October 25, 2014 | 1065 users online

Cleansers - Mario Badescu - Glycolic Foaming Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2014 8:13:00 PM More reviews by CordulaM

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Before I review I have to say I have skin issues, previously major ones, that most products don't help. I'm lucky if they don't make it worse, but I also don't like to spend a lot of money on something that's just ok, and I'll still get pimples and bumps. I have tried *everything* including prescriptions etc. So that said, this is a lot cheaper than other products and also on the more effective side for me. And the value for what you get is great since it's not meant to be used daily. But I just want to put this disclaimer that this -or anything- isn't a miracle product for me. I still have issues and I don't expect them to change over night. But it's good, and I think it's helpful, which is surprising.

I bought this a month ago with the Enzyme Cleansing Gel. I totally understand why this says to use only a few times a week, at least for my type of skin which is sensitive yet clog prone. I could not use it as my all around, AM/PM cleanser. But I'm super glad I got it along with the Enzyme as I feel the enzyme alone needs a little push.

I use this a lot less often than the enzyme gel. I use this after wearing makeup since the enzyme doesn't take off makeup at all. I tried using this every night (even days I didn't wear makeup) and it wasn't good for me, I got pimples from over drying. I use the enzyme in the mornings and most nights as well. (PS I love that one, but it certainly doesn't stop my acne problems and like I mentioned, is completely ineffective at taking off makeup). I sometimes use this with the spin brush for a deeper cleaning. This cleanser makes my face a little tighter and shinier but it feels like it's helping with the bumps and acne, at least very slowly which is how most things should be.

It doesn't have a smell that I particularly notice, but I love the packaging and ingredients. My only stupid complaint is that I'm so used to using the enzyme that when I squeeze this out, I pour too much since this is much thinner. But I just have to teach myself.

I haven't noticed a reaction that I can attribute directly to this. I'm trying to trim down my routine to just a few simple steps and also not mess with my skin as much to be sure. If it continues to help I will continue to purchase it.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2014 10:51:00 AM More reviews by tams32386

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like Mario Badescu products, and the first one I tried was this cleanser, which made me want to try the rest. I've used the MD forte glycolic cleanser before, and wasn't impressed. That was more greasy and didn't do much for my skin. THIS MB glycolic cleanser makes my skin feel super clean and rejuvenated after use. I really like the fact that it's a foaming cleanser-makes a little go a long way. I also really like the price,15 bucks! I've been using it a little over a a month now and still have like 80% of the bottle left. I don't recommend using it everyday or for cleaning off makeup. I use it maybe 3 times a week, usually in the mornings, or after the gym. I wouldn't say it has improved my acne or anything, but it hasn't harmed or caused anymore either. It definitely improves the texture and overall feel of my skin though. Gycolic is essential for facial skin health, and I will continue to buy this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2014 1:19:00 PM More reviews by lregidor

This product has been in my skincare routine for years! I use it a few times a week and it leaves my skin feeling refreshed. I also noticed it diminishes skin discolorations and give my face a healthy, even glow.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2014 4:06:00 PM More reviews by Crystaal22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

First of all I love this wash!! So far... I have been using this for about a month now and I feel that it has cleared up about 90% of my breakouts. I have very oily skin or should I say I now have normal oily skin :D Since using this product I do not produce as much oil as I used to which is a huge plus because all the oil used to clog my pores. The only pimples I currently have are literally underneath my hairline on my forehead but that is probably because my bangs touch there and I touch them a lot. The three pimples that are there are the first pimples I have gotten in 3 weeks and it is probably because its almost shark week for me. The bottle says to only use this twice a week which I did the first week but I was just like ok my face can tolerate this and now I use it every night and use Aquanil which is a super gentle non- comedigenic face wash in the mornings. It dries out my skin a little but not to the point where my oil free moisturizer cannot alleviate. I also use MB drying lotion which I found very helpful around shark week. I did have a semi large breakout after my first 2 weeks of using it but I figured it was because it was removing all of the junk from my pores and it was just bringing everything to the surface instead of being buried under all my dead skin cells. After that break out I was clear up until shark week but again I only have 3 and they're small and hidden so I am happy. All in all I do love this product and hope that it continues working for me. One last thing for anyone who is reading this and is going through a tough time with they're acne and self esteem, please do not let acne control your life and keep you inside and afraid of showing your face to the world. I let acne do just those things to me for a long time and it took a long time to overcome my issues with having acne on my face. That is why in my review I am so happy to only have 3 pimples as some girls would freak out. Beauty is on the inside and a girl that can go out and rock her pimple with no makeup and still feel beautiful is a strong women. Your in control not acne!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2014 2:59:00 AM More reviews by laurenmoody

