November 24, 2014 | 1984 users online

Lipstick - Tarte - Glamazon Pure Performance 12 hour lipstick

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2014 9:19:00 AM More reviews by julia19ae

Unique but ugly-ish casing imo. Not a lot of lipstick- about as much as you would get from a regular MAC. I got in in Inspired. The color goes nicely on my reddish skin tone. Formula is pretty nice. Finish is like a MAC satin w/ maybe a bit more cream. I might buy a backup, or I could just go to MAC. It's a nice lipstick.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2014 12:44:00 PM More reviews by camerae

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have Tarte Glamazon in Wild, and this is my HG bold red lip color. I bought this at Sephora at the recommendation of a salesperson there, and I wish I could go back and thank her. If I apply this lipstick with a lip brush and use a lip primer, I can get 6-8 hours of wear out of this color, even through eating and drinking, without fading or feathering. I do not use a lip liner. The thing that makes this a stand-out product for me is the color and the wear time, the color is just absolutely to die for. Not too dark, not too orange, just perfect bright blueish red that makes your teeth look white! However there are a few cons - this is a really drying lipstick, I put up with it because of the wear time and perfect color and just layer some lip balm over my primer and under the lip color, and also the packaging - I'm not a huge fan of the wooden tube look but it does stay closed. Like I said, my HG product for the perfect color and awesome wear time.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2014 12:48:00 PM More reviews by snowshoe73

I have this in Foxy, a bright but warmish pink. This is not a color for those wanting a natural look, not at all. It's loud and bold! It's an opaque, rich formula that feels good on the lips. It'a slso practically bulletproof because the formula is long-wearing as well as somewhat staining to the lips (which may be a plus or a minus for you...it's a plus for me). It required minimal touching up throughout the day,

Foxy can be a lot of color full-on...if you want to take the edge off of any harshness, some gentle blotting helps tremendously. You can also apply the lipstick with a brush to sheer the coverage out a little.

I marked down the packaging because there really is no need for the lipstick container to be so ridiculously long--it's not as though you're getting any more product than a standard lipstick. The price is also a little steep for a lipstick, but there are worse.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2014 12:38:00 PM More reviews by slfalk

This lipstick is the one I can always depend on for the MLBB - I have this in "Pure" which is a neutral but warm-leaning peachy nude - really warms up my face and looks fab with a neutral smoky eye.

As for the 12 hour wear - not so much. The formula is thick but doesn't stick really well - but I just treat it like any lipstick and reapply - but I will say I reapply less often then with regular lipstick.

It can be somewhat drying, especially in winter - I use it in conjuction with Tokyo Milk Dark lip balm - works really well that way.

Love this, will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2014 8:01:00 PM More reviews by skandelouslala

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

First off, I think any 12 hr wear claim should be taken lightly. It *might* stay on 12 hours if in those 12 hours you did not eat or drink, sat in a room and just looked pretty ;) So when a brand says 8... 10... 12 hr wear I just assume it is their way of calling it long wear aka not as creamy so it isn't going to slide off your lips or transfer quite as easily.

I hate the price of this product. Especially when you get considerably less than other brands. Perhaps Tarte's reasoning was, you are going to need to touch up less so you don't need as much. I don't know. The packaging is cute though, I just wish it held more actual product inside.

The color I have, Inspired, is fabulous. It is a midtone mauvey-pink that does that whole MLBB thing. It gives my face an overall finished polished look without being obvious lipstick or gloss.

The formula is nice. It goes on so smoothly for a drier type of lip color and doesn't get cakey as you build up layers. It sets almost instantly to a finish that is somewhere between matte and satin. It doesn't really have any type of sheen yet the finish looks very natural. I also like the the texture you apply it as is the texture it stays. It doesn't suddenly decide to dry down and suck all the remaining moisture out of your lips and turn them into a dry flakey mess. That said, no it is not very moisturizing so prep your lips accordingly... most long wear lipsticks are a bit on the dry side but this is definitely one of the more comfortable ones I have worn.

This formula actually does hold up substantially to eating and drinking. It will transfer to the mouth of your bottle/glass/whatever and you are going to lose some pigment, but at least in the case of Inspired I could eat my lunch and drink a full bottle of water and absolutely get away with not retouching the color if I had no other choice. That's pretty awesome. Yes there was fading of the color, most noticably in the center of my lips but everything was still pretty uniform looking and definitely presentable. Of course it will also depend on what you are eating... biting into a big greasy hamburger might yield different results.

