so good I can never go back to drug store foundations.This is seriously ultimate coverage though it wasn't cakey. It totally hid my under eye circles, blemishes, and dark spots (I am thirty and def have the aging skin of a thirty something who never wore sunscreen in her 20's- uck). I really liked the color; it really suited my skin tone and did match perfectly. The foundation lasted my entire work shift (upscale waitressing at a posh club that gets slammed so I'm usually running my butt off). It sets and dries super fast.
But still, it really is too thick for my personal preferences. I have allergies and when my eyes water the foundation under my eyes runs bad and I get serious streakage and its next to impossible to work with or fix. It also doesn't really have to the glowyness I typically like. I really do just need something a bit more lightweight. I've since moved on to Clinique.

on 8/4/2015 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

So, I got a sample of this at first, and it was enough to use a couple times. I had thought I really liked it so off I went and bought the full size. But, the color I ended up choosing was too pale/yellow, and so I exchanged got 52 which is sooo yellow too! I think they are all VERY yellow undertoned, which would be really good for Asian skin tones or even trying to cover up a super red face!

Anyways, you cant wear anything under this at all! Not even her own primer that is sold beside it, doesnt look good at all. I also tried dr.jart primer, lush moisturizer, smash box primer and mac primer!! All of them looked horrible with it. ( other people have said that too that I read)

Any dry spots on your face, or wrinkles this will cling to like no bodies business. My forehead didnt look good, or the folds around my mouth, and my pores looked wayyy bigger than other foundations ( maybe because I couldnt use a primer with it.) Furthermore, it als seemed to accentuate my very superficial scaring on my cheeks from a recent breakout- when in natural light.

* I think this would be good for people with smooth skin who have really red faces, or smooth skin with perhaps hyper pigmentation but not scarring issues. Also I feel that exfoliation the night before with a heavty duty cream would be the best option to have this go on smoothly the next day, since you cant apply moisturiser under it.

I have only reached for this once! Try Revlon color stay with mac time check lotion! Especally if you have scaring or large pores! I have tried soo many foundation and those two things make for smooth application and even skin!

on 7/28/2015 8:31:00 AM

Really nice coverage. It broke me out and I returned it but I wanna give it a other shot! So I might re purchase it. The staying power is alright, not the best. The coverage is fabulous. I didn't like applying it with a beauty blender because this foundation is too thick for it and makes it go on un even. A stippling brush or your fingers would be the best tool for this. An almost identical dupe for th is is the Rimmel Stay Matte foundation, it has the same thicker mousse like consistency and amazing coverage, also not cakey but it is very heavy. The lasting power I better with the time one though.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Holy Moly Donut shop!!!!
Ok...so this isM THE 2ND time I ve bought this foundation...
The 1st time, I DID NOT like it at all.. but I used my fingers to apply it. I applied WAY to much.
I recently did a return at a JC Penny's Sephora and this was the only real full coverage foundation in the tiny place, so I decided to give it one more try since I needed a full coverage foundation that would stick in heat since I was going to an event outside. I watched some YouTube vids on how to use it and gave it another try....
THIS TIME I was blown away. It stuck to my SUPER SUPER oily skin in 90+ degree Utah summer weather.....I didn't even use a primer because I wanted to limit all the stuff on my face--all I put on was Dermalogica Oil control lotion. I let it sink in then I used a Sephora Mini Mineral Powder multi task brush to stipple it on, then I buffed it onto my face..I used My Too faced Cocoa Powder Foundation to lightly set it...then I misted my face with 2 squirts of Urban Decay Deslick makeup setting spray... it DID feel a bit hot for a minute....but afterwards....WOW!!!!!
THIS FOUNDATION WITHSTOOD heat..I sat all day at a Native American Pow wow (I am native....) I ran home and had to dig around in my closet to find something for my nephew and got sweaty a bit, then I ran back to the pow wow...I blotted my face once, but that was it..
I was AMAZED when I got home....it STILL looked half alright!!!!...it looked surely out did my regular Revlon ColorStay foundation!!!!!
This was today...as soon as I got home, I felt I had to write this Review.....it did last for sure...it does leave a nice canvas for makeup....and the only thing nimble hoping is that it doesn't break me out at all....I have oily skin and I am prone to adult acne...so I AM HOPING that I do not break out!!!! If I find it doesn't break me out....I have found my HG foundation....my search is over!!!!
This stuff is heavy duty!!!. It covered my acne scarring, hyper pigmentation, as well as a scar from an auto pedestrian accident that I have on my face. It does stand up to heat and does not melt off....it is terrific!!!!
If u do not like it---I would definitely look at you tube vids to see how others are applying this foundation and give it one more try.
I actually returned this.....then re purchased because I didn't have a choice, I had an event the next day and I couldn't run all over.. but the difference with application methods was like night and day!!!
I love this stuff!!! I will definitely keep using!!! If it breaks me out, I ll ju st save it for events, but I really hope I can use this EVERY time...It is that good!!! Big ups to you for this foundation Mz. KAT VON D!!!!!!!

Video Reviews & Tutorials