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great face wash! I have very acne prone and oily skin, with acne scarring as well. This wash is a good chemical exfoiliator, as mechanical exfoiliators are not good for acne prone skin (irritating, and eventually will exarcerbate acne) I actually love Mario Badescu's full ine of products. This is one out of 3 face washes I have by him, along with tons of other masks, and acne products. He has a great line for people who like products without tons of ingredients, and materials that are more natural. This product does help even out your skin tone, and as an African American woman who struggles with bad acne scarring, I can say this is my favorite MB product!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2014 1:33:00 PM More reviews by lawlady88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my nightly cleanser and I really like it. It does seem to keep my breakouts under control and I can tell a difference if I've skipped using it. The price is a tad high for a cleanser, IMO, but I'm happy with it. I may try other MB cleansers next time as Retin A & clindimycin has cleared up many of the skin complaints I had when I bought this. I wouldn't hesitate to come back to it though.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2014 11:07:00 AM More reviews by blondebeaute

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product keeps my skin looking and feeling soft and healthy.
This is a HARSH cleanser, definitely not recommended for everyday!
I have a very active lifestyle, work and exercise consuming the majority of my time. And living in the FL heat, makeup and sweat tend to get trapped in my pores, but this keeps it looking great!

Of the two MB cleansers I own, this one is a top favorite. I wear medium-heavy coverage makeup almost everyday, and I typically need some kind of exfoliation at least 2-3 times a week that isn't too harsh. I got this product many months ago, and have used it many times. Since then, I have still managed to have an almost complete bottle. A little of this goes a long way. I use this cleanser two different ways depending on my levels of laziness... 1. Just washing my face. I apply a few drops of product onto my hands and lather it onto my face, while rubbing it in with circular motions for about 5 minutes, and then wash it off. I feel like this is an effective way for just gentle exfoliation. If I feel exciting and less lazy, I will put out my spinbrush and give it a go. Sometimes I have even gone on for 20 minutes with just massaging the product into my face with the brush, and afterwards it feels amazing.
I've mixed in a bit of silver powder with this and put it on the spin brush and let it sit for 5-10 minutes once massaged into the skin, and the results were great.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2014 11:41:00 PM More reviews by hmhanke89

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've given this about a month and a half of regular use and the verdict is in- I love it! I can't help but notice how glowy and even-toned my face is without makeup after every shower. I use this every other night with my wannabe-Clarisonic Olay cleansing brush and I am loving the results. I have very oily skin so it can handle this 3-4 times a week without any dryness issues, but people with drier skin should probably stick to the recommended 1-2 times a week. Foams great, removes makeup, and leaves my face freshly exfoliated and glowing. This is my new HG deep cleanser!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2014 7:17:00 PM More reviews by Jennajenkins

I really like this product. I think it has cut down on the number of break outs that I would normally have, as well as blackheads. It does a great job at removing dirt, oil, and even make up! It doesn't dry my out like some other reviewers say. I've even been using it as my daily cleanser with my clairsonic. The only reason I didn't give it five lippies is because it hasn't completely banished my break outs and blackheads. But then again, that's probably unrealistic for a cleanser alone.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/24/2014 3:15:00 PM More reviews by labesitos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought it at Ulta. I explained to the lady that I wanted a good cleanser. I have oily, acne prone, sensitive skin and she recommend this one to me. I only used it for about three days because I didn' t feel like it was cleaning my face. I returned it.