Otherwise normal wear yields a few hours of wear before the color starts to break down and badly need reapplication. Hardly 12 hours but could be a whole lot worse. I really do like this product and would like to investigate other shades but I do think the price vs the amount you get is an issue.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2014 8:56:00 AM More reviews by OMGURTEEF

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have this lipstick in the shade "Playful", which is a very pretty muted plum/berry shade. It's dark enough to wear during the colder months, but also bright and...well, playful enough to wear during the Spring and Summer, depending on how you do the rest of your face. For that reason, I love it. Any lipstick that grants that kind of versatility is a win in my book. I can pair this with any eye look - smokey and dark, a thick winged liner, just mascara - whatever. It works with anything. And despite the fact that it's plummy, it's also quite neutral at the same time, so you can play around with a variety of colors around the eye and cheeks.
Texture-wise, I enjoy this lipstick. I don't know that it lasts twelve hours, but it is well long-lasting. It's quite creamy upon application and doesn't tug or drag at all. I don't find it to be drying or moisturizing - it sits in the middle. The finish is creamy rather than matte, with a satiny sheen, which is uncommon for a longwear lip color.
The packaging is cute, but dysfunctional to a fault. I like that it's wood, but the glue holding the metal lining in the lid comes out easily, basically making you have to open the lipstick twice. The twist-up mechanism is stiff and difficult to operate one-handed, which kind of aggravates me. Applying lipstick shouldn't be a two-handed job, kids.
The price is unacceptable. While the product inside the packaging is quite nice, you get much less of it than an average lipstick, despite the misleading size of the tube. An average MAC lipstick comes with 3g of product, whereas this lipstick only clocks in at 2g. Given that you pay $26 USD for this lipstick, it brings it nearly to the point of extortion. Yes, I want to use natural products. Yes, I respect the Tarte name and have often enjoyed a number of their products. But will I repurchase this product despite its highly inflated price tag? That's yet to be seen. I love the lipstick, but I suppose I'll have to see how long it lasts in my collection before I run out of it. If this can't make it past the 3-month mark, then I absolutely will not repurchase.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 12/21/2013 10:26:00 PM More reviews by jdhall89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was so taken by the color of Enlightened that I scooped this up at Ulta today. After wearing it for a few hours, I am considerably less smitten.

The first thing I noticed was the ridiculously small amount of product that you get for $26. While the tube is very large, the actual product weight is 0.07oz, which is about half the typical product size. For that price/oz, I'd rather have a higher-end product.

I was also not impressed by the formula. It goes on tacky and stays tacky, even over a primer (which generally dries down my lipsticks). The wear really isn't bad, but obviously it's not going to last for 12 hours either.

I have a feeling this one will be going back.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2013 12:37:00 PM More reviews by joiseygirl27

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this lipstick. It lasts a few hours on me until I eat (I have never found a lipstick that lasts through a meal). Not sure about it lasting 12 hours because being realistic, who goes that long without eating... While this lipstick isn't transfer proof, I have still found it long lasting despite frequently drinking out of a water bottle while wearing it. The shade selection is great & I have 5/10 of the colors currently offered- : Pure, Inspired, Bold, Playful & Foxy. I also really like the Tarte lipsurgence lip tints & have found the lasting power to be similar.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2013 1:41:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Glamazon does not last any longer on my lips than my usual lipsticks ( Clinique, Smashbox, LORAC etc.). I own this in Inspired which is a pinkish mauve. Formula is not creamy and dries with a tacky feel to it. Dries my lips.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2013 10:03:00 PM More reviews by alina08

I love this lipstick! For a long time, I was hesitant to try this because the thought of a long-wearing lipstick dries out my lips. This actually was a lot more moisturizing than I expected. The formula went on smoothly and it was only after four or five hours that it started to dry a bit. I do not actually believe the claim that this is a 12-hour lipstick because it does not stain the lips, which means that it wipes off over time, but I was still satisfied. I purchased the color Inspired which is a pinky-mauve and complements fair-skinned girls. I was quite impressed with my purchase; this was a definite win!