NYX Liquid Crystal Liner - ALL

2.9

on 5/11/2015 9:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I bought this in crystal silver in hopes that it would be a fun liner and an easy way for a quick glittery look without fallout. (I'm not big on eye makeup, at the most I'll do a cat eye occasionally). what a mistake!! it burns so horribly upon application. after a little investigating I realized it says it's not intended to be used in the eye area..... where else do they expect me to applying glittery silver eye liner? In addition, a few hours after applying it always peels and flakes off. yuck. I was excited to add a little sparkle to my look but I guess it wasn't meant to be, I really dislike this product.

on 12/10/2014 9:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Crusty! The color is beautiful but it becomes dry and flaky after a while. At first I thought I had eye-buggers (eww) but then I saw that chunks of this peeled of in a creepy way. Had to toss it.

on 11/16/2014 4:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love Nyx products but this liquid crystal liner is awful. After it dries it becomes very flaky and looks like your skin is peeling off. I wish I had bought 1 and tried it instead of buying 3 at once but I never had a problem with any Nyx products until I tried this liner :(

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really wanted to like this liner, especially since it's much cheaper than the Urban Decay Heavy Metal liners. Unfortunately, you get what you pay for with this product. Although I didn't have an issue with my eyes burning like other reviewers, the product started to peel off and looked like I had glue all over my eyelid...not cute!

I also had to laugh. The sticker on the tube says that this product is, "Not intended to be used around the eye area." It's a liner...where else is it supposed to go???

on 10/16/2014 12:33:00 AM

I bought three of these recently and love them. The pigment is great and the staying power of it is good also. As far as packaging goes don't drop it because it will snap in half.

on 9/23/2014 7:17:00 PM

I love these. These are the best glittery liquid liners I've bought and used. Even the Urban Decay glitter liners pale compared to these. The sparkle and shine of these is amazing. I'll apply this to my falsies or natural eyelashes for a bit more glam.

Unlike other glitter liners, the glitter bits don't flake off throughout wear and these layer very well.
The price is very good.
The application is very easy with a great brush that picks up plenty of glitter with each swipe.
Applying it over other makeup doesn't cause much, if any, smudging or flaking of the product underneath.
Non-irritating.

on 9/20/2014 6:15:00 AM

For a fun sparkle liner to add a little va-voom to your eye look you really can't go wrong with these super affordable NYX liners in a variety of colours.

I have not had any issues with stinging eyes as mentioned in reviews below, though I would never wear these as a lower eye liner but only as something to add a little sparkle and pop over eye liner on the upper lid.

Some of the colours are more pigmented than others and easier to work with my favourites being the sparkle pink and champagne.

I have a few of these and don't use them often so can see them lasting ages and this is the reason I will not be repurchasing.

Other thing is they come off with eye makeup remover but not that easily.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Found these at Target, I think they might have been around 2.99 a piece. I got Extreme blue, a bright mettalic royal blue and Crystal onyx a dark grey with silver glitter flecks. The blue is an awesome color and looks great not too happy about the foumula stinging the hell outta my eyelids upon application though, it stops after a few seconds but after an 17 hr day when I went to remove everything I did notice that my lashline was a tiny bit puffy and red, so those with sensitive eyes my want to skip this product. The liner went on smoothly but my wing took a while to dry and when I went over it with more product the line kinda came off, so you have to apply carefully. I have yet to try the Crystal Onyx, I thought it would be a black liner with silver glitter (Looks that way in the tube) but when I swatched it on the back of my hand and let it dry it came out dark grey, so I'll need too layer it over my typical black liner to fix that. I really love the look of the blue, but I won't be buying this again, I didn't see any other colors that interest me and I know I can find other awesome liners that don't sting.

on 12/28/2013 4:00:00 AM

I actually just got this for christmas and can i just say, oh my god. this stuff is terrible! The color payoff is a joke and like many others, it burned after i put it on and then got crusty and uncomfortable after the burning went down. DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT

on 12/8/2013 4:15:00 PM

Please go to the link below to read about eye sensitivity with this eyeliner. http://smoulderingviolet.wordpress.com/2013/10/27/nyx-liquid-crystal-liner/