April 20, 2014 | 1333 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Nair - brazilian spa clay cream reviews

rated 1 of 5 on 3/19/2014 1:22:00 PM More reviews by Ebeth76

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This review is for the Total care face trio, from the Brazilian spa clay line from Nair.
I have a lot of blonde peach fuzz all over my face, like from my neck almost up to my under eye area, and I have been removing it for years. I have had mixed results with Nair, some of their products have worked beautifully, while some have left me with literal scabs. (The aloe/sensitive formula burned me horribly).
I was excited when Olay came out with their two step product, it worked great. But it is close to $30. So when I saw this on clearance for $6, I thought I would give it a try, since it is the same concept with the pretreatment skin protection.
Um, no. This is nothing like the Olay version. That I could use in the morning and proceed with my normal skincare (well, no scrubs) and makeup and go about my day. This left my skin so red and irritated it was embarrassing. Luckily I used it at night before bed, as I always do when trying something like this the first time. My skin was still unhappy the next morning, though it didn't leave any actual burns, it was very red and sensitized.
I still have the rest of the product, maybe I will try it on my toes. (Hobbit feet lol)
It's back to Olay for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/16/2014 5:38:00 PM More reviews by MissBrianna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The pump is convenient for application and the packing is simple. It has been years since I have tried a Nair hair removal product (and any other hair remover cream) because of a bad experience. I was hoping the outcome would be different this time but I ended up not liking the product. I do not have sensitive skin, my hair is medium thickness and I only left the product on my legs for four minutes or less. It did not remove anything and I was not expecting it to since it was only five minutes but the cream was buying my skin too badly. My skin is now sore and red (no bumps) and in pain whenever something rubs or touches my leg. I'm sure this product or brand is useful to others but if I try a product like this again I am going to look for one designed for sensitive skin!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2013 3:30:00 PM More reviews by alexanna7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

It comes with a preparing cream,to protect your skin, then you apply the nair with a tube. You leave it there 7 minutes,then you remove it. You finally apply a soft moisturizer et voila! No hair on the upper lips skin! Love it!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/30/2013 4:52:00 PM More reviews by archaics

This review is for the specific facial cream in this clay line. I do not have sensitive skin, nothing irritates it or breaks it out, it's tough. This stuff however gave me the worst burn all over my cheeks and chin. I left it on for the recommended 5 minutes and noticed it starting to sting but it wasn't awful so I just left it (my mistake). As I was using water to gently rinse it off my face, and then I, were screaming. My face was covered in red, bloody burns and it took a week to heal after scabbing.

It did remove my hair though. Along with my layers of skin, yeesh.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2013 12:56:00 PM More reviews by sweetie6116

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I keep seeing reviews that are not so positive for this product. Are you guys using the NEW Nair Spa Clay hair remover for face?

I LOVE THIS!!!!! It comes with a pre lotion that you apply in an upward motion. Thin layer.

Then you use the 2nd tube that has the angled dispenser. You apply this thickly. You wait 7-10 minutes, take a warm wash cloth and it gets that hair off!!!!
SMOOTH skin now.....no one wants to see that fuze on your face or upper lip....so takes care of this! <3

PLUS included is the after moisturizer.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this product!!!!

THis is brand new so if you haven't tried it, you gotta!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2013 2:21:00 AM More reviews by missmanic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've been using the Nair cream on my upper lip since high school. It gets the job done and I wanted to try the new line. Like the original, this product stops working for me and just stings if left sitting for a few months. I wish it lasted longer, since I only have to use it once every month or so and end up throwing away alot of product/

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2013 3:23:00 AM More reviews by mallorywouldgo

I really like this for what it is. It does its job. Doesn't smell awful and doesn't overly irritate my face. I get fine blonde hir all over my face and neck and this gets rid of it in 5 minutes. I left it on for too long once and my skin as fine. The packaging is too cute, will def repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2012 1:24:00 AM More reviews by laschnauzer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Loved it! Waxing the hair off my abs and arms isn't the greatest option since it grows darker.
I purchased this because of the convenient sponge and was happy to discover that the smooth side of the sponge is used to apply the lotion and the bumpy side is used to remove the hair.
I applied, waited a bit less than 10 minutes and hopped in the shower.
I have smooth arms and abs.

I usually shave my legs but I plan in trying this on them sometime to see how long will take to need to shave again.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/10/2012 4:47:00 AM More reviews by caileydawn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I bought this after reading all the positive reviews. I have really dark, suborn leg hair. It grows back the same day after shaving, so I didn't expect much. I applied this the way as directed, but it only make the hairs smaller, but it burned reeeeally bad. It worked well on my arms and lower back, but that's the only area I can use this. The smell is still that nasty nair stench, but I can't expect any hair removing cream to smell like anything but bleach or chemicals.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/25/2012 5:56:00 PM More reviews by mseals

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I SO wanted to love this product. It went on easily, smelled nice, removed hair VERY well, and left my face super smooth. Alas, 8 hours later, my jawlines on both sides are itching/burning and I have a raised rash/irritaiton in that area. Does ANYONE out there know of a facial hair remover that does not irritate sensitive skin? I cannot find the Sally Hansen sensitive skin formula that I used previously w/out any problems.