December 19, 2014 | 1575 users online

Hair Removal - Schick Hydro Silk Razor

rated 1 of 5 on 9/24/2014 3:47:00 AM More reviews by Provacativegirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Schick Hydrosilk Cut me up but good, I never had any problem with Venus Embrace it is the best ever, I don't know what possessed me to buy this, I thought oh, just add water must be really padded like Venus and it will protect my skin. I am returning this right now. I have never had the nicks like I had with this razor it literally cut me up like a Ninja Samurai sword. Never, ever, ever. It was like using a Bic with one blade and no coating at all. Thumbs down on Schick Hydrosilk. I really take good care of my body esp. when shaving, and this left a bunch of hurting cuts I am going to have to wait a good 4 days b4 I can shave again with my beautiful Venus Embrace it is the best!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2014 8:09:00 PM More reviews by HollyWould123

I've used pretty much every razor out there; and was a dedicated Intuition user for years. Recently I've decided they're not doing it for me anymore because of the price and they don't last more than like 3 uses. This razor is great, it shaves very close and is easy to handle-very light. I don't feel like the little strip on it did anything, but it would probably be a little rough without it! I tend to shave very fast and carelessly, and this razor allows for it mostly. I always use shaving cream/gel. With a fresh blade there can be a little burn, but that's the case with a lot of fresh razors and sensitive skin! Definitely try this if you're a fan of the Quattro too!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/1/2013 8:04:00 PM More reviews by mlfpatrick7

This razor does an okay job, but I'm not a huge fan of the gelly shaving bars that the.blades have around them. The gel is sticky and goopy. No thanks!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2013 7:09:00 PM More reviews by Mewables

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm a convert! I used cheap disposable 4-blade razors with lubricating strips before, these are so much better it's totally worth paying more. There's coupons out all the time, i just used one for $6 off any pack refills, scored 5 pack for $8. One cartridge lasts forever, I think I used it for 2 weeks on legs, pits and bikini area (sorry, tmi?). Love the ergonomic handle. I can shave quickly without cutting myself, and even sensitive areas are not irritated after. Of course, I do use shave cream. I can't even feel the blades when shaving, it's so smooth.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2013 9:36:00 AM More reviews by MrMontyBurns

Not bad! Gives a much closer shave than the Intuition, and is much easier to handle as well. The first few uses are the best, but I've found that once the gel part dissipates, if I use a shaving gel with it, the blades are still good for several more uses.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/18/2013 10:13:00 AM More reviews by krisykirk03

This razor is horrible. It never gave me a close shave, and it always left me in pain, blood, or razor burn! I have no idea how there are so many good reviews on this razor. Literally every time I used it, I got either a cut, razor burn, or painful bumps from it. Also the razor doesn't even get a close shave, no matter how many times I tried with this thing I came out with stubble. DO NOT BUY THIS RAZOR!!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/1/2013 7:18:00 PM More reviews by LovelyLizzie242

This razor has to be the worst one I've ever owned. I shave my legs in the shower and with this razor if I go to fast (which is really not even that fast) or if I make one wrong move I cut myself. I have about 10 places on my legs (two that are scars now) from where I've cut myself. Maybe it would work better if I shaved my legs sitting on the side of the tub. I honestly don't know. But once I am finished with my last cartridge I am trashing this razor and going back to my Schick Quatro for Women.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2013 3:56:00 PM More reviews by toucan97

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I received this razor as a free sample and decided to give it shot. I'd previously used Venus Embrace disposables- they were okay. I have sensitive skin that's prone to dryness/itchiness and razor burn. So far, I like the Hydro Silk a lot (at this point I've been using it for about 3 weeks).

Pros:
Close shave
Super moisturizing
Comfy grip
Did I mention super moisturizing?

Cons:
The moisture "beads" on the head run out quickly
Slippery/slides around (making it easy to cut oneself)
Kinda pricey
**Hair grows back quickly and feels more itchy or something. This one might just be me; it's summer and I'm shaving erratically; also, my hair grows quickly.

I use this in conjunction with Aveeno Positively Smooth shave gel (great stuff, by the way) and put on lotion afterwards. My legs are super smooth and ridiculously soft after every shave and it lasts for hours. My skin is no longer dry or itchy, and I have gotten ZERO razor burn from this thing. EVER.
On the downside, I cut myself about every other shave because this razor slides around so much. It's not the kind of cut where you bleed everywhere, just tiny nicks. It doesn't really bother me, personally.
I plan to repurchase and take this to college with me in the fall.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2013 12:20:00 AM More reviews by Piggie8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have the most extreme sensitive skin on my thighs. I get razor bumps every time I shave. It's only developed the past few years and with this razor, I get as close to being bump free as I can get. It's not the closest shave you can get, but I do get a longer lasting shave and also, I'm thinking it just cuts the hair a certain way because it's not as blunt as with as other razors when it grows back. I can get about three shaves out of each cartridge. One of my complaint's about the device is that the cartridges fall off kind of easily. The refills are a little more pricey compared to others, but I'm willing to pay for it. This with my Bikini Zone cream and shaving with hair conditioner and certain ways is the best I've gotten so far.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2013 11:51:00 AM More reviews by LyssC

so far so good with this razor! I actually think I may like it more than my venus embrace razors! No nicks or red bumps at all, and I love the moisturizing strips on it! It also covers a lot of surface area, so less time spent shaving! YAY! My legs stay super smooth.