July 25, 2014 | 1914 users online

BB Cream - L'Oreal - Revitalift Total Repair 10 BB Cream

rated 2 of 5 on 6/8/2014 7:27:00 AM More reviews by Briitta

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought the Light version.

Packaging: I like the packaging, just a simple pump bottle and it looks quite classy. It was also very easy to keep it clean, whereas some pump bottles just make the product go all over the nozzle.

Scent: It had a floral/ sunscreen scent. Personally I'm not a fan of scented skincare products. It makes me feel like the product is thicker for some reason. Possibly because you can't forget it's on.

Consistency: It has a creamy texture. I had to experiment a bit with this cream, on how to apply it. Day one I applied the cream without moisturiser, and found it VERY hard to spread, and I had to use even more product. It was as if it absorbed into my skin upon impact. Day two I applied moisturiser (Cetaphil), let it set and then applied the cream on top. I find this the best way to apply it as the moisturiser helps it spread evenly. Just be careful not to layer it, or to apply too much as it feels very greasy on your skin all day.

Coverage: Light coverage. It covers slight imperfections and gives a slight tanned look. I found that I didn't have to apply foundation, and that I felt comfortable just applying concealer where I needed to. It didn't cover pimples, or dark circles but I wouldn't expect it to. It certainly helped to hide then. It lasted all day for me, with a matte finish.

My Reaction: After three days my skin began to feel tight and a little itchy, but I did not think it was connected to the product. Days three and four, I felt a burning feeling on my face after only a few hours, especially under my eyes. I can feel small bumps on my forehead and neck (this is the only product I use on these areas) which aren't really noticeable to anyone else, and it looks like a burn is forming on my forehead. Additionally, I mentioned pimples before. This product has made me break out, which never normally happens. Even by using Benzac AC after I had removed my makeup with cleanser every night did not prevent them. I have never had a reaction like this to any skincare product.

General: The BB cream is fine. It soaks into your skin after a few minutes after you apply it. However, for me it's not worth it purely from it's reaction to my skin. But everyone is different, you may not have the same reaction. If I hadn't had this reaction I don't think I would buy it again, just because of the scent and how hard it is to apply. I'm sure any other BB cream could provide the positive qualities of this product, without the negative.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/26/2014 9:58:00 PM More reviews by kimtnn

At first when testing the product out on the back of my hand it felt super smooth, blended out really easily and seemed to absorb quite quickly. I thought I'd give it a try and bought it.

The way I wear this product is I use it as a base, an everyday moisturizing SPF cream and I'll use a little bit of concealer over where needed.

After a couple of uses I noticed when I would touch the skin it felt a little grimy and as I gently rub my finger on my skin the product rubs off in dirty flakes!! It's not the concealer, even if I use it with different foundations or powder foundations everything seems to rub off.

The closest thing to describing what it looks/feels is erasing pencil markings... the texture is the eraser shavings on your finger!

I wouldn't purchase this product again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2013 3:48:00 PM More reviews by missvengeance

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This actually works really well for me. I bought it in the light shade (I'm nc 25 for color reference) and it matches pretty well.
It doesn't oxidize as other DS BB creams that I have tried and gives my skin the perfect amount of moisture to make it dewy looking.
I have very sensitive skin so I was worried about breakouts but thankfully that never happened.
I have stopped using foundation and just use this with a bit of setting powder if I want a more matte finish.
Would definitely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2013 1:15:00 PM More reviews by hel0107

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i am very prone to break outs with creams and foundations i have set myself a mission to find the perfect bb cream
i bought this for the anti aging i bought the medium which was to dark but i swapped it for light much better shade. it goes on very smooth and feels soothing and doesnt break me out this is why i always go back to this product
the coverage doesnt do much i just use it as a base you will need a foundation over this unless you have perfect skin

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2013 10:13:00 PM More reviews by rtauschke2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Pros - I have this in "light" and the colour of it looks great on my skin, it gives me a smooth, dewy glow. The SPF20 is a great bonus for Australian summer. The pump pack is hygenic and portable.
Cons - It rubs off in dirty flakes minutes after application. The chemical stink of it is horrid. The pump pack dispenses way too much with just the softest of pushes - so lots goes to waste. It is outrageously expensive for what it is $35AU for a drugstore brand!
This seemed to be exactly what I was after and at first I was really impressed with this. However the cons far outweigh the good, so I wont be buying again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2012 11:53:00 AM More reviews by Avyola

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

The first time that I had this bb-cream on I was really disappointed. If I rubbed my hands over my face, my bb cream would just come off instantly. So then I thought; It's revitalift and it is made for older women, why won't I give it to my mom? So I did, and she has used it since the day I have given it to her. It looks so good on her! I read the other reviews and I noticed that the older women (44-55) trying this bb cream were liking this product. So maybe it really is an age thing with this bb cream. Anyway, my mom is loving this product, and I must say that her skin looks so smooth and flawless when she has got this on!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/8/2012 7:24:00 PM More reviews by naralph

Terribly disappointed! Like many others, this product clung to all of the trouble areas around my face, and oxidised like nothing else only after 10-15 minutes, making it look cakey and orange! Terrible. Definitely will not re-purchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/28/2012 1:16:00 AM More reviews by chrissaayy

so far, i just purchased this bb cream a couple of hours ago.. i have tried it out and im actually very impressed. My skin is combination oily skin and i was worried that it would move around on my skin like the original garnier bb cream. this isnt the case it has managed to stay :)
i only brought this product because a chemist where i live near had this offer where if i brought 2 items from lorial i got this bb cream for free, and at the start i was a bit meh to buying it.. so it was the perfect opportunity for me.

The packaging quality : its nice, it is very light weight and when i shake the bottle i cant feel any product moving.. i don't know if thats a good thing or a bad thing. The pump can be controlled which i quite like.. when i first opened it i pumped it and too much went on my hand but when i opened it again to put it on, i controlled it and didn't get a full pump which was really nice.

Shade: At mac, im usually a NW25, and i brought the bb cream shade in light. it seems to match my skin perfectly, but i heard reviews that it does oxadize, this hasnt happened to me yet. I tried out the shade medium on my hand and it was orange and shimmery so i might suggest staying away from this colour.

I have set this bb cream with my australis fresh and flawless powder (apparently a dupe for MAC studio fix powder) and it has given me a semi matte finish, which is what i like.

the only downfall of this product is that it will most likely be too dark for any tones lighter than NW25..

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2012 7:29:00 AM More reviews by Lulu0203

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I can't understand what all these people are talking about - I love this product. I am fair skin, but have just had a holiday and have some colour to my face. I got a free sample of the BB cream in shade medium and thought, after reading these reviews, that I was going to end up looking orange - TOTALLY WRONG!! The product goes on like a dream, it enhances the slight tan I have on my face and makes my skin look radiant - it has also evened out my skin tone. I only use a serum under it (Lacura Anti Wrinkle Serum bought from Aldi's for £3.99), so not sure if that's making a difference to it not going orange as mentioned in the other reviews. Heading towards the winter, I would probably purchased it in the light shade. This product is just great - anti-wrinkle cream and foundation in one - what more could a girl want!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 7/6/2012 4:29:00 AM More reviews by annia316

So disappointed with this product. I really wanted to like it but its only horrible. I got the shade in light and when it oxidizes after 10 minutes its way too dark for me! A BB Cream is supposed to blend, no? I probably would be able to live with that but what really makes it a bad product for me is the fact, that it cakes and you can rub it off really easily after it dried. Big big Fail, L'oreal!! For this price I expected a little bit more than that.