MISSHA All Around Safe Block Essence Sun SPF 45/PA+++

4.4

Water, ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, ethylhexyl salicylate, phenylbenzimidazole sulfonic acid, butylene glycol, diethylamino hydroxybenzoyl hexyl benzoate, methyl methacrylate crosspolymer, C12-15 alkyl benzoate, cetearyl alcohol, bis-ethylhexyloxyphenol methoxyphenyl triazine, glyceryl stearate, cetearyl olivate, sorbitan olivate, sodium hydroxide, dimethicone, polyacrylate-13, PEG-100 stearate, polyisobutene, sorbitan stearate, panthenol, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, sorbitan isostearate, polysorbate 20, morus alba root extract, glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice) root extract, cucumis sativus (cucumber) fruit extract, hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel) water, portulaca oleracea extract, nelumbo nucifera flower extract, rosa davurica bud extract, camelia sinensis leaf extract, chrysanthemum indicum flower extract, diospyros kaki leaf extract, pueraria lobata root extract, cinnamomum cassia bark extract, artemisia princeps leaf extract, morus alba fruit extract, BHT, disodium EDTA, 1,2-hexanediol, caprylyl glycol, ethylhexylglycerin, fragrance

on 4/10/2015 4:42:00 PM

Wanted to love this sunscreen since it's so lightweight and non-greasy and has nice UVA filter. Can't use it on face since it's irritating and makes my eyes water like crazy when I wear it. A big NO-NO! I suspect it's the fragrance since UV filters usually make my skin burn and itch, sometimes even turn red, this one doesn't do that, just the constant stinging in my eyes all day long. Other than that, it's pretty. Has the consistency of a thin white body lotion, very easy to apply and sinks in within 10 minutes. No white stuff on skin or clothes since it's uses chemical filters. (Edit: it leaves spots on black clothes) Finish is dewy/glowy, without being sticky, so oily/combo skins wouldn't look nice, unless with powder or something. It claims to have some skin care benefits as well, and I think these claims are justified, it doesn't dry skin out, moisturizes it a bit even and brightens it a bit over time. No breakouts either. In other words, perfect if you're after that dewy look. And don't have sensitive eyes.

on 3/12/2015 1:39:00 PM

(Pink version)

This is a very nice sunscreen. It has a light texture, but is nice and hydrating. Much better than your typical American sunscreen. It also has lots of plant extract ingredients for skincare. If you have combo, oily, or even normal skin, you could probably even use this as an spf/moisturizer.

However, I probably won't be repurchasing this because of the smell. It isn't unpleasant, but boy is it strong. It is a floral perfumey smell. Personally, I don't like strong smelling products, especially for my face. If you don't mind the strong scent, I would definitely recommend.

on 9/14/2014 5:12:00 AM

I got the pink version. It is a good value sunscreen, cost about $10 on eBay.
It is light textured but the finish is still too shiny for me.

I have the mild version - SPF 45, white bottle. For years I have been looking for a light formula sunblock with a non-oily finish that doesn't break me out. I think I've finally found it. This is very runny but dries almost instantly to an invisible finish. The best way to apply is as a final skincare step by patting it onto the skin, much like you would an Asian lotion (toner). My skin is spotty right now and because I'm using a retinol cream at night this is a godsend for days I don't want to wear high factor bb cream. I haven't tried it over make-up yet but I think this might be possible too. Even including shipping costs it's very reasonably priced. UPDATE: still love this - I'm on my second bottle and about to order my third. A bottle lasts about three months with daily use, used on face and neck, so it's very good value. No breakouts either and my skin can be sensitive.

on 11/24/2013 11:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This product is pretty good but not as good as shiseido's urban defense facial ss which is very comparable in texture, finish etc. If it were more readily available in the states and I didn't have to pay so much for shipping I would prefer this as it is cheaper, however it is expensive to obtain from overseas sellers.

on 8/3/2013 1:08:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love this product. Usually my skin is sensitive to various brands of sunscreen but this works wonders. It's so light that you don't feel like you're wearing sunscreen at all. It's great for summer here in Aus with the harsh sun because it has a high SPF reading. It doesn't dry up or flake and the smell is bearable.

Overall this is a great way to finish your daily morning skin routine before applying makeup.

on 6/6/2013 9:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I really like this sunscreen. It has a light texture that is easily absorbed into the skin so you aren't left with the greasy feeling on your skin. It has a rather strong perfumed scent, which at first I liked, but now I don't like so much. I would prefer something with a by slight scent or no scent at all. I absolutely love the packaging for this sunscreen. It's essentially a squeeze bottle with a small nozzle, but it looks very sophisticated with the rubberised tube, the print, and the shiny silver cap. Originally $19.90 AUD instore but it was 20% off at the time I purchased it.

What really intrigued me about this sunscreen are the plant extracts that claim to provide other benefits along with the SPF protection (this is taken directly from the box):
Extract of aloe and cucumber- it soothes the fatigued skin caused by exterior stress
Extracts of Morris alba and glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice) root- nourishes and moisturises the skin
Extracts of portulaca oleracea and witch hazel- it protects the skin from harmful environment
The list of ingredients also has a lot of other plant extracts not mentioned above.

From my experience of using this daily for the past few months I can't vouch for the first and third claim, but the second claim seems to be alright. Sometimes I use this as a moisturiser on its own, and it works well for my dry skin. Either way I'm a sucker for plant extracts and added benefits so this is fine for me.

Bottom line: a good sunscreen with high level of protection (SPF 45 PA+++) that is easily absorbed and doesn't leave a white cast. However because of the strong perfumed scent I will not repurchase.

on 5/19/2013 7:29:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I don't know if I'd re-purchase this because I can't stand the smell. It has a distinct perfume smell to it. I don't know but it makes me gag. I have a pretty sensitive nose. Other than that I love this sunblock, it is great under makeup and alone.. I bought the waterproof one, maybe it has a different scent than the non-waterproof? Not too sure. But IDK. I bought this on eBay for about $13-15 and it came in the mail in about 2 weeks. I have tried the Kaore Biore version and those smell way better.

on 5/9/2013 1:57:00 AM

Definitely, my HG sunscreen as it has no white cast, dries in 5 minutes to a matte finish, is hydrating enough and relatively cheap.

The only drawback is it is pretty rare here in my country and can only be purchased online. Still, I will surely repurchase!

on 12/12/2012 10:36:00 PM

I have the Safe Block Soft Finish Sun Milk and it is by far the best sunscreen I have ever used. The coverage is high yet it's super light weight and spreads very easily. But the best best part? It dries to a matte texture. There is not a lick of oil ... and that greasy feeling you usually get from sunscreen? Non-existent! HG for sure, I would repurchase no matter what the price is.

Top Rated MISSHA Products