August 28, 2014 | 1376 users online

Eyeliner - NYX - Liquid Crystal Liner - ALL

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2013 2:57:00 PM More reviews by BeatFaceBeauty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Found these at Target, I think they might have been around 2.99 a piece. I got Extreme blue, a bright mettalic royal blue and Crystal onyx a dark grey with silver glitter flecks. The blue is an awesome color and looks great not too happy about the foumula stinging the hell outta my eyelids upon application though, it stops after a few seconds but after an 17 hr day when I went to remove everything I did notice that my lashline was a tiny bit puffy and red, so those with sensitive eyes my want to skip this product. The liner went on smoothly but my wing took a while to dry and when I went over it with more product the line kinda came off, so you have to apply carefully. I have yet to try the Crystal Onyx, I thought it would be a black liner with silver glitter (Looks that way in the tube) but when I swatched it on the back of my hand and let it dry it came out dark grey, so I'll need too layer it over my typical black liner to fix that. I really love the look of the blue, but I won't be buying this again, I didn't see any other colors that interest me and I know I can find other awesome liners that don't sting.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/28/2013 4:00:00 AM More reviews by as713

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I actually just got this for christmas and can i just say, oh my god. this stuff is terrible! The color payoff is a joke and like many others, it burned after i put it on and then got crusty and uncomfortable after the burning went down. DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT

rated 3 of 5 on 12/8/2013 4:15:00 PM More reviews by mongator66

Please go to the link below to read about eye sensitivity with this eyeliner. http://smoulderingviolet.wordpress.com/2013/10/27/nyx-liquid-crystal-liner/

rated 1 of 5 on 9/13/2013 2:15:00 AM More reviews by jacbaby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Old review: Very nice product I own a few in a couple of different colors. Never have any problem with it wearing off I always have a primer underneath my eyeshadow. I do the liner last. Only complaint is that when you put it on at first it stings the crap out of your eyelid but it goes away in a couple of minutes.

NEW: I gave this product a 3 now I'm giving it a 1. If I wear it for just one day only my eyes are extremely itchy, puffy, and overall irritated. I will try the Urban Decay ones even if they are quite more. I will change this review again if i feel like they are good as glitter on top of the lid.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/22/2013 7:45:00 PM More reviews by Pestina18

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Quick highlights: applicator tip isn't good, watery, thin and clumpy |||||
I bought one of these (black) on sale because I had a party coming up and wanted a little touch of glitter. I like how concentrated the glitter is - you really get a lot of glitter when you apply it, but not so much that it looks overwhelming. Just a hint of sparkle! However, I do NOT like the applicator tip. It's so long and flexible that it's difficult to get a straight line. This formula also isn't amazing - it's pretty watery, and I have to apply a few coats to get the color to show up. Maybe it would be better as a sort of "top coat" over another eyeliner. This stuff also tends to get really clumpy and lumpy, making it difficult to apply. I probably wouldn't buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2013 6:09:00 PM More reviews by xCarrieex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought six of these at Ulta last Friday because they have BOGO 50% off. The colors I bought are Crystal Smokey Grey (Onyx), Crystal Pink, Crystal Hip, Crystal Aqua, Crystal Pewter, and Crystal Jade. So far I've played around with the Onyx, Pink, Hip, and Jade. So far, so good!
Thankfully I haven't had any problems with a burning sensation like a couple of other reviews have mentioned. I personally haven't had any issues with the dry time because I like to wear these liners on my bottom lash line and a lot of time I put it on then move on to mascara or lipstick to let it dry. Even when I did place it on my upper lash line, I didn't have much of a problem with it getting all over my lid and eye area. It stayed put pretty well. The only qualm that I have is that if you do forget you have it on and rub your eyes, it beads and rolls up like glue (it's hard to explain). But the color pay off is GORGEOUS!
I really want to go back and grab either the champagne or gold color...maybe even both. I'm definitely addicted to these liners and they help make a natural look a little more flashy. (:

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2013 2:35:00 PM More reviews by fabmac1

I have this in the gold and pewter purple. I love how concentrated the glitter is in this liner. I don't have have to go over it a second time to get a nice saturated glitter line! I have experienced some minor stinging upon application but it subsides once it's dried. I have pretty sensitive eyes as well so they did water a bit. I would repurchase again cuz i feel that the quality is great as well as the price. I think i paid just under $6 for these liners. I am tempted to go back and get more colors but I don't wear glitter liners very often lol so I'm still debating on that....

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2012 11:16:00 PM More reviews by ChicksAlmighty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this in Crystal Pink and it's SO good! Really pretty, I'm a big fan.
The colour payoff is great and it's really long lasting. I didn't have a stinging sensation like the other reviewer did, so maybe that's just a sensitivity issue. It's probably better to do a patch test or something before you purchase to check for that though, it sounds unpleasant.

I plan to get this in more colours, it's easily the best glitter liner I've owned, I just love it. Great product for creative looks or just to accent regular liner.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2012 2:24:00 AM More reviews by PiMehMeh

I bought several of these liners in Crystal Onyx, Crystal Pink, Crystal Aqua, and Crystal Jade when I was at IMATS last summer because I loved the amount of glitter in their gel base. However when I was testing them at IMATS I tested them on my hand, and now I wished I had at least tested it on my lids and not purchased them after all.

My favorite thing about these liners is that the color pay off is wonderful for a glitter liner and their colors are beautiful; my favorite was Jade. I tried Urban Decay Heavy Metal Glitter Liner in Midnight Cowboy a few months ago, and would totally recommend NYX over Urban Decay for the better application and overall look! You really don't even have to layer these on to intensify the look; one line delivers a pretty glittery streak instead of just a few flecks.

There was one problem with these liners that I didn't experience until after I had bought them and actually wore them on my lids. I don't think I have sensitive skin but it may just be my eyelids that are sensitive, though I have also read other reviews and stories about the same experience I had. When I would layer a line of this product over my solid eyeliner color, I would feel a burning, stinging sensation on my eyelids for a few seconds after applying it. I'm not sure if there might be an ingredient in this liner that may cause skin irritation... The application for me was painful enough for me to end up crying my eyeliner off anyway, so I ultimately had to give up using these, which is a shame because they're gorgeous. Definitely test your makeup if you're allowed to, so you don't end up with burning eyelids!