Garnier Sleek and Shine Moroccan Sleek Oil Treatment

4.5

Cyclopentiasiloxane, dimethiconol, parfum/fragrance, argania spinosa oil/argania spinosa kernel oil, prunus armeniaca kernel oil/ apricot kernel oil, linalool, hexyl cinnamal, citronellol, limonene, benzyl alcohol, geraniol, carrot oil/beta-carotene F.LL D53305/1

I`ve made this purchase thanks to you, MUA ladies, and I owe you one for that. This oil really is pretty amazing considering the price, the performance, the ingredient list. I mean, it actually made my hair look just as good as my Morrocanoil Argan oil does, and it costs a fraction of the price!!! I even like the smell of this better than Morrocanoil. What a nice little find!

I can't say enough about how wonderful this product is! I've been using some sort of oil in my hair for the last 9 years or so to help protect against heat damage, sun damage, and just to give a little extra shine.
I've gone through many different oils, serums, sprays, and leave in conditioners. I've spent anywhere between $5 - $95.
Granier SLEEK & SHINE is literally the best and cheapest around. I mean, if it were $95 I'd still buy it!
It leaves your hair feeling silky and smooth with a beautiful shine without weighing your hair down. It extends my haircuts by at minimum a month (due to split-ends). And, it smells nice. I'm always getting compliments on just how silky and shiny my hair is.
This is THE BEST oil on the market!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this serum because it tames frizz, and absorbs fully into the hair. It is possible for this to make you hair look greasy, but I found this serum to absorb very well. Tames frizz and protects ends like a charm. I've used this for months and it worked. At that time I was not using a clarifying shampoo, and it did build up--so definitely clarify your hair once in a while if you're using this. I also really liked using this when I didn't want to spend the cash on the chi serum, this is a great dupe for many higher end serums. It doesn't add as much shine, but the frizz control and softness is amazing.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I really love this. I'm a huge Moroccan Oil fan and have used another similar oil that I loved just as much from Dermorganics. This is supposed to be a similar product but I actually find it to be a little different yet I love it just as much. In my opinion, this more of a serum than an oil. Still an oil but leaning more serum-like than oil-like because I don't really find that using this when my hair is wet or damp does much. I prefer to use this when my hair is completely dry before styling. Whereas I used Moroccan Oil when my hair was wet but didn't like using it in my dry hair (it's more oil-like). Makes straightening easier and makes it look much more professional and sleek. This gives my hair a lot of shine without being greasy, smooths and softens my hair and overall just makes my hair look and feel so much healthier without weighing it down at all. I have quite thick, somewhat course hair and this absorbs so nicely. Texture is neither too thick or thin. The smell is divine, it's quite sweet yet exotic and slightly floral and the scent stays for a pretty decent amount of time. This product has changed the way my hair looks and feels and I think I'm just going to be purchasing this from now on instead of Moroccan Oil.

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

In my opinion, this product is easily a dupe for the original Moroccanoil which retails for over $40 USD, whereas this Garnier oil retails for $5-6 USD. I am so pleased to have discovered this as I was really getting uncomfortable having to repurchase the Moroccanoil at such a HUGE markup. This product is almost identical in texture and the results it delivers. This does everything that Moroccanoil does and more. This actually makes my hair shinier and smoother than Moroccanoil and I don't have to use as much (a little goes a long way as too much weighs my hair down). My hair is very dry and colour treated and this makes it look sleek and healthy.

I rotate between this and Suave's moroccan oil, both of which make my hair very soft. This one has less fragrance but a thicker formula, which drips easily from the bottle so when I travel, I'm going to have to seal it up well.
My hair is long, so my treatment includes Suave Professionals Sleek shampoo, a light conditioner, and serum occasionally. I'm not afraid of 'cones because my hair needs the added moisture, but I don't want heavy moisture (I'm looking at you, Pantene!). With a slightest amount, this product distributes easily through wet hair, helps me brush it out, and defends my curls/waves.
Easy to find, fairly priced, nice addition to hair treatments.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Nothing really new to say, but thought I'd add to the positive rating in order to bolster a really good product. I'm not normally a Garnier user, but this ones a winner. Yes, it has 'cones in it, but so do all the commercial hair oils. And if you look at the labels, this one has more natural oils and fewer 'cones than Moroccanoil, for five bucks versus fifty. I have used Moroccanoil, Biosilk, Aquage, Josie Maran, Shea Moisture, this, and probably others I've forgotten about. This isn't necessarily BETTER than those, but it's equally as good, so for such a drastic price differential, I gotta go with this. Sinks in quickly and doesn't look greasy, smells fairly inoffensive, and really provides a nice sheen/texture. It's easy to find, so try it. For four to six dollars (depending on where you buy) you're hardly risking much!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

It's a nice formula, but it really doesn't differ from the other serum Garnier offers in the same Sleek and Shine collection. Of course, Garnier just had to follow the Moroccan Oil trend and make a similar looking product to attract more customers, but they didn't even have to since the other serum they offer already has a similar ingredient list to the original Moroccanoil. The texture is a touch more thick than the Sleek and Shine Anti-Frizz Serum but that's about it. That, plus the addition of beta-carotene for the orangey color and the misleading name "treatment" on the label. The biggest pet peeve I have with this is the bottle cap. Why they would put that leaky spout on a greasy product is beyond me. I'd stick with the other one which has a practical pump and a touch more product for your money.

Ingredient list for Sleek and Shine Anti-Frizz Serum: Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethiconol, Argania Spinosa Oil/Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Parfum/Fragrance, Prunus Armeniaca Kernel Oil/Apricot Kernel Oil, Benzyl Alcohol, Linalool, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citronellol. Fil D46535/1.

Ingredient list for Sleek and Shine Moroccan Sleek Oil Treatment: Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethiconol, Parfum / Fragrance, Argania Spinosa Oil / Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Prunus Armeniaca Kernel Oil / Apricot Kernel Oil, Linalool, Hexyl Cinnamal, Citronellol, Limonene, Benzyl Alcohol, Geraniol, Carrot Oil / Beta-Carotene.

It's pretty good. I used to buy the "Moroccan oil" for $40 bucks a bottle and while I loved it, it was very expensive. I must say, I love MUA. Whenever I want to buy something, I review it. Without it, I would be so lost! We are very fortunate to have this site! I bought this oil to replace my Moroccan oil and got it based on the reviews here. It works very well and it feels slightly different than Moroccan oil. But at $6 bucks a bottle I figured why not.. I'll try it. This is my second bottle. I use it on wet and dry hair, working it more into my ends. Use too much and it'll be greasy. It is a good frizz tamer and makes my hair feel really soft, especially when I straighten my hair.

Love this stuff in the summer when my light blonde hair can tend toward dryness and sun damage. it's also great in the winter. I use this on my ends when my hair is wet or dry. I've also used a few drops mixed with my regular conditioner in the shower for a little extra boost of moisture and shine. I've been using this for a few years now and it's always great.