December 22, 2014 | 877 users online

Sunscreen - MISSHA - All Around Safe Block Essence Sun SPF 45/PA+++

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2014 5:12:00 AM More reviews by e1e

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I got the pink version. It is a good value sunscreen, cost about $10 on eBay.
It is light textured but the finish is still too shiny for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2014 8:07:00 AM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

I have the mild version - SPF 45, white bottle. For years I have been looking for a light formula sunblock with a non-oily finish that doesn't break me out. I think I've finally found it. This is very runny but dries almost instantly to an invisible finish. The best way to apply is as a final skincare step by patting it onto the skin, much like you would an Asian lotion (toner). My skin is spotty right now and because I'm using a retinol cream at night this is a godsend for days I don't want to wear high factor bb cream. I haven't tried it over make-up yet but I think this might be possible too. Even including shipping costs it's very reasonably priced. UPDATE: still love this - I'm on my second bottle and about to order my third. A bottle lasts about three months with daily use, used on face and neck, so it's very good value. No breakouts either and my skin can be sensitive.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2013 11:47:00 PM More reviews by Cactus_Pear

This product is pretty good but not as good as shiseido's urban defense facial ss which is very comparable in texture, finish etc. If it were more readily available in the states and I didn't have to pay so much for shipping I would prefer this as it is cheaper, however it is expensive to obtain from overseas sellers.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2013 1:08:00 AM More reviews by minocchio

I love this product. Usually my skin is sensitive to various brands of sunscreen but this works wonders. It's so light that you don't feel like you're wearing sunscreen at all. It's great for summer here in Aus with the harsh sun because it has a high SPF reading. It doesn't dry up or flake and the smell is bearable.

Overall this is a great way to finish your daily morning skin routine before applying makeup.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2013 9:45:00 PM More reviews by Kimbdee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this sunscreen. It has a light texture that is easily absorbed into the skin so you aren't left with the greasy feeling on your skin. It has a rather strong perfumed scent, which at first I liked, but now I don't like so much. I would prefer something with a by slight scent or no scent at all. I absolutely love the packaging for this sunscreen. It's essentially a squeeze bottle with a small nozzle, but it looks very sophisticated with the rubberised tube, the print, and the shiny silver cap. Originally $19.90 AUD instore but it was 20% off at the time I purchased it.

What really intrigued me about this sunscreen are the plant extracts that claim to provide other benefits along with the SPF protection (this is taken directly from the box):
Extract of aloe and cucumber- it soothes the fatigued skin caused by exterior stress
Extracts of Morris alba and glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice) root- nourishes and moisturises the skin
Extracts of portulaca oleracea and witch hazel- it protects the skin from harmful environment
The list of ingredients also has a lot of other plant extracts not mentioned above.

From my experience of using this daily for the past few months I can't vouch for the first and third claim, but the second claim seems to be alright. Sometimes I use this as a moisturiser on its own, and it works well for my dry skin. Either way I'm a sucker for plant extracts and added benefits so this is fine for me.

Bottom line: a good sunscreen with high level of protection (SPF 45 PA+++) that is easily absorbed and doesn't leave a white cast. However because of the strong perfumed scent I will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2013 7:29:00 PM More reviews by Chloeclover

I don't know if I'd re-purchase this because I can't stand the smell. It has a distinct perfume smell to it. I don't know but it makes me gag. I have a pretty sensitive nose. Other than that I love this sunblock, it is great under makeup and alone.. I bought the waterproof one, maybe it has a different scent than the non-waterproof? Not too sure. But IDK. I bought this on eBay for about $13-15 and it came in the mail in about 2 weeks. I have tried the Kaore Biore version and those smell way better.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2013 1:57:00 AM More reviews by pigwin

Definitely, my HG sunscreen as it has no white cast, dries in 5 minutes to a matte finish, is hydrating enough and relatively cheap.

The only drawback is it is pretty rare here in my country and can only be purchased online. Still, I will surely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2012 10:36:00 PM More reviews by Gossers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have the Safe Block Soft Finish Sun Milk and it is by far the best sunscreen I have ever used. The coverage is high yet it's super light weight and spreads very easily. But the best best part? It dries to a matte texture. There is not a lick of oil ... and that greasy feeling you usually get from sunscreen? Non-existent! HG for sure, I would repurchase no matter what the price is.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2012 6:51:00 AM More reviews by cuteepie

Gosh, this stuff definitely deserves more attention. Holy grail sunscreen. Can't recommend it enough.

1) This sunscreen is ever so LIGHTWEIGHT! It feels as if one is wearing almost nothing on the skin. Absolutely no greasiness, no shine, no stickiness, no nothing. It is oil-free.

2) The rating is SPF 45/PA+++, so it provides broad-spectrum protection. The active ingredients are: ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate (octyl methoxycinnamate), ethylhexyl salicylate (octyl salicylate) phenylbenzimidazole sulfonic acid, diethylamino hydroxybenzoyl hexyl benzoate, (Uvinal A Plus), bis-ethylhexyloxyphenol methoxyphenyl triazine. I also researched the individual active ingredients before I purchased to make sure it provided sufficient UVA protection as well as UVB.

3) This is a hydrating formula. I can definitely feel how hydrated it makes my skin.

4) No white cast at all. Dries completely clear.

5) It is SUCH good value! I bought it for AUD 18 for 50 mL. This is an absolute steal compared to high end sunscreens - AND this is so much better!!!

6) There are some quite interesting natural ingredients in this product, i.e natural plant extracts. If you refer to the ingredients list above, the second half of the list contains these extracts (although being in the second half one wonders whether they are present in a high enough concentration to be effective?)

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2012 4:47:00 PM More reviews by JooYeon

I was pleasantly surprised by this product. It feels so light upon application, no white cast whatsoever. It gives a semi-matte dewy finish. Plus it's so affordable (less than $10 during missha sale), what more can a girl ask for? Definitely a HG product for me ;)