November 26, 2014 | 1862 users online

Fragrances - Ungaro - Fleur de Diva

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2012 3:43:00 PM More reviews by tessture

Almost exclusively lily and jasmine on me, without, thankfully, the indole. Still, it's a big white floral and that's not my thing at all. If it's your thing, this is very pretty and wearable.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/6/2008 8:02:00 AM More reviews by aquasea2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

On me this is feint and boring. I love florals, I wanted florist shop wafts of giddy perfume, I wanted a huge bouquet of lilies and roses and freesias .. nothing. Boring and lacklustre.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2007 10:56:00 AM More reviews by ellizam

Do you ever have a fragrance, an unassuming, even obscure little fragrance, that you love? I love Fleur de Diva.

Why? I'm afraid much of it is purely personal; it smells like a combination of really nice floral bouquets (say the dressing room on opening night, or the room of a very loved, very wealthy patient), non-putrid lily of the valley (which is the enduring note I love and return to), and that comforting laundry scent of egyptian musk.

There is a yard-rose; a light, essential oil kind of rose, not the heavy bulgarian rose. There's an aquatic/green floral - an accord often attributed to waterlily. There is, of course, the background of lily of the valley, and a consistent green note, like leaves. As it dries down, that warm, laundry/soapish egyptian musk emerges.

Fleur de Diva has beautiful, fresh sillage, comforting close to the skin warmth. Every time I put it on I find myself smelling my skin, enjoying the scent. It's light, though the sillage spreads surprisingly, so with a light hand it's a perfect work scent -- inoffensive, fresh, almost like soap, but more like you've just gotten a bouquet of flowers. It's comforting, green, elegant, and the bottle is pretty.

Fleur de Diva can be got for a song online and it's so obscure I don't think you'll run into anyone else wearing it. As celebratory, evening-out, as the bottle and fragrance are, FdD is also workhorse perfume -- innoffensive, pretty, always appropriate, and yet comforting. I realize this isn't blazingly unique, or one of those wild niche perfumes everyone will become a slave to. But as an everyday perfume, a fragrance you pray your co-workers will switch to instead of gallons of Warm Vanilla Sugar or Giorgio, what you reach for when you're tired and your head hurts and you need something comforting and energizing, Fleur de Diva is a real find.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2006 1:27:00 AM More reviews by missamerica32

Well, this is right up my alley being a marine aquatic floral! I just love it, & find it light, soft & inviting. A true girly scent that is sadly not too memorable, but still very nice. I do wish the bottle was not so old lady looking though, or at least that is how I see it. :o(

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2005 5:03:00 PM More reviews by star811

Fleur de Diva is a very light, non-offensive lily of the valley scent. Strangely, it's the only note I get from this (no aquatic or green notes, nothing...) It's not as sharp and heady as Diorissimo. I'm undecided whether or not I should purchase a bottle when I use up my decant.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2005 12:34:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

To me this is a light aquatic floral scent. It smells like a blend of waterlily, water hyacinth and orchid to me. Very light, nice for day wear but does not have a lot of staying power. This is very similar to Yve Rocher's Ming Shu fragrance.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2004 9:50:00 PM More reviews by Caprig

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Although DIVA is my all time favorite fragrance, I was surprised at how much I also liked Fleur de Diva for summertime. Very beautiful mix between floral and spice, this fragrance is another one of my favorite fragrances.

Unfortunately, this fragrance does not last long enough on me, so I have reduced it to 4 lippies. If it lasted a bit longer, I would be completely happy with it.

Ungaro's Diva line is one of the finest lines of fragrance I have ever used. Each has its place, and each takes its place with sophistication and grace.

If only this fragrance were a bit stronger and lasted longer....... continued >>

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2004 7:18:00 AM More reviews by takemyhusbandplz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

EDT REVIEW: This is a green based white floral on my skin. This dries down quickly. White florals have never been my cup of tea as I find them cloying and too matronly. I wouldn't purchase this. On the plus side the ad campaign is colorful and unusual & the flacon is a styled cut glass which is tasteful, but isn't too original.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2003 11:57:00 AM More reviews by jjff

A light fragrance that smells like the wet, cool, elusive aura of dewy pink rosebuds in the garden. I second Amy's observation of an ozonic, marine ovetone. If you like airy florals like Donna Caterina, J. del Pozo Halloween, Pleasures, Aqua di Gio, Une Fleur de Chanel, Flore D'Aubusson, Ming Shu, Paris, etc. then you will enjoy testing Fleur de Diva. It stays clear and fresh on my skin, perfectly pleasant on a warm summer day. The only downside is the fact that Fleur de Diva is somewhat lacking a distinct, unique character.

The listed notes are rose, wisteria, water hyacinth, white waterlily over a heart of lily of the valley, freesia and black currant and a whisper-light base of sandalwood and musk.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2003 12:49:00 AM More reviews by GlamDiva

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I received a generous size sample from perfumebay.com. Fleur de Diva is described as an aromatic floral. What I get from Fleur is a soapy, mixed white floral with a touch of tobacco, leather, and very soft woods! Not at like original Diva which is a heavy and dramatic patchouli chypre. I could however see a regular Diva wearer switching to Fleur in warmer weather. The bottles are very similar in design, both beautiful. Fleur de Diva has both a conteporary and classic feel to it.
I don't get the marine note mentioned elsewhere. Fleur de Diva reminds me somewhat of Estee Lauder Beautiful Sheer, but is richer and more interesting.